The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If Stamina versions of the classes could have 3 nerfs, what nerfs would they be? Opinions...

FearlessOne_2014
FearlessOne_2014
✭✭✭✭✭
Reduce evasion chance to %5 on Evasion and all of it's morphs.

Move dodge rolling, blocking, and breaking free to another bar.

Reduce the damage on all of their abilities by %40.

Discuss!
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buff magicka
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    buff magicka

Yup!

FTLOG just give sorcs a real 3rd skill tree and make pets a world tree. It doesn't even have to be a good tree at all.

Heard Help is on the way for MagDKs

Temps well fix the broken gap closer and figure something out with eclipse and healing ritual. Also radiant aura should stack with potions.
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL

reduce breath of life healing by 40%, all damage shields power for 40% and also something else, maybe damage etc pl0x
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduce Shuffle duration to 12 seconds. That's pretty much it
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuffle need to be nerfed to 10% evasion, at least.
    Redguard adrenaline rush passive need to be change for a flat stamina recovery instead of a percentage.
    No other nerf need to be done IMO, at least not on stamina itself.

Other change who may be good :
    - magicka and stamina cost of skill are not balanced, magicka cost need to be diminished.
    - light armor need a serious buff, for his damage but also for his utilities.
    - burst set need to be toned down, seriously. Mostly stamina set here, but do not give magicka he same thing.
    - HA damage need to be seriously nerfed, but armor penetration also need a nerf. HA should be tanky without shield but not bursty.
    - destruction staff need a major overhault, with a clear separation for the three staffs with unique effect on spell, not only a little variation of color and secondary effect.
    - really, finding a way to avoid burst-only meta seem necessary. Dot build (and especially magDK) are in a very bad place now in pvp, burst ganker are boring, and bursts heals are too much (not only BoL).
    - a new sort of damage scaling may be an interesting idea : damage skills only scale with weapon/spell damage, healing skill scale only with magicka/stamina pool, and the scaling curve need to give diminushing return, as CP now and as softcap before.
    Options
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Discuss!

Lmao, no-one will take this serious.

Imo the damage of magicka abilities should be reduced by 100%. Also shields should deal damage to the user.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Evasion is praticly a SHILD they should make it "6" seconds....
    - dodge roll , break free and blocking should be another source ...
    - And magicka needs some buffs...

Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Discuss!

Imo the damage of magicka abilities should be reduced by 100%. Also shields should deal damage to the user.

@strikeback1247 Hmm, I guess then those of us here now discussing these issues are nobody's then ah? Since you are not a nobody and are just making troll comments. I guess that makes you the general forum troll.

As I tell others, if you are going to forum troll. At least have some type of decency and class while doing it.
    RoyJade wrote: »
    Redguard adrenaline rush passive need to be change for a flat stamina recovery instead of a percentage.

- magicka and stamina cost of skill are not balanced, magicka cost need to be diminished.
    - burst set need to be toned down, seriously. Mostly stamina set here, but do not give magicka he same thing.
    - HA damage need to be seriously nerfed, but armor penetration also need a nerf. HA should be tanky without shield but not bursty.
    - destruction staff need a major overhault, with a clear separation for the three staffs with unique effect on spell, not only a little variation of color and secondary effect.
    - really, finding a way to avoid burst-only meta seem necessary. Dot build (and especially magDK) are in a very bad place now in pvp, burst ganker are boring, and bursts heals are too much (not only BoL).
    - a new sort of damage scaling may be an interesting idea : damage skills only scale with weapon/spell damage, healing skill scale only with magicka/stamina pool, and the scaling curve need to give diminushing return, as CP now and as softcap before.

On more serious note, yes this comment I fully agree with you @RoyJade . But what do you all think about evasion being reduced to %10 chance to evade. As well as being cut down to 6 secs duration Also cost the same amount of stamina as shields do from magicka?

I don't know about seeing magicka abilities cost decrease. Me personally I'd rather see stamina abilities cost increased to avoid more power creep. One of the problems in my honest opinion. Is that people are able to spam abilities with no care or tactics in the world.

