The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZENIMAX you ruined the game congratulations.

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without diminishing the OP's assessment of the game.

The game will not die with Morrowinf, it will not die this year, and it will not die next year.

If you want to make points about things that need to be or should be fixed make your case but your no more a game prohetvthen rhe group of people who said the destro ult was useless and the 2 H Ultimate would
    Break the game.
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on. No one knows when a game is going to die if one ever does. But I'm sure WoW didn't release a few runs of bad expansions with the express purpose of cutting their subscribers to less than half either. Some think Morrowind is this game's WoD (though I thought MoP was bad and it was my last). Doesn't mean people won't still be playing it. Heck, I might still be playing it. I might not. You might not. Surely we're all open to other things having the possibility of reclaiming or sparking our interest. But if I log into the game next week and its boring and frustrating, I will find something else.

I afraid that's probably what my old characters will be so I plan to create and play a warden all the way through so if things suck, its the warden that sucks. Maybe my the time I finish the DLC, they'll have hotfixed (he heh ha ha HA HAH...), so maybe they will have fixed the things they break.

I also am thinking about trying this Witcher 3 since I keep hearing so much about...
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet 1 to 2 that Morrowind will become a breaking point for ESO.

My predictions:

1) Battlegrounds will become elites vs casuals fights, where eventually casuals will be deminishing as it happened in Imperial City.

2) Broken Group Finder will stay as it is, there will be bugs exchange, like fix one bring in 2 new ones.

3) Battlegrounds leaderboards will be unfair to support roles. Elites will choose to play 4 independent DD's instead of a team of attack+support.

4) Groups of destro staff ultimates in battlegrounds. "Nerf it" threads on forums.

5) Activity Finder for battlegrounds will be bugged as hell.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »

My predictions:

1) Battlegrounds will become elites vs casuals fights, where eventually casuals will be deminishing as it happened in Imperial City.

2) Broken Group Finder will stay as it is, there will be bugs exchange, like fix one bring in 2 new ones.

3) Battlegrounds leaderboards will be unfair to support roles. Elites will choose to play 4 independent DD's instead of a team of attack+support.

4) Groups of destro staff ultimates in battlegrounds. "Nerf it" threads on forums.

1, 3. Unlike with Imperial City, it is possible to do Battlegrounds with just friends and guild mates. This means no soul sucking (sorry, Tel Var sucking) gankers around. It also seems to fit how ZOS has positioned Battlegrounds.

2, 5. The answer to broken group finder has always been to find a group upfront, by either grouping with friends or joining a guild that groups for content. I would prefer that they put their effort into Looking For Guild instead of Looking For Group, since this solves a number of other problems, like buying and selling equipment, getting play advice, and generally being social.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can lock the thread. But the fact remains that most players know I'm right. And those who don't know it yet, will find out the hard way.

BS right there.. Some players AGREE with you.. But that don't make your words truth.. People seem to always get that part wrong.. That you are not satisfied, does not mean something is broken.. It just mean that you have not found a way to get past it

The game is actually broken tho....thats not up for anyone to agree or disagree
    actual examples:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/bug-reports

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/xbox-one-technical-support

and...the dev tracker

Again, you lay it out as facts.. The game was broken, if we could not play AT ALL.. Some parts may be faulty atm, but that does not make a broken game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPC2Fp7IT7o[/flash]

Graydon wrote: »
    I had no idea MOST players are fed up.

Such insight..

Most players dont read the forums.

Having said that, when word of the sustain changes hit, more than a few people in endgame PVE guilds just left overnight. I couldn't give you an estimate, but really, think about something.

It's day one of the expnansion, bought it or not. You log on, try the content...and cant sustain for more than five seconds.

Would you continue playing? Probably not, if your casual, aspirant, or even a MMO veteran. The new guys will be hit the hardest. This will drive away people, so. Wait until opening day and watch the zone chat. It''ll be the best conesensus we can get.

Oh, and for bonus points, I wonder how many will be driven away when the only response to their questions of sustain by the brainwashed drones are 'adapt or uninstall'. Yeah most players are totally gonna wanna adapt in the face of such overwhelming toxicity and damn-near mindless hate toward anyone questioning the system.

