Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

ZENIMAX you ruined the game congratulations.

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure most people wont even notice honestly.
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! You only have half of a brain...however have you managed to survive the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune as long as you have? I'm impressed!
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can lock the thread. But the fact remains that most players know I'm right. And those who don't know it yet, will find out the hard way.

So when is your game coming out?

Most players do NOT believe that you are right.

Cut the fan boy crap out. When is my game coming out? Here it is: http://www.playdnl.com

looks and sounds pretty good, following its progress.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • quake89
    quake89
    ✭✭✭
    They can lock the thread. But the fact remains that most players know I'm right. And those who don't know it yet, will find out the hard way.

BS right there.. Some players AGREE with you.. But that don't make your words truth.. People seem to always get that part wrong.. That you are not satisfied, does not mean something is broken.. It just mean that you have not found a way to get past it

Go into any trial and come back to me. Broken.

Fully agree the game is unplayable on Xbox and trials have been broken or unusually laggy since before Christmas especially MOL and VHRC however I switched to PC and have had no issues trials are smooth no issues whats so ever it's really a enjoyable game on pc.

That being said if you play it on Xbox then the game is a struggle to enjoy with it's ongoing performance problems and it is something ZOS should look to address considering the amount of the playerbase on consoles.
    PC -EU
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    quake89 wrote: »
    Fully agree the game is unplayable on Xbox

So you can't even log in? Can't even get past character selection I take it?
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on May 6, 2017 8:38AM
  • shadow071179
    shadow071179
    ✭✭✭
    Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.

If you dont like the game, stop playing.

But please stop B!tch!ng about it.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And most of us who have half a brain are fed up [snip].

Right, so everyone who's still enjoying the game are unintelligent.

Maybe it's time you start looking for another game? Because this doesn't seem like one you enjoy very much at this point
    *Special Snowflake*

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    What is worse is there are still white knights who defend this crap lol
    Troneon wrote: »
    LFG TOOL - BROKEN
    TRIALS - BROKEN
    ACHIEVEMENTS - BROKEN
    SKILLS - BROKEN
    PVP - BROKEN
    SERVERS - USUALLY BROKEN
    LAG / LOADING SCREENS - BROKEN

ESO - ********** BROKEN

But it's ok NO ETA but it is something we want to fix but really we are *** you and don't give a ***.

Please buy more houses though, and don't forget Morrowind patch...nerf everything except the OP warden we need you to buy the fake expansion DLC and don't forget to buy an extra character slot....oh and subscribe...do that too....and....$$$$$$$$$$$

giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOCD_Jzre3c

Blame your own peasant machine, I have rare issues listed here loo
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greed is what keeps them floating. Only greed can get rich, fact of life.
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First it was the champion point cap. Then it was the cash shop. Then there was a pay wall. Then they made cp useless. On top of completely broken content. [snip] Mark my words morrowwind will kill the game. I'd say fix your game.. but there are already 500 locked thread saying that. You can't just ignore the issues and they go away. The players notice. And most of us who have half a brain are fed up [snip]. You're [snip] completely out of touch with your players. Instead of fixing content that has been broken for 3 YEARS you keep pumping out cash shop items. And putting in a paywall for a DLC? Really? [snip]

[Edit to remove bashing.]

Unless it is not an issue and you are just being a nuisance.
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should probably get ridd of the cp system alltogether or turn it in something that adds/unlocks emotes, costumes etc...

It most likely should have been things like your food lasts longer or your potions add an added benefit. You run faster. Things of that nature. But we still don't know, and I don't think the devs do either, if its the leading cause of what they see as a problem. It might be. They're hitting gear too so that might be. Readjusting racials. So many things.

And they should have CP in battlegrounds. They just divide it like the do the campaigns. Every time I've looked it seems like the one where you got to use them was the most popular. So the CP changes might be a huge backlash.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, yes, with continuous nerfing, ZOS/dev have contributed just as much to ruining this game for me as continuous arse players/gamers and toxic chat contents.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »

Or most players just don't let a video game rule their life and emotions o:)

I think that, actually is what op is getting at.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    There are a few of us that arent happy. But sucking it up and heavy attacking are what we have to do soon. So its deal with it or move on .

I ain't heavy attacking. XD i'll probably slot eg and do vma here or there, or writs, waiting for zos to realize they effed up, but we all have our limits.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Most players huh? I disagree with you whole heartedly. Maybe I'm just from a different generation of gamers but I really don't understand the sheer vitriol on these forums directed at the people who made this game. They even explain every change they make as they make them now, they are the most transparent I've seen an MMO dev team especially for a game of this scale. They've got passion, you can see it in their eyes during ESO live sessions where you have the people for whom the content has been their love child.

