The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If Stamina versions of the classes could have 3 nerfs, what nerfs would they be? Opinions...

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    1. Remove Major Evasion from the game (and buff the skills that previously had it to compensate).

2. Slightly reduce the burst heal from Rally and the scaling coefficient for Vigor.

3. Change various proc sets (Viper/Believe/etc) to give the same overall DPS increase but less burst damage.

I not agree with 2, I dont know if you have meet with this ability, do you have used it...but for great burst heal from this on pvp you need to have it active atleast 15 sec, before burst heal from rally is crap and about ver big burst rally with vigor...whine about dk, templar with major mending :smiley:
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Unchained revamped
    • Black Rose revamped
    • Adress the extra second of immunity roll dodge provides that seems to contiue after the animation is over.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina doesn't need a nerf. Actually Magicka needs a buff. People need to stop asking for stamina nerfs when they should be asking for magicka buffs.

Why. Why you keep repeating this. Could anyone elaborate on this.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the problems in this game can be handled by just changing how Dodge, Break Free and Block cost are used.

Introduce an Endurance resource bar that is affected by Heavy Armor. Change the Heavy Armor Wraith passive to reduce the cost of Endurance based actions instead of giving damage, same thing with the "Endurance" jewelry set. Heavy armor should make you tanky, but not be a wrecking ball either.

Another thing that I personally feel needs to be changed is passive dodge chance, in that it needs to be flat out removed entirely. Active Dodging should be enough without RNG dodge chance being a factor as well.

Remove the roll dodge penalty then evasion skills can be removed.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on September 26, 2016 2:25AM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    Nah. First
    1.Make all shields critable
    2.Twice deduce damage and range of Soul Strike and Radiant
    3.Remove proxdet from the game
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

PLEASE NO FU****** NERF REQUEST POSTS AGAIN!!!

STAMINA CLASSES DO NOT NEED A NERF, MAGICKA CLASSES NEED A BUFF - THAT IS ALL!!!

NERFING JUST DAMAGES THE GAME!!!
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think overall nerfi-i mean, "adjusting" overall Damage dealt and Healing done/received, will help the game way more than just buffing Magicka up to current Stamina standards.

The reason is, like that we just keep walking towards Damage Creep more and more, which will ruin the game over time.
    Unless we return to softcaps or ZOS comes up with another equally good solution like separating Damage(Wpndmg/Spelldmg) and Healing(ressource Pools), we will get nowhere and these threads will keep popping up.

Oh and an ability like Evasion is cancer for an mmo and shouldnt exist in the first place (a mechanic which avoids ANY damage with no effort, just as wrong as a "invincibility" ability)
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) reduce the range on all gap closers a bit (or increase it on single-target rande abilities and light attack. make range kiting very hard but possible against a relatively slow target.

2) all armor shields scale more heavily with the type of armor used. on 7/7 they are really good (i.e. improve the HA shield slightly, buff annulement, shuffle needs 7 medium to be as long+strong as now). no more heavy + shuffle.

3) turn all proc sets into chance-based rather than gcd based. if you want a lot of dps through your proc set, you need to land many attacks. if you want brust through multiple things procing at the same time, you have to be able to fight long enough for it to happen eventually. please end huge boosts on initial or after buff/heal/reposition attacks

4) nerf incap and buff nb's in a way that benefits both, stam and mag.

5) reduce the from-stealth damage and tunr it into resoruce-degen/drain when from stealth. keep ganking from stealth a viable playstyle but force them to actually fight and remove all pseudo-one shot (kill within 1sec or less) crap.
    Edited by Kas on September 26, 2016 9:14AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn´t stamina per se. It´s unchained passive from CP and certain items sets.

Nothing to nerf really.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove both magica ans stamina that should solve the problem.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• LycanNaryko
    The problem in PvP isnt Damage - its the healing.

Rally should have its burst heal removed make it a hot only with weapon damage buff. Burst heal in general are way to strong in PvP.

There is a reason why nearly every stam player runs 2H + vigor.

In general all Burst heals should be reduced in PvP.

Shuffle should only be accessible if i wear 5 pieces (better would be 7 pieces) medium armor and its duration should be 10s.