Most players dont like it. Or, more accurately, most players wont like the practical upshot.

I actually think that newer players will take it a lot better, as they have not yet developed habits, and ideas of how it should work..

Stop saying most players.. You have no idea about that.. You have guesses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEhSk71gUCQ[/flash]
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on May 18, 2017 5:17PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been the most controversial, dividing, inconsistent, and unwanted patch in the last 3 years. More people will leave... Last night at game stop I heard a sales rep talking about the negativity with the upcoming changes..Word of mouth goes a long way.... This change was not vetted or wanted by the players on the test server...

Going against the customer wishes is a horrid business model... Change is always hard to impliment but to much change is almost impossible to impliment without negative side effects...

Edited by Durham on May 18, 2017 5:16PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can lock the thread. But the fact remains that most players know I'm right. And those who don't know it yet, will find out the hard way.

So when is your game coming out?

Most players do NOT believe that you are right.

Cut the fan boy crap out. When is my game coming out? Here it is: http://www.playdnl.com

I can't even click on the button to watch the trailer.. your game is not off to a good start sir.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »

My predictions:

this is so on point, you should be allowed to change yer username to NOSTRODAMUS! :)
  • necronomniconb14_ESO
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Without diminishing the OP's assessment of the game.

The game will not die with Morrowinf, it will not die this year, and it will not die next year.

If you want to make points about things that need to be or should be fixed make your case but your no more a game prohetvthen rhe group of people who said the destro ult was useless and the 2 H Ultimate would
    Break the game.

I feel as if I developed autism after attempting to read that.

Tera has similar combat, and open world pvp. that is toggled (iirc at least depending on the type of server). And it looks very pretty once you can learn to tolerate the 'type' of pretty that it is. There is one option for PC users, among the multitude that we have. An option for Playstation 4 users immediately is Final Fantasy 14 indefinite (up to level 35 on every class, no time limit) free trial and it's own expansion, Stormblood, also coming out in June. Neverwinter is an option for both Xbone & PS4 users. I was personally disgusted with the launch of NW, and the failure to wipe the servers, I heard the game has changed immensely since then and though the PC servers were destined to have controlled and borked economies if the console servers are segregated those should be fine.

The game has a good chance of slowly wearing itself down with the cancer that has developed behind the scenes. Some cancers show little symptoms before it's too late and then they grow rapidly until eventual death. Some cancers have symptoms you can spot but some people tend to ignore. Such as the rng cashboxes. And the 80 to 120$ (USD) homes that are nothing compared to free player mods and even stock homes or Oblivion playerhome DLC. The tumors begin to rapidly double in size on a frequent basis when ignored, and become things such as spending the first week or two of a new dlc (called expansion incorrectly assumed but admittedly unsure until it is seen and sized up) farming gear base don rng both on the likelihood of a slot dropping and then the stat being one or two of the only non-turd stats in the game for gear.

Then you have to respec, probably 3 or 4 times until you settle on something so even with one free respec you still end up paying for at least once more by the end of it all. You have to shop for gear spending hours running all over hell and creation, and either coming up with nothing you searched in the end of it all or paying way more than it is worth to the equivalent of scalpers simply to not have wasted your time coming out of with nothing to show for it. Where in games with an Auction or market system that is either regional or server based you can spend anywhere from under a minute to no more than typically 5 minutes or so getting everything you need. After all of that is finished, you may possibly be able to enjoy the 10 hours or so of the new quests and story in marrowind. or you can put that work into preparing for Stormblood, Final fantasy 14, which some like myself have done instead.

The game may die a perceivably quick death, or it may be a slow cancer that will eventually choke out it's population over time if the early symptoms are ignored. Either way, the Only thing this game had going for it beside TES tag (which was not good enough at launch) was it's fast paced combat. Everything else about the game is either monotonous (buying/selling using an lazy and outdated 'system' that I'm reluctant to even refer to as a system) or done better in the modded and even unmodded single player games. Their candy crush microtransaction-consuming casual base will leave if they make the game a pita for them to play.

