The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

New vet dungeons are too easy! Make them harder!

MaddPowered
MaddPowered
✭✭✭✭✭
I have played through all the new vet dungeons, normal vets and hard modes and i find that they are all too easy! Please make a decision to boost the difficulty.
World's First Planesbreaker
World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
World's First Dawnbringer
World's Third Godslayer
World's Second Immortal Redeemer
World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you and your teammates min/maxers? That's probably why it's easy lol
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »

We are all 531 cp and we breezed through every dungeon.
    We did come prepared with the regular trial tank, trial healer and trial DPS set up expecting it to be hard.
    I still do think it should be buffed. It is not much of a challenge.
    World's Third Godslayer

Top scores :
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does it compare to the new dungeons? vRoM and vCoS
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We did come prepared with the regular trial tank, trial healer and trial DPS set up expecting it to be hard.

Dude, why do you think it wasn't much of a challenge? You're all maxed and you all had characters specifically built for your roles. Other players who are much more relaxed than you won't share the same experience nor opinion.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo I'm pretty scrubtastic.

We just did vet hard mode of Crypt of Hearts I... with 3 people.. a tank, a dps, and me as healer. Only 1 person was at cap (I'm not even at 400) and the only heal I had was healing ward.

It took awhile but we weren't ever in real danger. I died and the tank died at the final boss on hard mode... but pretty sure that's because we were messing around (I'm streaming and was reading twitch chat etc.)

Ive also enjoyed a few mead and should be downright terrible right now. Hate to say it... But they're too easy.
    Edited by MissBizz on September 3, 2016 5:49AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Sooo I'm pretty scrubtastic.

We just did vet hard mode of Crypt of Hearts I... with 3 people.. a tank, a dps, and me as healer. Only 1 person was at cap (I'm not even at 400) and the only heal I had was healing ward.

It took awhile but we weren't ever in real danger. I died and the tank died at the final boss on hard mode... but pretty sure that's because we were messing around (I'm streaming and was reading twitch chat etc.)
    It took us a while because we didn't have high group DPS (I was the only DPS, and I usually tank or heal), but we were never in any danger of wiping in any of the fights.

And there were only 3 of us. And I was the only one at CP cap. And I'm not exactly an uber min/maxer. And I didn't have my bar set up properly. And actually I don't think any of us did. And Bizz was barely healing.

It was a bit harder than the non-vet mode of Crypt of Hearts 1, but I think it's too easy for a vet mode dungeon.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, and we were using the new weapon ultimates, so I was using an unleveled unmorphed destro staff ultimate.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bar not set up properly was right. At one point I said "What? I have wall of elements on my bar" lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • jknight201
    jknight201
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Dude, why do you think it wasn't much of a challenge? You're all maxed and you all had characters specifically built for your roles. Other players who are much more relaxed than you won't share the same experience nor opinion.

That's what normal mode is for. I played through with their group and ... yeah, the vet and even vet hard mode just felt too easy. Or easier than what I was expecting. I don't want to see it being a LOT harder, but I do think they need to tweak it up a bit because the new vet modes seemed to be a lot easier than the equivalent vet modes in dungeons like vROM, vCOS, vICP and vWGT.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For everyone saying the new vet modes are too easy, could you please remove all your cp and report how you feel the difficulty changes?
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jknight201 wrote: »

That's what normal mode is for. I played through with their group and ... yeah, the vet and even vet hard mode just felt too easy. Or easier than what I was expecting. I don't want to see it being a LOT harder, but I do think they need to tweak it up a bit because the new vet modes seemed to be a lot easier than the equivalent vet modes in dungeons like vROM, vCOS, vICP and vWGT.

I don't think they need to be quite as intense as the dlc dungeons... But i honestly think we died more often on normal shadows of the hist dungeons than we did on Crypt 1 hard mode.

We kind thought maybe there was new mechanics for hard mode... But if there is they were not noticeable. The dlc dungeons have interesting mechanics that the original dungeons lack so I feel they need their damage increased. I don't think health needs to be increased. As I mentioned, it took our joking 3 man group awhile to burn down bosses, boss health wasn't an issue... But at one point our tank just stood doing nothing and was barely going down on health. I think damage needs to be jacked up since adding amazing new mechanics in a month's time is unrealistic.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We tried the new vetmode of vaults of madness yesterday with templates and gave up after second boss. So boring...adds don't do any damage and die so fast even with our crappy DPS.
    Went to crypt of hearts part 2/vetmode and saw the same...mobs have more HP but hit like a wet noodle, no need to leave any AoE or block. It was even more boring than on live, bc everything survived a bit longer bc of more HP.
    Either don't scale them up, or do more than just increase their HP. Most boring change ever, i will hate to do all those new achievements...will be a stupidly long and boring grind. :disappointed:
    Noobplar
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was afraid this might happen. CP keeps increasing and enemy level stays the same. If we want easy content - normal dungeons. If we want to be challenged - Veteran. At least it's how it should be. Yet, ZOS keep nerfing everything due to casual players who have no idea what are they doing. We need a nightmare mode. Scale everything up and make us wanna cry. It's what we want, it's what we need.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3e40a58cb6.png

Nice to see Zos taking feedback into acount, and making new dungeons harder than norm...

