The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Trueflame resources should not give any points.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Pchela wrote: »
    I think a better solution would be to decrease the score evaluation interval to 20-30 minutes. This would better enable small groups to contribute to the score.

If small group play at resources was more impactful through the course of an entire hour--vs the final 5-10 minutes--more players would do it. This would have two positive effects: server lag would be reduced with players more spread out and responses to resource fights would be less zergy as there would be more to respond to.

Last time I went to take a resource there were no 'small groups' defending it, and no 'small groups' came to take it back, it was full on tsunami.

That was my point. If a greater number of resources were being challenged, the response to each of them would, in theory, be less zergy.

Doubt it. As long as resources flip so much faster with a large group than a small one, that solo/duo/small group flipping resources can't keep up the pace. There's no benefit to splitting up a large group into small ones to take resources.

I like the idea of random score evaluations.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Also, it's quite amusing to see players who participate in 24men ballgroups complain about zerging. Cap your group at 16, then talk. Until that happens, your words will come in one ear and go off the other.

Props to Vokundein, Invictus, Haxus, Flame, Fengrush's squad, K-Hole, Adamant, Rage, Alacrity, No Mercy, Condemned for running medium groups, keeping it clean and competitive until battlegrounds get released.

@frozywozy
    Most of those groups didn't cap at 16, and two of them ran 20+ each on the last day of the campaign and stacked on top of each other like PM to flip keeps.

I am, however, glad to see we've moved up from glorifying small scale PvP to medium scale PvP. It's an improvement!
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, it's quite amusing to see players who participate in 24men ballgroups complain about zerging. Cap your group at 16, then talk. Until that happens, your words will come in one ear and go off the other.

Props to Vokundein, Invictus, Haxus, Flame, Fengrush's squad, K-Hole, Adamant, Rage, Alacrity, No Mercy, Condemned for running medium groups, keeping it clean and competitive until battlegrounds get released.

Funny. This one hasn't run more than 14 in a group for months with the average coming in at 7-9. But they still get accused of 'zerging' by people whose groups move like conjoined siblings who spit fire, and poop purges.

But maybe you can sit down and talk to such grumpy elves and let them know the good work Khajiit does with those 'massive' 10 man PUG groups they've been running the last few weeks. Then perhaps they won't be getting so upset that they and their dozen buddies had to use more than 2 skills to win a fight.

Especially since they've usually gained a lot of AP by the time they wipe...usually from Telel.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should of capped group size at 12 in my opinion. Personally prefer 8 but the 12 would match more with trials
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have an issue with large scale battles, nor do I have an issue with small scale. There is an issue however, when numbers are not balanced. Unfortunately, that's not really an area players can easily control. If they know another guild is running, they can try to go elsewhere, but if that guild needs support because they're up against an opposing faction stacking more players than they can handle, they may have to temporarily join forces.
    There are many leaders I've had the pleasure of following who I've seen make a conscious effort to not run alongside another group.
    One of the more difficult and somewhat ridiculous instances I've seen is when it takes 6 or more players to take down just 1. These builds are amazing and I'm sure I'll never have that skill to accomplish this myself, but in those cases, you may need more to succeed against such strong builds. I'm seeing more and more of this, which is great for them, but then I would think they can't be upset if they die to what they might call a "Zerg". I can only guess that's part of the "fun" of creating such a build. To be able to take on so many players at one time. So, you may end up with a "Zerg" for just a small group if the players in that small group are all running these builds.
    Cyrodiil is an ongoing 24/7 battle. People play whenever they want, even if it's not convenient for the other factions. If there are hundreds on one side, and only thirty to fifty on the other two sides, chances are, the side with the overwhelming numbers will succeed.
    I would love it if Zos would be willing to at least consider a campaign where it had a sliding population bar of sorts. Where there could not be more than a set number of difference between factions. For instance, if my faction already has fifty more players in the campaign than the other two, I cannot join this campaign until their numbers increase by a set amount, or mine decrease.
    I've played other mmos that have implemented this, but I can imagine this might be more difficult to achieve in a 24/7 battle.
    Either way, it is a bit frustrating and disheartening to constantly be run down by massive numbers.
    Edited by Delphinia on January 30, 2017 9:05PM
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, perhaps how the scoring is evaluated needs to be changed - It should be scoring every minute based on current live conditions, not once an hour where everything that happens in-between means nothing.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should name the game Chalman Mine Online. That point on the map is worth more than the actual elder Scrolls and receives a million times more attention by the PvP community.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like Satiar said, there are zero groups on this list that, while they may specifically have fewer players in their group, haven't stacked with other groups and pugs frequently. Honestly, this self-aggrandizing is pathetic at best.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Like Satiar said, there are zero groups on this list that, while they may specifically have fewer players in their group, haven't stacked with other groups and pugs frequently. Honestly, this self-aggrandizing is pathetic at best.

