Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Barber Shop prices revealed

• petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Race change should be very expensive, IMO.

But appearance change? They should have done something like SWTOR did, where tiny changes cost less than big changes. If all I want to do is make a character who looks like she's frowning all the time look a little less frowny, that seems like something I should be able to do for less than a thousand crowns.

One more point, however, and this is a big one deserving of the all-caps-and-bold-font-thing, THOSE OF US WHO COULD NOT ZOOM IN ON OUR CHARACTERS IN CHARACTER CREATION AT LAUNCH SHOULD GET FREE TOKENS FOR THOSE CHARACTERS. There has to be a way for them to tell which characters go all the way back to the first week, right?

Nothing should be very expensive.. they brainwashed you.

Oh yes it should, because race change is pandering to the min/maxers who are a pox on communities. Easy race change radically increases the chances that you won't be allowed into groups because you chose your race based on what you wanted to play rather than on what the meta insists are best. At least if it's expensive you're a little less likely to be expected to do it by people who think min/maxing is the only way to play.

Race change should be something you do because you're really serious about it, not willy-nilly--at least in a good game.

That's why they made it so expensive huh? Discourage the thousands upon thousands of casuals to change their race so elitists can't be pricks about it? If they wanted to prevent that 'pox', they should have just removed racial passives.

The only reason ZOS chose this price is because they estimated this would make them the most money. And they're probably right. But it won't be my money at least.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MarcoPolo wrote: »
    Looks like mine are staying the way they are thats ridiculous pricing
    So. Much. This.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Pandorii wrote: »
    How do you all feel about the "unlimited hairstyles" bundle for 3500? You can change your hair to any style, any number of times.

Considering it said hairstyles start at 200 crowns I can see me purchasing the bundle.

Just a word of caution for everyone -- the hairstyle bundle includes normal hairstyles from the character creation screen only. New hairstyles are sold separately at 200+ crowns each.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    Dont know why all u guys complain. Zenimax want to make money, Im fine with that (and I'm a *** poor student).

All of you have the choice to create exactly the character u want, just start a new one and grind it in 5 hours (no joke!). It is not Zenimax fault if you made the wrong decision or not happy anymore with the visual look of your character. So if there is some1 who wants to change that, I'm fine with that price.

Dont mean to be offensive, but if u really want another race or anything of your character, hell you had now 2 years to just start it. And plz dont argue with "but skyshards, lorebooks" etc. This is for people who are to lazy to start the new one or want a stronger race for their playstyle, so I'm fine if you have to pay for this.

Edit: MUHAHA IM ALTMER SORC xD

Actually, it can be Zeni's fault if I'm not happy with my character. They are in charge of racial passives and can change they any time them want. Any given change might make my character less than ideal. Suggesting that I can magically forsee the future of any given race change at the point I create my character is a bit crazy. If I already have 12 characters, should I delete one and reroll it every time they decide to change abilities around?
    Edited by redspecter23 on July 26, 2016 5:58PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll pay this for sure. You definitely deserve the money after staying on top of the xbox one issues ..sarcasm off..

Get your people to work on the important stuff and maybe I'd say these prices were justifiable.

For now I'll save my money for real haircuts.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really ZOS's loss in the end . A good parasite feeds off the victims without alerting them , taking a slow steady meal instead of big bites . The host is important . Without them the nourishment is gone .

Same in business . You make changes reasonable and the people will use them even more then expected . Especially cosmetic changes that appeal to customer vanity . They could probably milk customers for even more if they didn't feel the sting right away .
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do you all feel about the "unlimited hairstyles" bundle for 3500? You can change your hair to any style, any number of times.

Considering it said hairstyles start at 200 crowns I can see me purchasing the bundle.

Just a word of caution for everyone -- the hairstyle bundle includes normal hairstyles from the character creation screen only. New hairstyles are sold separately at 200+ crowns each.

Oh really?! I missed that bit!! :(
    Edited by Cazzy on July 26, 2016 6:01PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The irony here is that if ZOS priced this stuff reasonably, they'd probably make more money from people doing more frequent changes. Instead, the prices are way too prohibitive.

I had several changes planned. But seeing these prices, I've scrapped all but one. Good job, you just lost revenue.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoo boy. Here we go. *deep breath*

Appearance change: Sure. 1k is... reasonable, I guess. That's what I thought it'd be. I'll have to tweak my main, but everyone else looks fine, so that's 1/4 of my current crowns. Whatever.

Race change: Oof. Steep. I was expecting maybe 2k, tops. Sucks for min-maxers, I guess? They'd better not drastically change the races each patch. Glad I decided to stay Argonian, though.

Name change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Jesus Christ 2500 crowns to change a single string value is ridiculous. I get you don't want people to change names willy-nilly, but what in Oblivion kind of pricing scheme is that?

I'm incredibly disappointed with how many crowns it costs for such a minimal amount of effort. ZOS, I normally try to understand where you're coming from, and believe me, I know how much salt you get on a daily basis for things, but what?!

Combo token: Nrhg. Would rather it be 2500, but you're charging that for a name change alone.

Hair pack: Misread initially on this. Gina said it'll be 1k crowns. That's fine.

Individual hair styles: As long as "starting at" means "within the general vicinity of", fine. Just don't like, have those Argonian eyelashes for 200 crowns and hairstyles for 1k a pop.

Please for the love of God include a crown sale with this DLC. I really don't want this game to become a cash grab. Please.
    Edited by rhapsodious on July 26, 2016 6:08PM
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont know why all u guys complain. Zenimax want to make money, Im fine with that (and I'm a *** poor student).

All of you have the choice to create exactly the character u want, just start a new one and grind it in 5 hours (no joke!). It is not Zenimax fault if you made the wrong decision or not happy anymore with the visual look of your character. So if there is some1 who wants to change that, I'm fine with that price.

Dont mean to be offensive, but if u really want another race or anything of your character, hell you had now 2 years to just start it. And plz dont argue with "but skyshards, lorebooks" etc. This is for people who are to lazy to start the new one or want a stronger race for their playstyle, so I'm fine if you have to pay for this.

Edit: MUHAHA IM ALTMER SORC xD

Actually, it can be Zeni's fault if I'm not happy with my character. They are in charge of racial passives and can change they any time them want. Any given change might make my character less than ideal. Suggesting that I can magically forsee the future of any given race change at the point I create my character is a bit crazy. If I already have 12 characters, should I delete one and reroll it every time they decide to change abilities around?

Thats true, but I can just speak from my perspective (Ps4) and since then tehre were no drastically cahnges to races, which would make one useless now.
    E.g. Altmer is great for Magicka (I guess since PC-Beta?), Redguard for Stamina etc. They might chance some tweaks (as they do now), but not in a way that u cant play your character anymore, do they?
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol.. I called it back in June.

"Race change is a silly idea. But, since so many people seem to want it, it should be priced up there with the DroMathra Senche, so I can bathe in the rage tears and keep my scales moist."

I erect the spine of gratitude for this wondrous bath. :D
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the real world, folks usually pay according to the effort and skill it takes to create a product; not so in the digital world apparently.

Happy to pay 2500 for a content dlc like Orsinium. I'm sure this takes a great deal of time to construct, and leads to hopefully many hours of enjoyment for the consumer.

A name change can't possibly take more than 5 minutes to program. This should be a standard feature, and cost in-game gold.

Changing hairstyles and colors/adornments for in-game gold is a standard feature in many other MMOs. The fact that ZOS monetizes it is beyond greed; we already spend a fortune to fill their coffers to bursting on over-priced reskinned mounts and hideous costumes/motifs that misshape our characters (especially the females).

Why is it not enough to be a monthly subscriber? Why must we all be turned upside down and have the coins in our pockets shaken out?

ZOS, do you want all of us to put you in our wills as the only beneficiary? Would that be sufficient?

Your game is fun, but it's not THAT fun.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love irony in all its forms, this is no exception. :D
    Dont mean to be offensive...
    Then proceeds to be offensive.
    This is for people who are to lazy to start the new one...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very high pricing, but nobody is forcing anyone to use this feature. I took ages to create my characters so I have no need of this feature.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Question: If you buy race change, does it also come with an appearance change? Think about it. I take my nord (first char, big mistake) and turn her into a redguard or bosmer. How will the game generate her appearance? Hair colors differ from race to race and so do the effects of changing the choice of the facial structure.

Yes - race change includes race and an appearance change by default

Appearance change alone includes all but character race.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    petraeus1 wrote: »

But appearance change? They should have done something like SWTOR did, where tiny changes cost less than big changes. If all I want to do is make a character who looks like she's frowning all the time look a little less frowny, that seems like something I should be able to do for less than a thousand crowns.

One more point, however, and this is a big one deserving of the all-caps-and-bold-font-thing, THOSE OF US WHO COULD NOT ZOOM IN ON OUR CHARACTERS IN CHARACTER CREATION AT LAUNCH SHOULD GET FREE TOKENS FOR THOSE CHARACTERS. There has to be a way for them to tell which characters go all the way back to the first week, right?

Oh yes it should, because race change is pandering to the min/maxers who are a pox on communities. Easy race change radically increases the chances that you won't be allowed into groups because you chose your race based on what you wanted to play rather than on what the meta insists are best. At least if it's expensive you're a little less likely to be expected to do it by people who think min/maxing is the only way to play.

Race change should be something you do because you're really serious about it, not willy-nilly--at least in a good game.

That's why they made it so expensive huh? Discourage the thousands upon thousands of casuals to change their race so elitists can't be pricks about it? If they wanted to prevent that 'pox', they should have just removed racial passives.

The only reason ZOS chose this price is because they estimated this would make them the most money. And they're probably right. But it won't be my money at least.

Things can be more than one thing at a time, you know. It could be a money grab on ZOS's part AND useful to prohibit people from race-changing unless they're really serious about it. It can also have good sides and bad sides, with the good outweighing the bad for some and not doing so for others.

Or it could just be not the way you want it so automatically greedy and evil.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on July 26, 2016 6:08PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Foxesz
    Foxesz
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Shlomo

you were a nice picture
    I'm a roleplayer through and through, questions regarding that are always welcome!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No salt here really , just had to say a few things as I'd like things improved . I won't be using this feature but still wish ZOS a good day . Thanks for the option though .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on July 26, 2016 6:09PM
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not thrilled with the pricing on appearance and race change, although I do think they fall on the higher end of "reasonable", but name change is the only one I'm baffled by. I'm thinking of it in a purely development-time-to-money perspective, though, and not what marketing thought would be a reasonable price considering market trends, though.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No point in complaining. They sometimes change skill balance and game mechanics based on player complaining. I have never seen them reduce the crown cost of an item based on complaints.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The irony here is that if ZOS priced this stuff reasonably, they'd probably make more money from people doing more frequent changes. Instead, the prices are way too prohibitive.

I had several changes planned. But seeing these prices, I've scrapped all but one. Good job, you just lost revenue.

Great point, @code65536 ... the one name change I planned is now scrapped also.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Plinkett 1.0<3
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Likewise. I only had small tweaks I wanted to make. None of them come close to warranting 1K crowns. If they'd charge less for smaller changes and more for bigger changes, they would make money off of me. Instead, they will not.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on July 26, 2016 6:16PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jkolb2030 wrote: »
    Question: If you buy race change, does it also come with an appearance change? Think about it. I take my nord (first char, big mistake) and turn her into a redguard or bosmer. How will the game generate her appearance? Hair colors differ from race to race and so do the effects of changing the choice of the facial structure.

Yes - race change includes race and an appearance change by default

Appearance change alone includes all but character race.

Although I think 3k is still expensive, since it includes the 1k appearance change, we're really paying 2k for the race change. It's not so bad, but still expensive overall.

Here's for hoping for a crown sale + the bundle.

This is really lame! I thought it was the new styles too.
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    petraeus1 wrote: »

Things can be more than one thing at a time, you know. It could be a money grab on ZOS's part AND useful to prohibit people from race-changing unless they're really serious about it. It can also have good sides and bad sides, with the good outweighing the bad for some and not doing so for others.

Or it could just be not the way you want it so automatically greedy and evil.

Evil? Huh?

Greedy. I am confident enough to confirm that.

Saying it's got to do with my expectations, does not necessarily invalidate my argument. It's a matter of whether said expectations are reasonable.

Your argument of a prohibitive function does not convince me, because it seems counter productive: instead of doing something about the aforementioned 'pox', they have the rest of the community bear the burden. So while it may coincidentally have that function, I don't approve of it.
    Edited by petraeus1 on July 26, 2016 6:21PM
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    I am confused. Which purchase is buy one time packs of 90 variations and you can switch between them anytime? What is the price on that kind of pack?
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see the 0rice of housing LOL
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    I find the pricing expensive and I've also scrapped most of my planned changes save one. However, it is in line with other MMOs in the market, and since ESO is b2p, I won't begrudge them from making money.

Is it the optimal price point from a business perspective? Who knows, I assume they have data and the market research. Why did WoW price their race change at $25?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    I am confused. Which purchase is buy one time packs of 90 variations and you can switch between them anytime? What is the price on that kind of pack?
    I think you're referring to the hairstyle pack? It will add all the hairstyles in the base game to your collections and let you switch between them whenever you like. It costs 1k crowns.
    Can't wait to see the 0rice of housing LOL
    My anxiety about housing costs has peaked today, that's for sure.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalifas wrote: »
    No word on how much they want for the base game hair pack, but they gave the price for everything else.

My guess is like 4000 Crowns, since it has 90+ hair styles in it (an 18000 Crown value! ...ahem)

Whoops, that was just an oversight! The hair style pack containing all hair styles from the base game will be 1000 crowns.