Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.0

• Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Darlon wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    All set drops from dungeons and Trials are bind-on-pickup.
    This sounds like a mistake, if not, what the hell is that change? You want people to be broke? How do you expect people to be raid ready?

Wtf is this

Don't forget you can trade within your group.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Well that's the issue, seeing as I run high end dungeons and Trials

This mainly puts a massive hindrance on trials especially, if I was raid leading most people can't get the best gear anymore, they wont be getting invited to raids or anything like that if they are wanting to start out, I understand that the best gear is already Bind on Pickup, but your other option is Bind on Equip gear and after that is crafted gear

Not only that but right now the economy is utter crap, removing Bind on Equip from trials just ruins raiders too, we can't sell gear to the community, we can't buy anything because of it either, I just don't understand what this will achieve, are you trying to cause more PUG and group finder groups to sell your loot within groups to each other, because friends dont do that with each other, and most people wont run in them anyway because of the gear issue

That is just my opinion, personally I think it's a very unhealthy addition and will just breed more elitism and divide raiders apart from the experienced and non experienced

Actually getting the gear like the sun set for instance, won't be an issue, as it will drop in normal overland content (stonefalls) now also.

I agree it hurts people selling it though...
    Hold up guys I cant go to trials tonight I have to farm solo for my gear

Yeah, sounds good doesn't it ;) I can't support this change what so ever, just doesn't seem right, not only do I help people farm for gear and trade it with them if they are offline or something and helping friends complete gear sets who are not in my group, but now they have to farm SOLO for it, as if Maelstrom wasn't enough

Or...

Before: I got a Silks of the sun ring. I could either sell it or give it to a group mate. Theyre going for 500k, I'll sell it.

Now: I got a sills of the sun ring. I don't have a magicka dk so I'll give it the mdk in the group because it's bound.

I feel like it promotes generosity over greed imo.
    If you want trial gear, do trial content, makes sense to me
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velidreth buffed? LOL
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This sounds like a mistake, if not, what the hell is that change? You want people to be broke? How do you expect people to be raid ready?

Wtf is this

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This mainly puts a massive hindrance on trials especially, if I was raid leading most people can't get the best gear anymore, they wont be getting invited to raids or anything like that if they are wanting to start out, I understand that the best gear is already Bind on Pickup, but your other option is Bind on Equip gear and after that is crafted gear

Not only that but right now the economy is utter crap, removing Bind on Equip from trials just ruins raiders too, we can't sell gear to the community, we can't buy anything because of it either, I just don't understand what this will achieve, are you trying to cause more PUG and group finder groups to sell your loot within groups to each other, because friends dont do that with each other, and most people wont run in them anyway because of the gear issue

That is just my opinion, personally I think it's a very unhealthy addition and will just breed more elitism and divide raiders apart from the experienced and non experienced

Actually getting the gear like the sun set for instance, won't be an issue, as it will drop in normal overland content (stonefalls) now also.

Yeah, sounds good doesn't it ;)

Better than having to buy it... you're complaining that people can't get it outside of trials (otherwise, what is the problem with it being BoP if you're going to use it yourself ? )
    Some of the people that want stuff don't step foot in trials, some of these sets are also largely popular inside Cyrodill, not only does this destroy PvE and breeds elitism out the ass for end game PvE but now it also forces PvP players to come into trials who can't get any groups, or they would have to farm it

Why was having this stuff as BoE an issue? It's going to ruin the economy, enforce solo game play even more, a lot of players will be under equipped rather than just buying stuff and it is also going to make it hell for PvP players
    The plus side, you get to use group finder and trade more/talk with the community

But really, most groups will stay in their small circle of friends anyway

You will be able to get the same sets (as BoE items) from overland PvE and from the specific dungeon in that zone (for instance, in fungal grotto the silks of the sun set and red mountain sets will drop, BoE)... You just have to go somewhere else...
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Aerin wrote: »
    For once, there is no nerfs in this patch notes. :)

Too bad we need a lot of them.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

Nifty knows that... He means that trading with the group isn't enough. This change will gut the game's economy and limit powerful sets to people who heavily farm trials. Not a good decision.

This seriously took way half of the incentive to run trials. Also normal trials are now only going to drop blue gear.
    Edited by susmitds on September 2, 2016 6:50PM
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only real question is what does "personal vendor option" even mean?
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And hold up, didn't we have a massive outbreak in Imperial City update where the devs said so themselves, there will be more BoE options, and now removing it?
    #MOREORBS
  • kinggingernator
    kinggingernator
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Better than having to buy it... you're complaining that people can't get it outside of trials (otherwise, what is the problem with it being BoP if you're going to use it yourself ? )
    Some of the people that want stuff don't step foot in trials, some of these sets are also largely popular inside Cyrodill, not only does this destroy PvE and breeds elitism out the ass for end game PvE but now it also forces PvP players to come into trials who can't get any groups, or they would have to farm it

Why was having this stuff as BoE an issue? It's going to ruin the economy, enforce solo game play even more, a lot of players will be under equipped rather than just buying stuff and it is also going to make it hell for PvP players
    The plus side, you get to use group finder and trade more/talk with the community

Idk why they made it bop, but it all drops from normal zones now so its not that bad. Plus pvp players could care less about having to farm their own gear, really what is killing pvp is the absolute trash balance that zos hasnt even bothered to try and fix for 2 patches now.
    Edited by kinggingernator on September 2, 2016 6:50PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted Pledges
    We have redesigned the Pledge system to offer more rewards more often, and at a predictable rate.
    • There is no longer a Bronze, Silver and Gold key. All keys have been converted Undaunted Keys and reward a Shoulder set piece with each use.
    • There are now three pledge givers for Undaunted Dungeon quests, with each offering a unique Pledge each day. They also have a corresponding chest which, when an Undaunted Key is used, will offer a Shoulder set piece from one of the Dungeon Pledges they offer.
      • Maj al-Ragath offers a random Pledge for the following Dungeons:
        • Banished Cells I & II
        • Darkshade Caverns I & II
        • Elden Hollow I & II
        • Fungal Grotto I & II
        • Spindleclutch I & II
        • Wayrest Sewers I & II
      • Gilirion the Redbeard offers a random Pledge for the following Dungeons:
        • Arx Corinium
        • Blackheart Haven
        • Blessed Crucible
        • City of Ash I & II
        • Crypt of Hearts I & II
        • Direfrost
        • Selene’s Web
        • Tempest Island
        • Vaults of Madness
        • Volenfell
      • Urgalarg Chief-bane offers a random Pledge for the following Dungeons:
        • Cradle of Shadows
        • Imperial City Prison
        • Ruins of Mazzatun
        • White-Gold Tower
    • Each pledge can be completed in one of three ways for a total of up to six keys per day.
      • Normal Dungeon: Completing a Pledge in a Normal version of the dungeon awards a single Undaunted Key.
      • Veteran Dungeon: Completing a Pledge in a Veteran version of the dungeon awards a single Undaunted Key, but completing Veteran versions of the Dungeon are also the only way to get the Undaunted Monster Masks.
      • Veteran Hard Mode: Completing a Pledge in a Veteran version of the dungeon after the final boss has been made more difficult will award two Undaunted Keys, in addition to awarding the Monster Mask from completing a Veteran Dungeon.
        • All previous dungeons that did not have a Hard Mode have been given a way to activate a mode that makes the final boss more difficult in the Veteran version, activated by the Scroll of Glorious Battle found in the final boss’ room.

Thank you for getting PTS up before 3-day weekend in USA. That gives us a good block of time to check out PTS and freak out about the 7 or 8 things that are bugged and broken while ignoring the 74567944 things that are working. :-)

Question about new pledges:

While each pledge giver is associated with certain dungeons/stories, can we still use reward key on any chest? So Maj al-Ragath is only pledge giver with chance for Fungal Grotto II, and thus her chest is only one with chance at Spawn of Mephala shoulders. Can I only open her chest with a key from her pledge? Or can I do all 3 pledges from all 3 pledge givers but use all rewarded keys only on Maj al-Ragath chest if I am interested in Spawn of Mephala shoulders?
  • ng2084b14_ESO
    I hope they fix the armor to scale to cp 160 so that we won't get cp 150 gear in normal modes of dungeons.
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

Nifty knows that... He means that trading with the group isn't enough. This change will gut the game's economy and limit powerful sets to people who heavily farm trials. Not a good decision.

