Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would You Buy Any of the Style Parlor Tokens?

Samuel_Bantien
Samuel_Bantien
✭✭✭
2 Years of Waiting and it has finally arrived! Not to mention the prices are announced RIGHT BEFORE THE BIG UPDATE!

Prices:
Appearance Change: 1000 Crowns Each
Race Change: 3000 Crowns Each
Name Change: 2500 Crowns Each
Hair styles: 200 Crowns Each
Xael wrote: »
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober

For these prices some changes need to be made before you go live.

Race Changes do not include a name change.
Appearance change does not include a name change either.
This is a terrible design. Either it's a massive oversight or you are doing this on purpose as another cash-grab.

Here are reasons why this current design is bad. Let's look at these hypotheticals:
  • Bill has an Argonian named like other Argonian npcs befitting nothing but an Argonian. Bill decides to race change to an Altmer. Name no longer fits. Now you have to pay for a name change along with the race change.
  • Tom has a male Nord named Larry. Tom decides to get an appearance change to go female. Name no longer applies. Now Tom has to buy a name change alongside the appearance change she already purchased.

This to me screams of intentional rip off. Especially if the prices are kind of high (and they are). Keep in mind when you introduced the Banker and Merchant there were no notes in the description indicating you couldn't repair on the Merchant, use the guild bank on the Banker. Each cost 5k crowns. No refunds. Guess who bought both not knowing these little facts? Me.

Regarding the new character changes:
The 3 changes should be supersets of each other.
  1. Name change
  2. Name change + appearance change
  3. Name change + appearance change + race change

World of Warcraft managed to get this right. So did several other MMORPGs that are older. Are you really going to gouge us like this?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3206311/#Comment_3206311

Why didn't they handle it like World of Warcraft?
(0): Hairstyle/Ornaments/Beards are in-game gold. - Even the same with Final Fantasy XIV's Aesthetician! Should've followed through with the original immersive plan!
(1): Name Change (500) Crowns
(2): Name Change + Appearance Change (750 Crowns)
(3): Name Change + Appearance Change + Race Change (1250 Crowns)

Edit: One of my biggest rants is that: lets tell a quick story.
I came from Final Fantasy XIV and I'm looking to come back. I buy 3 Fantasias (A.K.A. Race Change/Appearance Change) for $20.00 US. 3 Seperate times to completely design a whole new race for $20.00! I come back and lurk the forums because I heard that ZoS was introducing appearance change options.

Edit: I almost forgot (too upset) to display my opinion! I have several varying opinions but all will say: No I do not agree with the prices.
For one, I would be content with the prices if they came in bundles like @Xael mentions in his above quote. Secondly, I believe ZenimaxOnline Studios will make more money selling these Tokens at a lowered cost because they would be more readily accessible (more people would be willing to buy it everyday) rather than having an inflated cost where only a couple will buy it every once in a while. I jumped on the ZoS hype train and I jumped off and landed in a pit of anger. I am not willing to buy Crowns TWICE to get one Name Change and one Race Change (5500 Crowns). These prices are attrocious and a huge slap to anyone that has vouched and waited for a way to get or buy a Race or Appearance Change or even a Name Change.
Not only that, I started Day 1 Early Release and I was there for the dreaded No Zoom In Bug while in Character Creation. Having to pay 1000 Crowns just to redo my fudged up 1st day Character is an insult by Zenimax (which they are also responsible for this bug) and for not keeping their promise of having an in-game barber that could be bought with gold is an even bigger insult. If we let ZoS get away with selling these Tokens at this price we may as well have spent money for the "costume" they called Breton Hero.

Edit: So I learned that they are introducing a Race/Appearance and Name Change bundle for 3500 Crowns - $40.00. My problemis that it is only 1 Charge. Final Fantasy spoiled me with 3 Race/Appearance for $20.00 and an infinite amount In-Game Gold Barber shop system. I can get 1 Name Change and 3 Race Changes with $40.00, so I feel that this is a cash scam for those that rolled perfectly viable races in 1.0-1.5 that turned to cash-grab Crown Store 1.6 where your race determined your class -Argonians, Bretons, Nords, Imperial i'm looking at you.
Edited by Samuel_Bantien on July 28, 2016 12:41AM
Zaxon
PC NA
Ebonheart:
Magicka Dragonknight: Suedoú
Magicka Nightblade: Suedou
Magicka Sorcerer: Suedoe

