TANKS THAT DEAL DAMAGE?

• Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Xinthisis wrote: »
    Dyride wrote: »
    Most of the damage is coming from Greatsword+10% Followup damage from 2H heavy attack+Crit Rush autocrit combo.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were running Shadow mundus for Crit Rush.

Keen eye there. Don't forget putting a ton of dot damage on shields since they aren't crittable. Dots rip shields.

Mechanics folks, mechanics win fights.

I'm sorry but you have provided no qualitative information in either your video or this thread outside of confirming the already well-known Malubeth.

So, and please be frank with me here, is this a "HEY MA LOOK WHAT I CAN DO" thread or a "Here's some information on how to develop your PVP tank" thread. Because the latter simply doesn't exist insofar as the former does.

So, you're mad? I did describe tactics and techniques in the video that we utilize to win fights. How most tanks just stand there being useless. How we actually have pressure to force fights.

If malubeth is so great then why aren't there 100's of people doing what we're doing? Because they don't know how to do what we do.

Malubeth is one piece of a giant web of mechanics. Read through the comments and you'll see some insight from other players that understand it. This is a series so the first episode is just an introduction.
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    Notice the dodge procs. Either they found a way to exploit major evasion (not that any decent player worth respect would do that) or Xin is wearing Histbark.

Either way, smart play to apply burst during Shield Wall ultimate along with good target focusing means they don't have to be doing that much damage.

The first set I thought of was Bastion of the Heartland. Very good PvP tanking set.

The answer could be both. Hist bark displays a white effect on the player when it is active, but that does not mean he is actually using the set. If you notice that white effect will be active on him even while not blocking. That is because this set has a bug in it, and they mentioned it being fixed on the pts.

I was using this set on a pve tanking build and essentially discovered that it can bug on your character. In some cases removing the armor and reloging will not remove it (it does eventually go away though). This is said to be fixed in the patch notes, but as it stands you can have the five piece of hist bark and wear another set. I was never able to actually figure out what causes this, but it would happen almost everyday after a round of tanking pledges. I would hope no player would actually have an interest in trying to bug this and essentially exploiting the 5 piece, but there is no way to really tell.The easiest way to notice this is the white effect on the character, but only the user can see the effect.

This is most likely the answer you are looking for.

Hmm, that's interesting. I always felt that it was just an animation bug though. I don't think it actually applied the dodge chance, but if so oh well. Good thing zos is fixing it.

For someone that is all about "mechanics" I think we can take this as an admission.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the damage is coming from Greatsword+10% Followup damage from 2H heavy attack+Crit Rush autocrit combo.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were running Shadow mundus for Crit Rush.

Keen eye there. Don't forget putting a ton of dot damage on shields since they aren't crittable. Dots rip shields.

Mechanics folks, mechanics win fights.

I'm sorry but you have provided no qualitative information in either your video or this thread outside of confirming the already well-known Malubeth.

So, and please be frank with me here, is this a "HEY MA LOOK WHAT I CAN DO" thread or a "Here's some information on how to develop your PVP tank" thread. Because the latter simply doesn't exist insofar as the former does.

So, you're mad? I did describe tactics and techniques in the video that we utilize to win fights. How most tanks just stand there being useless. How we actually have pressure to force fights.

If malubeth is so great then why aren't there 100's of people doing what we're doing? Because they don't know how to do what we do.

Malubeth is one piece of a giant web of mechanics. Read through the comments and you'll see some insight from other players that understand it. This is a series so the first episode is just an introduction.

There is a significant difference between qualitative and quantitative. However, this is not a class of any sorts so I'll leave you to that.
    I know for sure that you're running Malubeth and Hide of the werewolf. I would guess fury or duneripper for last set depending if you want to be more tanky or hit harder.

He is receiving Tava's buff in this video - easily verifiable by watching multiple consecutive ticks of 6 ult.
    Edited by usmcjdking on January 5, 2017 2:47AM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hist Bark: Fixed an issue where the Major Evasion proc granted by this item set could become permanently applied in rare circumstances.

We will see how well this build performs next patch. Hist bark/tavas/werewolf/malubeth is pretty strong.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 5, 2017 3:08AM
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hist Bark: Fixed an issue where the Major Evasion proc granted by this item set could become permanently applied in rare circumstances.

We will see how well this build performs next patch. Hist bark/tavas/werewolf/malubeth is pretty strong.