I feel like this is okay. It looks like based off of the stuff that drops in zones, (which now includes Akaviri Dragonguard, Elegance, and such), the only gear pieces you'll need to farm trials for are Hircine's, Ebon Armory, Worm, and Alkosh but only one person can really run those anyway.

Plus the IC sets will now drop in weapons and jewelry and those will be mostly BiS when paired with Tava's/TBS for raids.
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    we should make a separate thread complaining about this stupid BOP change! how the heck are we supposed to get gold now? and how long it will take to freaking get the sets we need? >.<
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? Practically no balance changes? Sure we haven't seen the weapon ults yet but I doubt it will change much.
    Do the devs just hate magicka classes?

Do the people in charge of combat/classes/skill balance actually think the game is in a fine place right now?

When OT releases, it will be almost 6 months since stam classes have been superior at pretty much anything except healing others.

You could have buffed light armor passives, destro passives, resto passives, mages guild stuff, magicka related class skills/passives, seriously anything, but you did nothing.

Is there even a reason to play a magicka class(besides templar maybe) if you wan't to do something other than heal people?=
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

This seriously took way half of the incentive to run trials.

@susmitds or they made it so that you can do what you really want to do? I want to PvP. Silks of the sun makes my mDK waaaay more competitive. Right now, I can farm trials, which I don't enjoy, or farm gold to buy them (which I don't enjoy). Would you rather run a trial with someone that wants to run it because they enjoy it or someone like me that hates learning new mechanics and just wants to get it done so I can get my gear to get back to doing what I really want to be doing?
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Hm, why remove the scaffolding on Chalman gate? And no doors on towers. I don't see why this would be changed.

I'd liek to see some more class balance changes aswell. Meh.

Less skill, more zerg.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

Oompuh wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Yeah, sounds good doesn't it ;) I can't support this change what so ever, just doesn't seem right, not only do I help people farm for gear and trade it with them if they are offline or something and helping friends complete gear sets who are not in my group, but now they have to farm SOLO for it, as if Maelstrom wasn't enough

Or...

Before: I got a Silks of the sun ring. I could either sell it or give it to a group mate. Theyre going for 500k, I'll sell it.

Now: I got a sills of the sun ring. I don't have a magicka dk so I'll give it the mdk in the group because it's bound.

Before: Everyone in my group has done this trial a million times and already have every set piece. I'll sell it for 500k.

Now: Everyone in my group has done this trial a million times and already have every set piece. 50 gold vendor trash inc.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Wait, back up.

So, the currently-BoE-in-trials sets, e.g. Sun, Necropotence, Warlock, will still drop. They just drop from a different location now, where they remain BoE. So a PvPer who friggin hates PvE will just have to buy it from the guy who farmed bosses instead of farming trials. The PvPer still gets his gear. A PvEr can still get the gear, too, by farming bosses or w/e. They can do it on their own time. The only group I think this hurts are regular trials farmers looking to make gold, not people who need the gear.

Am I not getting something here? Because I understand that this makes farming trials not worth it if I get how the system now works, but this doesn't prevent PvPers or non-trials-ready PvErs from getting the gear. And they don't even need to step foot in PvE. The farming just moved, it wasn't removed.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like this patch

For pvp tho: Watchout of giving too much damage.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nifty2g If I'm interpreting the notes correctly, they've removed the BoE sets from trials, leaving only the BoP stuff. If you want Ebon for your tank, you get it from CoH, and if you want Worm for your healer, you get it from VoM; they no longer drop from MoL. So the only sets left in the trials are the stuff that's always been BoP.