Wait a sec...
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stop making everything vet trial difficulty we'd love to actually complete the dungeon not get trial elite weeded out and told get lost for not being at the cap of everything not everything has to be a trial of the gods
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons are fine.
    Leave themas they be... the game should be scaled for the wide mass of players not for some <1% players wich insane min/max builds.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop making everything vet trial difficulty we'd love to actually complete the dungeon not get trial elite weeded out and told get lost for not being at the cap of everything not everything has to be a trial of the gods

Do the easier mode. Problem is, the "harder"-mode is a joke with templates and bad gear....
    it would be ok, if you atleast had to block, walk out of AoEs, need a tank and heal and so on...but atm you can just go in with 4 DPS and nuke everything. So much fun...NOT!
    Noobplar
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vet trial difficulty? The new dungeons are the difficulty of current silver dungeons.

If you're having problems on silver dungeons... I have some news for you.
    World's Third Godslayer

Top scores :
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree especially if you're basing if off a group of 531's.

Vet difficulty should be based off and capped on a CP160 character.

Sorry but if you want hard, reset your CP down cause I'm not a fan of setting difficulties so that only min/max can complete group content.

VMSA is for you guys....no changes necessary IMO it's in a good spot for group content.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry but if you want hard, reset your CP down cause I'm not a fan of setting difficulties so that only min/max can complete group content.

VMSA is for you guys....no changes necessary IMO it's in a good spot for group content.

Sry, but the hard-Version including hardmode is easy/boring on template characters. The normal-Version should be doable/easy for most of the people, but the hard version shouldn't.
    Noobplar
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

Sry, but the hard-Version including hardmode is easy/boring on template characters. The normal-Version should be doable/easy for most of the people, but the hard version shouldn't.

Actually no, it should be easy on a template character.
    Why in the world would you think that millions of players are all at the template level?

The concept is this....maybe one will be at or above CP160 but I can share that on Xbox one when doing randoms, it's very often on normal that folks are below 50.

On vet it's very often that no one is at 501 so to create difficulties based off the minority does nothing but upset players and cause people to leave the game. Ppl wan to play and enjoy the content.

If you or anyone feels something is too easy, literally remove your CP down to 160 and then try it.
    I'm not trying to be rude but if you want hard, make it hard yourself as that's the beauty of this system.

I would encourage @ZOS_GinaBruno to ask the devs to add in a bonus and achievements for players completing hard modes with no CP or less than 160 assigned who have a min of 200 CP.

Enjoy PTS.

• Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about this: If you want it easy, don't select the highest difficulty? Some enjoy hard content, some enjoy the easy one. Why should this content only cater to players who like easy content?
    Enjoy PTS.

There is nothing to enjoy, too boring imo.
    Noobplar
  • dotlife
    dotlife
    ✭✭
    This all sound very depressing to me. If they make it as easy as the usual non dlc dungeons it will be a cakewalk for players familiar with the genre. I was greatly looking forward to all these dungeons, and I had great hope that we would get some challenging ones. Be kind and work on a legendary version for us then.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons are fine.
    Leave themas they be... the game should be scaled for the wide mass of players not for some <1% players wich insane min/max builds.

You're not paying attention. Go back and read Bizz's posts and my posts.

We were a 3-man group, with only 1 person at CP cap.
    We're not elite players (2 of the 3 of us have never successfully completed VMSA, and only 1 of us does trials).
    We were screwing around and not really paying attention or taking things seriously.
    We didn't even have our bars set up properly (I was the only DPS and I didn't have an execute on either bar, I had an unleveled detsro staff ultimate slotted instead of the much more effective ultimate I usually use, I didn't have my skills in the places where they usually are so I was often accidentally using the wrong skills - heck I was barely ever even attempting to do any weaving).
    Our healer wasn't really doing any healing.
    We were almost constantly standing in the red (or at least I was and the tank was - I didn't notice if Bizz was) because we were being lazy and not paying attention, and it wasn't really a threat (even with the healer not really healing).
    For half the dungeon Bizz didn't have a food buff.
    We only had 2 deaths the entire dungeon, and those were in the last boss fight after activating the scroll for hard mode, and only because we were paying more attention to Twitch chat than the dungeon.