Easily said, the facts are, they cap at 16. The rest, you can see it in the videos if you browse forums. You will see that they don't need to stack with other guilds to perform well, unlike all the ballgroups who run with 20 players or more because they can't do anything with 16 or less. I just can't wait for the next aoe changes, that shall be alot of fun.
    Edited by frozywozy on January 31, 2017 5:43AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Easily said, the facts are, they cap at 16. The rest, you can see it in the videos if you browse forums. You will see that they don't need to stack with other guilds to perform well, unlike all the ballgroups who run with 20 players or more because they can't do anything with 16 or less. I just can't wait for the next aoe changes, that shall be alot of fun.

Don't forget removing the stunning effect from templar shards.

Since certain blobmer seem to rely on that for half of their 'skill based gameplay' this one imagines that some of them will be suddenly getting bored with their templars and deciding to move to 'something new and fresh'.

Though how magika derp knights will be new and fresh is not something khajiit is ready to speculate upon. Especially when most of them are likely to be vampires wielding destro sticks.

Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Esgameplaya1
    Esgameplaya1
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should name the game Chalman Mine Online. That point on the map is worth more than the actual elder Scrolls and receives a million times more attention by the PvP community.

Yeh for some reason when my character gets to this area I become instantly bored, oh and the bridge also!!

numMnpG.gif

Edited by Esgameplaya1 on January 31, 2017 4:30PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

Since certain blobmer seem to rely on that for half of their 'skill based gameplay' this one imagines that some of them will be suddenly getting bored with their templars and deciding to move to 'something new and fresh'.

Though how magika derp knights will be new and fresh is not something khajiit is ready to speculate upon. Especially when most of them are likely to be vampires wielding destro sticks.

Just like some cats nightblades moved from bombard spam to something else, I Imagine templars will also adjust to the new meta accordingly.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make holding a resource more important than capping it (whoever holds a resource for the greatest percentage of the last score cycle gets the point)?

Now there is no incentive to ninjaflip before reset, but a big incentive to hold as many resources as possible for as long as possible.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most large guilds I know of, my guild, VE Fantasia etc I have seen perform perfectly well with 16 or less.

When PM runs below 16 (which happens more often than you would think) we usually do perfectly fine. Just cause some guilds run above what you consider to be the correct number of players to have in a group does not mean they are bad and stack together to perform well. Perhaps they do it cause they like large scale zerg v zerg warfare.
    Edited by NACtron on January 31, 2017 7:13PM
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    4v4v4 battlegrounds soon. I'll be surprised if I ever make it into Cyrodiil again lol
    Edited by No_True_Scotsman on January 31, 2017 7:45PM
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just like some cats nightblades moved from bombard spam to something else, I Imagine templars will also adjust to the new meta accordingly.

Yes, some did rely on that a bit much didn't they? Fortunately certain humble khajiit are known to be constantly altering their builds rather than simply relying on what makes them 'got gud'.

And somehow that humble one can still get angry elf words whispered at them by those who have gone and 'got gud'. In fact they're so humble they somehow count as up to six players despite being told how utterly terrible they are.

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    4v4v4 battlegrounds soon. I'll be surprised if I ever make it into Cyrodiil again lol
    ...Because you'll be too busy getting one shot by 2hand ults to queue up? :smirk:
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    ...Because you'll be too busy getting one shot by 2hand ults to queue up? :smirk:

omg it happened like twice shush sorc
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭

I've long thought a campaign ruleset that capped groups at 12 or 16 would be fun and perhaps help with performance.
    - ad scrub -
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChrisXO wrote: »

I've long thought a campaign ruleset that capped groups at 12 or 16 would be fun and perhaps help with performance.

