Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Poorly thought out maintenance times and their conflict with economy mechanics

• Anslay
    Anslay
    ✭✭✭
    When does trader flip happen on the EU servers?
    GM Ethereal Traders Union | Ethereal Traders Union II
    Options
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phaseadept wrote: »
    Molag_Crow wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Auction house.

But I am sure that ZOS would make it so you could only list things for 7 days and the only time you access the AH to add things would be during the same hours as maintenance.

Can guilds only bid during maintenance? Can guilds only add things during maintenance?

Flaming people who want more than guild traders will not help you

I'm not asking for help and I'm not flaming anyone but thanks for quoting me.
    Options
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it was a joke about how ZOS would manage to screw it up somehow. :) Not nice, but unfortunately probably true based on our current experience.

Nobody's trying to start an auction house vs. kiosks flame war here ... right everyone? <3

That's the last thing the thread needs.
    Options
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    I think it was a joke about how ZOS would manage to screw it up somehow. :) Not nice, but unfortunately probably true based on our current experience.

Nobody's trying to start an auction house vs. kiosks flame war here ... right everyone? <3

I hope not, I'm tired of those threads lol
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
    Options
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, I finally got around to watching last week's ESO Live, and they answered a question about guild traders.
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Can we have a better filter or search feature on guild stores (for console)? It's getting quite difficult to sort through hundreds of purple motifs and armors to find what we want.

ANSWER
    So, that's a great idea. Guild trader usability is on our radar and something we want to improve.
    We don't currently have a scheduled update for it, but um, we do like the idea.

In other words:
    pBOKgOF.png

But ... there may be hope.
    Options
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »

Kind of poor taste IMO. . . For a joke.

The trading system, if it's going to be improved/fixed/looked at, needs to be supportive of everyone.
    Options
  • Zadar
    Zadar
    Soul Shriven
    Dear ZOS Moderators,

Please relay the need for a remedy to in-game spying on the guild kiosk bids. Even a temporary solution of not scheduling weekly server maintenance so the servers are offline the final moments before the weekly kiosk reset time would be greatly appreciated by our overworked guild officers who have been using last minute bids to work around this problem.

Any response that acknowledges this request would be greatly appreciated.
    Edited by Zadar on August 18, 2016 3:40PM
    Options
  • esofan86
    esofan86
    ✭✭
    Stil no comments here from anyone from ZOS.... Complete silence.
    Options
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a short period of time when maintenance was happening on Tuesday. This was the absolute best. This allowed a reasonable amount of time for bidders to make bids and follow up after. As it stands you make a bid, cross your fingers. For the third time in six weeks my guild does not have a trader because of the conflict between maintenance and trader budding.

ya that is the crappy part with the current system set up, I also believe people @ZOS don't care about the Economy or how it functions, no matter the amount of input us as players might give them. They in the end will do whats they want.

That would be because the trading economy is a side effect.

Zos adjusts the damage done of skills, because that's part of playing the game. They gave an anniversary cake of double xp, because that's part of playing the game. They adjust the difficulty level of content, so that people play the game. They overhauled enchanting nodes specifically so that more people would participate in using that skill, effectively taking action that harmed the glyph economy.

When they wanted more people to enjoy monster helm/shoulder sets, they had 2 ways to get those things into more hands. They could make them bind on equip, so that people could farm and sell the items... Or create a whole new merchant and go to the trouble of setting up special hours of operation and have the ongoing work of rotating the inventory. It would have been so much easier to just make the sets BoE, but that would not serve the primary function of ESO - which is to play the game. Creating 'the golden' was more work to start and more ongoing work, but it gets people participating more in order to afford those items.

The new item sets in cropsford and Vlastarus and Bruma - only 50k alliance points. They could have been priced in a fashion to encourage the stockpiling of gold, but instead they are priced to encourage more participation in cyrodiil.

The trading economy is a side effect. It's simply going to be second place behind anything that impacts the primary focus - playing the game content.

In some respects, Zos might even find happiness if there were no trade guilds making money because people that simply buy what they want would have to go out and do their own legwork to make ambrosia or farm mats or kill bosses for drops or such.

It really hasn't sunk in to most people in this thread that the entire arena in which they are operating is not really important to the game, and it is quite debatable whether the net effect of these trading megastore guilds is beneficial or detrimental to the top priority - playing the game content.

