The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Did you play during 1.0 - 1.5? And did you prefer it to PvP in Homestead?

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did play during 1.0 - 1.5 and prefer it to PvP in Homestead
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    It had its problems, but I had much more fun. If there was a 1.5 version of this game that I had to pay extra money to play, I would.

1.6 was cancer, it was the darkest time in eso history. DB patch was the most balanced post 1.5

You meant TG?

DB was horrible
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Nser
    Nser
    ✭✭✭
    1.5 - 1.6 was the best now the game is just lol
    there is no skills at pvp at all
    we cant even use both stamina magcika skills both in same time.
    like if mdk lack of gap closer cc we can just replace it with stamina gapcloser
    i wish they make it come back
    plus.ultim reg
    rip

• G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Yes, I played back then. Yes, I preferred it back then, but for different reasons than most.

I prefer the old times, because it was a different type of community back then. There was the odd one out in between who tried to exploit the addmitedly poorer gameplay, but the majority of players just played the game.

Nowadays, no matter which campaign you join, there's always a bunch of ap flippers with zero interest in pvp. Or proctatos. Or 5-attacks-a-second turds.

Basically, pvp population is a bunch of exploiting, spineless and pathetic excuses for human beings, that justify anything with "because I can".

And that is the only reason why I lost interest in pvp.

well said
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soft caps era > 1.6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything after 1.6
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the performance back then I like the soft caps in fact I did not like 1.5, or beyond but back around 1.0 was good we had a few diverse builds, I had more fun did not care for the pulse trains or the broken game mechanics of stacking elemental wall and staking barrier a few other things but with a few tweaks it could have been far better than the crap we have now.

Games usually improve as they add features, this game has done nothing but go backwards after launch pvp keeps getting worse not better, pvp in the early days of the game even with it's problems to me better than today.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on March 12, 2017 5:08PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the performance back then I like the soft caps in fact I did not like 1.5, or beyond but back around 1.0 was good we had a few diverse builds, I had more fun did not care for the pulse trains or the broken game mechanics of stacking elemental wall and staking barrier a few other things but with a few tweaks it could have been far better than the crap we have now.

Games usually improve as they add features, this game has done nothing but go backwards after launch pvp keeps getting worse not better, pvp in the early days of the game even with it's problems to me better than today.

Well, that's because most were new to the game, many still levelling up, there wasn't really a meta to speak of, neither in terms of builds nor raids, yet tons of players. I'm pretty sure, if something like this appeared in the game today, people would be pretty shocked - and it took a while until ZOS did anything about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucmjldufa6U
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • BooskySG
    BooskySG
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is delivering. The amount of ignorance is making me chortle like a little school girl. The complaint about dodge rolling pre-1.6--10/10 hilarious The people claiming pre-1.6 patches didn't have a meta--12/10 so *** hilarious I choked on air

Just because you didn't know what was broken during a patch does not mean that there wasnt a meta of abusing that ZoS'd ability
    Edited by BooskySG on March 12, 2017 6:21PM
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! Bring back ground oil, dynamic ult gen. However I did not enjoy back to back bat spam. And please remove Camps altogether.

I would like my VoB sap tanking build back :P
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Yuke wrote: »
    Where is the option for:

I played every patch but prefer 1.6?

I don't miss eating 50k dawn breakers to the face.

Nothing like walking around Cyrodiil minding my own business then bam, "Methuselah has turned you into a fine pink mist for 56k with Dawnbreaker of Smiting!" That was like, more than double my HP and in 7 nirnhoned.
    Edited by No_True_Scotsman on March 12, 2017 7:41PM
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the option for:

Nothing like walking around Cyrodiil minding my own business then bam, "Methuselah has turned you into a fine pink mist for 56k with Dawnbreaker of Smiting!" That was like, more than double my HP and in 7 nirnhoned.

