The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Patch notes are up. How long before we are playing the game

• Quelhallow
    Quelhallow
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4Ib-7fJqY

Just watch this while you wait. You will sing the chorus.
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    labtecw wrote: »
    Sorry folks, our testing is complete and I thought they'd opened the server - I jumped the gun. My apologies. They're nearing maintenance completion.

thanks for the appologie but how about some free crowns for all the wait time and hassle we have to endure

How about giving us a choice of an item thats been removed that we missed for free... we can only hope and dream

• Erzats
    Erzats
    For the few weeks I've been playing this game, the downtime lenght and rate is incredibly long compared to other mmos I've played. From what is told on the forum I see that it's technical issue, but... erh, whatever...

What are you waiting to buy a seconds hamster to help with the servers maintenance? I'll f*cking buy its cute little technician suit with the hard hat and everything!

On another hand, and I'm not asking ZOS anything here, but I played a long time on DOFUS and WAKFU:
    When this kind of technical issue were to be experienced on a regular basis -or hard crashes with loss of progression-, they would give gifts to players who pay a subscription and were connected recently (xp/drop boosters, additionnal time on their subscription, etc.) as a mea culpa.

For the most part, this would usually calm down the players as it would ''compensate'' in sort to the loss of time they could have otherwise put into the game, if it happened they weren't on a working shift, at school or whatever.
    On the down side, people would tend to ask for a compensation every time a technical issue would come up, as insignificant as it could be. At this point, cry babies will be cry babies.
    Between what I think, what I want to say, what I believe I say, what I say, what you want to hear, what you believe to hear, what you hear, what you want to understand, what you think you understand, what you understand…They are ten possibilities that we might have some problem communicating. But let’s try anyway…
    - Bernard Werber
  • beattle
    beattle
    ✭✭
    beattle wrote: »
    beattle wrote: »
    Hey all, apologies for the delay in updating. We're currently having QA test the NA server to make sure we're solid, and are planning to open around 5pm EDT (less than an hour from now).

From 1pm EDT, to 4pm EDT, to now 5pm EDT.... until the next problem which will make it 8pm EDT.

I'm sorry, but you all are a joke. People thanking you for your vague responses are also a joke. No way should any of you be thanked for such a poorly run system. The whole purpose of your existence is to run this game for those who have paid for it. Every week it is one thing or another for the longer and longer down times. At this rate, you will not have many players left to continue your existence on the internet.

You weren't around when EverQuest 1 had their legendary downtimes, were you? Their downtime made the game unplayable for 24-48 hours. And yet, here the game is... 17 years later, going strong.

Try again, though.

I never played that game, nor would I if the game was unplayable 24-48 hours at a time. I'm sure it would be going stronger if they didn't have such high unplayable times. Losing one paying customer due to long down times from a business sense is one too many. This is one reason why I will never be a stock holder in the gaming industry, as I would be demanding answers to such downtimes and possible loss of revenue.

Entitled much?

For what I pay for? Yes. It is my right to do complain for a service I pay for and not get on a constant bases. I invested my 3 months, and after that, I couldn't care less if this game succeeds or not.
  • Darkchild1723
    Darkchild1723
    Soul Shriven
    wooo patch downloading
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    labtecw wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience during today's extended maintenance, and we do apologize for the frustration it's caused. The North American PC/Mac megaserver is now back online and open.

Still has the message: Server is offline for maintenance
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PATCH DOWNLOADED!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

EDIT: Oops, too early... yes the patch downloaded but I still can't log in :(
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on August 22, 2016 8:43PM
  • archangel_7
    archangel_7
    Soul Shriven
    ohh..downloading is happening!
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost 13h waiting for a patch that took me 30 seconds to download. This doesn't seem right for some reason... :p
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    YES patch is downloaded now I just need the Blue light for gooooo
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scary... I got the popup window saying the server is still closed/down for maintenance, then the patch started downloading anyhow... Hope this works and doesn't corrupt something and make me reinstall from scratch.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are we going to see interventions for gamers ?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bright Moon ! I almost wrote a Dear Abby letter in boredom .get out of here now all of you ! Shoo !
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lolmer wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience during today's extended maintenance, and we do apologize for the frustration it's caused. The North American PC/Mac megaserver is now back online and open.

Still shows Realm Status as Offline for me when I load my launcher (didn't have it running during downtime) and no "Update" listed, only "Play".

Did you try unplugging your modem and restarting your computer?
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    patch downloaded... server status still offline
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on August 22, 2016 8:47PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • lolmer
    lolmer
    ✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    For those getting snarky with Gina, you know she has no control over the maintenance right?

Yeah but.. with your average person, we tend to crap on community managers the most for some reason.