It performs just as well, it will just be overshadowed by Magplars that perma block on Icestaff and s/b.

It's not based around dodge, its just a mechanic that add's on to the capability of it.

*edited* weapons are a thing, and that thing is OP.

Cant let out too much now.
    Edited by Xinthisis on January 5, 2017 3:55AM

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess:

Malubeth + Hist bark + werewolf hide
    HA 5/1/1 or MA 5/1/1 I'm note sure but prob HA thought not sure he needs the extra resist... just the constitution or wrath passive.

enchants are stamina on armor. Jewelry enchants weapon dmg. Mundus stone is shadow (crit rush synergy).

S&B: vitality draining poison, another 8% healing received. OR health draining (tristat)
    2H: weapon dmg enchant

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Notice the dodge procs. Either they found a way to exploit major evasion (not that any decent player worth respect would do that) or Xin is wearing Histbark.

Either way, smart play to apply burst during Shield Wall ultimate along with good target focusing means they don't have to be doing that much damage.

The first set I thought of was Bastion of the Heartland. Very good PvP tanking set.

Notice the patch notes for homestead include a fix for the major evasion bug from hist bark.
    The bug has been here a while and not publicly advertised (thank god) but you can permanently have the hist bark major evasion bonus WITHOUT wearing the set.

When doing so, enemy players have no visual clue or cannot tell that you are wearing hist bark, as the white animation only shows on your screen. The only way for people to tell that you are cheating is when you record gameplay and show it off.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And now that I look more closely, I see the hist bark animation in the video, when he is not blocking. There you go, 95% chandce of major evasion exploit.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He is receiving Tava's buff in this video - easily verifiable by watching multiple consecutive ticks of 6 ult.

Tavas procs for 9 ultimate, not 6.
    6 ultimate is simply a regulat utt tick + an igneous shield ult tick for example.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

Notice the patch notes for homestead include a fix for the major evasion bug from hist bark.
    The bug has been here a while and not publicly advertised (thank god) but you can permanently have the hist bark major evasion bonus WITHOUT wearing the set.

When doing so, enemy players have no visual clue or cannot tell that you are wearing hist bark, as the white animation only shows on your screen. The only way for people to tell that you are cheating is when you record gameplay and show it off.

"mechanics"
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    I would hope no player would actually have an interest in trying to bug this and essentially exploiting the 5 piece, but there is no way to really tell.The easiest way to notice this is the white effect on the character, but only the user can see the effect.

This is most likely the answer you are looking for.

Someone has showed me how to achieve the bug. It's super easy to replicate and to activate whenever you want. The effect is removed upon death, which means if you have it by accident, you aren't going to keep it for very long and it's not much of an issue. If you have it for all your fights, I don't believe in the accident.

I won't reveal how to achieve it so as to not ruin the month of pvp we have left before the fix goes live. (and it's against the tos anyways).

Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    My guess:

Malubeth + Hist bark + werewolf hide
    HA 5/1/1 or MA 5/1/1 I'm note sure but prob HA thought not sure he needs the extra resist... just the constitution or wrath passive.

enchants are stamina on armor. Jewelry enchants weapon dmg. Mundus stone is shadow (crit rush synergy).

S&B: vitality draining poison, another 8% healing received. OR health draining (tristat)
    2H: weapon dmg enchant

lol, good try.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually... it is quite entertaining to look at a video and try to piece together what sets someone is wearing.

I am quite certain he is using Ravaging and the Malubeth set is easy to see. When his arms glow orange, that is Ravaging proc'ing.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Etaniel Why dont you upload anymore? Do you still pvp? You had one of the best ESO pvp montages of all time. When people ask about what 1.5 mag dk was like, I link "Genocide".

I noticed that too. idk, animations are weird in this game. Something with s/b ult and crashing.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Etaniel Why dont you upload anymore? Do you still pvp? You had one of the best ESO pvp montages of all time. When people ask about what 1.5 mag dk was like, I link "Genocide".

I noticed that too. idk, animations are weird in this game. Something with s/b ult and crashing.

Don't have much time on my hands :
    -levelling my NA account
    -killing pidgeons on bf1
    -crappy prime time performance when I get home from work meaning even if I wanted to I couldn't get good fights to record.
    -Hardware issues that forced me to reinstall windows and not play for a while.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    Actually... it is quite entertaining to look at a video and try to piece together what sets someone is wearing.

I am quite certain he is using Ravaging and the Malubeth set is easy to see. When his arms glow orange, that is Ravaging proc'ing.

So maybe Ravaging, Malubeth, Tava's, and bugged hist bark? There is def some extra ult generation going on.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Am i missing something. Didnt he just prove u are using an exploit/bug and you act like nothing wrong? Smh
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »

Am i missing something. Didnt he just prove u are using an exploit/bug and you act like nothing wrong? Smh

No no no, "mechanics" ;)
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »

This here is the problem with e-peening. Showing yourself exploiting game bugs and then coming to the forums and saying cute things like game mechanics when you are exploiting and getting more than 2 5-piece bonuses through exploiting. GG. Bet you used multiple mundus stones too.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez bruh I'm still trying to figure out a dk and y'all already came up with a great build. I'm a little jelly great build bruh.
    Smiff
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez bruh I'm still trying to figure out a dk and y'all already came up with a great build. I'm a little jelly great build bruh.

TBF, any build is good if you are using 3 5-piece bonuses.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't tell you what I'm running = I'm exploiting.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magus wrote: »

Actually quite a few people know the build, including myself (or variations of it at least). It just requires some testing of different sets. I can't comment on hist bark or not cause I don't play with him as I play on EU but I do speak to him on TS and I got the correct build (or at least one variation of the build) after testing out a lot of different sets.

Put some thought into it and you'll work out the build.
  • Lord_Invel
    Lord_Invel
    ✭✭✭
    @Xinthisis yeah sadly in todays cyrodiil mechanics wins a fight and not skillful gameplay. :neutral:
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »
    Magus wrote: »

Actually quite a few people know the build, including myself (or variations of it at least). It just requires some testing of different sets. I can't comment on hist bark or not cause I don't play with him as I play on EU but I do speak to him on TS and I got the correct build (or at least one variation of the build) after testing out a lot of different sets.

Put some thought into it and you'll work out the build.

Decent.

There are a whole number of combination of builds that could tank like this. In the video itself, it's more or less teamwork keeping him alive and the 1h+shield ulitmate. All of that is irrelevant now that it is clear him and Sribes exploit his bark major evasion and benefit from 3+ 5 piece bonuses.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    PC/NA
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For all we know it truly is an accident. I mean he doesn't have the animation on all the clips so we can't know for sure. I don't know Xin personnaly, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I didn't post my comment in order to bash anyone, just to educate people on the fact that such an exploit is possible and currently present in the game.

Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thread will probably be closed. EU drama is OP. Oh well, funny how people think malubeth or having 20% dodge chance allows a person to tank like we did. In that case, everyone should go out there and try it. @Magus did state it, its about teamwork. I really am almost tempted to just say exactly what we're doing, but then everyone would be out there perma tanking with enough burst to win fights. In this patch, and the next. Since, you know, zos didn't change much at all balance wise.

I said it before, I'll say it again. The build does not revolve around dodge, as many things in game are undodgeable. Shoot, many things are unblockable. Heal debuffs are constantly on us. Yet we still can tank. Mechanics.

Believe what you want, just know that zos leaves many things far too easy to stack on top on each other. One person stated the synergy between 2h Heavy+Crit rush. That is just one piece.

ESO is buggy.

I could show you guys a clip where I crashed in cyro, logged back in and none of the keeps spawned.

ESO is broken, and I'm a guy that actually reports broken things.(well I used to, after a while I gave up trying. For instance, siphoning attacks still doesn't proc on shields.)

:( RIP Melee Magicka NB Bruiser build.

Anyway, take care folks.

P.S Look into major heroism

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few comments were removed please remember to try to be respectful to one another.
    Staff Post
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭

You'll get it bro, you're a good theory crafter and you actually test things out. Unlike most who just take others words for it.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    @Xinthisis yeah sadly in todays cyrodiil mechanics wins a fight and not skillful gameplay. :neutral:

Next patch they made it to where NOT cc breaking is EVEN better now. lol full 7 seconds cc immunity. lol

Eventually I'm just going to make a dk that can one shot people with dw heavy attack while permablocking and tanking zergs. Only need a little bit more of everything. Maybe around 750 cp it will be possible. Especially because they'll add in some new broken sets or mechanics.

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-