Everyone complained about this but I never had this problem...
    Supreme Leader Panda
    GM of Licinius Exploitation Incorporated
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other, I generally like a lot of things from both eras, and its be a waste for me to dream about past eras. The game is completely different, which is a huge indicator that the game is unstable. Dont get me wrong the game is tons of fun, but this year i came into work on a mission, that mission was changed completely, while i can roll with the punches, its not the mission i signed up for, and it feels like a lot of the work I did previously has been wiped away having no impact on the current mission.

Who wants to build their dream house only to find out when you are done, that codes have changed and your house is outdated, and light switches are no longer light switches. Your bathroom is now a linen closet and your garage is now your living room.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys forgot about how Critical Hits governed Ulti regen. and how a DK emp could drop a Standard of Super Might every 3-5 seconds.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    you guys forgot about how Critical Hits governed Ulti regen. and how a DK emp could drop a Standard of Super Might every 3-5 seconds.

The dynamic ultimate system wasn't perfect, but we had tons of feedback about how to improve it, rather than scrap it atogether and introduce a static one in it's place. As for ultimate spamming, that just didn't happen if your group didn't stack up to be hit all at once or died like flies, feeding ultimate to the enemy. And if you could force the enemy into defense, their ult regen would be significantly reduced as well.

• Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years too late and a developer with the opposite(casual pve and rp) ideals to ever expect anything to change for the better. It's a downhill slide, just make sure to jump on a sled on the way down.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB soft caps. And ground oils. Please.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did play during 1.0 - 1.5 and do not prefer it to PvP in Homestead
    Please tell me how fun it was to play a magdk and switch between spamming chosen ult and talons. You must've been a very good old school player, please tell me some of your stories.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Please tell me how fun it was to play a magdk and switch between spamming chosen ult and talons. You must've been a very good old school player, please tell me some of your stories.

I was a squishy vamp Sorc using a destro/resto setup and no damage shields beside Healing Ward. Aside from being useful in a group with my Absorption Field, I was in a very bad spot balance wise, having trouble with even mediocre magDKs (fire weakness and reflection of all my standard single target skills), but still preferred overall balance to 1.6. And 1.6, with the caveat of nirnhoned armor and no CP cap, had better balance than anything thereafter, imo.

• Glarin
    Glarin
    ✭✭✭
    I played since launch and I've been PvPing since I hit level 10 way back in April of 2014. I liked it. I enjoyed the dynamic ult gen and I liked the soft caps, but think if they brought those back. With dynamic ult gen people would be just spamming destro ults back to back and would ultimately kill my desire to PvP. If we take away the nerfs to roll dodge and streak that opens up another issue of sorcs streaking away from fights and never being caught and stam builds rolling for days around trees. I honestly prefer the PvP today. It may suck with all the proctards but do you really want to go back to 1 mag DK wiping 100+ players with a standard and 1 ground oil?
    Aldmeri Dominon: Glarin |Dragonknight *** Erìnwy |Sorcerer
    Ebonheart Pact: Alexandrìte |Dragonknight |Former Emperor *** Oops I Negated Again |Sorcerer |Former Emperor
    Daggerfall Covenant: Eìr |Templar
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I began playing in early 1.6, so I will abstain from voting in the poll.

In my opinion, Dark Brotherhood was the worst patch since i began playing in terms of balance, with heavy armor amd procs and stam classes being obscenely op and carrying some amusingly toxic and egotistical personalities.

However, I believe the game has been steadily improving in regards to both balance and playability since then, and I find the current balance the best I've ever seen in my time playing the game. I've been stubbornly optimistic all along the way that ZOS, a young gaming company, will get this right given enough time, and I'll continue to stick it out with them, playing underdog classes and sticking my nose into amateur balance discussions on these forums in the hopes that someone with influence will read and take away something of value.

