Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZENIMAX you ruined the game congratulations.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I can...I will add this...

If all combat was light, medium and heavy attack based.......or better said, TES based combat....then all of this mess would've been avoided. ZeniMax doesn't seem to comprehend that TES had a certain type of combat and changed it overtime which made it the game ppl love...so much so ppl purchased SKyrim again.

See, the issue is ZeniMax wants to have an MMO, but they purchased the rights for TES and so they are upsetting TES series and ideas and so it seems a lot more simple to actually make TES online instead of ESO

85dc1ee5ea1d6a50d583976bab11facc.jpg
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't use single player combat in an mmo unfortunately
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you continue playing? Probably not, if your casual, aspirant, or even a MMO veteran. The new guys will be hit the hardest. This will drive away people, so. Wait until opening day and watch the zone chat. It''ll be the best conesensus we can get.

This statement is something that bugs me a lot. I can certainly see changes causing problems in the veteran area, and people who are already pushing the best that they can do. These are the areas that ZOS needs to take a close look at.

However, I don't think that new guys are going to be hardest hit. New guys are not playing the content that is really going to feel the impact. New guys are doing delves, dolmens, overland monsters, and quest areas. They don't need fancy rotations, and don't have access to top of the line gear and food. New guys can do great things with 5k DPS. They are already dealing with chronic resource problems because they don't have what it takes to maintain them, yet. They are always running out of resource. It is part of being a new guy. You learn how to manage. You get good at worrying about resource management long before you are able to build your character so you don't have to.

So, I don't worry about the new guy. Not only do I think they will be fine, but I think they will develop combat skills that many of the current players simply don't have.

I worry about the people who are pushing the boundaries of their own personal player skills. I worry about the players who have been in the game for a while that can barely manage to live through a delve or dungeon, or who die frequently when doing world bosses and group dungeons. Maybe they can't crack MA, or some trial, no matter how hard they try. These people can be found across the whole game. They are at their level of incompetence, and can become dependent upon others to perform at the level that they are at. They are the ones that are going to be hardest hit, especially if the people they are dependent on cannot support them as easily. ZOS needs to see if there is something they can do for these players, if not directly, then indirectly through the people they are dependent upon.

And I think they'll quit why they're ahed. Dont matter much, we'll see how many get told to adapt, are not told how, and leave in short order on opening day.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whenever I see someone say the new players will be screwed it always reminds me of "campaigners" that exclaim "think of the children!" to try to push their agenda. In MMOs it's always "but, but new players". Pffft, like you guys care about newbs. They way they're always shunned because they need to "get gud" and "L2P" and kicked from dungeons on load. So don't go there. But new players. Give me a break. It's a disnegenous way to push your agenda.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First it was the champion point cap. Then it was the cash shop. Then there was a pay wall. Then they made cp useless. On top of completely broken content. [snip] Mark my words morrowwind will kill the game. I'd say fix your game.. but there are already 500 locked thread saying that. You can't just ignore the issues and they go away. The players notice. And most of us who have half a brain are fed up [snip]. You're [snip] completely out of touch with your players. Instead of fixing content that has been broken for 3 YEARS you keep pumping out cash shop items. And putting in a paywall for a DLC? Really? [snip]

[Edit to remove bashing.]

nope :)

if you are on pc eu, can I pls have your stuff?
    @altemriel

thank you!!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Daemons_Bane

We have it now so obviously MMO servers can handle different types of real time combat.

The actual server issues are the many calculations from MMO-like combat and not issues with basic combat.

We have light, medium and heavy attacks today and we have simple spell casts today. All that's needed to adjust / remove those MMO-like features added to the combat

Also other MMO server games have different combat types so it's not a MMO server limitation, it's a developer design decision in today's games.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 5, 2017 8:32PM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Daemons_Bane

We have it now so obviously MMO servers can handle different types of real time combat.

What part of ESO's combat system do you see as singpleplayer combat??
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Priceless !!
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can lock the thread. But the fact remains that most players know I'm right. And those who don't know it yet, will find out the hard way.

Bye
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    At this point why have a CP cap anymore ?
    PS4 NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Daemons_Bane

Weapon attacks
    Templar class skills
    Sorc class dps
    Nightblade class attacks

A lot of the basic is TES however they add in different effects limits and benefits and bundle in sets or CP and group bonuses which creates this MMO-like piece.

So if we removed half of the class skills and allowed skills to be learned and unlocked like TES with race limits and removed all classes it works.

Then you seperate effects in PvP from PvE and that simplifies so much that they're equating time on each update.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Daemons_Bane

Weapon attacks
    Templar class skills
    Sorc class dps
    Nightblade class attacks

A lot of the basic is TES however they add in different effects limits and benefits and bundle in sets or CP and group bonuses which creates this MMO-like piece.

So if we removed half of the class skills and allowed skills to be learned and unlocked like TES with race limits and removed all classes it works.

