The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zos shouldn't add race change!!

Ghettokid
Ghettokid
✭✭✭✭✭
No no no no!!!
Why does everyone want race change? Every race is viable to succeed in pve and in pvp every way. And if you at the beginning made some race cause of appearance then seems like beeing best is not most important for you.

If they add race change then they should also bring class change! It would be equal then cause some people may regret that they made argonian or nord but some might also regret that they made sorc or templar.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where did this thread come from? It was never announced was it?
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody want the OP builds and they should put it in people who dont care they just play people who do care they can change it.. and especially if ZoS can make money off it they will character slots you had 8 now they changed it so you can have 12 4 slots to buy with crowns 1.5K each slot

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    No it wasnt but ive seen so much of people complaining that there is not race change so now i complain that they shouldnt even add it :smiley:
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    race change is comming with barbershop that is in production already, but no ETA on that yet

class change will not come, ZOS said
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    race change is comming with barbershop that is in production already, but no ETA on that yet

class change will not come, ZOS said

ETA for Barber shop is Fall 2016.
    Though I've seen no details as to what will be included with it; so your claim that Race Change will be available is, I think, unfounded.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 15, 2016 6:48PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No,no announcement yet.
    This is just a response to all the threads demanding race changes.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbershop = no more Argonians :cry:
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Should it come? No.

Will it come? Yes.
    Pallio wrote: »

My Healer will be Argonian forever so don't worry they will not go extinct :)
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on June 15, 2016 6:58PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fu... uhm... forget that. I'll keep playing my argonian dragonknight...

But then, I am one of those pesky roleplayers and as such care little about passives, min/maxxing or how I'll never be in the leaderbouards as long as I have fun playing my characters as I envision them.

I also care little about race change... I don't intend to use it (at least not unless they start selling new races, then I might reconsider... I could see me switching my nord thunder priest to an maormer stormcaller...), but I can see how it might make them money from the min/maxxer crowd, so as long as its appropirately priced... I have no issues with it. We shall see how that will work out.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm about to roll a new Argonian Stamblade. It's not min/maxed but I just think they look cool. I wonder...can Argonians have beards? Bearded Lizard...?
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭

I seen a video when .... was throwing ulti meteors spam at this Argonian Templar S&B he was taking like 10-20 maybe over meteors before he got killed pretty OP lol
    no naming and shaming

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm about to roll a new Argonian Stamblade. It's not min/maxed but I just think they look cool. I wonder...can Argonians have beards? Bearded Lizard...?
    Respect man!
    This is how I like to play. I wont make the most op character i make character I like most! Ofcourse I also understand if someone wants to play to get on top, then I see they playing altmer/redgurd/khajit and those kind of races
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    No no no no!!!
    Why does everyone want race change? Every race is viable to succeed in pve and in pvp every way. And if you at the beginning made some race cause of appearance then seems like beeing best is not most important for you.

If they add race change then they should also bring class change! It would be equal then cause some people may regret that they made argonian or nord but some might also regret that they made sorc or templar.

Do it for the cash grab.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    Race change should continue in the works because some of us did not understand the full extent of our decisions when we chose a race for our specific class. I think race change should continue to stay a valid option for the many who now understand the game fully. Sadly, but most people who play video games are impulsive creatures. I am one of those people who are impulsive. I would also like to see alliance change too. Bring on the race changes please...
    Edited by Kalebron on June 15, 2016 7:27PM
  • babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't we start with something even simpler, like name change. Baby steps.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalebron wrote: »
    Because some of us did not understand the full extent of our decisions when choosing a race. I think race change should continue to stay a valid option the many who now understand the game fully. Sadly, but most people who play video games are impulsive creatures. I am one of those people who are impulsive. Bring on the race changes please...

Also they buffed the race passives after many of us already created our characters.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    No no no no!!!

Don't be so short sighted, my time is limited and don't have the stomach to level another characters levels, alliance points, skills, undaunted, lore books, and shards. The meta has changed overtime and I made mistakes at launch. My play style has evolved and how I play today fits a different race passives. It doesn't harm anyone to pay for a race change and will make my gameplay more enjoyable rather than go through the *** grind. Jeez. Get off your high horse and stop dictating what's best for other players.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalebron wrote: »
    Race change should continue in the works because some of us did not understand the full extent of our decisions when we chose a race for our specific class. I think race change should continue to stay a valid option for the many who now understand the game fully. Sadly, but most people who play video games are impulsive creatures. I am one of those people who are impulsive. I would also like to see alliance change too. Bring on the race changes please...
    Well some of us maybe did not understand the full extent of our decisions when we chose a class...
    So why wont they bring class change too?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

No,no announcement yet.

Race change has been datamined.
    It's not a 100% guarantee that it will come, but still a fair indicator that it is likely to come.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP, I don't believe in race change. If it is to be introduced, however, it should be a strictly on a "once in the lifetime of a character" basis, otherwise it will just get silly with people chasing the FOTM race with every update.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I agree with the OP, I don't believe in race change. If it is to be introduced, however, it should be a strictly on a "once in the lifetime of a character" basis, otherwise it will just get silly with people chasing the FOTM race with every update.
    I say, make it expensive and let them chase the FOTM.
    (maybe even fiddle around with the passives every other update just to make them buy another racechange... :p;) )
    More money in ZOS warchest to code content for the rest of us that way...
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

No,no announcement yet.

Race change has been datamined.
    It's not a 100% guarantee that it will come, but still a fair indicator that it is likely to come.

No it's coming. They said so on an ESO Live. Pretty sure name change is too. Class change, however, is not.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody want the OP builds and they should put it in people who dont care they just play people who do care they can change it.. and especially if ZoS can make money off it they will character slots you had 8 now they changed it so you can have 12 4 slots to buy with crowns 1.5K each slot

I actually agree with the OP's sentiment. They should make it so race is less important to your build, or find ways to add other things in game that work around the issue. It is a little stupid how much better an Altmer mage is than a Khajiit Mage. While there was -some- advantage in the TES standalone games, it was never this stark.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race change is a silly idea. But, since so many people seem to want it, it should be priced up there with the DroMathra Senche, so I can bathe in the rage tears and keep my scales moist.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually agree with the OP's sentiment. They should make it so race is less important to your build, or find ways to add other things in game that work around the issue. It is a little stupid how much better an Altmer mage is than a Khajiit Mage. While there was -some- advantage in the TES standalone games, it was never this stark.

Yeah it was.

The difference in racial abilities (and constellations) in other games was -massive-. Like in Morrowind where Agonians were completely immune to disease and poison and could breath underwater. Or Altmer got twice as much Magicka.

Abilities like that would be absolutely game breaking in an MMO.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well dont use it IF....they ever do
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No one really wants it just a small minority. They keep making posts so it seems like a large majority of players want it but really its a stupid idea pushed by stupid people
  • xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    I want race and class change. I have 1 guy since day 1 it is an Imperial Templar. I did not know that I had one shot to get it right. :/
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    No one really wants it just a small minority. They keep making posts so it seems like a large majority of players want it but really its a stupid idea pushed by stupid people

@Ghettokid @mb10 @Miszou Dismiss an idea just because it doesn't benefit you or something you care for. GG why the f do any of you actually care what someone else's race is anyways? And you clearly haven't been around here for long (or the person who agreed with you lol), this is one of the most requested features since launch. Do me a favor and do a forum search of "race change" and come back and tell me is only a few people before you go spitting off mis information.

I see you saying, "it shouldn't be" or "its a stupid idea". But not one of you has posted a real thought about why the f you actually care?! And I'm willing to entertain what I expect to be some fantastic answers.

I mean did you just spin a wheel and point to what you were going to randomly decide to care about today? cause out of all things actually wrong with this game you want to stop people from changing race?
    Edited by Cuyler on June 15, 2016 8:28PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah it was.

The difference in racial abilities (and constellations) in other games was -massive-. Like in Morrowind where Agonians were completely immune to disease and poison and could breath underwater. Or Altmer got twice as much Magicka.

Abilities like that would be absolutely game breaking in an MMO.

Argonian poison/disease resistance is worthless in ESO. It is one of the lowest resistances in the game. You compare it to spell resistance of a Breton 3k+, vs. the 1.2k or whatever ridiculous amount argonians and bosmer receive, and this is on top some fairly flaccid passives the Argonian has. For starters the passives are not even equitable between races currently, and enchantments were very useful in making up for the difference in previous games. The point I am making is that at the upward bound of the game your race did not matter at all. That +50 extra magicka from being an Altmer was nice, but it was a static amount, not a scaling amount. I think you understand the difference. I stick by my argument that racial bonuses mean too much in ESO, particularly once soft caps were removed from the game.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>