Would You Buy Any of the Style Parlor Tokens? 191 votes

Yes, explain.
28%
driosketchwayfarerxSlakkHanokihsIoveAlienSlofKhenarthikwisatzKharnisMurrayJnrAbeillenickreb17_ESOBlueVioletDerNachtfalterSnippit_ThomasWolfsheadkongkimCîanaiNecronhexSarevocc 54 votes
No, explain.
40%
kevlarto_ESOarkansas_ESOUriel_NocturneMojmirNewBlacksmurfBrambleWhiteCoatSyndromedennissomb16_ESONebthet78elwhymurmurEIGHTSpitkanencomplexeb17_ESOoddavistojekarcub18_ESOAlex_LexTanadrielMoonscytheSorataArisugawalookstwice 78 votes
These Prices Ruin My Immersion! (No Explanation) - No.
25%
Solarikenraidentenshu_ESOSlurgTravy_2Hypetspecherb14_ESOMadyItsGlaiveValen_ByteIdinuseWowAlayaMfeyiiPBpsyPowerhausLettigallStranglehandsEnemy-of-ColdharbourZosiaFirerock2Mettaricana 49 votes
Samuel's Idea Brings Back my Immersion. (No Explanation)
5%
Anath_QAldarennSanTii.92Reifthestampede38Rex-UmbraCromulentForumIDstarsandslokesgardmegageeklizzy 10 votes
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    These changes are not something that are supposed to be bought every day. The high prices will keep the changes limited.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I'm going to buy that Tousled Bard hairstyle and the subtle black lashes because they look good on my characters. The hairstyle is going to be worn by my vampire, and the lashes by all of my characters that can wear it except for my Bosmer (she has antlers, and they bug with the lashes).

That's it.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • zardenurghanb14_ESO
    only thing im getting is a name change
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I will buy so many!!! All hair styles! All accessories! I love eso!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    No.

Race change should be expensive enough that you don't do it on a whim, so I'm fine with that.

I really don't think we should be changing our names on a whim, either, but I would agree that the name-change price seems a bit much.

As for appearance, I utterly fail to see why a tiny tweak to my character's lips that I've been waiting two years to make should cost as much as retooling every aspect of his appearance. The idea of paying a thousand crowns for such a tiny change is simply one I cannot justify.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't want to. Appearance changes should cost in game gold.

I can change my Star Trek Online characters' appearances as much as I want and it either costs nothing or a trivial amount. It's the clothing that costs money. Things like hair changes, altering facial and body dimensions etc. are trivial costs.

That's what I'm used to and that's how it should be here.
    Edited by Holycannoli on July 26, 2016 10:34PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I plan on buying a couple appearance change tokens to tweak some of my launch characters that don't look just the way I'd like, so I'm only on the hook for a couple months of sub worth of crowns.

If I had been planning on doing any name or race changes I probably would have voted differently.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    No. Prices are wrong
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Aldarenn
    Aldarenn
    ✭✭✭
    I hate how almost everything vanity related is locked behind DLC and Crown Store.

There's not a single mount in this game that drops in dungeons, trials, or even PvP!

Only one polymorph in base game or you need 800k gold to buy IC costumes in market. No hats and huge lack of costumes to unlock in base game patch. The money just isn't there. ZOS has shown that money = immersion, although money > customer/player needs.
    Edited by Aldarenn on July 26, 2016 11:11PM
    Templar - Noel Kreiss - DC
    Dragonknight - Formerly known as Brother Martin now Lunafreya Nox Fleuret - DC
    Dragonknight - Snow Villiers - EP
    Sorcerer - Formerly known as The Last Dragonborn now Arata Sanada - EP
    Nightblade - Yuugo Kamishiro - EP
    Templar - Yuuko Kamishiro - EP
    Sorcerer - Ravus Nox Fleuret - EP
    Templar - Hirose Kouta - EP
    PC NA

Imperator Rebelliun
    Nexus

揃ったw
    お!
    ふぁいと!
    Zaxon
  • FullBlownBeast
    FullBlownBeast
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Na, if those prices were about 33-35% lower then all would be good. This is just a calculated amount they believe will make the most money from w/e stats they have. Nothing to do with preventing to many people from changing, or not allowing people to do it on a whim or any of that bs people make up.
    Plain and Simple
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I am not spending 200 crowns just to remove the tiara(unless I have some over at some point), and that is the ONLY thing I don't like about my main.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    These changes are not something that are supposed to be bought every day. The high prices will keep the changes limited.

Why do changes need to be kept limited?
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    two words can explain, and truthfully it brings me to tears as I've been waiting for this for months: too expensive.
    sometimes I'll take subjects to far and ask for an arm, leg and maybe an eye, please be patent with me.
    remember this thread people: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/193736/should-eso-turn-up-the-heat-aka-gore-revisited/p1
    necromancer? why I've neve- I would never do such a thing! XD
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »

Why do changes need to be kept limited?

They don't
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I find these prices OFFENSIVE. Zenimax's Crown Store has turned into Donald Trump, only the rich people can afford things... I want Crown Store to be like Bernie Sanders, letting the less fortunate be able to afford items. Lowering the prices would bring a larger crowd to the crown store. Right now it's only pleasing people with money as Zenimax is almost forcing people to have 5-10k ($50-$100) crowns ready for Update 11.

