The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.0

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gomumon wrote: »
    This. People QQ'ing about their time investment. If you only play the game to feel your epeen grow via champ points then that's on you.

The entire reason to play an MMORPG is to feel a sense of growth and strength. Nobody grinds vMA 200 times because it's just that fun! RPGs have always separated themselves from other games with a very noticeable increase to your strength over time. With an MMO, it takes even LONGER to see those results. So for ZOS to turn around and basically diminish veteran's efforts to appease newbies and perpetuate this participation trophy culture deviates from what an MMO ought to be.

If people want to jump into a game and be on equal footing as everyone else, go play COD. If you want to grow and feel your character get stronger, find a different game... because everything's scaled to max level anyway, and you'll feel exactly the same after years as you did in your first weeks of playing. SMH.

Then why are you still around Stockholm Syndrome?

You'd rather have *** levels of power creep like other mmos where content gets trivialized to the point of nobody ever doing it and it not being relevant?
    That is the WHOLE upside to this game. Everything stays relevant, nothing is ever pointless. Go play WoW if you want to one-shot entire dungeons in 5 minutes.

It would probably be better to bring in content that the elites could complete in a day, the majority of players could complete within a week and the rest could complete not long after, that would be way more fun for everyone - except the people that now can't keep up with the current HM teams who are pulling the best scores even though they have the same power - Trivialized again, god damn these players who invest time into learning and growing that are better than me, they don't deserve it and it's not fair.

Seriously, because a couple of strong teams go in and complete the content within a month or so, everyone else is uninterested and playing victim? Nobody is stopping people going in, learning and clearing content(power creep inclusive), you know you don't have to get the best score, or do it as quickly. Are people who are running vMSA the first time planning on getting 600k scores? The fresh completions I've seen are happy enough that they've completed it and they're proud of it because it required effort and a bit of growth.

There's no competition because people aren't interested in the struggle of saving 10 seconds in MSA or 1k score in a trial for example, they're just not that interested in working as hard as the people on the leaderboards.

You told him to go play WoW if he wants to one-shot dungeons in 5 minutes XD
    I forgot ESO was a game for players that wanted to complete a dungeon for the first time in 2 hours and on the 100th completion still be doing it at the same speed. :D
    Edited by BNOC on April 19, 2017 6:59PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    Character level? Is this 1-50 or 1-630?
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do you always have to change everything at once, instead of changing one thing and see how it behaves in the general balancing?

And what's up with those dev comments? "It's a buff if your max resource is under 16k." That is nothing but a nerf, nobody has his main resource under 16k. So stop phrasing it like that and better tell us why you change it in the dev comments.

And what is bad about synergies being "near-mandatory" and classes being unique? Groupplay and diversity of roles is what makes PvE fun. Why should I even play Templar heal anymore if I don't have a single skill that makes it worth playing? If you remove all identity by giving everybody access to all skills and removing group support the next thing we will see is full DD groups outperforming proper groups with tanks and healers. Oh wait, we already have that four player dungeons. Good job.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ricam wrote: »
    Character level? Is this 1-50 or 1-630?

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to many drastic changes. For those of you who are sticking around have fun. I have no desire to adapt my characters to their upcoming changes. Sick and tired of doing that. Enough is enough. I seriously think ZOS does not understand what they are doing and the effect of the upcoming massive changes will have to veteran players who have time and time again had to adapt their play style and gear to ZOS's continual changes to abilities, passives and gear Now they are messing with the Champion Points. They are clearly ruining their game.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And also my condolences for every stamplar out there, except for your power of the light. That needs a defined nerf. The only way to counter that ability is to dodge roll it. Might as well be an ultimate, I've seen that ability hit for 13k.