Then you seperate effects in PvP from PvE and that simplifies so much that they're equating time on each update.

Then you and I have a very different view on what's singleplayer I guess.. I my world, there is no skills to click in singleplayer.. You have to aim and direct the attack yourself.. No snotty autoaim to do it for you.. I would not say that the attacks and abilities in this game has anything to do with "classic" TES
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on May 5, 2017 8:51PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people don't agree with you.
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you try it on PTS?

I have not found any problems with sustain yet..... but then I play on Azura and I am used to watching my levels with an eagle eye.

I think people play a lot (me) and get a bit burnt out (me, again) and many many people are looking forward to the new chapter (me). So no, you are not right. Don't put your opinions in my mouth.

Maybe you just need a break?
    Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Daemons_Bane

Weapon attacks
    Templar class skills
    Sorc class dps
    Nightblade class attacks

Then you and I have a very different view on what's singleplayer I guess.. I my world, there is no skills to click in singleplayer.. You have to aim and direct the attack yourself.. No snotty autoaim to do it for you.. I would not say that the attacks and abilities in this game has anything to do with "classic" TES

@Daemons_Bane

Have you played TES - Morrowind to Skyrim?

Class skills for ranged dps are at their base like Oblivion, Morrowind and Skyrim

Melee is mostly Skyrim so remove weapon skills and passives as well as class skills and passives but keep the DD, DoT and HoT....it's very much in line with h the base of those games.

Targeting and how ranged spells may or may not hit or travel depend upon the set up so like Morrowind or Oblivion it can be target, ranged and aoe or combinations of many
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 5, 2017 9:31PM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have played every single TES game yet launched.. And to me, in those games you gained perks, not skills.. To me skills are something you activate.. So that's why I guess we just see it differently
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I think a lot of people don't agree with you.

Thats because many of the others who agree have already quit the game. The only thing left on the forums are Fanbois who White Knight everything ZOS does.

There is a reason ZOS is know for the No ETA meme. They will flat out say we know there is a problem and we don't intend to fix it at this time and people will defend them. Because it's Elders Scrolls. They are riding on the lore alone and letting everything else go unattended. If we wanted just lore we'd buy a book.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was playing eso yesterday. Suddenly I caught the cancer and my life was ruined because I heard they were changing more things related to combat in future.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    I was playing eso yesterday. Suddenly I caught the cancer and my life was ruined because I heard they were changing more things related to combat in future.

The word you were looking for is "hysteria", not "cancer". It is easily cured by going back and playing the game. The only thing you need to delete is the bookmark for the forums. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First it was the champion point cap. Then it was the cash shop. Then there was a pay wall. Then they made cp useless. On top of completely broken content. [snip] Mark my words morrowwind will kill the game. I'd say fix your game.. but there are already 500 locked thread saying that. You can't just ignore the issues and they go away. The players notice. And most of us who have half a brain are fed up [snip]. You're [snip] completely out of touch with your players. Instead of fixing content that has been broken for 3 YEARS you keep pumping out cash shop items. And putting in a paywall for a DLC? Really? [snip]

Those of us with a whole brain aren't overreacting.

"Pay wall"? Stop trying to make scary terms make your arguments for you.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I love TES games, but no thanks on the combat.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on May 5, 2017 10:55PM
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uninstalling the game but continuing in the forums is like getting divorced and stalking your ex.
    Nope, it's more like a trial separation from someone you used to love but has now had a complete change of personality and doesn't care if it hurts you. You keep watching from a distance hoping they'll go back to being their old selves but it just hurts to much to actually interact with them anymore.
  • Capt_Morgan
    Capt_Morgan
    ✭✭✭
    Having said that, when word of the sustain changes hit, more than a few people in endgame PVE guilds just left overnight. I couldn't give you an estimate, but really, think about something.

What I think is that it sounds like an overreaction. Considering that the patch wouldn't be hitting for a couple months (at that point), and that there would be who-knows-what alterations based on the beta - immediately going "OMG NO!" and bailing seems a bit extreme.

Why not... wait and see what happens? Why not... check out the PTS to see if altered builds work and/or provide good feedback?

Just a thought. But, then, I don't tend to get really worked-up about games. Of course, I'm not a bleeding-edge-type "progression" player. /shrug

Because experience with past pts cycles dictates that what hits first PTS is, minus one or two small adjustments, what we'll be stuck with for the next six months.
    MagBlade main since early Access. Long live the warlock.
    PC/NA
    @CAPT_Morgan
  • Jollygoodusername
    Jollygoodusername
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »

I disagree, the game is still very well designed and interesting and I like most changes. Definitely game is not ruined, you exaggerate. I feel they work hard on ESO, definitely harder than other developers. They just cannot satisfy everyone.
    And the lore will defend itself no matter the changes. We just need to be flexible and learn to adapt to ever changing environment.

What? I have to disagree there. I've played more MMO's, FPS, ARPG's in the last 20 years than I care to admit. Many of those games were not money well spent. ESO has, in ALL of the games and I mean all of them, the least amount of patches released to fix bugs. Look at GGG for a prime example of being on top of your bug fixing game. They often have 3-4 patches a week to fix the most minor of bugs. ESO here has bugs left over from a year ago and some new ones that, from any sane dev team, would be considered class A severity/non progression bugs.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »

I disagree, the game is still very well designed and interesting and I like most changes. Definitely game is not ruined, you exaggerate. I feel they work hard on ESO, definitely harder than other developers. They just cannot satisfy everyone.
    And the lore will defend itself no matter the changes. We just need to be flexible and learn to adapt to ever changing environment.

What? I have to disagree there. I've played more MMO's, FPS, ARPG's in the last 20 years than I care to admit. Many of those games were not money well spent. ESO has, in ALL of the games and I mean all of them, the least amount of patches released to fix bugs. Look at GGG for a prime example of being on top of your bug fixing game. They often have 3-4 patches a week to fix the most minor of bugs. ESO here has bugs left over from a year ago and some new ones that, from any sane dev team, would be considered class A severity/non progression bugs.

True. Malcom Baldridge, they are not.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 5, 2017 11:05PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I a bad person because I'd really like to see the *removed for bashing* sections?

Yes, things are broken (why do people try to argue that?). But for the most part, it currently is a fun game. I think if folks checked my early posts, you can see where I was a total fan boy. Just leave if you don't like it. But the rise in Crown Store prices started hitting me the wrong way. Then they did the unthinkable. They proposed touching one of my characters! Yep, changing my character really toasts my buns. I hate when game developers think that's okay. Is a new ability in a new expansion too powerful? Sure, adjust it. If I've been playing with an ability for over six months, come up with another idea.

The champion point system in my mind really should have never touched damage. Helping you do other things better but not increase your damage. That should come with your level so once you max out, you've maxxed out your damage and only gear can help you from then on out. But some games don't mind the power increase and just have the new expansion be tougher. But if there are no more levels, you can't increase power because we're all basically the same level. If you make the expansion areas tougher then it becomes unusable content.

As for the paywall of Morrowind, I understand it. I think they should have just been honest about it and not tried to say its not a DLC. Its a big DLC but its nowhere near and expansion of the game as I have come to know them (check out any WoW expansion or EverQuest even). There's just not enough there to basically charge existing customers the original price of the game itself (on average). That doesn't mean its a bad thing that they need (or even want) to charge more for it. Make it so its not purchasable by crowns because they need the actual money not already spent money. It was the dog and pony show of it being anything but a DLC. Dishonesty isn't an attractive virtue.

With all that happening in this small amount of time (I just returned after a couple months break last month), it seemed all hell was breaking loose. Still there's a lot for me to enjoy about the game. Not everyone, just me. I made some adjustments. I'm trying to do everything I want before doom hits (if it does). Trying to keep my opinion of the changes out there in the hopes someone reconsiders some things. And just not buy as much as I usually would. If everything continues to get worse (or actually gets worse, depending on you point of view), then its time to put the game aside. The enjoyment will be overtaken from the frustration. Thankfully there are other choices. I might really be mad if there were none. Or might finish that Skyrim game I've so much about.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why they are adding these heavy diminishing returns to CP. Like, now the only optimal way to use your cps is to max out some passives. After morrowind, the only optimal way will be to spend 50 in each strong one. I just don't understand what they were hoping to achieve? One viable build at the moment for CP, one viable build after Morrowind. Instead of adding cool passives that would make you use interesting builds to benefit from maxing out certain passives, now you just "max out" all of them by using your points in a sufficient amount that the diminishing returns don't hurt you.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should probably get ridd of the cp system alltogether or turn it in something that adds/unlocks emotes, costumes etc...
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... The only thing left on the forums are Fanbois who White Knight everything ZOS does.
    If what you say is true, then why are you here? Are you the one last holdout for the non-Fanboi brigade? Are you literally the only person on the forum who criticizes ZOS? Weird, 'cause I could have sworn I see people criticizing ZOS literally every single day. You must have many, many aliases on here. How many aliases do you have?

Edited by SydneyGrey on May 6, 2017 4:34AM
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can lock the thread. But the fact remains that most players know I'm right. And those who don't know it yet, will find out the hard way.

Tbh its a mmo they are always gonna keep finding ways to get money from customers who said you need every mount and costume in the game?

Morrowind 40$ is fair to me i can afford it the only problem i have with zenimax right now is that they are not allowing CP in battleground. That ticked me off the most out of anything zos has ever done .

Still hoping they add cp to bg but until then they aint seeing a dollar o:)

Best way to make a statement to game developers is by not spending nothing on the game and move on

Still cant believe we waited 3 years for a game mode that doesnt have the progression system in it that took us 3 years to achieve... pathetic
    Edited by Ihatenightblades on May 6, 2017 4:41AM