Prices should be lowered 30%. Or sell them for the current prices but in packs of 2-3 Tokens.
    Edited by andreasranasen on July 26, 2016 11:28PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    no....as someone wo working in country with weaker currency.....to expensive...nty, I dont want spend that much money for this small......faster I will spend 2x more or much more money just for alco than for that expensive crap. thank you
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    Appearance is reasonable and I'll be tweaking my 2+ year old main who ended up looking off to how I thought I was making her. No name changes or race changes for me at that price.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I am sorry, but I am not paying as much real life money to cut my character's hair as pay to cut my own hair >.> Seriously... This is stupid.
  • mihaiisraging
    mihaiisraging
    ✭✭✭
    If you are a vampire you will be ugly no matter what
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, explain.
    None of these are must have items, so I will not buy them as I do not need them.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I am content with my character's class, race, hair and literally everything else. I don't need a style parlor.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    I'll be purchasing one bundle of "Name Change token & Race Change token" for the totally great price of 3500 crowns to update one character. I wanted to change the name and appearance of another few characters too but will not be doing this anymore. Your extraordinarily greedy. So unreal.

ZOS, these prices are absolutely disgusting. You're not even giving each account a few free tokens or anything. You want everyone to just throw the money of full-fledged DLCs around like it's nothing, but all it does is make everyone considering ESO (viewing from an outside perspective) think the game is utter trash and full of Developer greed. They are no longer wrong. Fix this pricing mess and give us some free tokens. Do something. It's ridiculous.

New players now get to witness horrific performance and outrageous prices for simple things like appearance change. You know how to correctly price DLC and content, so why is this so difficult. I could change the race of one character or purchase Orsinium..... see why it's stupid yet?

We get the best deals from the 5500 Crown pack for ESO costing $40. This translates pathetically into real prices for these tokens.

One Appearance Change Token: ~$18.18
    One Race Change Token: ~$21.82
    One Name Change Token: ~$7.27

What are they thinking? I can write pages on all the steps they've taken (in so many ways) to trick players or set us up so they can squeeze as much money as possible from us. Not from content, but rather dirty business tricks.

I wish ZOS was one of those companies that could rake in $$$ and have the players love them. If they didn't do such dirty things, I'd purposely Sub and buy crown packs to support them. These guys keep on earning a bit of my respect only to throw it away through pure greed.

Like I said before: The crafting bag started a very bad trend with ZOS. Costume Dyes came next, now the Barbershop was scrapped in favor of this Style Parlor. Forget about player housing friends.... it'll cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars, no doubt.

Also notice how none of these Crown features have bugs? They thoroughly test them. This is why the rest of the game will not ever see its performance polished. They are focusing 100% of the Crown Store now.

Never felt like this against ZOS before, but the pattern is clear as day. They are driving away many existing players and at least 95% or more of new players. That's the sign of a game that tries as hard as possible to die. Atrocious performance on console, ever-expanding prices for the Crown Store, and so much more. Only genuine thing left at ZoS right now is a handful of cool developers. I don't even know what else to say but could rant for hours...... I'll end it by saying that something for Player Housing will cost 5K crowns. Called it.

And if someone at ZOS did read this.
    FIX. YOUR. PRICES.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 26, 2016 11:43PM
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, explain.
    If you are a vampire you will be ugly no matter what

I think my vampire is cute :<
    izE5TDz.png

I'll probably end up buying the hair pack, though, since I also think that's reasonably priced even if the resources were already there. Better than ponying up $10 every time I want to change a hairstyle.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I'm not paying more crowns for a race change than for a dlc.

I usually don't buy dlc's, because price and i'm not fond of pve.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I don't think an explanation is needed.

It obvious that the prices are ridiculous high, and even if I already have the crowns due to ESO+, I don't intend in expending them with this kind of pricing practices.

PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to buy any token at these rates. A pitty really, but Zos needs to understand that lower prices will probably grant more revenue, specially for consumable items like these.

With Samuel's prices I'd have completly revamp two chars, that would have been 2500 crowns. Now I'll do none, zero - 0 crowns for you Zos. Please take note.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on July 27, 2016 12:15AM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I'll pass, this is too expensive. I'll take my time when I create a new character to be sure not to have to waste that much money just to redo my hair color and re-roll if needed.

As a subscriber I have to save crowns for two months to get a name or race change? I want to buy something else with my crowns, I have a lot of them from a crown sale but won't waste them on this.

Yet, I would be ok with those prices if there was a NPC that allows me to change my hair style and color, make up and adornments as often as I want with in game gold. I'm fine with a complete appearance change costing crowns but there should be an immersive way to do what we can actually do by going to a "barber shop" (No sex, ears size or voice changes for example).

I might buy the premium hair styles and stuff, though. ;)
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    Maybe but the price is a little much but I have a good job so its not really a problem but still why does something like a race change cost more that a whole DLC something I expect to expensive
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.

My question is why everyone seems to think that it is an awful thing if people change their characters a lot. What is the problem for anyone else if I want my hair a different color or style every single day, or I change my make-up or jewelry every day? I do it in real life. Guys grow and shave facial hair all the time. I frankly don't even see an issue with major changes. How does that affect anyone else's game play?
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, explain.
    I won't buy them because the cost is too much. Maybe I'm not vain enough since this is all supposed to be vanity related. I am more than a little put off by all the control freaks who think these changes should be precious and rare for whatever reason.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar