The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    I mean that's fine btw. I was pretty annoyed last fall during DCs 4 month losing streak. Tbh I'm getting sick of winning.....
  • anamenobodyelsehas
    anamenobodyelsehas
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this makes me a jerk, but I kind of like "twinking" on low level characters. I've been leveling up my new Magicka DK, and this guy in Auridon was apparently dueling people and talking trash, so I said I'd duel him. He started telling me I don't know what kind of trouble I'm getting into, then I killed him in about 10 seconds on my level 9 character.

Idk, is it mean if I only do that to people who are talking trash?

I don't think it is conditional, really. Either it is mean to twink on low level characters or it isn't. Making it conditional, i.e. only wrecking people on the basis of "they had it coming/they were asking for it" is a slippery slope.

Me personally, I think it is just a game, so I wouldn't even worry about whether killing someone is mean or not, regardless of the circumstances.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean that's fine btw. I was pretty annoyed last fall during DCs 4 month losing streak. Tbh I'm getting sick of winning.....

Yup. I finally get a day off and log in early this morning to a blue map. It still baffles me that people choose to PvE in Cyrodiil. I mean there isn't a whole lot of content. Lame
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged out at 4AM and we only had Warden left at that point lol. Map seems to be moving a lot more since the AP update and/or EP gaining some numbers back. Even in DC, there's tons of players I have never seen before that are here every day. With the regional vendor selling cheap stuff, maybe people don't farm WB anymore and just buy the items with AP I guess.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

Yup. I finally get a day off and log in early this morning to a blue map. It still baffles me that people choose to PvE in Cyrodiil. I mean there isn't a whole lot of content. Lame

Stridig we have a good many oceanic players who only pvp, what else are they suppose to do when they're on and the other two factions pop is low? Sit in ash and circle jerk? They have every right to play the game when they can.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would join another alliance to try and fight other oceanic players and not NPCs.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I would join another alliance to try and fight other oceanic players and not NPCs.

Awwww well aren't you just lil mister altruistic!!! There was a time not long ago when all the oceanic/off peak hour players were on AD side and every morning the map was yellow. An entire guild full of them. i don't recall any of them switching alliances. I wonder if it's because they were all friends in the same guild from the same country who enjoyed playing together? Adenoma, you have contracted a holier then thou attitude of late. You might wanna check yourself before you wreck yourself.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did roll a DC during that period. I don't feel like I've wrecked myself.
    Edited by Adenoma on February 18, 2017 7:18PM
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did roll a DC during that period. I don't feel like I've wrecked myself.

Out of context, later in the timeline then when AD had an oceanic presence, you don't play at oceanic primetime, again an attempt at being holier then thou. Stop it.
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I rolled DC when AD was dominant. I don't think that's me being holier than thou, I think that's me doing what I said I would do if I played during oceanic primetime and I were the PvDoor alliance.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this makes me a jerk, but I kind of like "twinking" on low level characters. I've been leveling up my new Magicka DK, and this guy in Auridon was apparently dueling people and talking trash, so I said I'd duel him. He started telling me I don't know what kind of trouble I'm getting into, then I killed him in about 10 seconds on my level 9 character.

Idk, is it mean if I only do that to people who are talking trash?

I don't think it is conditional, really. Either it is mean to twink on low level characters or it isn't. Making it conditional, i.e. only wrecking people on the basis of "they had it coming/they were asking for it" is a slippery slope.

Me personally, I think it is just a game, so I wouldn't even worry about whether killing someone is mean or not, regardless of the circumstances.

I mean, its not like I was on a low level character intentionally looking for fights; I'm just a PVPer who happened to be in the process of leveling a new character when I saw somebody talking trash over duels. I don't even know that "twinking" is an accurate term for it, I just used it because that's what one of the people who watched me called it.

That being said, I'm really not worried about it. For me, it was all in good fun, and regardless of whether or not people consider it mean or bad-mannered or whatever, what can I say? Nobody is perfect.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TipsyDrow wrote: »

Stridig we have a good many oceanic players who only pvp, what else are they suppose to do when they're on and the other two factions pop is low? Sit in ash and circle jerk? They have every right to play the game when they can.

Never said they didn't have the right to play. I said it baffles me that they would choose to PvE in Cyrodiil. Read what I wrote. If all they do is pvp then they should do that in a campaign that has pop at their hours. You can't tell me they are ALL new players without vet toons.
    Edited by Stridig on February 18, 2017 8:06PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been in all campaigns today. I just logged into BwB and we only had 3 keeps. Is it ok to play now?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Classic AD vs DC forum fight. Quick someone from EP get in on this !!
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I have been in all campaigns today. I just logged into BwB and we only had 3 keeps. Is it ok to play now?

I shall allow it
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I shall allow it

Too late :) I am out stealing stuff :) Question? Is there a place I can buy extra bag space? I kind of killed a few people and I don't think i should go back into town.

• ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I shall allow it

Too late :) I am out stealing stuff :) Question? Is there a place I can buy extra bag space? I kind of killed a few people and I don't think i should go back into town.

Yes, its called "The Crown Store".
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Classic AD vs DC forum fight. Quick someone from EP get in on this !!

We are not fighting, I am having a chit chat with my friend Adenoma. Who is in need of perspective, as he has done for me on occasion. As for Stridig.....that's DC on DC violence and I
    am sure he'll verbally spank me in game later. Also...Cloak-A-Cola....I'm coming for you!!!
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that I have a need, but I'll listen. Like I said - when things got bad with AD zerging @Just_call_me_Cola and I played some DC because AD was boring.
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭

NO!
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know that I have a need, but I'll listen. Like I said - when things got bad with AD zerging @Just_call_me_Cola and I played some DC because AD was boring.

Honestly I've never seen you in DC, but I play sporadically. IMO faction swapping to cure game mechanics is ineffectual. It seems like when one person does it so does everyone else, or some other unforseen thing happens effecting the servers Balance. I think it's just a matter of time. All you really need is patience.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly I've never seen you in DC, but I play sporadically. IMO faction swapping to cure game mechanics is ineffectual. It seems like when one person does it so does everyone else, or some other unforseen thing happens effecting the servers Balance. I think it's just a matter of time. All you really need is patience.

I've played with him. It wasn't to cure anything other than boredom due to pop imbalances. It was very unfortunate the way DC treated him too. Embarrassing actually.
    Edited by Stridig on February 18, 2017 10:20PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

half of current ep are former ad and dc players or returning players from those factions (myself).
    Edited by Mjollo on February 18, 2017 10:20PM
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say this last week is as close to balance as campaigns get. I remember a time when DC barely even existed and it was just a red and yellow zerg fighting on the Alessia bridge constantly. That was like a year and a half ago. Before Sotha collapsed and then EP went down with it shortly later
    Ours is the Fury
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭

I shall allow it

The cyrodill horse vendor is your only option if you got a bounty. I had that problem too
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enipfodnuos , I never did it for balance. Like @Stridig said - I did it for boredom.

@Lumsdenml , WHY DID EP WANT DRAKE SO BADLY?
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, i'd just like to clear up the misconception that there's nothing happenning at night. There's tons of fighting, and good fights actually, happenning until like 5-8AM. There tends to be a breaking point where one faction outperforms the other, and when the allnighters realize for whom the tide is turning, they either stay because they're winning or leave because they'e losing. The real dead zone in the week is like from 9AM til 3PM, when there's usually few players who want to play a map that has usually switched to one color, and few players period because it's too late in Australia and work time in NA.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭

I've played with him. It wasn't to cure anything other than boredom due to pop imbalances. It was very unfortunate the way DC treated him too. Embarrassing actually.
    @Enipfodnuos , I never did it for balance. Like @Stridig said - I did it for boredom.

@Lumsdenml , WHY DID EP WANT DRAKE SO BADLY?

I'm not happy you were treated poorly Adenoma. It's a back handed compliment I suppose though.
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭

It was only a few DC players who treated Adenoma poorly and one who just crossed every line ya could think of. Many of us in DC including myself stuck up for Adenoma.
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    The cyrodill horse vendor is your only option if you got a bounty. I had that problem too

Thank you :) It was my first time murdering for gold and I forgot to increase my bag space. I was following the route that Saber put up on the website.

This discussion has been closed.