It's like the alligators with those birds. The alligator cares for food. It opens its mouth when it wants, closes it when it wants. A side effect is those birds. The alligator does not care about if the birds get enough food, if one dies others will always be around. The alligator does not care about fights between the birds, unless they scare off food. The birds can complain to the alligator about the random amount of time it spends in underwater maintenance, but they are just chattering because the alligator's cares do not include giving a crap about the needs of the birds.

Zos cares about the vibrancy of playing the content, not so much about gold changing hands. Does anyone really need more than the two examples of the monster helm vendor and the overhaul of enchanting nodes to conclude that the game comes first for them, always.
    Xbox NA
    Options
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    the game comes first for them, always.

Of course it does. Nobody here is suggesting that core gameplay not be a priority.

I work for a software consulting firm, so I am well versed in how to set priorities. Mission critical stuff is always going to take precedence.

However, my company also cares about customer satisfaction. So, we make sure to include small quality-of-life improvements to the non-mission-critical stuff that will have an outsized effect on our customers' perception of both the software and us as a development firm.

Stopping bid spying is not a complex issue. There are a very narrow number of events and UI screens that would need to be touched, and guild permissions and events are already architected. I'm not saying it's a trivial problem - I'm all too aware that customers almost always underestimate how long something should take to implement. But in terms of complexity, it should be on-par with stuff they do all the time in incremental builds. It is a perfect candidate for one of those quality-of-life, customer-service-oriented features.

Secondly, guilds (all guilds, not just trade guilds) are a core function of any MMORPG. The request to have more kiosks in high-traffic areas - and possibly revamp or do away with bidding - are aimed at helping *all* guilds participate in the market, not just the specialized trade guilds.

Do those guilds *need* the market to function? No, of course not. But would it be a significant quality-of-life improvement for many guilds, allowing them to profit from their gameplay more fully instead of deconning/vendoring everything? Absolutely! It's actually very odd that so much attention has been given to strange stuff like provisioning in update 6, while guild management tools haven't received even a passing glance.

And finally, even if all of this is just too low priority with all the other stuff on Zenimax's plate right now (console release, group finder performance, One Tamriel) - which we totally get - it's really bad customer service to just leave a request hanging for over a year. Even if the answer is "no", or "not until after One Tamriel", at least give an answer so that people can get on with their lives or decide to tough it out. The current non-response is very disrespectful, no matter that the request comes from a niche subset of players.
    Edited by silvereyes on August 18, 2016 6:35PM
    Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The trading economy is a side effect. It's simply going to be second place behind anything that impacts the primary focus - playing the game content.

Fair enough. If that's how ZoS feels about trading in the game (though I suspect it isn't), then *just say it*.

Instead, they've held NUMEROUS meetings with "trade guilds" in the past year+ to talk about "trade guild pain points" while doing nothing with the same list we keep providing.

This thread started out with myself (and others) acknowledging that there have been other, more pressing priorities to deal with. But Flip Time Pain, Bid Spying Pain have been an issue for a very long time. Now we have the extra-special Maintenance Time Pain thrown on top of it.

I really don't think an answer, after asking the questions since last year, is an unreasonable expectation?

Edited by hiyde on August 18, 2016 6:53PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
    Options
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    Instead, they've held NUMEROUS meetings with "trade guilds" in the past year+ to talk about "trade guild pain points" while doing nothing with the same list we keep providing.

Yeah, and think that through.

The game takes precedence. Trade guild stuff is on the side. They ask where you feel pain, but does that mean those pain points override things that impact gameplay? No, it does not.

Just because they got feedback from you doesn't mean that your feedback jumps the line in front of considerations about so very few people doing enchanting. I can easily imagine a list of things labeled "side projects for when there's nothing else going on" and ALL side effect stuff being on that list, but it doesn't get worked because actual game impacting stuff always takes priority.
    Xbox NA
    Options
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can easily imagine a list of things labeled "side projects for when there's nothing else going on" and ALL side effect stuff being on that list, but it doesn't get worked because actual game impacting stuff always takes priority.
    No doubt. It may also be a consequence of the internal structure of ZOS, where independent teams set their own priorities. Guild permissions are not sexy. UI work is not fun. I doubt very much that any devs or team leads get excited about this stuff, because while they do participate in dungeons, trials, PvP and any new storylines, I can't really see them running their own 500 member guilds.

If any work is going to be done on guild features, it'll probably have to be from a higher-level manager saying, "hey, could we devote a systems guy for a couple days' work to make those noisy guild leaders go away?"

Maybe right after they fix the remaining grouping bugs would be an ideal time for it. Before One Tamriel becomes all-consuming, but after the post-patch blues have resided from update 11.
    Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, and think that through.