Reduce overall damage in PvP a bit more.

Thats it.
    Edited by LycanNaryko on September 26, 2016 11:07AM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just remove dodge chance completely, it doesnt belong in a game that has active dodging
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of nerfs. I'm not a fan of Wrobel 1-shot-meta either. People started to use Reverb Bash to give the Defile to templars - so the community worked out a "counter". That's healthy. Making builds to counter other builds/classes is nice. However: There is absolutely no way to counter Wrobel's 1-shot-meta. Well, 35kHP, heavy Armour etc. But that can't be achieved for all classes - without losing it's purpose(e.g. magicka sorc or magicka nightblade).

My main issue is that no matter how you look at it - there is no real "counter" to Wrobel's 1-shot-meta. It's just a boring, uninteresting "If I can proc my veli+viper before you, I win! Watch me as I randomly smash my buttons :*" There's no real way you can play against it. It's just dull af. And imo: Every game with a PvP-perspective should have "counters", or the possibility to make builds to counter another build etc. I highly doubt we want everyone, no matter which class, to run around with 35kHP.

Aaanyway. Nerf to the classes is not the way to go, nerfing Stamina directly is not the way to go. However: Nerf the sets. I really want Hard-Data on how many players currently using Velidreth/Viper & how many people plays Stamina DK/Stamblade.

Fix the sets- leave the classes alone.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    Now try to oneshot heavy bloodpawn mag-DK or heavy malu-templar. Bah... Oneshot meta. Did you ever try to play a high-burst nigtblade?
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M477PL4.jpg

stamina builds normally are ok...op what is this are sets

and now tell me what is more op:
    - viper wchic ahve 100% chance to hit your opponent with 4 sec cooldown with power of your spammable dps skill

- velidreth which has 20% chance for hit, without dots with deasn proc always after 10 sec cooldown, hitting with 40%+ more power of your spammable dps skill but it also need to hit your target which is very hard against enemies who are nonstop in move

and at all....just look on gang attaks, tou dont need to use any skill to 1shot people while ganging, this is stuppidly op, only gap closer and light attack and this is all..

with those sets you can go on full sustain, also in black rose and your main dps burst will be with only light/heavy attacks because rest is from sets to which you dont need anything to think, to use combo skills
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    A lot of the problems in this game can be handled by just changing how Dodge, Break Free and Block cost are used.

Introduce an Endurance resource bar that is affected by Heavy Armor. Change the Heavy Armor Wraith passive to reduce the cost of Endurance based actions instead of giving damage, same thing with the "Endurance" jewelry set. Heavy armor should make you tanky, but not be a wrecking ball either.

Another thing that I personally feel needs to be changed is passive dodge chance, in that it needs to be flat out removed entirely. Active Dodging should be enough without RNG dodge chance being a factor as well.

Remove the roll dodge penalty then evasion skills can be removed.

Perhaps Shuffle should drop Major Evasion and instead reduce the roll dodge penalty by 50% (either duration or magnitude), then there would be more active roll dodging and less of the passive dodge chance.
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    If someone is so squishy he can be oneshoted with this combo he also can be oneshoted with other combos without using Viper and Velidreth. And if you can oneshot s&b heavy magplar then he is doing somehing wrong.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reduce evasion chance to %5 on Evasion and all of it's morphs.

Move dodge rolling, blocking, and breaking free to another bar.

Reduce the damage on all of their abilities by %40.

Discuss!

I don't agree with the reduction of Evasion chance. Reducing the duration to 10 or 6 seconds would be more balanced.

I would rather migrate stamina to magicka than make another bar (i.e. make all abilities for all skills cost magicka and consolidate weapon and spell damage and then leave stamina for dodge rolling, blocking, breaking free, etc). Neither will happen, so lets forget this point.

I don't think the DPS imbalance is due to the power of the abilities as much as it is to the power of the item sets they have access to. VMA weapons were not nerfed nearly enough. There is no magicka version of nightmother's gaze, sunderflame, alkosh etc. Vicious Ophidian is much better than Infallible Aether and Alkosh is much better than Moondancer.