@BillNye_Eso It's not dodgeable anymore.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magus wrote: »
    9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png

[*]Caltrops:
    • Multiple player characters can now stack this ability and its morphs in the same area and damage the same target.
    • Reduced the size of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 12 meters.
    • Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 12 seconds from 30 seconds.
    • Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.
    • Increased the damage of this ability and its morphs by approximately 75%.
      Developer Comments:
      The changes to Caltrops allow it to behave more like a standard ground-targeted damage over time ability, such as Lightning Splash or Volley. This will help improve Stamina builds’ sustained single target and area of effect damage in dungeons and Trials.
    [/list]

[/list]

Yeah there's a lot of nerfs going around but can live with most of it. However, this one buff cannot go to live as it is. Else you will see a 24 man group with 24 caltrops. If you thought snares were bad now... wait until everywhere you see is covered with caltrops. Overall, you need to move in the direction of less snares, not more snares. This will only encourage more snares. This damage does not need to stack. Seriously this will become the new spammable, ranged AOE DPS snare that every zerg will be using. 40 of these in a breach, if that's 2k per tick, then that's 80k DPS walking through a breach or standing on a flag.... it will be terrible.

I can't state strongly enough how much I agree with the above post and I question whether the reduced duration is enough. Large groups stacking these on chokepoints will be bad news for the game. I think you focused strictly on the PvE aspect and perhaps overlooked the PvP aspect?

As for the rest of the patch notes, almost infinite resources was a seriously imbalance and we all know it. All of us will have to make adjustments and a new class will have their day in the sun.

Edited by Sureshawt on April 19, 2017 8:04PM
  • masterbroodub17_ESO
    BNOC wrote: »
    This. People QQ'ing about their time investment. If you only play the game to feel your epeen grow via champ points then that's on you.

The entire reason to play an MMORPG is to feel a sense of growth and strength. Nobody grinds vMA 200 times because it's just that fun! RPGs have always separated themselves from other games with a very noticeable increase to your strength over time. With an MMO, it takes even LONGER to see those results. So for ZOS to turn around and basically diminish veteran's efforts to appease newbies and perpetuate this participation trophy culture deviates from what an MMO ought to be.

If people want to jump into a game and be on equal footing as everyone else, go play COD. If you want to grow and feel your character get stronger, find a different game... because everything's scaled to max level anyway, and you'll feel exactly the same after years as you did in your first weeks of playing. SMH.

You'd rather have *** levels of power creep like other mmos where content gets trivialized to the point of nobody ever doing it and it not being relevant?
    That is the WHOLE upside to this game. Everything stays relevant, nothing is ever pointless. Go play WoW if you want to one-shot entire dungeons in 5 minutes.

It would probably be better to bring in content that the elites could complete in a day, the majority of players could complete within a week and the rest could complete not long after, that would be way more fun for everyone - except the people that now can't keep up with the current HM teams who are pulling the best scores even though they have the same power - Trivialized again, god damn these players who invest time into learning and growing that are better than me, they don't deserve it and it's not fair.

Seriously, because a couple of strong teams go in and complete the content within a month or so, everyone else is uninterested and playing victim? Nobody is stopping people going in, learning and clearing content(power creep inclusive), you know you don't have to get the best score, or do it as quickly. Are people who are running vMSA the first time planning on getting 600k scores? The fresh completions I've seen are happy enough that they've completed it and they're proud of it because it required effort and a bit of growth.

There's no competition because people aren't interested in the struggle of saving 10 seconds in MSA or 1k score in a trial for example, they're just not that interested in working as hard as the people on the leaderboards.

I forgot ESO was a game for players that wanted to complete a dungeon for the first time in 2 hours and on the 100th completion still be doing it at the same speed. :D

I have no idea where your argument is supposed to begin or end. The only thing you replied to was the WoW comment. The rest was just rambling.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh I can't tell if zos is trolling us or if they went full ***. I'm leaning on full ***. these patch notes are a joke. How many times have we been asking for a balance between pve and pvp especially around CP. Either have separate CP for pve and pvp or bring back softcaps. Not this garbage ***.
  • ljb2k5_ESO
    ljb2k5_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Way to many drastic changes. For those of you who are sticking around have fun. I have no desire to adapt my characters to their upcoming changes. Sick and tired of doing that. Enough is enough. I seriously think ZOS does not understand what they are doing and the effect of the upcoming massive changes will have to veteran players who have time and time again had to adapt their play style and gear to ZOS's continual changes to abilities, passives and gear Now they are messing with the Champion Points. They are clearly ruining their game.

It would be one thing to have a complete overhaul revision once, and even that might lose you a ton of players. But to have one seemingly every half year is too much. It causes exhaustion to players having to re-adapt and rebuild just to get back to a semblance of what they had before. Also it makes the whole thing feel completely arbitrary, unrewarding, and pointless if it happens too many times. How many specifically is a question of player tolerance, but ZOS is pushing it for many of those who have stuck by them for some time from what I am seeing.
  • ljb2k5_ESO
    ljb2k5_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cubagaming wrote: »
    How about you listen to the members that have been playing the game non-stop.

Agreed. These current "fixes" seem more like frustration at being too inept to develop some long lasting and sustainable synergy and harmony between classes, sets, and races. They're cutting off their nose to spite their face. That, or it's really more of a ploy to herd everyone to a Warden meta until Morrowind sales plateau, after which they will fix everything again... making EVERYONE HAPPY. >.>

The marketing is contrary to the "bird in the hand worth more than two in the bush" idiom. That is, they're more concerned with drawing in new players who may, or may not, spend money more than once on this game than they are the customers who spend $14.99 a month on this game + Crowns whenever they can, who have made this game their home and would remain loyal as long as ZOS did.

All forms of entertainment can thrive forever on a cult following alone. Look at mediocre shows like Supernatural that show no signs of being cancelled after 13 seasons, despite not having the ratings they used to. Slow and steady wins the race.

I don't know. I'm not a marketing expert. Maybe their strategy will pay off in the end. Maybe the discussion behind these changes just isn't being communicated as clearly as it could be. But I stand firm that I personally don't feel like giving ZOS anymore money until they figure out who their audience is. And again, I wish they'd hire some devs from like a trading card game that successfully deals with balance on a huge scale... like Wizards of the Coast.

100% agree.
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There is no words to describe how glad i am that i didn't pre-order Morrowind. Prolly won't now. This game had too many U-turns regarding balance changes. I thought we are past that point now and i can play without fear that tommorow i'll need new gear and a respec. Apparently i was wrong. So...i'll see how things will play out but if things will stay the way they are now then i'll simply uninstall TESO. Too many drastic changes and i'm gonna bother rebuilding my toons from scratch.
  • Spaghettiknight
    The hiding certain skill lines is stupid too. It serves literally no purpose other than "discovery". It always made sense with guild skills, but apparently we don't know armor and weapons and crafting are things?
  • Spaghettiknight
    Sureshawt wrote: »
    Magus wrote: »
    9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png

[*]Caltrops:
    • Multiple player characters can now stack this ability and its morphs in the same area and damage the same target.
    • Reduced the size of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 12 meters.
    • Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 12 seconds from 30 seconds.
    • Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 50%.
    • Increased the damage of this ability and its morphs by approximately 75%.
      Developer Comments:
      The changes to Caltrops allow it to behave more like a standard ground-targeted damage over time ability, such as Lightning Splash or Volley. This will help improve Stamina builds’ sustained single target and area of effect damage in dungeons and Trials.
    [/list]

[/list]

Yeah there's a lot of nerfs going around but can live with most of it. However, this one buff cannot go to live as it is. Else you will see a 24 man group with 24 caltrops. If you thought snares were bad now... wait until everywhere you see is covered with caltrops. Overall, you need to move in the direction of less snares, not more snares. This will only encourage more snares. This damage does not need to stack. Seriously this will become the new spammable, ranged AOE DPS snare that every zerg will be using. 40 of these in a breach, if that's 2k per tick, then that's 80k DPS walking through a breach or standing on a flag.... it will be terrible.

I can't state strongly enough how much I agree with the above post and I question whether the reduced duration is enough. Large groups stacking these on chokepoints will be bad news for the game. I think you focused strictly on the PvE aspect and perhaps overlooked the PvP aspect?

As for the rest of the patch notes, almost infinite resources was a seriously imbalance and we all know it. All of us will have to make adjustments and a new class will have their day in the sun.

For people who aren't as good at resource management it's not going to be a well liked change.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

I have no idea where your argument is supposed to begin or end. The only thing you replied to was the WoW comment. The rest was just rambling.

I was taking the *** out of your silver spoon mentality.

Then I talked about the fact you associate a power creep and people making content look easy, to content becoming trivialized, I was basically saying you don't need to be as good as everyone else at everything, people are allowed to be better or worse and it doesn't actually affect you.

Of course, I was assuming that by trivialized and power creep, you meant specifically top tier players and groups, gearing up and completing content so quickly, that it puts off other players from even wanting to because they'll never be able to compete.
    You may not have meant that but I know that just being 600CP doesn't mean *** and I've seen 400CP's pull more weight, so hoped you were talking about gear/whatever else and not CP as a power creep.

Either way, not all content has been completed by everyone and never will because they're too lazy to learn, if these silver-spooners are the players that feel it's trivialized then should we really be catering to them? we already have 3 difficulty levels on content.

Teams that are interested still push leaderboards, it's not trivialized to them.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    Now I want to cancel my pre-order and get my money back. This is not the patch I'm ready to pay for.
    No more levels and skills, only degradation!
  • TheDreamyWriter
    You destroy the game :s
  • Gert_Salo
    Gert_Salo
    Well, unless we see a lot of the nerfs rolled back... I'm not paying for Morrowind. Sure I like the PvE game to be challenging, but I don't want to spend 3 hours doing the same content it use to take 45 minutes to complete. This game was fine, it was fast paced and fun... and the challenge was learning how to get the most out of your build and class. But this just seams like ZOS wants to take the 4 base game classes back to a plain brown rapper so that the Warden can shine. This is the wrong way to do this... just make the Warden OPAF for the first few months, then nerf it down to balance once everyone gets use to it.

As for PvP, these nerfs just re-enforce the "zerg mentality". I don't see anything here making the PvP game "better" or dealing with the real issues in PvP.

Battlegrounds? ... I don't know yet, I guess we'll find out.

Honestly it seems like ZOS is trying to level the playing field for "new players", but that completely insults the people who have been keeping the lights on for the last 3+ years. And to that I say... thanks, but no thanks.
    Edited by Gert_Salo on April 19, 2017 9:50PM
    Mads - Pavia - Gethren - V I I
  • masterbroodub17_ESO
    Gert_Salo wrote: »
    Well, unless we see a lot of the nerfs rolled back... I'm not paying for Morrowind. Sure I like the PvE game to be challenging, but I don't want to spend 3 hours doing the same content it use to take 45 minutes to complete. This game was fine, it was fast paced and fun... and the challenge was learning how to get the most out of your build and class. But this just seams like ZOS wants to take the 4 base game classes back to a plain brown rapper so that the Warden can shine. This is the wrong way to do this... just make the Warden OPAF for the first few months, then nerf it down to balance once everyone gets use to it.

As for PvP, these nerfs just re-enforce the "zerg mentality". I don't see anything here making the PvP game "better" or dealing with the real issues in PvP.

Battlegrounds? ... I don't know yet, I guess we'll find out.

Honestly it seems like ZOS is trying to level the playing field for "new players", but that completely insults the people who have been the lights on for the last 3+ years. And to that I say... thanks, but no thanks.

Wrong.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4016057/#Comment_4016057

Over-reactions. Over-reactions everywhere!

• Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭

Log on the PTS and play the game. I can't believe how people blindly nod their head to those honeyed words.

Seriously, do it.

All you people out there who go off with "Oh I am so glad about these changes, huehuehue." did not log on the PTS and test ***, I guarantee you that.

Do it.

Find out yourself how you can only run 10 seconds of dps/healing while making your 'decision' they encourage so well here for one thing. I went full regeneration. Ran out of ressources in said 10 seconds. didn't got them back in 30 even considering combat keeps going and doesn't just stops and smiles to wait for your bar to fill up again.

We tried Hel-Ra.

We didn't even get through normal.

People are struggling on the PTS to do delves, man. DELVES! Now try to get through Maelstrom Arena with that.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a silverspoon mentality when the game is entirely and utterly unplayable with those changes and the players don't even know anymore wtf ZOS is expecting us to play the game.

