Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• lil5566
    lil5566
    ✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Question...do you jump a lot while fighting? Another question...if you see someone jumping around, do you focus them?

My answers...not on purpose, and *** yes hah dam jumping beans.

I use a game pad that has a thumb stick. Razer Tartarus, the stick is my attacks and somtimes when I push down I hit the little thumb space bar resulting in me jumping. Ive always wondered if there is a reason a lot of players jump while fighting. Like do they just auto run and jump to target better? Ive never used a oldschool keyboard, cant even imagine how one would do all the movements and attacks at the same time. Tartarus for lyfe.

When I play Magsorc is usually the only time I jump in fights, jumping helps me time my rotations a lot.Even though I have Srendarr which helps me see when curse or other skills are about to hit, I'm so used to jumping to time my burst and has @DCeiver0 said it can also help with countering los in certain terrain.
    Edited by lil5566 on February 15, 2017 6:20PM
    Lytis or Lyt
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only jump when I'm trying to 360noscopenerds

Then you are doing it wrong. Like doing a 360 tiger no scope off a wall. If you jump off the wall it wont work. You have to just ride off the wall, 360 with movement keys and hit an attack before you hit the ground.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't no scope. I don't really play ranged builds... @Just_call_me_Cola is the no scope expert. Last night he just stood on a rock spamming snipe and poison inject while I tanked folks. It was beautiful. I ended up surrounded by dead bodies and pretty much all I did was talons and self-heal.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually Im going to go ahead and steal colas thunder on that one. I gave him that winning bow rotation. : ))
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question...do you jump a lot while fighting? Another question...if you see someone jumping around, do you focus them?

My answers...not on purpose, and *** yes hah dam jumping beans.

I use a game pad that has a thumb stick. Razer Tartarus, the stick is my attacks and somtimes when I push down I hit the little thumb space bar resulting in me jumping. Ive always wondered if there is a reason a lot of players jump while fighting. Like do they just auto run and jump to target better? Ive never used a oldschool keyboard, cant even imagine how one would do all the movements and attacks at the same time. Tartarus for lyfe.

I'll jump when using ranged abilities if their are multiple enemies stacked together to get a better angle to make sure I'm hitting the person I want. For example, say there are two enemies and I'm targeting one of them from range with a Magicka Sorc, but right before I'm about to finish him with my CFrags, the other guy ends up right in front of him. If I just cast the skill anyways, it'll probably hit the wrong target, but if I jump and have a higher angle before I cast it, it'll allow me to actually hit the guy in the back. I also find jumping can sometimes help hit somebody who is trying to LOS around a tree or rock or something.

Although sometimes I will jump around excessively when I'm just messing around just for *** and grins.
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually Im going to go ahead and steal colas thunder on that one. I gave him that winning bow rotation. : ))

Edit to rant a bit. A lot of people ask me for build advice. Its irritating as hell to then see them acting like they came up with it all on there own. A lot of the ad in this thread even, have started out running with byte, and have been given gear/build advice. Heavy armor magDK wasnt your idea, thats what I was running when you first started in bwb. I know Im being a *** right now but Ive just had enough. Adenoma, you got your magDK build from me. Cola, you got your bow build from me. Both of you came to me for advice and then market yourselves as original. Well, your *** welcome.
    GM of BYTE
    Options
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭

Edit to rant a bit. A lot of people ask me for build advice. Its irritating as hell to then see them acting like they came up with it all on there own. A lot of the ad in this thread even, have started out running with byte, and have been given gear/build advice. Heavy armor magDK wasnt your idea, thats what I was running when you first started in bwb. I know Im being a *** right now but Ive just had enough. Adenoma, you got your magDK build from me. Cola, you got your bow build from me. Both of you came to me for advice and then market yourselves as original. Well, your *** welcome.

I actually don't ever remember coming to you or anyone for the silliness that is my eagle eye. I defintly talked about it with a bunch of people about it but ultimately 5 marksman wasn't hard to come up with. As for bow rotation. Um snipe snipe snipe below 50? No snipe poison inj. There really isn't one that I use, and I hope no one told me to do that. I do remember some other real rotations people told me about that I tried but don't regularly use.

TLDR : I didn't get help with my bow build/didn't remember if you did tell me something that I used. Annnd it's to silly of a build for anyone to be proud of any way

Sorry if I forgot what you said! I do that alot
    Options
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I can't no scope. I don't really play ranged builds... @Just_call_me_Cola is the no scope expert. Last night he just stood on a rock spamming snipe and poison inject while I tanked folks. It was beautiful. I ended up surrounded by dead bodies and pretty much all I did was talons and self-heal.

The secret to no scoping is. Bows don't have a scope
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I actually don't ever remember coming to you or anyone for the silliness that is my eagle eye. I defintly talked about it with a bunch of people about it but ultimately 5 marksman wasn't hard to come up with. As for bow rotation. Um snipe snipe snipe below 50? No snipe poison inj. There really isn't one that I use, and I hope no one told me to do that. I do remember some other real rotations people told me about that I tried but don't regularly use.

TLDR : I didn't get help with my bow build/didn't remember if you did tell me something that I used. Annnd it's to silly of a build for anyone to be proud of any way

Sorry if I forgot what you said! I do that alot

You wsp me. You said you had never run a bow before. You told me what you had in mind, and I told you the simple rotation that I saw you use in your video not a week later. I also told you what poisons to use. Not sure but I think I even sent you some to try out. Not suprised you dont remember. This was before snipe was the first skill in the line ovc. Whatever Im used to it by now.
    GM of BYTE
    Options
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Oookay yea no you have me confused with someone else. I have only ever run a bow on stam builds . My snipe build was from before the bow tree change(hate it) and I had nurse send me some test poisons and then leveled it myself and looked up my own posion recipes.

I'm sure who ever you did help appreciates and acknowledges your advice. :D
    Options
  • Kazi
    Kazi
    Snipe build op
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would never recommend snipe. Its ***. Ofc it was a stam build. It was you. I remember well becase it was the one and only time you have ever wsp me. W/e Im over it.
    GM of BYTE
    Options
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    The point you were trying to make has gotten lost.

What do you guys think for stam builds now? No more bow back bar or just be a sniper. I kept heavy sniping when I meant to heavy inj inside keeps for a short time when I was on my stamblade. Besides that short time and my unaffected eagle eye Ive only been playing mag.

Bow seems alot more ineffective with out that dot given your trying to do mainly melee damage and not just snipe spam
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Valen_Byte , I have not asked you for build advice on magDK. I don't have any revolutionary build - it's not like it's something I had to theorycraft up. I don't even play the same magDK now that I used to play. I'm playing S&B/S&B right now where I started out dw/Resto and then S&B/resto. The sets I use I've changed based on what I have found successful based on testing.

I don't really understand your rant, but most of what I've played has been based on my own experience. Plus, out of three crafted sets I consider viable there isn't a lot of room for creativity.

Edit: I'm confused where this is coming from because I've literally never asked you for build advice. Nor have you asked me. The only time we've chatted about builds is when we were talking about Frank. I tend to keep all my build talk generally between @DeadlyRecluse and @Just_call_me_Cola .
    Edited by Adenoma on February 15, 2017 9:36PM
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point you were trying to make has gotten lost.

What do you guys think for stam builds now? No more bow back bar or just be a sniper. I kept heavy sniping when I meant to heavy inj inside keeps for a short time when I was on my stamblade. Besides that short time and my unaffected eagle eye Ive only been playing mag.

Bow seems alot more ineffective with out that dot given your trying to do mainly melee damage and not just snipe spam
    I've been playing around with snipe since the patch. I've found if you are far enough away, you can snipe then animation cxl heavy attack/poison injection to hit close to simultaneously with the snipe to drop 10k+.

Edited by Lumsdenml on February 15, 2017 10:09PM
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't expect either one of you to "remember" Adenoma, this was long ago when you first came into bwb. You ran in my groups. We talked about heavy armor Dk's and I explained to you how to make it a viable build. Things have changed a lot with the game. Naturally your build has changed. A rant is a rant. I guess the point of my rant is that the perception people have of some of the so called best players is crap. Unless you have been here since beta, you got build advice in part if not whole builds from someone. In the beginning there were no videos to watch. No guides to read ect. we had to learn by trial and error. The famous players of bwb usually just get there setup from someone else. meh Im an ass
    GM of BYTE
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mean to sound rude, but I've really never ran in Byte. I've enjoyed playing around them quite a bit. I pretty much only PvP'd with my friend or I did large groups a few times back when DIG was a thing. I've literally only started playing a heavy armor magDK in the last 8-9 months. Prior to that I only played light armor magDK builds in vet and nonvet. I'll give credit where credit is due and I've learned nearly all of my heavy armor magDK from Gottbeard's primer that @DeadlyRecluse showed me and then from my own play experience.
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mean to sound rude, but I've really never ran in Byte. I've enjoyed playing around them quite a bit. I pretty much only PvP'd with my friend or I did large groups a few times back when DIG was a thing. I've literally only started playing a heavy armor magDK in the last 8-9 months. Prior to that I only played light armor magDK builds in vet and nonvet. I'll give credit where credit is due and I've learned nearly all of my heavy armor magDK from Gottbeard's primer that @DeadlyRecluse showed me and then from my own play experience.

OMFG you are out of your mind. When you first started, or told me that you first started in bwb, (had a feeling that wasnt true) you ran in byte several times. Before you started GONB. You even asked me to lead your group for you when you pushed for emp the first time. I was in third place that week. I organized the pushes that crowned you and deadly that week. Then as a thank you, you guys crowned me 30 min after I got home from work. Still grateful for that. Ya you ran light armor Dk, thats why you asked me how I was running heavy, given at the time, no one did. Shortly after, you started running heavy.

This is pointless. I have no point. I think this is all coming from all the ego stroking that goes on here and in game. Im just sick of it and salty af.

/rant

Edited by Valen_Byte on February 15, 2017 11:20PM
    GM of BYTE
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it help if I said you all suck?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suck.
    Options
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

Yes. And btw, Deciever and I are cooking up something to counter the magicka dk plague that has begun to sweep cyrodil.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a magDK plague? I actually haven't noticed one. It's still an underpowered class relative to others - in both vet and nonvet.
    Options
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a magDK plague? I actually haven't noticed one. It's still an underpowered class relative to others - in both vet and nonvet.

Hence the " begun". I wish ppl got my jokes... the internet is no place for inflection.
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless you have been here since beta, you got build advice in part if not whole builds from someone. In the beginning there were no videos to watch. No guides to read ect. we had to learn by trial and error. The famous players of bwb usually just get there setup from someone else.

Personally, I've never been a fan of those build videos and guides. I prefer to go with my instinct and if it's bad I just change it up.
    Those guides doesn't take into account your playstyle anyway. But I will admit that I asked a few friends about stam builds recently cause it's really my weak point. Oh and pve builds too cause pvp and pve are surprisingly hella different.

LIES! MAG DK OP!
    Edited by Raknosh on February 16, 2017 12:43AM
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nvmd...I need a forum break hah

Edited by Valen_Byte on February 16, 2017 1:01AM
    GM of BYTE
    Options
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »

LIES

I will also say tht while there are not a ton of Mag dks, the ones that are around are very op. They are not underpowered as far as I can tell. Plus if Rak calls you out, you know you're in trouble....
    Edited by Enipfodnuos on February 16, 2017 2:18AM
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really think you all suck.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really do suck.

That being said any AD or EP or DC run into Uzul gro- Uzmoktul? It's my latest heal bot. Heir to Krogmak gro-Uzmoktul. Since I rarely group and don't run add-ons, save for lorebook/skyshard, it's hard for me to tell his impact.

I've also been thinking about rolling an EP char but your population is good now. I've been DC always but I've started to wonder what it's like to horse sim from Arrius to Chal instead of bleaks to Chal. :)
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »

LIES

I will also say tht while there are not a ton of Mag dks, the ones that are around are very op. They t not underpowered as far as I can tell. Plus if Rak calls you out, you know your in trouble....

I don't know if I would call Mag DK underpowered, but if you were to rank the Magicka and Stamina version of all the classes, I would say Mag DK is still somewhere in the bottom four. I do think that Mag DK is one of the more difficult classes to play effectively right now, but can be very strong when played well. And that could explain your observation. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that quite a few people have tried playing Mag DK, only to get frustrated and decide to start playing another class instead, and the ones that you do tend to run into are the players who have stuck with it long enough to actually become good with it. That's pretty much what happened to me, as I started playing on my Mag DK around a year ago, but got frustrated with feeling so weak and started playing other classes instead. It wasn't until a couple months ago that I decided to pick it back up and actually stick with it, and I am really glad I did because on the other side of things, once you start to get good with Mag DK, it can feel just as strong as any other class out there, and is really fun to play.
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

No, you!
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
This discussion has been closed.