They said this is the year of battlegrounds, a long-needed formal ranking system, and improving PvP performance. We're the priority, finally.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is the option for:

Must have been nice ... being a sorc ... having 40k shields on demand. Sounds balanced :p
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, we don't need to go back to the days of impulse/bats for days. There are some elements of the old days I enjoyed a lot (ground oils?) but on the whole I think PvP is more dynamic and interesting now.
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the option for:

Must have been nice ... being a sorc ... having 40k shields on demand. Sounds balanced :p

Bruh... I played NB and DK, my sorc didn't even exist back then, and it no longer exists thanks to Wrobel warriors and their hammer of bananner.
    Edited by PandaIsAPotato on March 14, 2017 12:34AM
    Supreme Leader Panda
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not play during 1.0 - 1.5 and I prefer PvP in Homestead rather than PvP in 1.0 - 1.5
    I think nostalgia is fueling a lot of this. There were so many broken things in those days, no build diversity, 1 Mag DK could wipe 10+ people easily, ground oils, streaking through 5 people and getting my Negate up instantly, perma bats, everyone a vamp in light armor, using 1h+shield, destro or resto.

There were also way more people playing back in those days. So you had your zerg fights on the map but you could also roam in a group of 4-5 and find other groups with similiar numbers. I only played on Wabbajack, which was the only real competitive server back then. I love when I see people with titles of Former Emp of Auriel's Bow or whatever, like 5 people on your server so easy to get Emp or even worse get it passed to you. People leaving the game because of lag killed small group play, not AOE caps.

Homestead is fun because of build diversity. Yea people can sustain forever, who cares. You can build for damage and kill them in 2 hits so they can have their sustain ;) People can tank forever, good for them they can't damage you so ignore them. There's still a counter for everything. All this nostalgia about soft caps and 1.5 are from former Mag DK's that could leap into a keep and solo 10-20 players, not out of skill mind you, out of the brokenness of the class/game at the time. They want God mode back, sorry dudes ain't gonna happen.

EDIT: on my phone and clicked the wrong button, have played since open beta.
    Edited by loki547 on March 14, 2017 12:54AM
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not play during 1.0 - 1.5 and I prefer PvP in Homestead rather than PvP in 1.0 - 1.5
    I began playing in early 1.6, so I will abstain from voting in the poll.

In my opinion, Dark Brotherhood was the worst patch since i began playing in terms of balance, with heavy armor amd procs and stam classes being obscenely op and carrying some amusingly toxic and egotistical personalities.

However, I believe the game has been steadily improving in regards to both balance and playability since then, and I find the current balance the best I've ever seen in my time playing the game. I've been stubbornly optimistic all along the way that ZOS, a young gaming company, will get this right given enough time, and I'll continue to stick it out with them, playing underdog classes and sticking my nose into amateur balance discussions on these forums in the hopes that someone with influence will read and take away something of value.

They said this is the year of battlegrounds, a long-needed formal ranking system, and improving PvP performance. We're the priority, finally.

I knew you would comment on this thread!!! :)
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is the option for:

Bruh... I played NB and DK, my sorc didn't even exist back then, and it no longer exists thanks to Wrobel warriors and their hammer of bananner.

Well super high, uncapped CP emperor Dawnbreakers tend to hurt.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back the real camohunter
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »
    I think nostalgia is fueling a lot of this. There were so many broken things in those days, no build diversity, 1 Mag DK could wipe 10+ people easily, ground oils, streaking through 5 people and getting my Negate up instantly, perma bats, everyone a vamp in light armor, using 1h+shield, destro or resto.

There were also way more people playing back in those days. So you had your zerg fights on the map but you could also roam in a group of 4-5 and find other groups with similiar numbers. I only played on Wabbajack, which was the only real competitive server back then. I love when I see people with titles of Former Emp of Auriel's Bow or whatever, like 5 people on your server so easy to get Emp or even worse get it passed to you. People leaving the game because of lag killed small group play, not AOE caps.

Homestead is fun because of build diversity. Yea people can sustain forever, who cares. You can build for damage and kill them in 2 hits so they can have their sustain ;) People can tank forever, good for them they can't damage you so ignore them. There's still a counter for everything. All this nostalgia about soft caps and 1.5 are from former Mag DK's that could leap into a keep and solo 10-20 players, not out of skill mind you, out of the brokenness of the class/game at the time. They want God mode back, sorry dudes ain't gonna happen.

This is basically a collection of strawman arguments and ad hominem fallacies.

Accusations of especially high nostalgia fueled bias, highlighting the problems of the game at the time and downplaying the ones of today, trying to put anyone who disagrees in a neat little box to discredit them.
    You even mix up facts, like, if one player, of whatever class, even if he was emp, killed "10+ people easily", those 10 were bad players. Or naked. In other words, the one player won because of his skill far exceeding that of his opponents.
    Streaking through 5 people didn't get your Negate up instantly unless it nearly was already - there was a time when Streak had no AoE cap, so you could get it up instantly by streaking through a raid/zerg - but even that didn't change anything about the effectiveness of streaking through 5. Moreover, you didn't generate a lot of ultimate at all if your opponents just blocked.
    By 1.5, vamp wasn't end-all-be-all either anymore, it was mostly still useful for DKs - and one of the things that made them so good at killing large amounts of clueless players - because that's what they were really good at, in a tough fight against skilled opponents, Templars or NBs (or NegateMonkeys) were at least as useful as DKs, if not more so.

As for today... I find build diversity to be pretty lacking compared to 1.6/1.7, I don't think it's a good thing if you can kill someone in two hits, a "tank" can still set up bursts with Backlash, heal his allies and never run out of resources.
    Aside from what you mentioned, there are, of course, a couple of other balance problems, like poisons, proc sets, destro ult, low value of health etc.

edit: typos
    Edited by ToRelax on March 14, 2017 10:10AM

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.0-1.5 had a ton of issues but there was so much potential because the underlying gameplay mechanics were sound. 1.6-1.7 was bad, PvP was just a matter of who spent more time grinding CP...

Orsinium was good.

All the updates after that they started messing up so many core mechanics of cyrodiil. Thieves Guild nerfed group mechanics into the ground so only dumb zerging really gets rewarded for 95% of Cyrodiil's population since then. Dark Brotherhood gave us the horrible tank meta that's still going strong to this day. Shadows of the Hist brought us proc sets (iirc), One Tamriel added even more broken garbage to the game like destro ulti and overtuned sets that drop in any piece. And the past few updates in general theyve just been removing counterplay from so many abilities and ultis that just further empowers Xv1. Meteor unreflectable, Soul Assault uninterruptable... have fun trying to survive people stacking curses and backlashes on you. The list goes on.

Homestead is honestly just a new low. Can't see myself even bothering with battlegrounds unless they significantly rebalance this mess with Morrowind...
    Edited by Valencer on March 14, 2017 12:41PM
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the option for:

Well super high, uncapped CP emperor Dawnbreakers tend to hurt.

Nah, they tickle. Gotta use exploits in your favor man, can't just rely on Nirn to protect yourself. Get out dem l337 blinxey sploits and tank hordes of pugs whilst simultaneously murdering them. Meth wasn't even a blip on my radar in 1.6 of being a scary foe to fight, I got killed more to Ballista-Fu than I did actual people. Can't count the number of times people placed down siege in 1.6 to kill me. I blame Rylana for it, always tried to lure me around corners into siege, he got Qaevir like that once... Poor Qaevir.
    Edited by PandaIsAPotato on March 14, 2017 2:15PM
    Supreme Leader Panda
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    loki547 wrote: »

This is basically a collection of strawman arguments and ad hominem fallacies.

Uh. No where did he create a caricature of anyone's argument then misrepresent the that caricature as the actual argument, nor did he suggest someone's argument is wrong due to personal qualities. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean their arguments are fallacious :). They might be wrong, perhaps, but not fallacious. Stop rhetoric buzzwords 2017.