Yes Light Armor needs a buff badly. A big damage buff would put light armor back where it needs to be. However on this note. What do you all say to a medium, and heavy armor nerf in damage? So that they are put back at Light Armor level. Those two nerfs in them selves would be buffing Light Armor without. Again adding more skill less power creep to this game.

The burst stamina ganker (Nightblade) play style is only boring because. They don't even have to work or set up their ganks any more. These days most just light attack with Velidreth and Viper for the proc and then the way. Massive Rally and Vigor heal ticks. The play style it self is not boring per say. It's more so that it's become so unbalanced and easy. That for the most part you are not doing much at all. The game is playing for you. That's what makes this play style now boring. At least in my case. All ZOS needs to do is put in another battle spirit PvP stat. ( All Monster Set item bonuses while in Cyrodiil are reduced by %25 damage and healing effectiveness.)
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on September 25, 2016 12:21PM
    Options
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina doesn't need a nerf. Actually Magicka needs a buff. People need to stop asking for stamina nerfs when they should be asking for magicka buffs.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reduce Stamina healing because the whole concept is ridiculous.
    Options
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Discuss!

@strikeback1247 Hmm, I guess then those of us here now discussing these issues are nobody's then ah? Since you are not a nobody and are just making troll comments. I guess that makes you the general forum troll.

As I tell others, if you are going to forum troll. At least have some type of decency and class while doing it.

On more serious note, yes this comment I fully agree with you @RoyJade . But what do you all think about evasion being reduced to %10 chance to evade. As well as being cut down to 6 secs duration Also cost the same amount of stamina as shields do from magicka?

I don't know about seeing magicka abilities cost decrease. Me personally I'd rather see stamina abilities cost increased to avoid more power creep. One of the problems in my honest opinion. Is that people are able to spam abilities with no care or tactics in the world.

Yes Light Armor needs a buff badly. A big damage buff would put light armor back where it needs to be. However on this note. What do you all say to a medium, and heavy armor nerf in damage? So that they are put back at Light Armor level. Those two nerfs in them selves would be buffing Light Armor without. Again adding more skill less power creep to this game.

The burst stamina ganker (Nightblade) play style is only boring because. They don't even have to work or set up their ganks any more. These days most just light attack with Velidreth and Viper for the proc and then the way. Massive Rally and Vigor heal ticks. The play style it self is not boring per say. It's more so that it's become so unbalanced and easy. That for the most part you are not doing much at all. The game is playing for you. That's what makes this play style now boring. At least in my case. All ZOS needs to do is put in another battle spirit PvP stat. ( All Monster Set item bonuses while in Cyrodiil are reduced by %25 damage and healing effectiveness.)

No-one will take the "reduce the damage of all their abilities by 40%" comment seriously. An average stamblade does like 20k dps, seems like a great idea to almost halve that. ZoS should hire you and fire Wrobel. You seem to know how perfect balance works. Your OP and your signature give me the strong feeling that you hate anything that has to do with stamina and would prefer if stam builds would be useless. Elder Robes Online were the good ol' times right?
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Discuss!
    There's nothing to discuss if you think that evasion is used only by stamina builds.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on September 25, 2016 5:54PM
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Messing with shuffle would hurt pve tank builds and mDKs.
    • Reduce stamina healing
    • Cut down on the damage from set procs (mag sets, too)

Then see how it goes for a while. If stam had less healing, I think the rest wouldn't seem so strong any more.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More PvP QQ with no consideration with how it would affect things in PvE.

And it's funny how everyone complains about Shuffle, but not other sources of Major Evasion like Blur.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came to write a serious post, then I saw its just a troll thread.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just stop making stamina sets that insta proc 10k+ damage in PvP.
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Second paragraph especially.

Combat needs to be slower. And more competitive, more back and forths during a fight. No more button mashing race for whose ability hits hardest. No more 100 to 15% with one ability use.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the problems in this game can be handled by just changing how Dodge, Break Free and Block cost are used.