If it was only people who had tried the dungeons in groups of 4 people at CP cap who were saying it was too easy, then I might be skeptical about whether they are too easy. There were only 3 of us. 3 absolutely not min-maxed elite players. Who were screwing around and not really paying attention. And it was a cake walk. It just took a long time because we didn't have as much DPS as a group of 4 would have.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    jknight201 wrote: »

I don't think they need to be quite as intense as the dlc dungeons... But i honestly think we died more often on normal shadows of the hist dungeons than we did on Crypt 1 hard mode.
    The non-vet versions of all 4 DLC dungeons are absolutely far more challenging than the vet version of Crypt of Hearts 1 done on hard mode.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why difficulty modes are a waste of time and developer resources.

Why bother have "normal" difficulty if the "hard" mode is designed for every single player including the 0 CPs, the inexperienced, or those who play once a week to finish without being overly challenging.

• glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want vet mode hard as nails for the casual gamer, let helms drop from normal mode.
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how all these people want VET HARD FREAKING MODE to be easy on a non-max character. There is a max for a reason and its called hard for a reason.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few problems here:
    1. Inconsistency of what "Veteran" means. You have something like Vet Vaults of Madness that's barely any harder than Normal VoM and much easier than Vet ICP. I really would like to see all the dungeons have a consistent difficulty across the board. This wasn't possible before because it would lock casual players out of story content, as the sequel dungeons had no Normal mode. The addition of Normal versions of the sequel dungeons is an opportunity to buff up the difficulty of the Veteran versions. And the addition of the Veteran versions of the original-story dungeons is an opportunity offer a consistent level of challenge for that content as well. This update was a chance to finally bring about difficulty consistency, and it failed.
    2. Normal dungeons become irrelevant if a Veteran version exists that's only slightly more difficult and offers much better rewards. Normal mode exists for a reason. What's the point of having difficulty modes if the Veteran mode is barely any different from Normal? Everyone who complains about Veteran being too difficult, the question for you is, "Why are you turning your nose up at Normal?"
    3. Hard Mode is a joke. On Blackheart, it added around 800K or so health to him. No new mechanics. Just a bit extra health to burn through. The HM health increase in Vaults of Madness is greater, but it doesn't change that the fight is still a standard stack-n-whack with an occasional moving in or out of bad.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Dungeons are fine.

You're not paying attention. Go back and read Bizz's posts and my posts.

We were a 3-man group, with only 1 person at CP cap.
    We're not elite players (2 of the 3 of us have never successfully completed VMSA, and only 1 of us does trials).
    We were screwing around and not really paying attention or taking things seriously.
    We didn't even have our bars set up properly (I was the only DPS and I didn't have an execute on either bar, I had an unleveled detsro staff ultimate slotted instead of the much more effective ultimate I usually use, I didn't have my skills in the places where they usually are so I was often accidentally using the wrong skills - heck I was barely ever even attempting to do any weaving).
    Our healer wasn't really doing any healing.
    We were almost constantly standing in the red (or at least I was and the tank was - I didn't notice if Bizz was) because we were being lazy and not paying attention, and it wasn't really a threat (even with the healer not really healing).
    For half the dungeon Bizz didn't have a food buff.
    We only had 2 deaths the entire dungeon, and those were in the last boss fight after activating the scroll for hard mode, and only because we were paying more attention to Twitch chat than the dungeon.

If it was only people who had tried the dungeons in groups of 4 people at CP cap who were saying it was too easy, then I might be skeptical about whether they are too easy. There were only 3 of us. 3 absolutely not min-maxed elite players. Who were screwing around and not really paying attention. And it was a cake walk. It just took a long time because we didn't have as much DPS as a group of 4 would have.

I read it. Dungeons are all set so that 3 ppl can do them. If you have 350+ CPs it should feel easy especially if you know all the mechanics. It's not new content so if you want it to be hard for yourself or for the experienced remove your CP points. It's that simple.

It's actually not easy for everyone whixh is why if you notice month by month the old vet versions of dungeons are made more doable. You just don't take account that you're constantly getting better and have more utility and are more effective.

That's how it should work as you progress but do not ask for regular stuff to be hard when you can jump into trials and vet MSA to get the difficulty you want here.

Dungeons should not equate to trial and MSA difficulty.