The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Patch notes are up. How long before we are playing the game

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    The second @ZOS_JessicaFolsom hit the post buton

J6tiwyv.jpg

tumblr_mqt70fxfNR1rsikbyo1_500.gif
  • babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    beattle wrote: »
    Hey all, apologies for the delay in updating. We're currently having QA test the NA server to make sure we're solid, and are planning to open around 5pm EDT (less than an hour from now).

From 1pm EDT, to 4pm EDT, to now 5pm EDT.... until the next problem which will make it 8pm EDT.

I'm sorry, but you all are a joke. People thanking you for your vague responses are also a joke. No way should any of you be thanked for such a poorly run system. The whole purpose of your existence is to run this game for those who have paid for it. Every week it is one thing or another for the longer and longer down times. At this rate, you will not have many players left to continue your existence on the internet.

You weren't around when EverQuest 1 had their legendary downtimes, were you? Their downtime made the game unplayable for 24-48 hours. And yet, here the game is... 17 years later, going strong.

Try again, though.

I never played that game, nor would I if the game was unplayable 24-48 hours at a time. I'm sure it would be going stronger if they didn't have such high unplayable times. Losing one paying customer due to long down times from a business sense is one too many. This is one reason why I will never be a stock holder in the gaming industry, as I would be demanding answers to such downtimes and possible loss of revenue.

Entitled much?

For what I pay for? Yes. It is my right to do complain for a service I pay for and not get on a constant bases. I invested my 3 months, and after that, I couldn't care less if this game succeeds or not.

-2 for grammar and spelling. +10 for getting "couldn't care less" correct. It's the little things.
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    hi my favorite crafter @Lady_Ems

Careful there @Rebornlogic , people be hunting me down in the game and will try to steal my time from you... LOL
    Edited by Lady_Ems on August 22, 2016 8:51PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moltyr wrote: »
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    In before the posters complaining about maintenance and posters complaining about the complainers. >:)

I would like to complain about this ^ person!

Be my guest! I've got a thick skin. But I called it! 18 pages and counting! >:)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Okay folks, starting tomorrow I work extra long days for 5 days straight and I would like to play the only thing that gets me away from my real life and gives me a break from all of the things that are sucking right now.

It's been over 12 and a half hours since maintenance started for a rather small patch.

Can we please get an eta? If I can't play at all today, I would rather not keep getting my hopes up.

My wife's car died, my ford explorer xlt 4x4 won't start after changing out the fuel pump, the battery, the alternator, and now (today) the starter; the coffee pot died, the microwave almost caught fire and then died, my wife's vapor cigarette died (and some of us know what hell that can cause), my wife (as of three weeks ago) has a swelled disc in her neck causing extreme pain but we don't have a vehicle to take her to the doctor and her required by government health insurance has a $7,000 deductible before she would get a discount from the doctor anyhow and she has fibromyalgia on top of that so she is in a lot of pain (and she says we can't afford for her to go to a doctor with everything breaking at the same time anyhow), and our daughter and her boyfriend and our grandson have moved back in with us in this small house because they were laid off, oh and they brought 8 cats, two ferrets, and a dog with them.

When it rains, it pours; I guess.

I am actually in a pretty good mood despite it all (my wife isn't though) but I need to get away from it all, and ESO does help with that; so at least for that Thank you.

I hear if you play a country album backwards you'll get all that stuff back. *j/k
    Edited by 85flyingbrick_ESO on August 22, 2016 8:51PM
    PC/NA

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahk1lleez wrote: »
    Obvious troll is obvious.

I'm going to make a suggestion here ZOS....

You might want to start thinking of a login queue....because everyone you've just trolled will be trying to log in at the same time...and history has proven your login servers have issues when this happens. Either implement a login queue or stop trolling.

There is a login queue. I was put on it a few weeks ago. It was for just 30 seconds, but still.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babedenny wrote: »
    Hey all, apologies for the delay in updating. We're currently having QA test the NA server to make sure we're solid, and are planning to open around 5pm EDT (less than an hour from now).

From 1pm EDT, to 4pm EDT, to now 5pm EDT.... until the next problem which will make it 8pm EDT.

I'm sorry, but you all are a joke. People thanking you for your vague responses are also a joke. No way should any of you be thanked for such a poorly run system. The whole purpose of your existence is to run this game for those who have paid for it. Every week it is one thing or another for the longer and longer down times. At this rate, you will not have many players left to continue your existence on the internet.

You weren't around when EverQuest 1 had their legendary downtimes, were you? Their downtime made the game unplayable for 24-48 hours. And yet, here the game is... 17 years later, going strong.

Try again, though.

I never played that game, nor would I if the game was unplayable 24-48 hours at a time. I'm sure it would be going stronger if they didn't have such high unplayable times. Losing one paying customer due to long down times from a business sense is one too many. This is one reason why I will never be a stock holder in the gaming industry, as I would be demanding answers to such downtimes and possible loss of revenue.

Entitled much?

For what I pay for? Yes. It is my right to do complain for a service I pay for and not get on a constant bases. I invested my 3 months, and after that, I couldn't care less if this game succeeds or not.

-2 for grammar and spelling. +10 for getting "couldn't care less" correct. It's the little things.

"I could care less" - do people say that as a joke? Are they being funny? It is just so obviously wrong >.<
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoksonat wrote: »
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    For those getting snarky with Gina, you know she has no control over the maintenance right?

Yeah but.. with your average person, we tend to crap on community managers the most for some reason.

