Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Barber Shop prices revealed

Aeladiir
Aeladiir
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/S5-t8WSQafM

Appearance Change: 1000 tokens each => you need to buy atleast 1500 crowns (13 €)
Race Change: 3000 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)
Name Change: 2500 tokens each => you need to buy 3000 crowns (21 €)
Hair styles: 200+

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
Am I only one who feels that this is, like, kind of overpriced? Even as an ESO Plus member, I feel like this would be a huge waste of crowns and money. I mean, okay, I might be able to understand why you don't want people to change their races all the time, but why would you do that for names and appearance? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wanted to perfect his current characters with the help of the style parlour, but I don't think I'll be making any now.

With these prices, I'm kind of done with barber shop and it's not even come out yet. They teased it on ESO Live for months, now it only feels like a mindless cash-grab instead of a welcome feature.
  • MarcoPolo
    MarcoPolo
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like mine are staying the way they are thats ridiculous pricing
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :neutral:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    Aeladiir wrote: »

Appearance Change: 1000 tokens each => you need to buy atleast 1500 crowns (13 €)

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/07/26/update-11-guide-eso-style-parlor
    Am I only one who feels that this is, like, kind of overpriced? Even as an ESO Plus member, I feel like this would be a huge waste of crowns and money. I mean, okay, I might be able to understand why you don't want people to change their races all the time, but why would you do that for names and appearance? I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wanted to perfect his current characters with the help of the style parlour, but I don't think I'll be making any now.

With these prices, I'm kind of done with barber shop and it's not even come out yet. They teased it on ESO Live for months, now it only feels like a mindless cash-grab instead of a welcome feature.

Guess my Sorc is staying Breton and my Nightblade a Bosmer.
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭

you forgot about time cards

and its price is much lower

3000 crowns = $18 + 60 days eso+
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭

You're not the only one, but at the same time these prices do not surprise me.

ZOS has shown they will put anything cosmetic in the Crown Store: costumes, mounts, pets (all for continually increasing prices), now dyes and the barber shop too. When they put a motif in the game, it's increasingly a grind to get that motif: they split it in pages, the pages in fragments, the style materials in other fragments and they put everything behind daily quests in a DLC zone. Or you buy it from the Crown Store.

I exaggerate perhaps, but only slightly. Character customization for me is a major part of playing any RPG. But in ESO it's turned out to be ZOS' cash cow. That takes the fun out of it entirely.

If the game were F2P with free content updates I'd keep my mouth shut, but given the fact nothing comes for free in this game, except for the bugs and crashes, I am disappointed, though again, not surprised.
    Edited by petraeus1 on July 26, 2016 5:11PM
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    When it costs nearly as much to buy a virtual new hair style on a video game as the local barbers, it is time to question what kind of world we live in :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually expected race change to be 2500 but overall the prices are not far off from what I expected.

Edit: hair styles is a one time purchase. After that you can swap the hair styles at will. Of course there are some new styles that need to be purchased individually but still a one time purchase.
    Edited by idk on July 26, 2016 5:09PM
  • Kathrein
    Kathrein
    ✭✭✭
    i have only one thing to say https://youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonkydog wrote: »
    When it costs nearly as much to buy a virtual new hair style on a video game as the local barbers, it is time to question what kind of world we live in :)
    You hit the nail on the head
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too bad, actually. Typical for most MMOs.

Would've be nice if the barber shop idea actually went through, though.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was only ever interested in new hairstyles etc so it's all good for me.
    But are you really suprised the other stuff is expensive? Because the evidence to suggest otherwise has always been clearly visable.
    I think it's all still cheap considering what could have been.
    I mean they charge 5000 crowns for glass armor (per character)
    Edited by bedlom on July 26, 2016 5:10PM
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: If you buy race change, does it also come with an appearance change? Think about it. I take my nord (first char, big mistake) and turn her into a redguard or bosmer. How will the game generate her appearance? Hair colors differ from race to race and so do the effects of changing the choice of the facial structure.
  • Afortunado
    Afortunado
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really have a problem with most of these, except one. Race change price prevents most from rerolling every time the FOTM changes.

Appearance change seems a bit expensive but w/e. My problem is the hair. Why is this even a cash shop option..?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YIKES, that is a lot. 1000 for an appearance change is reasonable I suppose. 3000 for a race change is pretty high. I expected it to be high, but man, that's a lot. I was hoping it wouldnt be trivial to prevent people changing their race every month, but that is pretty prohibitive.

What gets me most is 2500 for a name change. Are you *** Kidding me? That is insane. It literally takes nothing in terms of programming on their end. I had plans to rename all my toons to fit a theme, but no thanks. Not at that price.

It would be great if they introduced some bulk options at least. Like rename your whole account for X amount of crowns. As it stands now, I might not do any of it.
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on July 26, 2016 5:48PM
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    No 'Name Swap Token'!!!! gonna cost me 6500 crowns to swap names of my two characters I guess I be able do in 2020... TT
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • SubtleHate
    SubtleHate
    ✭✭✭
    LOL yeah I'm not spending money on this garbage. I may buy a new hairstyle (200 crowns is reasonably priced) but everything else is a major rip off. The prices should be halved.

A note to any ZOS employees reading this thread: whomever the bigwig that made this decision was, tell them to *** him/herself
    Edited by SubtleHate on July 26, 2016 5:15PM
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you all feel about the "unlimited hairstyles" bundle for 3500? You can change your hair to any style, any number of times.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    YIKES, that is a lot. 1000 for an appearance change is reasonable I suppose. 3000 for a race change is pretty high. I expected it to be high, but man, that's a lot. I was hoping it wouldnt be trivial to prevent people changing their race every month, but that is pretty prohibitive.

What gets me most is 2500 for a name change. Are you *** Kidding me? That is insane. It literally takes nothing in terms of programming on their end. I had plans to rename all my toons to fit a theme, but no thanks. Not at that price.

It would be great if they introduced some bulk options at least. Like rename your whole account for X amount of crowns. As it stands now, I might not do any of it.

The name change price made me laugh out loud.
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on July 26, 2016 5:49PM
  • FullBlownBeast
    FullBlownBeast
    ✭✭✭
    This is what "large part of playerbase wanted"? Garbage content and wasted development time. Good.
    Plain and Simple
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I gotta say... name change 2500??????

As a happy banker buyer, subscriber and lots more dumped into crown store above those... no way.

I did not see even... is name change included in race chg? Or is changing "Named By Argonians" to "NewFurry-Dar" gonna run 6k?

Like all crown store stuff, i buy what i want and ignore the rest but name chg out of bounds imo.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crowns are different than tokens?

So, I'm unable to use my ESO Plus crowns on the character change tokens?

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You use the crowns to buy the tokens.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    I gotta say... name change 2500??????

As a happy banker buyer, subscriber and lots more dumped into crown store above those... no way.

I did not see even... is name change included in race chg? Or is changing "Named By Argonians" to "NewFurry-Dar" gonna run 6k?

Like all crown store stuff, i buy what i want and ignore the rest but name chg out of bounds imo.

They say they will have a race/name change bundle for 3500. Which is really more on target with what i would expect to pay for those 2 things.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on July 26, 2016 5:20PM
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you effin` kidding me?
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is absolutely INSANE! Zenimax is FORCING people to buy this and asking people to have atleast 5-10k crowns available when the Update 11 hits. A $20 DLC just turned into a $100 DLC...

This is not some limited edition mount in the crown store.. This is something we all feel like we need. Majority of players starting out made a mistake choosing a race that's not the best for that certain class. Majority of players wants to change the look of the our characters because we've had them for 1-2 years.

I feel sorry for people that don't have the means to spend $50-$100 on fluff.

This is GREED. I'm usually on Zenimax's side. But this absurd and extremely disappointing.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by andreasranasen on July 26, 2016 5:27PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    How do you all feel about the "unlimited hairstyles" bundle for 3500? You can change your hair to any style, any number of times.

Considering it said hairstyles start at 200 crowns I can see me purchasing the bundle.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F!!!!! That!

Sorry but I'm out
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

You use the crowns to buy the tokens.

Thank you.

I failed to read the description properly in my blind rage of the single use, 1K fee for changing my characters appearance.

:(
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much . I'll just make a new character . Not throwing $10 for a minor change .
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