Introduce an Endurance resource bar that is affected by Heavy Armor. Change the Heavy Armor Wraith passive to reduce the cost of Endurance based actions instead of giving damage, same thing with the "Endurance" jewelry set. Heavy armor should make you tanky, but not be a wrecking ball either.

Another thing that I personally feel needs to be changed is passive dodge chance, in that it needs to be flat out removed entirely. Active Dodging should be enough without RNG dodge chance being a factor as well.
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Reduce Shuffle duration to 12 seconds. That's pretty much it

Shuffle to six seconds, like shields. Why? Because you need to decide whether to be offensive or defensive. (hur hur dur Wrobel)

For everything else, I would just buff Magicka. Nerfing classes just pisses people off. It wouldnt take all that many changes either to fix magicka.

Fix light armor passives, let it increase shield duration by a half second per piece for a five piece bonus.

Fix destruction staff damage and effects to be in line with other two-hander skills. People need a reason to use something other than crushing shock. Make the ult cheap and high damage like the bow.

Fix Sorc FFS. Remove the penalty for streak, it's ridiculous. Ditch the toggle on bound aegis. Find one person at ZOS who can read, and compare the Sorc class passives with those of a nightblade side by side and don't stop until you see the problem.

I dont even know where to begin with magicka DK's, but there are threads out there. My MDK friends already quit the game it's so bad.

Edited by Minalan on September 25, 2016 5:00PM
    Options
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny when people say 'X doesn't need a nerf, Y needs a buff'... In other words, do we make the game easier or harder? XD
    Edited by Bryanonymous on September 25, 2016 3:53PM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

This. Second paragraph especially.

Combat needs to be slower. And more competitive, more back and forths during a fight. No more button mashing race for whose ability hits hardest. No more 100 to 15% with one ability use.

But it's not one ability use. The stam people usually wind up a heavy, then crit rush, cancel, and dizzy swing before it finally lands.

You get three abilities that land at the same time because of animation cancelling. Then with two different proc sets going off (viper, velidreth) you're suddenly dead or at 5%.

They need to allow animation cancelling for blocking, but add a second GCD delay in between activating new abilities. It's kind of ridiculous right now.

All proc sets need to share a global cooldown. One going off should reset the CD on all of the others. People can wear three proc sets currently, and that's ridiculous. Fixing that would limit people to just one.

Right now one proc set proc can proc another, and that's just completely stupid...
    Edited by Minalan on September 25, 2016 4:49PM
    Options
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Discuss!

No-one will take the "reduce the damage of all their abilities by 40%" comment seriously. An average stamblade does like 20k dps, seems like a great idea to almost halve that. ZoS should hire you and fire Wrobel. You seem to know how perfect balance works. Your OP and your signature give me the strong feeling that you hate anything that has to do with stamina and would prefer if stam builds would be useless. Elder Robes Online were the good ol' times right?

No I just rather have stamina be nerfed. Then to see magicka buffed. Why you may ask? Because playing who got the hardest two sec one kill abilities is not fun at all in a RPG. Unless of course you are not looking for competitive play. And rather just be allow to yolo and spam buttons to win. Me personally, I rather have both magicka and stamina build taking a bit more time to kill each other. This is to allow more non gear more player skill counter play. Also adding more power creep at this point would be very bad for this game in my opinion.

Far as the %40 comment yeah that may or may not be abit overkill. But right now their are a lot of stamina abilities that just do much more dps and burst damage then my execute. That vigor and rally just laughs at as they'll not only allow stamina builds to survive the execute at less then %15 health. But also heals the user back up to around %45 health. Yet there are players just having trouble not getting bursted down by stamina abilities in 3 to 5secs.

@strikeback1247 It's appears to me that you don't want any type of resemblance of balance. You like the CoD style of skill less yolo, burst, kill, and forget style of play, and don't want to see any changes to it. You want to add more power creep to battle power creep. Which instead of taking 2 or 3 secs to kill people. They'll be able to just CC and kill you with the next attack. As if you only had 3k health with no armor or impen.