I'll tell you why. Because unlike, say for example, SWG, the devs aren't actually active participants in these forum. Sure, they pop on from time to time, but back in the good old days, the SOE guys were all on the forums regularly. They interacted. They joked around. They put personalities to the names. It's a lot easier to get mad a a faceless entity like ZOS and call it incompetent or say it doesn't care than it is to say the same things about Fred, the guy who laughed at your joke that one time.

Gina and Jessica bear the brunt because they are, on most days, the entirety of the team we see. And they're playing a game of telephone between the people who need the answers and the people who have the answers.

This is a choice. Someone decided to make it this way. It was a poor choice. I feel bad for them, because it sucks for them when the player base is overreacting, and it sucks just as bad for them when the player base is perfectly justified in a strong reaction, but those who should be answering for it use Gina and Jessica as human freakin' shields.

I can't believe that I'm holding up SOE as a paradigm of good behavior and an example of how to run a game and community. At the time, they often seemed pretty bad at it. Shame that, since SWG folded, everyone else seems to be far worse.

They are so chill. I've watched them on the Twitch streams.

I'm sure they are. However, it would go a lot farther if they actually were a part of the community than using an outside tool to show it.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if the patch was available to download why is it taking so long to get the server back up? I don't have much play time left!
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    When are we going to see interventions for gamers ?

soon-my-friend-soon_o_175785.jpg
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »
    So if the patch was available to download why is it taking so long to get the server back up? I don't have much play time left!

It's probably going to come back online at 5pm :p so 7min left (hopefully)
    EP Home Faction CP: 800+
    Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
    Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
    Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
    Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
    Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
    Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
    Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

"I could care less" - do people say that as a joke? Are they being funny? It is just so obviously wrong >.<

I could care less, a lot less. In fact I wish I cared less. I wish I couldn't care less, because that would be the appropriate sentiment being presented.

Alas, I care so much I am posting on the forums waiting for my addiction to feed me. You too eh?

Watch this video, if you don't smile you are evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeEmvPQ-I58
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    heyjrey wrote: »

6 minutes now...ooh the suspense.
  • Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    rerunning repair as NA server is still showing RED in UK, is it a propergation issue?,
    will restart after verify and see what happens update forthcoming

Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

[/PC NA mainly dead Breton magic sorcerer b]

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg5EQDPhr8CemxApWeDYYkydrc

oh what fun
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭

lmao let the countdown begin.
    5 minutes now :o

• 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    sloth-selfie-SLO0716.jpg?itok=9hH6FjP7
    PC/NA

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES THIS IS NOW POST HAPPY ANIMAL POST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssa7LMeC_Bw
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree with some other people who have said we should be compensated in some small way. could zeni do it to even pretend like they cared???? xp pots? a cosmetic? a pet? days added onto our subs? 500 crowns? SOMETHING?

Yes! A special downtime reward mount that appears 14 hours after you summon it.

I'm going to name mine Twinkles.
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • themotherconfessor25
    4 minutes
    IGN: GlitterGirl25
    Twitter

• ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭

4 minutes left...
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4 minutes left...

"ish"
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    rerunning repair as NA server is still showing RED in UK, is it a propergation issue?,
    will restart after verify and see what happens update forthcoming

All thats happened is they let you patch..login servers still down though for the moment. Separate systems.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And all suddenly goes quiet here... does that mean the servers are actually finally up?? YES!!!! IT DOES!
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭

4 minutes left...

man, i'll be so disappointed if in 3 minutes the server isn't back online..

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • themotherconfessor25
    2 minutes
    IGN: GlitterGirl25
    Twitter

• Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    online!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    enhanced-31736-1403894270-3.jpg
  • The_Undefined
    The_Undefined
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, I don't get why people continually throw up server downtimes 20, 10, 8 years ago to today. Tech that long ago is not a standard for measure in what is and isn't acceptable today. Competitor's maintenance downtimes TODAY are the standard for measurement, and straight up it is not acceptable nor the norm for them to have maintenance times this long. Also, I was there during these epic WoW downtimes, and I was COMPENSATED for it. Blizzard refunded or credited the 1 to 2 days when it was down DURING LAUNCH.

That would be like people complaining about the crappy CGI in the Hobbit isn't bad because CGI in the Lawnmower Man was actually crappy. The fact is, you toss some Hobbit scenes against the Life of Pi or some other truly beautiful works with CGI and it is bad! Comparing something with the most outdated and lowest standard is ridiculous imo.

I get it. Problems happen during patch installment. This time around, a serious problem must have happened, but from most of the posters here (I only came back a month or 2 ago) seem to agree that this sort of maintenance window is the norm. Customers demanding that their product is comparable to competitors is not entitlement.

I'm not trying to be totally unreasonable here. Obviously problems are going on and that happens. However, for people to say "Don't ask for ETAs," "expect the server to be offline for at least 6hrs," or "please upgrade your tech for shorter maintenance times" is honestly not ok. That's a symptom of a bigger problem.
    Edited by The_Undefined on August 22, 2016 9:04PM
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭

How about instead of apologies you start providing ESO+ folks with extra days and bonus exp for regular users? A simple half-assed apology about an issue that shouldn't be happening to begin with is hardly acceptable.

Seriously you need to be nerf or have been born nerfed irl. Gina or Jessica have nothing to do with the way the maintenances are done. They are the public faces for us here on these forums and try to tell us of delays and anything that pertains to ESO. Show some intelligence and respect.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
This discussion has been closed.