The game takes precedence. Trade guild stuff is on the side. They ask where you feel pain, but does that mean those pain points override things that impact gameplay? No, it does not.

With all due respect, I don't need to think that through. I've acknowledged long before this conversation that I know there have been more pressing issues. But we're talking about over a year without resolution, let alone an answer.

Trading Kiosks are a feature in the game. They should work properly. Bid-spying is an unintended *exploit*.
    Dropping maintenance on top of the only time-sensitive mechanic in the game is unnecessary.

Over a year of respectfully waiting for key trading issues to be addressed is beyond patient. The maintenance change has made this far more difficult to work with.

Statistics generally show that a relatively small percentage of people PvP. You would NEVER hear me say that PvP should take a back seat because of that, because I know PvPers are some of the most active & loyal players in an MMO. Same is true for those who run trading guilds and many of the members in them. There's no reason not to make simple fixes to prevent cheating, or putting people in the position having to get up 2-3 times a night/morning just to secure a trade location.

You don't agree and that's fine. But know that I'll have your back if whatever part of the game you enjoy (regardless of it's popularity and "importance") is broken. <3

-H
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
    Options
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭

Fair enough. If that's how ZoS feels about trading in the game (though I suspect it isn't), then *just say it*.

This thread started out with myself (and others) acknowledging that there have been other, more pressing priorities to deal with. But Flip Time Pain, Bid Spying Pain have been an issue for a very long time. Now we have the extra-special Maintenance Time Pain thrown on top of it.

I really don't think an answer, after asking the questions since last year, is an unreasonable expectation?

I agree with you 100%,in reality ZOS will only answer when they want too. No matter how much we tell them its a pain or start a petition or boycott or anything. The individuals like ourselves who take an active approach are a rare few compared to those who just get on play a bit and get off & dont really care about issues. Also ZOS has always worked on there own schedule, yes the meetings are there to show they care but like you said you have given them a list & still no reply, to top it off its been 1 whole year, lets hope they actually make changes when the next DLC or Player housing comes out but I'm not gonna hold my breath on it.

PC NA SERVER

Options
  • Anslay
    Anslay
    ✭✭✭
    Preparing for another week of this... *sigh*

Please, ZOS.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anslay wrote: »

Please, ZOS.

To ZOS, I think they looked at this thread and decided that they have already said what they want to say on the subject. Yeah, maybe not everyone heard it, but eventually someone that did hear it will speak up. That will put the subject to rest.

Since nothing has changed, or something has changed but TPTB have decreed that we cannot know, there is no reason to comment.
    Edited by Elsonso on August 19, 2016 4:37PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Lady_Ems
    Lady_Ems
    ✭✭✭
    Going on 2 weeks with this thread. 8 pages and still no word from Zos. No Go jump off a cliff, No we don't give a crap, or a we ain't gonna do nothing about it. Just complete utter silence in the fact of completely ignoring everyone posting on this thread, everyone tagging members of the Zos team @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_AlanG, to name a few, we just want and at this point need to hear something from the team that our pleas have at least been heard.
    Options
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lady_Ems wrote: »
    Going on 2 weeks with this thread. 8 pages and still no word from Zos. No Go jump off a cliff, No we don't give a crap, or a we ain't gonna do nothing about it. Just complete utter silence in the fact of completely ignoring everyone posting on this thread, everyone tagging members of the Zos team @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_AlanG, to name a few, we just want and at this point need to hear something from the team that our pleas have at least been heard.

Agreed :s

PC NA SERVER

Options
  • Anslay
    Anslay
    ✭✭✭

Please, ZOS.

To ZOS, I think they looked at this thread and decided that they have already said what they want to say on the subject. Yeah, maybe not everyone heard it, but eventually someone that did hear it will speak up. That will put the subject to rest.

Since nothing has changed, or something has changed but TPTB have decreed that we cannot know, there is no reason to comment.

This problem doesn't go away for us because there's not a response. We still have to deal with this EVERY WEEK that we choose to continue to support their design and decisions. With maintenance overlapping, it's no longer a bug we learn to live with. It's a crapshoot that rewards cheaters.

ZOS, please fix it so that cheating isn't rewarded in this game!

I'm particularly confused as to why there's no communication on this. We need some help here. We would like to care for our guilds, but we NEED to preserve our sanity, sleep on Sunday nights, and wake up refreshed for work on Monday mornings (or at least be tired because we were enjoying game content instead of stressing out).