Let's add to that the oh so wonderful RNG to get that one desired item from dungeon/location XY. No one will like this, believe me. No. One.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Log on the PTS and play the game. I can't believe how people blindly nod their head to those honeyed words.

Seriously, do it.

All you people out there who go off with "Oh I am so glad about these changes, huehuehue." did not log on the PTS and test ***, I guarantee you that.

Do it.

Find out yourself how you can only run 10 seconds of dps/healing while making your 'decision' they encourage so well here for one thing. I went full regeneration. Ran out of ressources in said 10 seconds. didn't got them back in 30 even considering combat keeps going and doesn't just stops and smiles to wait for your bar to fill up again.

We tried Hel-Ra.

People are struggling on the PTS to do delves, man. DELVES! Now try to get through Maelstrom Arena with that.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a silverspoon mentality when the game is entirely and utterly unplayable with those changes and the players don't even know anymore wtf ZOS is expecting us to play the game.

Let's add to that the oh so wonderful RNG to get that one desired item from dungeon/location XY. No one will like this, believe me. No. One.

Are you telling me that game got fundamentally changed and people were unable to adapt in 2 days testing on PTS? Gotta revert everything then!
  • Mikoto
    Mikoto
    ✭✭✭
    angryjoe-o.gif

tumblr_inline_n8z0f2G7VV1qztn1k.gif

Pre-Order cancelled until this is fixed.
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, do it.

Do it.

We tried Hel-Ra.

Are you telling me that game got fundamentally changed and people were unable to adapt in 2 days testing on PTS? Gotta revert everything then!

In fact, no. I am telling that the game is unplayable now. Not like we didn't try sh*t to adapt. Two days is plenty of time to do that and test things.

So take that smartassery somewhere else.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Seriously, do it.

Do it.

We tried Hel-Ra.

In fact, no. I am telling that the game is unplayable now. Not like we didn't try sh*t to adapt. Two days is plenty of time to do that and test things.

Obviously is not :smile:
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, nerfs everywhere, will this game ever be balanced properly? No because they change a crapton of things every 6 months instead of making small changes regularly, You guys (zenimax) are *** clueless. I think that at this point i will probably drop the game, at least for a while if this goes through. And i'm *** serious, this is not what i want from eso.

Nerfs to damage, nerfs to sustain, nerfs to everything. From the bottom of my heart, *** you. Now everyone will be forced to run a bunch of regen enchants, and nothing will change, sets will be the same, because they are just superior, we will just do like half the damage.
    Edited by JinMori on April 19, 2017 10:48PM
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, do it.

Do it.

We tried Hel-Ra.

Obviously is not :smile:

Alright then, mate. Log on the PTS and do it better then.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adjusted the description of the “Veiled Crystal” achievement furnishing to more closely match its appearance.

LOL. So the PR people have their way with the patch notes, eh?

The description says it's blue. It's actually yellow.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @waitwhat , I'll admit that it's going to be difficult to run two breaches with 6-10 people, but I can run the hell out of one breach using the same number. Assuming that there's enough educated pugs or literally a single other organizer group that other breach can also be made into a death trap.

I just don't think that it's going to be fun to die to caltrops moving like molasses through breaches. Sure, you can slot mistform or shuffle. If I'm not running medium armor it's mistform and only half of classes reliably slot that (magplar and magDK).

@Adenoma

Mistform is a vampire ability. Double Take is the nightblade ability that provides dodge change with major expedition. Most medium armor builds do have something in the way of damage avoidance through dodge, but the real counter to caltrops will be major expedition and a heal over time. You can get major expedition from a potion, through rapids, or by roll dodging with a bow. A heavy build will make it through caltrops just fine, and light armor will have shields/heals and gap closers, all that on top of the other mitigating factors.

We'll have to see how it plays out, but this is a good change.

The only concern I've thought of would be a very powerful stamsorc running hurricane with this and tries to wipe a group using only hurricane. However, hurricane did already get a nerf, and we'll see how the resource management plays out for them. If that does become a problem though, a more effective solution would be to lay down the nerf hammer on that one ability of that one class that really didn't get hit too much (if at all) this time. Probably not going to be an issue though.