The bigger problem IMO with the upcoming patch is the number of new item sets that are coming out in medium armor. I don't agree with the way ZOS arranged them at all. You have one light, one medium, and one heavy for each zone. The problem is that the light sets are shared for healing and DPS, but the medium sets are all dedicated to stamina DPS and then there are several heavy sets that if they were light they would be very usable for DPS, but they are heavy, so they are not...

I wish ZoS would have done set itemization based on role. Have an equal (and equivalent) number of sets for DPS with both magicka and stamina focus in light and medium armor. Then have heavy armor sets for tanking and additional light armor sets for healing and forget the whole 1 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy set per zone thing. I know it looks good on paper the way it is, but in Tamriel there is not an equal distribution of light, medium, and heavy armor wearers, so why bother making them drop in an even distribution?

My 2 cents.
    Edited by kojou on September 26, 2016 1:15PM
    Playing since beta...
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka doesn't need an actual buff directly aside from maybe a reliable way of getting minor force. Other than that, stam needs a pretty big nerf. If they just keep buffing everything, people would get 1 shot constantly in pvp and pve content would quickly become outdated because of the power creep making the game too easy.

But as it stands, 3 of the 6 ultis are OP. First of all nerf this before the pts goes live.

Shuffle should last a bit shorter because it's TECHNICALLY 20% flat damage mitigation on yourself.

nerf the medium armor passives. As it stands, undaunted mettle is next to useless to med armor because they benefit WAY more for 7 med. roll dodge cost reduction, movement speed, stam recovery, reduced stam cost, weapon crit, reduce stealth radius and reduced cost of stealth.

Meanwhile, light armor gets mag recovery and reduced mag cost as 2 SEPERATE passives and the 3rd is...spell resist....like 2000...why the hell does light armor DPS need a smidgeon of spell resist...and then 2 buffs that are flat amounts after 5 piece.

There's a good start.
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    20% chance on evasion/blur is fine, though I wouldn't be opposed to cutting the duration to 6s (make mirage 10s and the speed boost on double take last the full 6s) if shields are gonna stay 6s. Goose gander and all that jazz, #Sorclivesmatter. Personally I'd rather see shields as there are just gone, which leads me into you're second talking point.

Another bar added for cc break, dodge roll, and blocking would be a nerf to everyone. If you cc break something that cost magicka you should expend magicka. Stamina should be what's used to dodge roll, but to fully negate damage from magicka it should also consume some magicka. I don't think the magicka loss should be as much as the stamina loss, in fact less than half. Should you lack the magicka though you only cut the damage received in half instead of negating it. Adding this to the mechanic would would allow a reduction to fatigue time or amount, cool downs really suck. As for blocking… I never understood why it cost stamina to block with a weapon that scales off magicka

On the last point… no, just no. Stam damage doesn't need a nerf, mag needs a buff. We could also use two new weapon skill lines. I've suggested before DW wands and wand and some kind of focus or buckler that increases mitigation. I know what @Wrobel said about the weapon lines being balanced, but his logic is warped. If you count each element as a separate skill line due to the different effects, then you must count swords, maces, axes, and daggers as separate skill lines. As such that puts stam ahead of mag 9:4 on weapon skill lines.

Edited: a magicka dodge chance skill and a gap closer with a stam morph on the Vamp skill line would be nice too. I'm not gonna hold my breath… but Vamp could use a little bit of love too.
    Edited by Natas013 on September 26, 2016 2:30PM
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with dodge is that the 20% dodge chance don't block 1 of 5 attacks but much more.
    Your guy becomes invicible for a very short amount of time( i think 0.3 seconds? ), so the actual amounts of attacks you dodge is much higher. Now throw dodge roll into it and super vigor/rally since they put everything into wd, crit and max stam and you know why a single stam user can survive the onslaught of a whole zerg.
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »
    - Evasion is praticly a SHILD they should make it "6" seconds....

Well, this is interesting.
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with dodge is that the 20% dodge chance don't block 1 of 5 attacks but much more.
    Your guy becomes invicible for a very short amount of time( i think 0.3 seconds? ), so the actual amounts of attacks you dodge is much higher. Now throw dodge roll into it and super vigor/rally since they put everything into wd, crit and max stam and you know why a single stam user can survive the onslaught of a whole zerg.