This is a game, we don't expect perfection, but please allow us to enjoy it again!

@ZOS_RichLambert
    Options
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This makes me sad.
    Options
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow really, still not one reply from ZOS?

Come on, how difficult is it to just move maintenance time to Tuesday? Can't be that hard since it has been moved to Tuesdays before. Added bonus, you won't have to change it in the future for the reasons that made you move it briefly to Tuesday in the past...

The lack of acknowledgement here is ridiculous. Even if you have no plans to ever change anything, take two minutes to post that on this thread. Ignoring the thread will not make it go away.
    Options
  • howdawut
    howdawut
    ✭✭

I honestly interpret their silence as an apathetic stance regarding this issue. Especially when I see them respond to issues/requests that have much less impact on the game. This is an exploit that breaks how it is intended to work. They have been shown how simple it is to do. Maybe the folks tagged in this thread just don't "get" what this is about and therefore can not empathize with trading guild masters.
    Options
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭
    howdawut wrote: »

I honestly interpret their silence as an apathetic stance regarding this issue. Especially when I see them respond to issues/requests that have much less impact on the game. This is an exploit that breaks how it is intended to work. They have been shown how simple it is to do. Maybe the folks tagged in this thread just don't "get" what this is about and therefore can not empathize with trading guild masters.

I would agree, I mean sometimes I wonder how many of them "Actually" play the game, were as we play it, so the feedback were giving them is directly from experience of playing the game.

PC NA SERVER

Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still a bit confused about how this process works currently.

When server goes down for scheduled maintenance early each Monday morning, the guild traders are still open for bidding at that time? And then if maintenance is over before 8AM ET, then officers have short time to hire an unclaimed trader by 8AM if the bid was lost - is that right?

The last few weeks, the servers did not go back up before 8AM ET, so I would have expected to see some unclaimed guild traders nobody was able to bid on.

Or are unclaimed traders still available after maintenance even if the servers don't come back online until late in the day? Do they just stay available indefinitely until someone hires them?
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on August 20, 2016 9:00PM
    Options
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this work currently?

On Mondays...

7:55A EDT/4:55A PDT: Bidding Closes
    8A EDT/5A PDT: Bids Process
    As soon as the bids process, you know the result and you know if a kiosk is "open"

5-10 Minutes later: Any guild with 50+ members and 100 gold can directly "hire" an open trader for the week (regardless whether or not store has anything for sale)

This all happens whether the server is up or not. "open" kiosks remain open until someone hires. They are generally all gone within 15 minutes.

With maintenance now happening at 4A EDT Mondays, here's how it works for Trade Guild Officers dealing with bid-spying:

Get up at 3:45AM EDT or stay up til almost 1AM if you're west coast. Tougher choice if you're in a time zone in between.
    Put final bids in to try to fend off bid-spyers, though this doesn't work so well because the servers go down whenever they go down. 4AM, 4:05 or later.

Get up again at 7:45AM EDT to see if the servers are back up.
    Yes? Log in, top off the bid again, then see if you won. Go look for a kiosk if you didn't.
    No? Go back to bed, or to work, see how things turned out whenever you're able to log back in.

Got the day off? Sit in front of your computer waiting for patch to download, hope it's fast, or those with quicker download speeds will snap up any open kiosks long before you get online.

Moving kiosk bid deadlines to primetime Sunday night would eradicate all issues but bid-spying.
    While another alternative would be optimal, simply concealing bank balance based on permissions would eradicate bid spying.

Two simple steps, the exploiters can't exploit and guild management can actually sleep Sunday night.

Edited by hiyde on August 20, 2016 9:06PM
    Options
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should only be allowed to bid once.
    Options
  • Anslay
    Anslay
    ✭✭✭

To what, guarantee that the cheaters have a better chance at winning?
    Options
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How in the hell can you cheat a one done bid?

You should place a closed bid and wait till flip. That is the only way this should work.
    Edited by clayandaudrey_ESO on August 21, 2016 1:38AM
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How in the hell can you cheat a one done bid?

You should place a closed bid and wait till flip. That is the only way this should work.

Let's say I place a bid for 123456g

Someone spying on the bid can see that I bid 123456g, and then they'll bid 123457g to beat the bid.

To counteract that, guilds will place their final bid at the last moment, so that people spying on what is supposed to be a blind private bid won't have enough time to act on it. But placing a bid last-minute has risks, too, such as the bid not going through, technical difficulties, etc. So guilds will place an initial bid (so that they have something placed as a bid), and then place their final bid at the last moment.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options