The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Day one of double AP

Decado
Decado
✭✭✭✭
so logged into PvP as usual today only to get reminded it's the double AP week and I have to say from what I'm seeing so far ZoS has got this right,
No matter where I move I run into one of those *** destro ult trains, people said it wouldn't work and people will
Play different well just from 20 minutes of PvP I can already say Zos are going to get the numbers they wanted, bleakers is full of all three factions Zerging into each other, people are going full out for AP

So while PvP is clearly going to be full of this joyous play that is AoE Destro trains everywhere uou turn atleast they will get the data they wanted.

Let's hope they figure something out from all this as this week is going to be fun in PvP land
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do they get the data they want when:

- people unarguably die faster in keep fights
    - people run out of resources and can´t spam skills like they could with cp
    - people already greatly changed their playstyle on TF EU by not engaging in open field fights willingly and instead placing far mor emphasis on siege and taking/defending keeps

You can tell players changed their behavior within 30 minutes of playtime on trueflame if you played there regularly. So how is zos gonna get the data they wanted if people behave differently?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good!
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without elemental defense CP, healing CP, and CP in sustain, Destro ult trains are going to be more effective than ever. There's no reason not to do it with this change.

Choo-choo! All aboard!

Let's see how many people think No-CP is 'fun' after this week. All I know is my small group trashed at least three larger Destro trains last night and it was beautiful.
    Options
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a L2P issue
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
    Options
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    derra take alook around every single *** zerg is running around spamming Destro ult trians, fight in outposts of 100+ players from all 3 factions thats exactly what they wanted.

they wanted every person to group up and fight in huge fights so they can do the tests, the main things that has changed in the small scale PvP but trust me the zerg fights are just the same as normal. come take a look at bleakers in Azuras, you have Zerg Squad doing their usual *** and about 50 people from both blues and reds attacking it and flipping it everynow and then so ZS can they kill them all recapture for 20k tick rinse and repeat.

This fight alone will tell them massive amounts when it comes to Zerg vs Zerg fights, while writing this im watching and they are still running around have been for 20/30 minutes non stop, having no CP is not stopping them spamming everything
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zergfights are not normal - that´s the thing @Decado

People die like flies in keepfights in situations where they previously did not drop HP. The zergfights end superfast compared to cp enabled campaign. There was not one stalled keepfights the whole afternoon. Everything was breach breach keep gone.

That was rare on trueflame before today.

I played there every day and i also zergsurfed quite a bit when playing casually. It´s a night and day difference in playerbehavior and ability.
    Edited by Derra on February 27, 2017 5:03PM
    <Noricum>

Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Without elemental defense CP, healing CP, and CP in sustain, Destro ult trains are going to be more effective than ever. There's no reason not to do it with this change.

Choo-choo! All aboard!

Let's see how many people think No-CP is 'fun' after this week. All I know is my small group trashed at least three larger Destro trains last night and it was beautiful.

No ele defender is (kinda) offset by no elemental expert. Two max CP tend to cancel each other out.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Choo-choo! All aboard!

No ele defender is (kinda) offset by no elemental expert. Two max CP tend to cancel each other out.

And that skill the is most efficient dmg done for free.
    They really do need to cap the dmg/reduce cost on the morph that sticks to you to match other ulti mates with a similar mechanic.
    Having bats do this type of dmg is one thing, because it's offset by the extra fire dmg and increased dmg with fighters guild skills.

They should make you take increased dmg from the source of the staff you are using while the spell is active on you ;).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im gonna re make my bomb blade and farm ap.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only stupid thing about this event: 430k AP/Hour by flipping an empty outpost. EP/DC earlier kept flipping Nikel, gaining a total of 430k AP/Hour simply by not attacking each other& flipping the outpost.

Destro trains should be the least of your worries. They're nothing new - but random pugs getting 12k AP(16,1k with home keep & buff) for flipping an empty outpost. STRONK
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on February 27, 2017 5:24PM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only stupid thing about this event: 430k AP/Hour by flipping an empty outpost. EP/DC earlier kept flipping Nikel, gaining a total of 430k AP/Hour simply by not attacking each other& flipping the outpost.

Destro trains should be the least of your worries. They're nothing new - but random pugs getting 12k AP(16,1k with home keep & buff) for flipping an empty outpost. STRONK

We should try to kill them :)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

It's kinda hard without destro-trains, though. Tried earlier as a 3-man squad. But its a bit hard against 30 EP & 30 DC, with a 4-6man guild group standing outside the breach guarding it.

PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |

My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's kinda hard without destro-trains, though. Tried earlier as a 3-man squad. But its a bit hard against 30 EP & 30 DC, with a 4-6man guild group standing outside the breach guarding it.

Well if you can't beat em, join them. Might as well get your alts to alliance war ranks to access the skills you need.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if you can't beat em, join them. Might as well get your alts to alliance war ranks to access the skills you need.

Never happening. I still have a tiny bit of dignity left! And respect, too. Just some of it.
    PC - EU.

Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Choo-choo! All aboard!

Perhaps, but Cold Fire Siege is a very hard counter and will wreck such groups with smart placement.

It will be interesting to see how it goes this week as folks change and adapt.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

People die like flies in keepfights in situations where they previously did not drop HP. The zergfights end superfast compared to cp enabled campaign. There was not one stalled keepfights the whole afternoon. Everything was breach breach keep gone.

I played there every day and i also zergsurfed quite a bit when playing casually. It´s a night and day difference in playerbehavior and ability.

That could be seen as good and bad. The infinite resource 5 Heavy Sword and Board Templars can't sustain heals like they used to. Max Sustain builds have to give up damage, and max damage builds give up almost all their sustain. So there are choices to make.

Some of the keep battles that lasted forever just lagged everything out. these battles ending much faster may be better for performance overall. It might be worth giving them up for an 80 ping all the time...

for now i'll just wait and see how things play out, maybe they can narrow it down to some passives and fix it. we will see.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That could be seen as good and bad. The infinite resource 5 Heavy Sword and Board Templars can't sustain heals like they used to. Max Sustain builds have to give up damage, and max damage builds give up almost all their sustain. So there are choices to make.

Some of the keep battles that lasted forever just lagged everything out. these battles ending much faster may be better for performance overall. It might be worth giving them up for an 80 ping all the time...

for now i'll just wait and see how things play out, maybe they can narrow it down to some passives and fix it. we will see.

Yes. And that's why it's a good thing. You can't do both now. You gotta choose. Sustain or damage. It's amazing. Gotta love it.
    PC - EU.

Options
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I'm curious: How's the lag?

Not FPS, but lag. I often have 30-40fps in a siege situation(playable), but I'll spike up to a ping of 500+.
    Edited by out51d3r on February 27, 2017 5:51PM
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- people already greatly changed their playstyle on TF EU by not engaging in open field fights willingly and instead placing far mor emphasis on siege and taking/defending keeps

You can tell players changed their behavior within 30 minutes of playtime on trueflame if you played there regularly. So how is zos gonna get the data they wanted if people behave differently?

I suspect they want to look at exactly what happens if CP is removed, including how it changes player behavior.

For example, maybe they find that more deadly siege without CP causes players to spread apart more, resulting in fewer AoE calculations or something. Or maybe they determine that removing CP doesn't even reduce the latency issue, or some specific passive X can be tweaked slightly to reduce latency.

Balance is a separate issue. If they end up verifying that changing or removing certain champion passives would improve performance, I imagine there will also be tons of player feedback after this test on how to improve balance for the non-CP campaigns.
    Options
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    out51d3r wrote: »
    So, I'm curious: How's the lag?

Not FPS, but lag. I often have 30-40fps in a siege situation(playable), but I'll spike up to a ping of 500+.

Trueflame is still very laggy.
    :]
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Depends what the goal is... If it is only to test if CP is impacting performance or if removing CP improves performance (by also impacting how people can and do fight(duration of fights and type)).
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Depends what the goal is... If it is only to test if CP is impacting performance or if removing CP improves performance (by also impacting how people can and do fight(duration of fights and type)).

Sure - but playing without CP is not an option for some people.

I think all of our guild simply stopped playing after 3 hours because it´s not enjoyable in a 2 to 4 man grp.
    Which if would make people simply leave the game if this was going to become a permanent solution. I can´t enjoy no cp no matter how much i try.
    Edited by Derra on February 27, 2017 6:07PM
    <Noricum>

Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's too early to say but so far I haven't noticed any drop in lag or any improvements with FPS without CP. The quality of gameplay has definitely gone down, though, due to the AOE trains others have mentioned.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think all of our guild simply stopped playing after 3 hours because it´s not enjoyable in a 2 to 4 man grp.
    Which if would make people simply leave the game if this was going to become a permanent solution. I can´t enjoy no cp no matter how much i try.

Some are going to understand this and others are just going to tell you to L2P. I for one am against the removal of CP and I am for a better placement of the CP passives and point placement.

Instead of when you have 3600 cp and all of the cp are at 100 the trees should have more cp placement options so not everything is at 100. In return this will make it so when we are at lower CP caps like 600 for example people wont have 100 into something and getting multiple bonuses ... they will need to spread it out or focus on 1 thing and have less in another.

It is just too easy right now to focus on a few strong CP areas and ignore the others. If this werent the case youd have less of the crazy healers, never ending blockers and crazy rollers who can do good dmg too.

Id also suggest removing the CP bonuses so there isnt the calculation of who is getting hit by 10% more dmg or who is off balance or heal from x player for blocking something .. removing those passives for allocated cp placement would help tremendously on server calculations as some of them can become endless in the large fights.
    Edited by Asgari on February 27, 2017 6:19PM
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • Apokalypt
    Apokalypt
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, pvp is just not fun. Hoped that it will be cool with the double ap, but too many zerg groups around, if you aren`t a dedicated no life pvper then say goodbye...

Honestly, then I rather take keep flipping than this *** of "regular play"...
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Some are going to understand this and others are just going to tell you to L2P. I for one am against the removal of CP and I am for a better placement of the CP passives and point placement.

Instead of when you have 3600 cp and all of the cp are at 100 the trees should have more cp placement options so not everything is at 100. In return this will make it so when we are at lower CP caps like 600 for example people wont have 100 into something and getting multiple bonuses ... they will need to spread it out or focus on 1 thing and have less in another.

It is just too easy right now to focus on a few strong CP areas and ignore the others. If this werent the case youd have less of the crazy healers, never ending blockers and crazy rollers who can do good dmg too.

Id also suggest removing the CP bonuses so there isnt the calculation of who is getting hit by 10% more dmg or who is off balance or heal from x player for blocking something .. removing those passives for allocated cp placement would help tremendously on server calculations as some of them can become endless in the large fights.

Im not disagreeing with you @Princess_Asgari we both agree that the Champion system in its current incarnation is simply broken and allows the crazy healers, never ending blockers and crazy rollers who can do good dmg too.

The problem with CP right now is everyone can literally be a house, and when everyone is a house, specialization is lost. Tanks, healers, and DPS need profound weaknesses and right now with CP how it works that simply isn't the case.

I agree with you, i'd rather them re-work CP so folks can't invest in everything rather then outright removal. As long as a no-cp campaign exists, im not one for forcing my ideas on others. Im a big supporter of choice.

However, making it so folks can't invest in everything would def be a good start.

PS: Resource draining poisons are crazy OP on non-cp campaigns and non-cp pvp, they really ought to look at disabling them there, as they are way overkill......
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apokalypt wrote: »
    Damn, pvp is just not fun. Hoped that it will be cool with the double ap, but too many zerg groups around, if you aren`t a dedicated no life pvper then say goodbye...

Honestly, then I rather take keep flipping than this *** of "regular play"...

PVP has always been zergs though?. this is nothing new
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We already knew that spamming skills non-stop causes lag though...so naturally removing CP's will help alleviate that. I fear that this test won't actually test if CP calculations are an issue.

In order to test the second scenario you would have to allow people the same sustain as with CP's but without CP's enabled (by boosting base regeneration while in Cyro or something).
    Edited by danno8 on February 27, 2017 7:07PM
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cp made no difference in server stability for Xbox NA. My entire group crashed at least twice in a short time frame. The lag and low fps felt the exact same with cp from before.
    Edited by Skinzz on February 27, 2017 7:06PM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be running 5 heartland, 5 lekis and dual wield quick cloak for the 65% aoe damage reduction during this event. Eye of noob spammers will be rendered moot. And due to their light armor will die a quick death. Thanks in advance for your AP.
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
    Options