I don't know how intelligent the average casual player of this game is, but they have to be able to realize the single player games will both be more short-session and combat friendly as well as cheaper on top of being moddable. When i first played Oblivion, it was on xbox and I was on mic chat with a guy who was also playing it. So 'being social' is not an excuse to be an idgit and throw more more into a lesser experience. Unless our society truly is full of mindless consumer zombies like some say.

Inb4 ban for not shilling marrowind
    Durham wrote: »
    This has been the most controversial, dividing, inconsistent, and unwanted patch in the last 3 years. More people will leave... Last night at game stop I heard a sales rep talking about the negativity with the upcoming changes..Word of mouth goes a long way.... This change was not vetted or wanted by the players on the test server...

Going against the customer wishes is a horrid business model... Change is always hard to impliment but to much change is almost impossible to impliment without negative side effects...

While some are being/have been banned or suspended on the official forums while willing fanboys and some shills have been attempting to ridicule and shame anyone not conforming to the idea of "change is good, even when it's bad for you" people are still discussing it elsewhere and while many prefer to wait and see for themselves it has turned many away from even wanting to make the effort and I can't blame them when all the game had going for itself was it's fast-paced combat from my personal perspective. While not allowed too thickly here, and perhaps on reddit (I avoid reddit usually and expect it to be censored there depending on mods) people still express their disdain elsewhere.

There is just less bitterness as most of came to accept the death of the remaining fun in the game and the fact the devs are stubborn and unskilled in balance areas. So there isn't much point in flaming it any more we just moved on to other games and refuse to buy morrowind.

The NDA was the last nail in the coffin for myself, I no longer have an ounce of trust for them after the rng cashboxees, up to 120$ (in USD) dlc in the homes and now attempting to censorr information about the most important patch in the game's entire history. More important than one tamriel, since the game will become intolerable for some current players when you make the combat as slow and unfun as buying and sell is tedious and time-consuming. There will be no reason to play eso any longer.

A moral lesson to be learned here is to be cautious of anyone or any agency trying to shove the promise of change you disagree with down your throat while their fanboys and cronies attempt to guilt or shame you into eventually accepting it or withholding your opinions about it.
    Edited by necronomniconb14_ESO on May 18, 2017 6:47PM
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insandros wrote: »
    Here we go again. :)

Sooo....... can i get all your gold and crafting materials before you quit the game? :)

(EDITED) oops, i forgot the magic word, « please ». :)

You don't have the inventory space for that.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People Don't ask him for is gold and crafting mats.I was there when he announce he was leaving I was probably one of the first people to ask for his stuff he Gave it away to low levels and his guilds.

Totally unfair but @ComboBreaker88 always treated me wrong :(
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    People Don't ask him for is gold and crafting mats.I was there when he announce he was leaving I was probably one of the first people to ask for his stuff he Gave it away to low levels and his guilds.

Totally unfair but @ComboBreaker88 always treated me wrong :(

I gave away a ton of gold and items I gave most of it to the players who helped run my Guilds. I gave some of it away. And the rest I left in the guilds banks when I handed to crowns over to the new leaders I found to replace me. I did keep enough to start over if the game ever improves. But I honestly don't see it. It sucks. I wish I could buy the game from ZOS. But as it stands they are making drastic mistake after mistake. They only thing they have going for them is the lore and their art team. Everyone else can and should be replaced.
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    PVP was ass since IC was released. Just revert it back to that state.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volrion wrote: »

On the contrary, my friend. If you look at the amount of people who had played and LEFT ESO vs the players who are still here, the numbers would favor those who quit by a great margin.

Perhaps, though I am skeptical. But, the number of new players will likely skyrocket with Morrowind launch.

From my experience in live and my guilds I am not seeing a big drop. Bottom line is we won't know unless ZOS changes policy and starts releasing data about active users.

I believe they have sold over 7 million copies of the game.

