Maintenance for the week of January 31:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 31
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – February 2 , 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – February 2 , 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)

ZENIMAX you ruined the game congratulations.

• JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dislike being igmored :p
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can lock the thread. But the fact remains that most players know I'm right. And those who don't know it yet, will find out the hard way.

BS right there.. Some players AGREE with you.. But that don't make your words truth.. People seem to always get that part wrong.. That you are not satisfied, does not mean something is broken.. It just mean that you have not found a way to get past it

Go into any trial and come back to me. Broken.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can lock the thread. But the fact remains that most players know I'm right. And those who don't know it yet, will find out the hard way.

BS right there.. Some players AGREE with you.. But that don't make your words truth.. People seem to always get that part wrong.. That you are not satisfied, does not mean something is broken.. It just mean that you have not found a way to get past it

Go into any trial and come back to me. Broken.

Trials have *** to do with the Tamriel world, so they have no importance to me
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The game is actually broken tho....thats not up for anyone to agree or disagree
    actual examples:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/bug-reports

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/xbox-one-technical-support

and...the dev tracker
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noone can say I'm ZOS fan, but I didn't see anything bad in selling DLCs. This is business, capitalism, you must be happy from it, right?
    I am Russian!
    PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 780+, Lich'Er (mag Sorc, Altmer), Licherr (stam NB, Cat), Alt F'Four (mag NB, Sax), Licher'Tank (stam DK, Viking), Licher'Heal (mag Templar, Lizard), Mehden (stam Mehden, Cannibal), Licher (crafter).
    YouTube: All ESO disguises - 2014 | Addon: Advanced Autoloot | Buff Breton race
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well the actual definition is- having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order.

Large portions of the game are damaged, no longer in one piece or working order, so Elder Scrolls Online - One Tamriel is "broken"

Some parts may be damage, though I would not say large parts as the game is primarily working just fine.. So no, I would still not agree that the game is broken.. The game as a whole, is certainly in working order

• GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    On xbox one the game is over 70gb that's a lot of code. Bound to be bugs in the game especially when the game is always changing.
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea MOST players are fed up.

Such insight..
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RNG is horrible

Not getting sharpen lighting even after 100 runs! Keep getting pathetic stuff!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having said that, when word of the sustain changes hit, more than a few people in endgame PVE guilds just left overnight. I couldn't give you an estimate, but really, think about something.

What I think is that it sounds like an overreaction. Considering that the patch wouldn't be hitting for a couple months (at that point), and that there would be who-knows-what alterations based on the beta - immediately going "OMG NO!" and bailing seems a bit extreme.

Why not... wait and see what happens? Why not... check out the PTS to see if altered builds work and/or provide good feedback?

Just a thought. But, then, I don't tend to get really worked-up about games. Of course, I'm not a bleeding-edge-type "progression" player. /shrug
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you blind, or did you just not read the sentance directly next to it? "Or, More accurately, Most players wont like the practical upshot."

Both sentences start with "most players" so I'm pretty sure my line still stands no? And no, the forum is not something to go by.. The forum is a minority of the players.. Not even all forum goers care to post.. The only thing you are gonna be able to judge by, is the player number..

Also, yes there was a lot of combat in the trailers.. But that was just as much to get our attention.. When looking through the old stuff from pre launch, there was tons of footage and vids showing off that big and wonderfull PvE world.. Besides, TES is usually tied to PvE.. So it was not really that big a surprise when PvP was only a small part of the game
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having said that, when word of the sustain changes hit, more than a few people in endgame PVE guilds just left overnight. I couldn't give you an estimate, but really, think about something.

What I think is that it sounds like an overreaction. Considering that the patch wouldn't be hitting for a couple months (at that point), and that there would be who-knows-what alterations based on the beta - immediately going "OMG NO!" and bailing seems a bit extreme.

Why not... wait and see what happens? Why not... check out the PTS to see if altered builds work and/or provide good feedback?

Just a thought. But, then, I don't tend to get really worked-up about games. Of course, I'm not a bleeding-edge-type "progression" player. /shrug

A few reasons.

1. When stuff hits the PTS it is rarely changed. We can see it in current and past cycles. Even the massive outcry against the sustain changes has done nothing, with a few people directly going after developers out of a feeling of simply being ignored.

2. These are people who have allready delt with alot of balance buggery allready .Whether it be people thinking it's too easy or too hard, people were not happy with the balance to begin with, and now add in the fact their not gonna be able to do the content without signifigant ajustment. Principle of erosion applies, after a point people get fed up.

3. ESO was never a nice game for raiders. Those who wanna do that content didn't like it here anyway. Why would you stay, when not only does it feel like this game does not appreciate you, but you have so many other options?

ESO has competition. It's pushing away of the PVE player, casual and hardcore alike, will be a boon for it's competition. And after all. The best way to make a point in buisness is to affect the bottom line. Not only are these players going where they will be happy, their making a statement to ZOS in the process.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on May 5, 2017 8:03PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you continue playing? Probably not, if your casual, aspirant, or even a MMO veteran. The new guys will be hit the hardest. This will drive away people, so. Wait until opening day and watch the zone chat. It''ll be the best conesensus we can get.

This statement is something that bugs me a lot. I can certainly see changes causing problems in the veteran area, and people who are already pushing the best that they can do. These are the areas that ZOS needs to take a close look at.

However, I don't think that new guys are going to be hardest hit. New guys are not playing the content that is really going to feel the impact. New guys are doing delves, dolmens, overland monsters, and quest areas. They don't need fancy rotations, and don't have access to top of the line gear and food. New guys can do great things with 5k DPS. They are already dealing with chronic resource problems because they don't have what it takes to maintain them, yet. They are always running out of resource. It is part of being a new guy. You learn how to manage. You get good at worrying about resource management long before you are able to build your character so you don't have to.

So, I don't worry about the new guy. Not only do I think they will be fine, but I think they will develop combat skills that many of the current players simply don't have.

I worry about the people who are pushing the boundaries of their own personal player skills. I worry about the players who have been in the game for a while that can barely manage to live through a delve or dungeon, or who die frequently when doing world bosses and group dungeons. Maybe they can't crack MA, or some trial, no matter how hard they try. These people can be found across the whole game. They are at their level of incompetence, and can become dependent upon others to perform at the level that they are at. They are the ones that are going to be hardest hit, especially if the people they are dependent on cannot support them as easily. ZOS needs to see if there is something they can do for these players, if not directly, then indirectly through the people they are dependent upon.

Never stop and ask a Miregaunt for directions...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElsonsoJannus
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    0fbcc6854cd5a90776803ac790974a18.jpg

I've stared at that picture for several minutes and still don't see what I was looking for.
    Wink, wink
    Nudge, nudge

ahhhh, my true aspirations are finally starting to come in to view...
    tumblr_m5xomvneo51r9ispto1_r3_400.gif
    PS4: NA and EU (Grey Host) - This Must be the Place