Which would be fine if the ratio of group leaders to LFG spammers wasn't as terrible as it is now.

You can't really expect all those hand holders and newbs to spread out unless people stop being elfish and take some time to grab a few and drag them off for a bit of education.

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Which would be fine if the ratio of group leaders to LFG spammers wasn't as terrible as it is now.

You can't really expect all those hand holders and newbs to spread out unless people stop being elfish and take some time to grab a few and drag them off for a bit of education.

Again, there is a big difference between a 24men group of pugs running mostly single target abilities, without max cps and an organized 24men ballgroup using teamspeak communication to synchronize ultimate drops, prox dets and aoes all together. The last one causes alot more performance issues.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm laughing at this statement.

"We're great we only run 16 players in our groups." Sure that's all you have in your group but what's the other 2 raids you are running next to, cannon fodder? Don't pretend no one is buying that lemon you are selling.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a better solution would be to decrease the score evaluation interval to 20-30 minutes. This would better enable small groups to contribute to the score.

If small group play at resources was more impactful through the course of an entire hour--vs the final 5-10 minutes--more players would do it. This would have two positive effects: server lag would be reduced with players more spread out and responses to resource fights would be less zergy as there would be more to respond to.

Now this is great idea. Evaluation every 30 minutes, and if that does not help, make it 20 minutes.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »

"We're great we only run 16 players in our groups." Sure that's all you have in your group but what's the other 2 raids you are running next to, cannon fodder? Don't pretend no one is buying that lemon you are selling.

Again, this is easily said. Invictus and Haxus have a ton of video footage with the Miat's addon on demonstrating disgusting outnumbered fights 12-16 vs 30-50 but still killing them (without any other EPs around). They are all over these forums.

Where are your 16men group DK clips bro?
    Edited by frozywozy on February 1, 2017 2:09PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, it's Frozn trying to shame other players from artificially capping their groups even though I often see his small man in an EP faction stack.

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh look, it's Frozn trying to shame other players from artificially capping their groups even though I often see his small man in an EP faction stack.

Again, for the third time, everyone zerg surf in this game from time to time. There is no shame in that. Sometimes you are just tired and you don't feel like doing the efforts to fight outnumbered which require a certain level of skills.

Problem is, some people never challenge themselves to go make their own fights and constantly run with absurd numbers zerging one player down with 4x more all the way across the map.

Then they come here and complain about zerging.

This is from this morning. Again, where is your proof that you challenge yourself unstacking from your own faction and do some efforts to help server performances?
    Edited by frozywozy on February 1, 2017 5:40PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love that no one takes Frozn seriously lmao
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love that no one takes Frozn seriously lmao

haters gonna hate.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, there is a big difference between a 24men group of pugs running mostly single target abilities, without max cps and an organized 24men ballgroup using teamspeak communication to synchronize ultimate drops, prox dets and aoes all together. The last one causes alot more performance issues.

Yes, this one is well acquainted with the performance issues that seem to follow certain Blobmer around the map wherever they go.

However that does not do much to resolve the very real fact that there is a decided shortage of people willing, and competent, enough to grab some randoms and try to drag them away from the big fights. Which is what is required if people honestly want to spread their faction out across the map.

Sadly most of the 'good' players are just to elfish to remove themselves from the hips of their blobs long enough to try and lead some randoms around. Especially as it might mean....less AP an hour, and or fewer youtube montages.

Which leaves the three or four people willing to herd players with a tough quandary.

Do they cap their groups and deny newer people a chance to learn, which just means more people running to one spot anyways?

Or do they take on as many as they can and risk 'the wrath' of the blobmer and zone generals who are themselves refusing to help with the problem?

With all the being said that leaves but one simple question.

How does one get all the zone generals, and zerg shamers to grow a set of khajiit parts and start leading the groups they're demanding that other people run?

• Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »

Again, this is easily said. Invictus and Haxus have a ton of video footage with the Miat's addon on demonstrating disgusting outnumbered fights 12-16 vs 30-50 but still killing them (without any other EPs around). They are all over these forums.

Where are your 16men group DK clips bro?

Screenshot_20170126_203037.png