I'm not sure what the active player base is these days, but I do recall every single town being crowded and all PVP campaigns permanently pop-locked back in the glory days on PS4 NA.

These days we're lucky to have one campaign pop locked for all three factions, and even the central hubs like Mournhold and Belkarth are almost empty compared to what they once were. I mean, were down to only 4 PVP campaigns as of next week!

From my own experience, just about all of my friends who have left, did so because of performance issues/bugs or game changing decisions long before they had a chance to get bored of the game.

I agree that Morrowind will bump it up, but we will never see the populations peak again like they once did.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be playing ESO after Morrowind drops.

Why? Well, because I seem to be a rare duck in the sense that I'm going to experiment with the changes to see how they affect the game. After figuring that out, I'll make adjustments if necessary and go from there.

It's a pretty simple plan, I think. One any level-headed adult would enact.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • M0bi
    M0bi
    ✭✭✭
    This is my 100th comment on the forums since February 2014 :/
    FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? I have to disagree there. I've played more MMO's, FPS, ARPG's in the last 20 years than I care to admit. Many of those games were not money well spent. ESO has, in ALL of the games and I mean all of them, the least amount of patches released to fix bugs. Look at GGG for a prime example of being on top of your bug fixing game. They often have 3-4 patches a week to fix the most minor of bugs. ESO here has bugs left over from a year ago and some new ones that, from any sane dev team, would be considered class A severity/non progression bugs.

Similar to you, I have been around the block with a lot of MMOs and other games. However, I wanted to point out that SWTOR is a game where bugs still exist since launch that are not fixed five years later. So not every company does better.

My experience with MMOs has been that most companies will address game "breaking" bugs or exploits fairly quickly. Others will get patched over time as content patches are implemented. Has been the same for every MMO, from every company, I have played in the MMO space for more than a decade. At least from my experience.

• Vasoka
    Vasoka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not this idiotic *** again.

The game is fine as it is, every MMORPG in the history has gone through complete game alterations. Just like WoW's talent system was remade completely at least 3 times since Vanilla if I remember correctly and all the classes were changed almost every major patch, let alone an xpac.

GW2s classes were all changed several times even before the HoT xpac as far as I remember, the additions of the mastery points is another notable change.

I seriously think the TES "community" literally has no idea how actual MMOs work and simply expected an online version of Skyrim.

Please.

And no, the population is not dwindling in any way. This is typical forum nonsense for every MMO, just go to wow-euorpe's forums and you'll see like 10 threads about the game being "dead" and "empty". You see less people in the hubs because of the sharding of the megaserver, it's as simple as that.

Just a single dolmen run of Alik'r shows me 100+ players on one spot at prime time.
    Edited by Vasoka on May 19, 2017 7:48AM
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should probably get ridd of the cp system alltogether or turn it in something that adds/unlocks emotes, costumes etc...

One thing I like about CP is the account-wide aspect of earning them (I can't wait for the day when an MMO does this for achievements as well). That being said, I think SWTOR actually does the account-wide thing better with the legacy system - allowing you to unlock perks that apply across your whole account. If ZoS does replace the CP system, something along the line of the legacy system in SWTOR would be better.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bye
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game has bugs, ppl can't deny this at all.
    Things are broken everywhere you go.
    Each patch/DLC brings more to the table.
    They fix some but leave the rest for us to deal with.

Morrowind has problems in the test server. The F'n test server! They can't even fix the game in a test server what makes you think they are going to fix the problems on the live server?
    Believe me when I say Morrowind will have plenty of bugs.
    Will they get fixed? I don't know lets ask the players who run MaL/vMaL if they still have disconnects during their rums.
    Even though ZoS said nothing was wrong with it and they don't see the problem.
    Well not until they actually played their game. Then and only then did they believe the community of their short comings in writing code.