Far as the ganker goes. Yes we should keep the playstyle. Maybe keep the damage for nightblade abilities while at the same time increasing the cost of their abilities by %40. This would allow them to still gank. However they just couldn't yolo effortlessly kill and leave unharmed. It's make the player skill and tactics of a ganker matter much much more. Because again atm ganking takes little to no skill or tactics what so ever. ATM ganker is the playstyle you want to play because the game pretty much plays for you. That needs to change.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For proc set, nerfing seriously their damage but give them lower CD would allow them to do same overall damage, but not as much damage as burst.
    Options
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Discuss!

No I just rather have stamina be nerfed. Then to see magicka buffed. Why you may ask? Because playing who got the hardest two sec one kill abilities is not fun at all in a RPG. Unless of course you are not looking for competitive play. And rather just be allow to yolo and spam buttons to win. Me personally, I rather have both magicka and stamina build taking a bit more time to kill each other. This is to allow more non gear more player skill counter play. Also adding more power creep at this point would be very bad for this game in my opinion.

Far as the %40 comment yeah that may or may not be abit overkill. But right now their are a lot of stamina abilities that just do much more dps and burst damage then my execute. That vigor and rally just laughs at as they'll not only allow stamina builds to survive the execute at less then %15 health. But also heals the user back up to around %45 health. Yet there are players just having trouble not getting bursted down by stamina abilities in 3 to 5secs.

@strikeback1247 It's appears to me that you don't want any type of resemblance of balance. You like the CoD style of skill less yolo, burst, kill, and forget style of play, and don't want to see any changes to it. You want to add more power creep to battle power creep. Which instead of taking 2 or 3 secs to kill people. They'll be able to just CC and kill you with the next attack. As if you only had 3k health with no armor or impen.

Far as the ganker goes. Yes we should keep the playstyle. Maybe keep the damage for nightblade abilities while at the same time increasing the cost of their abilities by %40. This would allow them to still gank. However they just couldn't yolo effortlessly kill and leave unharmed. It's make the player skill and tactics of a ganker matter much much more. Because again atm ganking takes little to no skill or tactics what so ever. ATM ganker is the playstyle you want to play because the game pretty much plays for you. That needs to change.

I do want balance between magicka and stamina even if stamina needs to be nerfed. However, the suggestions you are making are way over the top and will destroy PvE stamina builds. If all stamblade abilities will cost 40% more, stamblades will struggle severely with vMSA and other content. The entire vMSA leaderboards would consist of only magblades. Remember that PvE is still the main focus in this game. ZoS should just separate ability values and scaling between PvP and PvE.

P.S. I haven't played a oneshot stamblade in over a year :^)
    Edited by strikeback1247 on September 25, 2016 5:37PM
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think under 50 players worldwide have beat hard mode VMOL.

4 of which are stamina maybe 5 w/Grand Council beating it this week.

I am so over the stamina is OP flavor of the month forum posters.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm

Which Magicka Classes are weak in PvP?

Sorc/Templar/Nightblade are all really good for Magicka during PvP

That leaves Magicka DK, which is getting a buff in update 13......If you're talking about PVE...The biggest change they're doing is nerfing Maestrom DW....Because that is what is causing the massive disparity.
    Options
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    I think under 50 players worldwide have beat hard mode VMOL.

4 of which are stamina maybe 5 w/Grand Council beating it this week.

I am so over the stamina is OP flavor of the month forum posters.

nerf for stamina after look only on pvp scrubs.

As I know on EU pc from only 3 groups who done hardmode vMoL only 2 players was stamina dps...well stamina have the best dps so why ony 2 players was able to done it? fights very disadvantage on melee range while dps on bow is under half of dps magica.

now its good time to change this thread, nerf magica dps and buff bow :blush:
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Remove Major Evasion from the game (and buff the skills that previously had it to compensate).

2. Slightly reduce the burst heal from Rally and the scaling coefficient for Vigor.

3. Change various proc sets (Viper/Believe/etc) to give the same overall DPS increase but less burst damage.
    Options
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't stam vs. magicka.
    The problem is a lack of caps. Being able to stack insane amounts of damage is just ridiculous and it just so happens that it is easier to stack weapon damage.
    Options