We'll have to keep an eye on any buffs that happen, but the caltrops change should go live.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    I am so pleased with the resource recovery changes. This makes choices in CP, sets, and food/drink buff actually mattering. Right now everyone looks at sets with recovery with a sneer of "wish that said max ____" or immediately removes the recovery on jewelry with spell/weapon damage. resource steal enchantments are rare. Drinks, outside of event ones, are never used in the meta.

This changes that by making resource monkeys, balanced, high damage actually have pros and cons, vs high damage having no negatives whatsoever. Trust me, I'm sad as well that I can't just toss up high numbers and careless about resources in a way, but from a balance this will do a lot to put classes in line with each other because its not just high damage bonus game. Each class has a balance of resource gain in certain pools, damage bonuses, and max stat bonuses.

With the other segment of build making being balanced, classes will start to trend towards some CP and set bonuses based on recovery methods in the class. This makes every class instantly more balanced. This also helps increase health importance by having more diversity in the build since the meta of damage will drop the instances of insta-death being the most effective method of pvp will reduce and therefore free up options to spend points elsewhere (especially if building your character around sustain).

Overall I think this "little" change will massively fix a lot of complaints we have about a lot of areas in the game. Step back a bit (and from the ledge) and think of all of the issues we talk about and this is a very positive tweak that i think will make refining the classes towards balance much easier moving forward.
    Have fun in vma and hard mode trials. Get killed in round 5 by giant boss as your dps is too low and she breaks your last platform.
    That only means that they need to make sure bosses are adjusted for the changes. Nothing more.
    Then why have all the bosses been left untouched?

Are they waiting until the next dlc to nerf high end pve to work with these changes? If they are, that is way too long and MANY players will be gone. They'd better have a plan to nerf it before release. They need to nerf during the pts. If they do, I might be ok with the changes.
    Maybe they looked at the stats and decided that too many players are completing the content too quickly? If that's the case, then an additional reasoning behind the changes is that they're wanting to make the top end content PvE more challenging. Of course there needs to be a balance though between "more challenging" and "impossible".

@mr_wazzabi

If they're going to dial back difficulty on top-tier PvE content, they'll probably do it when Morrowind comes out. If they don't do it when Morrowind comes out, then it most likely means they aren't sure they want to do it at all.

@ZOS_GinaBruno To dial back difficulty in top-tier PvE content, mostly it seems the health numbers for bosses and stronger adds will need to be brought down to help reduced DPS players get through burn phases more reliably. Some adds and DoT effects will also probably need to have their base damage numbers reduced to compensate for a greater reliance on smaller heals over time (e.g. Leeching Strikes), rather than resource-intensive self-heals (e.g. Vigor, Breath of Life, etc.)
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    If you do anything other then revert the major mending changes ZOS PLEASE revert the caltrops change...PvEers have cried for Stam buffs but this will just ruin PvP as a whole...balance PvE separately from PvP please before PvP is made worse then it already is because of the constant PvE powercreep.

@templesus

This is not true. Please see ongoing discussion in thread re: caltrops. No one is going to get nuked by the new caltrops. Roll-dodge granting cc immunity + the long telegraph of caltrops means you won't get snared as much as you thing.

Finally: PVP MAGPLARS ARE MASSIVELY OVERPOWERED IN THE CURRENT PVP META. It is unfair that they are able to heal so much, in heavy armor, with excellent sustain, and still pop off 12k dark flares and 15k/sec. Eye of Flame. At the risk of schadenfreude, this is just desserts for healbots and bomplars, and the caltrops change will provide an effective group counter to the zergs that all proxy up and charge in with Eye of Flame while casting ritual/mutagen/healing springs/breath of life while wearing desert rose and rattlecage.

Sucks for PvE healplars, but everyone who has ever brought a magplar into Cyrodiil has had this coming for a long time. You should have anticipated it earlier. The farther the pendulum swings in one direction, the harder and faster it will swing back.
    Edited by waitwhat on April 20, 2017 12:26AM

"30s to eval"
This discussion has been closed.