I'll tell you why. Because unlike, say for example, SWG, the devs aren't actually active participants in these forum. Sure, they pop on from time to time, but back in the good old days, the SOE guys were all on the forums regularly. They interacted. They joked around. They put personalities to the names. It's a lot easier to get mad a a faceless entity like ZOS and call it incompetent or say it doesn't care than it is to say the same things about Fred, the guy who laughed at your joke that one time.

Gina and Jessica bear the brunt because they are, on most days, the entirety of the team we see. And they're playing a game of telephone between the people who need the answers and the people who have the answers.

This is a choice. Someone decided to make it this way. It was a poor choice. I feel bad for them, because it sucks for them when the player base is overreacting, and it sucks just as bad for them when the player base is perfectly justified in a strong reaction, but those who should be answering for it use Gina and Jessica as human freakin' shields.

I can't believe that I'm holding up SOE as a paradigm of good behavior and an example of how to run a game and community. At the time, they often seemed pretty bad at it. Shame that, since SWG folded, everyone else seems to be far worse.

CCPGames works similarly for Eve Online for interacting directly with the developers. Even get to attend a yearly party at their HQ, or there's also one in Las Vegas every year.
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    you can download patch but the servers are still down
    "What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • camknox
    camknox
    ✭✭✭
    Download has started
  • 2ndcovenant_ESO
    Okay folks, starting tomorrow I work extra long days for 5 days straight and I would like to play the only thing that gets me away from my real life and gives me a break from all of the things that are sucking right now.

It's been over 12 and a half hours since maintenance started for a rather small patch.

Can we please get an eta? If I can't play at all today, I would rather not keep getting my hopes up.

My wife's car died, my ford explorer xlt 4x4 won't start after changing out the fuel pump, the battery, the alternator, and now (today) the starter; the coffee pot died, the microwave almost caught fire and then died, my wife's vapor cigarette died (and some of us know what hell that can cause), my wife (as of three weeks ago) has a swelled disc in her neck causing extreme pain but we don't have a vehicle to take her to the doctor and her required by government health insurance has a $7,000 deductible before she would get a discount from the doctor anyhow and she has fibromyalgia on top of that so she is in a lot of pain (and she says we can't afford for her to go to a doctor with everything breaking at the same time anyhow), and our daughter and her boyfriend and our grandson have moved back in with us in this small house because they were laid off, oh and they brought 8 cats, two ferrets, and a dog with them.

When it rains, it pours; I guess.

I am actually in a pretty good mood despite it all (my wife isn't though) but I need to get away from it all, and ESO does help with that; so at least for that Thank you.
    "*** Chi: A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack.
    Egg Shen: Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain!" - Big Trouble in Little China
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    In before the posters complaining about maintenance and posters complaining about the complainers. >:)

I would like to complain about this ^ person!
  • babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭

When I get enough VC money.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second @ZOS_JessicaFolsom hit the post buton

J6tiwyv.jpg
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • camknox
    camknox
    ✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    lolmer wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Still shows Realm Status as Offline for me when I load my launcher (didn't have it running during downtime) and no "Update" listed, only "Play".

Did you try unplugging your modem and restarting your computer?

c155a1b393899ffd7c36ff01090ce8f5.jpg
  • Rebornlogic
    Rebornlogic
    ✭✭
    Honestly ZOS, based on my last month of long maintenance issues, i would think if you gave "compensation" to ESO+ members for the trouble of not being able to play. you would get a'lot more people subbing just to get this "compensation" as long as you make it well worth it ;)

12 hour maintenance for a 90ish mb patch..... how's your hardware holding up? time to upgrade?maybe upgrade net upload speed? something needs to be done
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooooooo! You said the forbidden words! NEVER ask for ETA here!
    Edited by magnusthorek on August 22, 2016 8:48PM
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Quelhallow
    Quelhallow
    ✭✭

For realsies.

• Ahk1lleez
    Ahk1lleez
    ✭✭✭
    Obvious troll is obvious.

I'm going to make a suggestion here ZOS....

You might want to start thinking of a login queue....because everyone you've just trolled will be trying to log in at the same time...and history has proven your login servers have issues when this happens. Either implement a login queue or stop trolling.
  • Rebornlogic
    Rebornlogic
    ✭✭
    hi my favorite crafter @Lady_Ems
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahk1lleez wrote: »
    Obvious troll is obvious.

I'm going to make a suggestion here ZOS....

You might want to start thinking of a login queue....because everyone you've just trolled will be trying to log in at the same time...and history has proven your login servers have issues when this happens. Either implement a login queue or stop trolling.
    I fully support this idea, as long as I can queue first. Otherwise, it's for the birds.
  • themotherconfessor25
    i agree with some other people who have said we should be compensated in some small way. could zeni do it to even pretend like they cared???? xp pots? a cosmetic? a pet? days added onto our subs? 500 crowns? SOMETHING?
    Edited by themotherconfessor25 on August 22, 2016 8:49PM
    IGN: GlitterGirl25
    Twitter

This discussion has been closed.