I do agree, though, that this seriously hampers the money-making capacity of endgame PvE players--selling a gold Warlock ring is how we pay the flower pickers who supply our potion addiction.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Or...

You missed the whole point

I already do that and so do all of my friends, we will have no problem with this, but PUG groups? It's going to take forever to get certain gear, and farming solo the amount of useless gear you are going to get which you can't sell to someone wanting it, what's the point?
    #MOREORBS
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

This seriously took way half of the incentive to run trials.

@susmitds or they made it so that you can do what you really want to do? I want to PvP. Silks of the sun makes my mDK waaaay more competitive. Right now, I can farm trials, which I don't enjoy, or farm gold to buy them (which I don't enjoy). Would you rather run a trial with someone that wants to run it because they enjoy it or someone like me that hates learning new mechanics and just wants to get it done so I can get my gear to get back to doing what I really want to be doing?

I am not against having gear in the world. But that does not justify not having sellable gear in the dungeons and trials.
  • icontrive
    icontrive
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it's going to be another long three months for non-Magplar/stam users...
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Sooo, is there basically no gold jewelry left in the game besides the hard mode trials pieces and the pieces remaining from before this update??

Edit: Or waiting MONTHS for the PvP vendor? lol
    Edited by Glory on September 2, 2016 6:58PM
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Lafer
    Lafer
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

Dude you can now trade within your group bind on pick up items please .How about you play the game now and stop complaining.
    Healordiet templar healer
    Gigi Lafer magicka Sorc
    Tankotank Dk tank
    Ebonpact cp531 Na Ps4.

Quebec Machine leader.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

Of course. But how do you make money that way? I'm not going to make my raid mates buy gear off of me, they helped me get it
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lafer wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

Dude you can now trade within your group bind on pick up items please .How about you play the game now and stop complaining.
    I am complaining for your benefit, not mine.
    #MOREORBS
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Snap.

"All set drops from the overland are now bind-on-equip."

Maybe I'll actually be able to run Trinimac's Valor now haha.

ALSO!

"Crypt of Hearts: Shroud of the Lich, Leviathan, Ebon Armory
    Fungal Grotto: Spider Cultist Cowl, Viper’s Sting, Dreugh King Slayer
    Selene’s Web: Vestments of the Warlock, Hircine’s Veneer, Durok’s Bane
    Vaults of Madness: Worm’s Raiment, Oblivion’s Edge, Rattlecage"
  • Lafer
    Lafer
    ✭✭
    Lafer wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

I am complaining for your benefit, not mine.

No you are not i made most of my gears i got they were bind on pick up and you couldnt trade them,

The old system was fine by me .
    Edited by Lafer on September 2, 2016 7:00PM
    Healordiet templar healer
    Gigi Lafer magicka Sorc
    Tankotank Dk tank
    Ebonpact cp531 Na Ps4.

Quebec Machine leader.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Darlon Just got word from Kai in the twitch stream. Yup NA and EU will be the same client now!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

They are the trial sets though, they're not that powerful outside of trials. I have no need for those sets, they're for trial runners.

The actual decent sets, Necropotence and Silks are now available to the masses and no longer cost 1 million gold for a set.

I run trials, just not as serious as Nifty etc and I assume most pve/pvp'ers are the same and aren't going for no.1 in the world.
    PC EU
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    image.png

•Item Sets will now drop for every item slot. •This excludes the Agility, Endurance, and Willpower jewelry sets.
    •Sets that grant a bonus to melee damage will now drop more intelligently (i.e. a set with melee damage will no longer drop with a bow or stave).

Does this mean the Lich Set gets a Necklace and Rings, pants and boots? does this mean I can where a monster set with it?
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on September 2, 2016 7:02PM
  • Rjizzle09
    Rjizzle09
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Dragonknight. Triggered.

Indeed sir indeed there are quite a few setups that are gonna wreck things both a stam and magick dk just got stronger lmao can you say toxic defiance and morag tong?? valkyn skoria and burning spell weave??? i cant even deal right now im so moist haha