Cyrodill still is a crap shoot.
    Will it work today?
    Somebody share a quest cause I'm stuck in a looping load screen

As for the CP changes and the cost reductions, I have been playing since week one of PS4 drop. We had it ruff then. Vet 12 was cap. CP numbers were small. sustain was non-existent then.
    The best glyph for your weapons was stam or magica steal not weapon/spell power.
    Jewelry glyphs were cost reduction on meck and weapon/spell power on rings.
    Lich was BiS for healers.
    Yet we still ran vSO and vDSA without problems.
    If your a 2+ year vet of this game the sustain should not bother you.
    If it bothers you go follow that Deltia guy and have a funeral for your toon.

In short: since the Homestead/Bug release I have not seen one fix come to light.
    Morrowind will bring more, might fix some but Something Wicked Buggy This Way Comes
    New players welcome to what we OG players had to deal with from the beginning in terms of sustain.

Have a nice day
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the contrary, my friend. If you look at the amount of people who had played and LEFT ESO vs the players who are still here, the numbers would favor those who quit by a great margin.

Perhaps, though I am skeptical. But, the number of new players will likely skyrocket with Morrowind launch.

From my experience in live and my guilds I am not seeing a big drop. Bottom line is we won't know unless ZOS changes policy and starts releasing data about active users.

I'm not sure what the active player base is these days, but I do recall every single town being crowded and all PVP campaigns permanently pop-locked back in the glory days on PS4 NA.

These days we're lucky to have one campaign pop locked for all three factions, and even the central hubs like Mournhold and Belkarth are almost empty compared to what they once were. I mean, were down to only 4 PVP campaigns as of next week!

From my own experience, just about all of my friends who have left, did so because of performance issues/bugs or game changing decisions long before they had a chance to get bored of the game.

I agree that Morrowind will bump it up, but we will never see the populations peak again like they once did.

I play on PC NA and my experience is very different. The populations in pve areas are high, especially in hubs. I don't do much PVP. Even one of the guilds that started at launch and got inactive is coming back to life. For me, 1T brought life back to the game.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »
    KaiVox22 wrote: »

Or most players just don't let a video game rule their life and emotions o:)

It didn't ruin my life. But it has definitely been a big disappointment.

Then walk away if you're not satisfied :p just don't make a goodbye thread about it

I didn't say goodbye. I said I was fed up. There is a difference.

Lololololol. I'm so missed, I'm gonna do nothing, just cry about it to people that not only don't care, but think I'm a huge joke of a baby.

What was your point here? Did you think to yourself "this post will get ZoS to change something." You aren't quitting, you say this hasn't ruined your life, but we all clearly see at least your day has been so, otherwise you wouldn't have made a post. No one wants to hear this crap over and over. We know some people don't like the changes. Get used to them, or walk away, we don't need to hear about it.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭

I play on PC NA and my experience is very different. The populations in pve areas are high, especially in hubs. I don't do much PVP. Even one of the guilds that started at launch and got inactive is coming back to life. For me, 1T brought life back to the game.

When did you start playing?

Have you seen the famous Angry Joe Cyrodiil video? Population has definitely diminished.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When did you start playing?

Have you seen the famous Angry Joe Cyrodiil video? Population has definitely diminished.

I started with the closed beta before launch. I took about a year break and returned must before 1T launched. Again, I don't go into Cyrodill much.

Bottom line is really only ZOS can say for sure about populations. As far as we know they could have adjusted numbers for each zone instance. But, my experience is that the game feels healthy. I am enjoying it and will play as long as I do.

If that changes like it did before I will stop playing. I stopped before because I was out leveling the quests. 1T solved that for me.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't rate the game based on Cyrodiil PVP. For two years now, I have considered this game to be primarily a PVE game that includes a "hobby" PVP. The bulk of the serious PVP players left back in 2014, once they realized that there was nothing here for them. I expect that any serious PVP players that have come along since then will eventually leave, too. ZOS is just not developing PVP to be a mainstay of this game. With Battlegrounds, they seem to be content to leave it as a hobby.

So, Campaign population is not a bellwether for the rest of the game. The game can be selling a hundred thousand copies a month, every month, and the Campaign populations could still be declining.

I am actually surprised that Wheeler has stuck around this long. If he is really interested in PVP game design, there are better games entering development than what I think that ESO can offer. Not that I want him to leave.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus