The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your guy does not have a Templar purge, you can just grab the one in the Support skill line. If you're stamina running purge, it'll hurt to have to use it since it's 5-8k magic to cast.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your guy does not have a Templar purge, you can just grab the one in the Support skill line. If you're stamina running purge, it'll hurt to have to use it since it's 5-8k magic to cast.

Yea i know, i only run 11k magika, so i will have to purge cloak, and then pray.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did i mention im a vampire so i get near 0 health recovery lol
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you kite them around rocks or structures your dude will be good. The key to fighting Sorc not willingly give them LOS and they forget shielding is a thing. You should be in good shape anyway, cause NO ONE is running meteor on the back bar except for me. Every Magic user is running Destro ult, and honestly I rekt NB the hardest when I get the hard read on them with Meteor then pressure with burst. Cause the first thing they do is try to cloak, but they then forget meteor goes through cloak so when they bounce they get burst down lol

Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 24, 2017 4:57PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've switched one of DKs to be a tank. Tell me if these are good enough stats.

Wearing Valkyn, Pariah and Fury.
    19K M, 39K H, 19K S
    S Resist 23K, W Resist 26K or is it 2300/2600? I'm at work so going by memory.

I need to redistribute CP still.

PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do Pariah and Fury do? And you only have Valkyn Skoria? I would wear a different monster set for tanking.

Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 24, 2017 5:43PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kept Valkyn and Fury to have some DPS since my weapon damage dropped to 1200 when I had Blessed and Agility instead of Valkyn and Fury.

Pariah
    (2 items) Adds 1064 Max Health

(3 items) Adds 1935 Physical Resistance

(4 items) Adds 1935 Spell Resistance

(5 items) Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by up to 11904 based on your missing Health.

Fury
    (2 Items) Adds 1064 Maximum Health

(3 Items) Adds 967 Maximum Stamina

(4 Items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

(5 Items) When you take critical damage, your Weapon Damage is increased by 30 for 6 seconds. This effect can stack up to 25 times.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on February 24, 2017 5:54PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the idea behind the build? Survive longer? Tank a bunch of people at once? What kind of gameplay are you gearing towards?
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 24, 2017 5:55PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've switched one of DKs to be a tank. Tell me if these are good enough stats.

Wearing Valkyn, Pariah and Fury.
    19K M, 39K H, 19K S
    S Resist 23K, W Resist 26K or is it 2300/2600? I'm at work so going by memory.

I need to redistribute CP still.

Seems more like a survivable heavy dps, probably wont be taking on mobs of players though without a good healer.

Should be a fun build for small scale group play.

I recently changed my dk to a tanky player to, im using leeching for healing received and the 5th piece adds healing, and then playing with veiled, and 7th legion for dmg, but really wanting to get some powerful assault jewlery or shield of the valiant.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    In PVP, I guess it would be to survive longer and still contribute to the fight. I don't now the purpose of a tank in PVP. I just know tanks are the last to kill as they run around trees, rocks, boulders...I don't want to do that.

In PVE dungeons/trials which I would like to run (have only done a handful since launch), would a true tank not have much weapon damage needed? Just stand there and agg?
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    In PVP, I guess it would be to survive longer and still contribute to the fight. I don't now the purpose of a tank in PVP. I just know tanks are the last to kill as they run around trees, rocks, boulders...I don't want to do that.

In PVE dungeons/trials which I would like to run (have only done a handful since launch), would a true tank not have much weapon damage needed? Just stand there and agg?

Depends on the dungeon, in a dungeon you can build for a lot more damage. I often do because i usually pug, so i build for buffed up 4k dmg, and carry aggressive horn and molten weapons. Id never do a trial or anything though. But plenty of times im the last guy left and finish the boss.

In pvp you can build for crowd control, or ability to take high damage and or build up to deal big burst and kill folks, which is what fury would be good for.

Line of sight is just cheesy although its a valid tactic.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Pve dungeons / trials, you'll want gear that buffs the group like Ebon armor. Tanks job is to draw aggro and buff/debuff targets.

On my StamDK I run heavy Tava's Blessing, Bloodspawn and Plague Doctors. In dungeons I heavy attack, and pierce armor everything in my path.

I haven't figured out a good tank build for PvP. A PSN message to Nesquikid or goodguy an ask them what they run for pvp.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 24, 2017 6:24PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Gents. Greatly appreciated. I'll have to go shopping tonight and build another tank for the play style.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @PhxOldGamer68 :)

great discussion today - i'm taking notes :p

for my "tank" (orc templar) - i run 7 heavy using black rose and dreugh king slayer and one of the monster helms...

I use purple regen drinks (trying to learn now how to control my resources better so i can switch to food) instead of food buffs so my health pool is only around 34k (in cyro)...but, I do have around 3k weapon damage...I use restoring focus and unstoppable (different bars) for shields...

reverberating bash, pierce armor and biting jabs is working nicely a a combo on my SnB melee bar...

entropy and radiant oppression (favorite execute in the game) are working well on my ranged bar (lightening staff)...I'm actually really happy about the change to back rose to make it a little more helpful with magicka...

I'm learning from running pug daily pledges occasionally that it's a pretty good idea to be able to heal yourself in those situations...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to consider changing my DC Templar to tank. Let's see what I can afford shopping tonight at all the major stops. I'm always looking for the good gear that is sold far below market.

I'm a master crafter so I've got the tri-buff food and tri-buff potions quick slotted. I'll have to see my base stats in PVP vs PVE without the food buffs. I think the most weapon damage I've seen for any of my toons is 2700.

I've got some tinkering to do...

I'll be 49 next month so all this thinking keeps the Alzheimer away.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be 32 in June :p
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be 49 next month so all this thinking keeps the Alzheimer away.

okay - time to get weird, and, i'm blaming that on you @PhxOldGamer68 :)

i wholeheartedly agree that the problem solving aspects of gaming should most definitely help to keep your mind active and healthy (probably not the greatest thing for your eyes though)...

i'm getting ready to hit 54 this year - and, one of the traits i've noticed from those people whom are close to me and aging very well - is their social activity...a challenge for me because i have strong introvert tendencies:
    69761_0.jpg
    so, eso has become one of my outlets for extending myself socially...yeah, maybe a little feeble to some - but, i'm liking it so far :)
    Edited by geonsocal on February 24, 2017 8:56PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My father retired last year at 65. Yeah, going out and being social / active is pretty important as you continue to age. I keep encouraging him to go out and do things to keep his head active. He's got so many little side projects as a result.

ESO is kinda the same way, I have a bunch of little side projects. And I tend to grind stuff at a snails pace if I know the RNG is bad--unlike Spinner's where I spent 6 hours on a Saturday getting a shaprned 1h weapon. Grind sucked, but hey, I rolled out of that public dungeon with 120,000 gold which I turned into mats for upgrading the weapon further. That was worth it.

Like I grinded for more BSW parts last night, but only for an hour. Ended up with nothing, but I got a lot of nice drops from the Heavy Sacks inside the dungeon so I am turning a profit on crafting mats soon.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 24, 2017 9:12PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner I remember when I was your age...lol PS2 games

@geonsocal LOL ESO is my Introvert game because I can sit on a Keep wall and stare at a map and look for the fight and help defend. Even if I'm in a guild group, I'll stay silent and listen.

I keep playing this game because of all the thinking.

I'll play Destiny with my coworkers and do strikes and raids together, but it's pretty mind numbing most of the time.

And the Carpal Tunnel doesn't help when I have to use my index or pinky finger to hit R1 or R2. Ok enough of the old guy problems. lol
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner I remember when I was your age...lol PS2 games

@geonsocal LOL ESO is my Introvert game because I can sit on a Keep wall and stare at a map and look for the fight and help defend. Even if I'm in a guild group, I'll stay silent and listen.

I keep playing this game because of all the thinking.

I'll play Destiny with my coworkers and do strikes and raids together, but it's pretty mind numbing most of the time.

And the Carpal Tunnel doesn't help when I have to use my index or pinky finger to hit R1 or R2. Ok enough of the old guy problems. lol

Im 32 with crazy arthritis. I was doing a dumny test last night to see what a guildmate was doing wrong and 3minutes into it i was hating myself.

Remind me to never do trials again.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PhxOldGamer68 I have a PS2. :p:p:p

I also have 34 other consoles, some dating back to the 80s.

The PS2 is a real piece of work. Never gamed on it personally, but the model I got is on a stand and has a nice hum to it when it reads Dragon Quest 8 or FF7.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @t3hdubzy Ok now I remember why I don't do dungeons/trials. Lots of button smashing.

@Takes-No-Prisoner Nice collection. My PS2 is still plugged in for when my 7 year old wants to play Need For Speed Underground 2 to race and crash everywhere without any car damage. I had to disconnect my N64 because I couldn't get it to work with the new HDTVs.

Dreamcast unplugged with about 100 bootleg CDs.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My PS2 is still plugged in for when my 7 year old wants to play Need For Speed Underground 2 to race and crash everywhere without any car damage.

Omg I loved that game so much I wish they'd remake it :(
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    NFSU2 Remastered. Oooh I would buy if it included all the new cars and customizations...and soundtrack. I guess that wouldn't be a remaster.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while i was waiting for the recent patch to download and install i was checking out the need for speed bundle they had on sale...came real close to buying it (still might) - saw they brought back "hot pursuit" with Need for Speed Rivals...i played the heck out of that game back on the ps2...

i had a good laugh a minute ago...just imagining someone stumbling across this thread for the first time wondering: "what the heck is going on here????????"...hahahahahahahahahahaha...

we sound like a bunch of those ladies on those morning shows kicking back just talking life...

ya all rock and what makes this whole mmo thing cool :)
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved the nfs games back in the day. I have the newer one it was a good nod to the old games but i didnt play it for very long. Maybe good for downtime during updates of eso.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PhxOldGamer68 I would suggest Hist Bark instead of Pariah. So many debuffs on armour and burst builds that Pariah's 5 piece probably won't give much benefit. You are already not far off cap without it (33k resist cap).
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just moved Mnem from Arrius back to the temple. Glad I got moving, there was a blue Zerg outside Arrius and red just took it back.

Gooch tried to bomb us on the bridge but the telegraph on his bomb was obvious enough I didn't get caught in the explosions. He got meteored and bursts down quick.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 25, 2017 2:13AM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice job i just logged in when that happened
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T3hdubzy, bowed to your dead body when you got 1v3ed <3<3<3 I didn't know that was you til I looked closely :'(
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 25, 2017 3:55AM