Then I also see in their eyes how more and more and more they realize that this community is just so toxic anymore. If anything kills this game, it will be us. We will be the ones to kill ESO. We being so toxic nobody will want to come to the forums and contribute ideas. We being so toxic that any meaningful feedback is drowned out in a sea of nonspecific "ESO is dead" threads.

I just don't understand anymore. This isn't what the community was like when the game launched and back then it was a broken mess. ESO today is far better for the changes made and come Morrowind many will have to adapt to the new changes. They are listening to feedback. Maybe people should understand that pre launch testing on the test server is to... test... the changes...? So that we can fine tune them and make sure they work fine...? Maybe it's a process? Maybe that's why they started it two months before launch?

Instead we have people like Deltia and his fan boys quitting a game the second radical changes are announced. There was a wave of people who did this for One Tamriel which proved to be a wonderful design choice that turned ESO into a truly unique and very Elder Scrolls feeling MMO. ZOS, for all their faults which they have their fair share, are not afraid to take risks. They're not afraid to implement bold new ideas. If you want a game that doesn't take risks, which is perfectly valid, you're welcome to follow Deltia out the door.

Personally, I applaud the direction they're going and have faith in the abilities of both the beta testers and ZOS to work out the kinks between now and a month from today.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....We will be the ones to kill ESO. We being so toxic nobody will want to come to the forums and contribute ideas. We being so toxic that any meaningful feedback is drowned out in a sea of nonspecific "ESO is dead" threads.
    Well, that's really the fault of the forum moderators. They need to ban the toxic people from the forums, otherwise the toxicity will continue. There is a minority of people here who consistently post awful, insulting things, but they're allowed to continue for some reason.

And I'm not talking about criticizing the game. Anyone should be allowed to criticize the game freely. I'm talking about the people who are consistently insulting and mean to other players.

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 6, 2017 1:28PM
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game has just gotten better ever since they got rid of VRs. CPs initially were too powerful, but they're dialing those back as well. They are making the sort of changes that will keep 1T/all content scaling continue to work for new characters.

The ceiling is being lowered, and that will rub some people the wrong way, but... the moment they give up on trying to keep the playerbase from being too strung out across a power-curve that is too large is the moment the game begins to atrophy.

If this was WoW they'd just continue to let math get out of control, start selling CP500 level scrolls in the cash shop, make the majority of existing content obsolete, and completely undo everything great they did with 1T that breathed new life into the game. Then your power creep would be trivialized AND the cash shop would be more P2W. Pass.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    ....We will be the ones to kill ESO. We being so toxic nobody will want to come to the forums and contribute ideas. We being so toxic that any meaningful feedback is drowned out in a sea of nonspecific "ESO is dead" threads.
    Well, that's really the fault of the forum moderators. They need to ban the toxic people from the forums, otherwise the toxicity will continue. There is a minority of people here who consistently post awful, insulting things, but they're allowed to continue for some reason.

And I'm not talking about criticizing the game. Anyone should be allowed to criticize the game freely. I'm talking about the people who are consistently insulting and mean to other players.

The moderators do police the forum, and they do it relatively quietly and pretty quickly. They have been in numerous comments removing the stuff that just causes problems, while leaving stuff that is more substantial. That takes time, and I appreciate that they are taking that time, rather than just quashing every comment that needs moderation. It would certainly be easier, and faster, to just delete the comment and move on.

I am all for banning the people who are intentionally causing problems, possibly out of some hatred that fuels them. I think that at times like these, when the forum is divided into the Pro and Con camps (Morrowind class/resource changes) that emotions are going to run high, driven by frustration. Things are going to get said. I certainly hope that the moderators take this into account, as much as I hope that the people who are driven by "temporary insanity" over all of this realize it and stop to take a breath, or two.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    First it was the champion point cap. Then it was the cash shop. Then there was a pay wall. Then they made cp useless. On top of completely broken content. [snip] Mark my words morrowwind will kill the game. I'd say fix your game.. but there are already 500 locked thread saying that. You can't just ignore the issues and they go away. The players notice. And most of us who have half a brain are fed up [snip]. You're [snip] completely out of touch with your players. Instead of fixing content that has been broken for 3 YEARS you keep pumping out cash shop items. And putting in a paywall for a DLC? Really? [snip]

I disagree, the game is still very well designed and interesting and I like most changes. Definitely game is not ruined, you exaggerate. I feel they work hard on ESO, definitely harder than other developers. They just cannot satisfy everyone.
    And the lore will defend itself no matter the changes. We just need to be flexible and learn to adapt to ever changing environment.