More precisely, when you successfully dodge one hit, you dodge every hit for 0,5 second. And worse : when you take a large amount of attack at the same time, if only one trigger a dodge, every other will miss. Only those who not proc a dodge and hit just before will be taken.
    That's mean in a group, the more enemies and the more dodge chance you have.

An another change to passive dodge change who can be interesting, while not nerfing pve too much : let the 20% dodge chance active when you're not using a skill or attack. When you block or waiting for an attack you can dodge, but when you attack, no dodge. Big nerf to immortal stamina, tiny one for tank, and more logic dodge chance.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they have sets that match for both magicka and spell, except for where the playstyle doesn't exit would be a great first start.If there is a playstyle that doesn't exist, they should ask and answer why 5 times to see if it makes sense that style doesn't exist.

Change 2h to have 2 set slots when crafted. It would help both stamina and magicka, but would finally make staves worth using which would help casters by giving them the range while having monster helm and 2 sets.

Raise the crit damage (new) and crit % (improved) that LA gives would help push that as it's unique way of dealing higher damage.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    Revert incap strike so it only stuns when yor opponent has higher % health than you again.
    a.k.a. Aps
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Create a New Staff Weapon line, that's use as a 2-pieces object.

Give him some interesting feature, and you got your magika class back on track for everything !

Shield is like a Evasion except evasion is often bug while shield seems to function right... which is their issue.
    Bonus Set, magicka got some pretty nice one, the issue with stam being they can stack a bunch of those.
    Cost of Skill, most stamina in pve use 7-pc medium, while magicka have to use 5/1/1, there's your issue ! Also magicka don't receive any interesting incentive for running 7pc which medium does.

Stamina can use dual wield which can lead to 2 full set + Monster Helmet if you'r not using Maestrom or 2 full set all the time + Maestrom, while magika can only use two full set if they are running no monster helmet and need a maestrom to complete efficiently their build.

So Add a new bonus two pièces weapon for magicka build and fix the bug with evasion and you got it ! Maybe also create a nice bonus for 7 pc usage in Light and you also have deal with ressource management, even if magicka build got a lot of ways to regen in pve.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is clearly a troll thread, so I just had to join in. B)

• Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For everyone suggesting to buff mag instead, keep in mind that continuous buffing does not create balance when you have stam specs capable of instant kills right now. We need a middle ground, mag should be buffed a bit to avoid gutting stam but stam needs a bit of a nerf.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    For everyone suggesting to buff mag instead, keep in mind that continuous buffing does not create balance when you have stam specs capable of instant kills right now. We need a middle ground, mag should be buffed a bit to avoid gutting stam but stam needs a bit of a nerf.

as I wrote in other post.....you cant balance with only buffs, its nonsense, balance need a bit this and a bit of other this.

now dual maelstrom getting small nerf and this is good, nerf something to good instead of buffing all all other things around which will start doing problems for begginers, easier and better to nerf just 1 overpowered thing "instead of buffing all"
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

as I wrote in other post.....you cant balance with only buffs, its nonsense, balance need a bit this and a bit of other this.

now dual maelstrom getting small nerf and this is good, nerf something to good instead of buffing all all other things around which will start doing problems for begginers, easier and better to nerf just 1 overpowered thing "instead of buffing all"

Agree with you, Stamina Class look overpowered because most people who run it actually know their thing. Grab any new player and get him a stamina build and you'll look how it goes ! Stamina aren't overpower, they are harder to play and so gather some bonus which can make them look interesting when playing with experimented player.

Magicka have more buff to help them sustain, they have more defensive ability (shield easy to get), they have better overall avoidance skill while maintaining DPS... I mean overall Magicka are pretty strong !

Only issue, if your stamina dude can follow the mobs, keep on with tank, and avoid everything that's thrown at him (short range damage) and if the boss has no mecanics to avoid close range (which most have), then he shall be more efficient then you are... if not ... well that stamina dude should be playing a magicka !