You think housing is a result of hard work? Let's compare with other developers then. Homestead is badly designed buildings that were already in the game with minimal functionality created by a AAA developer team we basically got an editor, crafting stations and training dummies. Hello Games is a tiny indy developer that made base building so you can create a base using modules and building parts in No Man's Sky, probably a team of around 8 people worked on it. It has storage, functional windows, functional doors, farming, NPC's that give quests, trade terminals, containers that give resources, landing pads that NPC ships will land on so you can trade with them, space freighters you can also build a second base on.... And all of this was never supposed to be in the game so wasn't worked on for a long time. Homestead is pathetic by comparison. And to top it off the NMS update was completely free, they don't even have any sort of cash shop.
    The reason NMS had base building was because they listened to the players. ESO used statistics to see how many people had max bank space as an excuse to not include storage with Homestead. They didn't even make max bank space more affordable in game to deal with the complaints, they put more space behind a pay wall with the subscription instead.
    I want to play ESO because it's a good game, but ZOS make very bad decisions when it comes to the direction the game is taking in my opinion and I will speak on it because I want what's best for both the game and the players.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maff wrote: »
    You think housing is a result of hard work? Let's compare with other developers then. Homestead is badly designed buildings that were already in the game with minimal functionality created by a AAA developer team we basically got an editor, crafting stations and training dummies. Hello Games is a tiny indy developer that made base building so you can create a base using modules and building parts in No Man's Sky, probably a team of around 8 people worked on it. It has storage, functional windows, functional doors, farming, NPC's that give quests, trade terminals, containers that give resources, landing pads that NPC ships will land on so you can trade with them, space freighters you can also build a second base on.... And all of this was never supposed to be in the game so wasn't worked on for a long time. Homestead is pathetic by comparison. And to top it off the NMS update was completely free, they don't even have any sort of cash shop.
    The reason NMS had base building was because they listened to the players. ESO used statistics to see how many people had max bank space as an excuse to not include storage with Homestead. They didn't even make max bank space more affordable in game to deal with the complaints, they put more space behind a pay wall with the subscription instead.
    I want to play ESO because it's a good game, but ZOS make very bad decisions when it comes to the direction the game is taking in my opinion and I will speak on it because I want what's best for both the game and the players.

Yeah, Homestead was the result of hard work. It was just not the result of enough hard work, in my opinion. They built quite a bit to even be able to do Homestead. Sadly, it looks like they ran out of budget before they were really able to realize a good Version 1 potential.

I would imagine the possibility that the team that worked on the housing part of Homestead was not much larger than 8 people, and they did it over a span of probably a few months. They did not have a large team assigned to it that could create all new and unique models for the houses, but they did have a team assigned that could carve out a place in the world for these existing models to be placed and to create separate world spaces for the houses. They did not add many system features to the houses that people would expect, like storage, gardens, animated pets and mounts, the ability to see people outside of the Home, but they did add a way to allow people to visit the house and created a brand new system to allow people to place items in those houses.

So, yeah, I think that hard work went into it. I also think they stopped before it was done.
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, Homestead was the result of hard work. It was just not the result of enough hard work, in my opinion. They built quite a bit to even be able to do Homestead. Sadly, it looks like they ran out of budget before they were really able to realize a good Version 1 potential.

I would imagine the possibility that the team that worked on the housing part of Homestead was not much larger than 8 people, and they did it over a span of probably a few months. They did not have a large team assigned to it that could create all new and unique models for the houses, but they did have a team assigned that could carve out a place in the world for these existing models to be placed and to create separate world spaces for the houses. They did not add many system features to the houses that people would expect, like storage, gardens, animated pets and mounts, the ability to see people outside of the Home, but they did add a way to allow people to visit the house and created a brand new system to allow people to place items in those houses.

So, yeah, I think that hard work went into it. I also think they stopped before it was done.

I'm not criticising the work of the people who did Homestead, but if it was just 8 people who worked on it then there's the problem. ZOS rakes in cash from crown store and subs and did as little as possible to give us housing despite the huge amount of player interest. And what we did get was basically a push to spend even more money in the crown store because I have the option of doing hours of quests I won't enjoy to be able to buy a house I like with a lot of in game gold or pay real money. And it was my disappointment with Homestead, among other low effort/max profit things before that, that made me stop spending with ZOS completely.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sort of amazed that the thread isn't locked yet, but anyway. All MMOs make changes. Either you learn to adapt with the changes or you find another game to play. That is the only solution to the OP problem, no QQing needed.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so you're saying that anyone that doesn't agree with your emo rant, is unintelligent.

Nice.

I like the changes, the players in my very large guild either like the changes or have a optimistic wait and see attitude, everyone I talked to at PAX and the year before at Quakecon has a positive outlook....so how is ZoS out of touch?

The only thing you have right is you have been crying for three years about something.

If this game makes you this upset perhaps you should go find something to make you happy, life is too short to have a stroke over a game patch.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not criticising the work of the people who did Homestead, but if it was just 8 people who worked on it then there's the problem. ZOS rakes in cash from crown store and subs and did as little as possible to give us housing despite the huge amount of player interest. And what we did get was basically a push to spend even more money in the crown store because I have the option of doing hours of quests I won't enjoy to be able to buy a house I like with a lot of in game gold or pay real money. And it was my disappointment with Homestead, among other low effort/max profit things before that, that made me stop spending with ZOS completely.

I have no idea what the actual number of people actually working on Homestead total up to. I figure that it is close to 8, but I have no proof and nothing to point to. Of course, I am not counting "leadership", as these people don't actually do any work. :smile: I am talking system programmers, artists, animators, and people like that.

ZOS is not a huge studio. I think they are around 300 people, and that is everyone. My impression is that Firor runs a very lean studio, which I generally approve of.

The studio is never working on any one thing, so lots of people are working on different projects at the same time. For example, over the last year there were people missing. They were not rolling out enough stuff to match the size of the studio. I actually wondered whether they had a stealth layoff. We now know that Morrowind has consumed and hidden some of that resource.

So, while they were doing One Tamriel and Homestead, they were also working on Vvardenfell, Battlegrounds, new Delves and Dungeons, a Trial, a new Class, and changes to resources. That is a significant draw, and it helps to explain Homestead. It does not forgive them for not actually rolling out a decent Homestead v1.0, but it certainly sheds light on it.

Now, I will agree that they certainly look like they need more staff for what they are trying to accomplish. They need GMs for ToS enforcement. They need people to help them go just a little further in what they are doing so that the stuff they release feels better at initial release. In part, I think they are too ambitious for the resources they have. I would prefer they add resources than be less ambitious. While I have zero insight into their financials, I would hope they could afford to do that.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quake89 wrote: »

BS right there.. Some players AGREE with you.. But that don't make your words truth.. People seem to always get that part wrong.. That you are not satisfied, does not mean something is broken.. It just mean that you have not found a way to get past it

Go into any trial and come back to me. Broken.

Fully agree the game is unplayable on Xbox and trials have been broken or unusually laggy since before Christmas especially MOL and VHRC however I switched to PC and have had no issues trials are smooth no issues whats so ever it's really a enjoyable game on pc.

That being said if you play it on Xbox then the game is a struggle to enjoy with it's ongoing performance problems and it is something ZOS should look to address considering the amount of the playerbase on consoles.

And we all miss you on console. But most of us who either run the big guilds or enjoy raiding or even pvp are simply either waiting for another game to come out or are moving to pc entirely. I personally am waiting for Dark and Light maybe AoC but AoC is a long way off.
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    I have something really important to share about the changes [snip] And that's why [snip] So you can understand [snip] but [snip] so I hope that helps.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.

No. And thank god you cant silence us. Learn to handle a opinion being voiced, mister dictator.
  • LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I can't even count on anyone's input on the forums. 95% of forum posters are zerglings in Cyrodiil who cannot solo a resource or beat VMA. So they haven't put their builds to the limits.
    Edited by LuminaLilly on May 6, 2017 8:41PM
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.

No. And thank god you cant silence us. Learn to handle a opinion being voiced, mister dictator.

lol mr revolutionary over here manufacturing some fake oppression from the statement of someone that just thinks it's ridiculous to have tons and tons of threads like this.

I don't think it's ridiculous personally. People are passionate about the game and should definitely voice their opinions. I just found it funny how you tried to make him out to be a villain just because you're personally angry/frustrated about the situation.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with most except for,

a paywall for DLC? Are "expansions" usually free on other games? All the DLC currently in the game is behind a pay wall anyway. So whats the problem with paying for morrowind? Granted it doesn't come with Eso + like other DLC but this isn't DLC, it's an expansion.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266