The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Auction House

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this troll thread is great entertainment I have to say. LUL

Yeah you do not want these "Rich corrupt" players getting their hands on a global action house. Then not even to mention the flood of Gold farmers flocking back to ESO. Nah I'm good with it the way that it is.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on July 22, 2016 2:30PM
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    Viveun wrote: »
    I thoroughly enjoy the current trade system. I easily spend 75% of my game play strictly on the market. I’m good at it – nay, I’m better than that. It’s fun to me. I do enjoy being a multi-millionaire.

Good luck to you. I do not like that aspect of the game, and spending more than 1% for me is waste of time.
    I tell you the first thing I’d do. I’d buy every robust agility ring on the market immediately. You would never see them priced below 200k again. I’d take advantage of the short deflation that would occur on gold tempers as all supply became centralized and I would hoard them. Sharpened elegant swords? Mine. I would have so much fun doing what I enjoy doing, and the casual player would suffer for it.

For casual player, you would actually do a great service by buying out robust agility rings. There are too much of people in vet dungeons with less that 18K HP even with food buff.

I also would benefit. I'll just offer farmed rings 1g less then you, and I'll have almost immediate sale. I would even test if you'll buy it at loss, in other game I earned quite much to person that seems tried to establish monopoly. I also will know that you will buy temper from me quickly and at high price. I need it only so much to upgrade own equipment. That is also nice to know. Just keep it hoarded. You want to get gold off other people's efforts. Nice. I'll look for the ways of making gold off you. The biggest problem with gold in this game, that it has limited applicability. There is only so much ways to make character stronger using gold and the increase is relatively minor.

For casual player, all goods on guild store do not make game changing difference. They are not going to notice few percent change. BoP equipment has much higher effect. Hardcore players will be able to earn enough money, also because you made effort to maintain prices high on range of goods. I'm getting about 100K per week w/o putting major effort into trading, by just doing dungeons and quests and selling loot. I would made greater than 300K if I would spend more time per day on activities that are not so interesting to me. High price on AH would benefit me, as I'll just need to undercut a bit to get a fast sale for dungeon loot to impatients or to you.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .The AH camp keep assuming that its only sellers (quoted as "exploiters / cronies" etc ( LOL ) that are voting remain. Im keen for it to stay how it is as a BUYER. Right now deals.can be had if you put in effort, all that goes away if you make that whole side of the game dull with a AH

as a seller I would make MORE money with AH as I always have to chance what I list things for and generally sell way too cheap especially if I don't know.how strong a trader position is.

but despote lost income I much prefer the system as it is now for both... It rewards time, effort and research!!!! Like all areas of the game!! Not sure why people don't want to put effort in, every one wants everything easy and instant......
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so brief review of the more recent posts for and against and I may start to see another reason its so polarising. Its such a broad game - camp A don't really get how camp B want to play. Some people just fish!! Some read all the lore, some only PvP, some only trade etc

It appears that those wanting AH don't really see trading as part of the game. Its like trading / purchasing is actually in the way to them getting on and into a dungeon or whatever. Hence the hate of putting in that small % of more effort. But they fail to realise that for a portion of people, trading is a huge part of the game. In fact I know guys that purely do trade. As both sellers and buyers.

It's like me saying Im a trader and why isn't all the vet dungeons easier so I can get more loot to sell? Dungeons are in my way to trading...... Sound ridiculous right. But its the same point reversed. Why ruin one camps game style just for your own ease. Unreal.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Viveun that is the wrong approach. First thing would be to create a guild with about 10 people or so in different time zones that would work together with you to dominate the market completely. That would be my first step, select a group of friends with rather deep pockets for the needed starting capital.

Next I'd go for every gold material in the game. I understand the idea of wanting to monopolize the trade of certain gear pieces, but gear loses value rather suddenly, gold on the other hand, or in this case, gold materials, will always be relevant and extremely necessary. Buy everything that is available, adding to the already silly amount of gold mats I have hoarded and with the help of my guildy friends, sell them on the auction house, constantly undercutting anyone that dares to try and sell their product over ours until prices are low enough for another full buy out.

The reason to involve friends here goes beyond needing more gold, but also having people online at different times of the day, which is really important to gain full control over a market and completely crush the competition. Besides, anything done in a MMO is more fun with friends that share your interests. ^^
    Edited by Grao on July 22, 2016 3:00PM
  • Viveun
    Viveun
    ✭✭✭
    @Grao Lmao. That is a better strategy, but I make my killing in niche equipment sales. Smaller market would be easier for me and a couple close friends to maintain a hold on.

@grom1024 And that's fantastic, but as I said before, it's the casual player who would suffer at the hands of a global AH, not old wealth or end gamers. I could honestly go either way with the AH.
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    Next I'd go for every gold material in the game. I understand the idea of wanting to monopolize the trade of certain gear pieces, but gear loses value rather suddenly, gold on the other hand, or in this case, gold materials, will always be relevant and extremely necessary. Buy everything that is available, adding to the already silly amount of gold mats I have hoarded and with the help of my guildy friends, sell them on the auction house, constantly undercutting anyone that dares to try and sell their product over ours until prices are low enough for another full buy out.

I have seen people gone belly up with that in other game, they complained about "bad" people on the chat. It just requires other group with money to post sufficiently undercut price, so you would underundercut, they buy goods at that price and sell them when market is up again. Those who actually need goods, will buy them at active phase of trade war. For each strategy is there is a counter-strategy. Also, there is still zone/guild chat possibility for sales which you could not control. Just do not think much of yourself. Play your trade mini-games, and most of people even will not notice you. With sufficiently high trade tax, your problem of having too much gold on the hands will be solved eventually.

Also, I personally never bought temper from stores as I'm getting more from refining materials and writs than I spend, so good luck hoarding it. I might have upgraded something week or so earlier, but I'm in no hurry. Difference between purple and gold item is small.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skcarkden wrote: »
    jircris11 wrote: »
    why do people keep making these darn threads? the answer is always no, get off your lazy bum and search for your item XD

Alright then, tell me right now where i can find all the provisioning writ recipes on PS4 NA. Nothing says 'broken system' than accepting a daily writ that demands you make something you first need to find the recipe to unlock, but to do that you have to spend a lifetime searching vendors with no real way of even knowing if ANYONE is even selling it all. I go to plenty of vendors and notice they usually stick to a theme, weapons, armour, refined materials, no raw smithing mats etc.

to this day i have NEVER completed a provisioning writ because of this broken system.

Why do you keep complaining about a simple request for a very basic feature that every other MMO has the right idea to implement? Lemme guess, you're in one of the guilds taking advantage of everyone?

you could do what i think most people do... i know i did - loot the recipe. if its for a writ it will be a green recipe, they really aren't hard to find.

edit to add.... i'm not in a trading guild and i think the system works just fine as it is - give or take a tweak of the ui.

for someone who has the nerve to call anyone who wants a proper trading system lazy, you sure do like to hand out lazy responses.

loot the recipe.... why didn't i think of that? Oh wait, i did. I wouldn't be trying to buy something if i could never find it. Maybe i should say the name of it 3 times as if it's like Bettlejuice and will appear.

you think it's fine now, i don't. yet you're hard set to prevent it from being truly useful. almost as if you have an agenda.

anyone can claim they aren't in a guild for profit, while actually being in one so forgive me if i won't take your word for it.

where did i use the word 'lazy'? i was just pointing out something to you that you may have missed.

despite your cynicism i am not in a trading guild.... for one simple reason - it is not necessary for making a lot of gold. i farm things that people are likely to want to buy....then i sell them via world chat.

it's really easy.

by doing that i often make more on an item that i was expecting - back in the day it was perfect roe. world shout 'wts perfect roe x10' and get 8 or 10 people whispering offers - take the highest bid - you have your auction, a real auction not a phoney auction house that can be easily manipulated.

or maybe that is your agenda - you want an auction house that you can manipulate.

i mistook your response to me as being the original person i was responding to, my bad.

My agenda would be an actual ability to buy things i'm after without the irony if having better luck to just go hunt it myself.

I'm so glad you are in a position to boast about being able to type out sales. I made the mistake of going for console to hang out with friends, if i'd known how crap the trading would be i might have just gone PC, or none and save myself the commitment. Perhaps we should argue that trading in chat should be banned as it circumvents the bizarre system they have going here if we really wanna fight against non-issues.

i agree that the ui/functionality of guild trades needs improvement, certainly on pc - can't speak for ps4 or xbox, never used either of them.

but the combined system of guild trade and open world trade works well - note: the functionality of the interface and the trade system itself are separate things.

my world chat sales bit was not a boast. it was a demonstration of how it is possible to make good sales without being in a trade guild - because there seems to be a widespread delusion, amongst the proponents of an auction house, that the only way you can make good sales is by paying a fee to be in a trade guild...that is not the case.

same for buying stuff - a year or so back i need 1 recipe for the full set. i was in a couple of social guilds at the time and offered 20k if anyone could find it for me, no luck - was in wayrest a few days later did a world shout and was offered it for 100 gold. that is a functional system.

auction houses can be gamed and are gamed by people (there are a couple of particularly eloquent ones in this thread) who see trade as an integral part of the game. the gold made is how you keep score. the system as it stands could be gamed but it would be incredibly difficult to do - probably impossible for one person. it works, keep it as it is but fix the ui.
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    @grom1024 And that's fantastic, but as I said before, it's the casual player who would suffer at the hands of a global AH, not old wealth or end gamers. I could honestly go either way with the AH.

Anything below cp160 is mostly temporary, so it does not worth major investing efforts into, as equipment needs complete replacement each 4 levels/40 cp for dungeons. Zone content is easy enough to pass with quest gear or 3-trait crafter gear, sets like seducer are actually very nice and usable even in end-game. Random normal is good source of XP, and it does not have too-high requirements for equipment. Cp160 is already end-game and equipment starts flow in, even some veteran dungeons are possible at this point provided that other party members are strong enough.

So casual player would not notice any problems. Even more, these players even benefit from access to low-level sets. I remember some nice sets parts are falling around level 20, but I had not bothered to buy complete set, because crafted set was ok and looking for parts in guild stores were too bothersome even with addons. I would rather sold it on AH or bought a complete set if it were possible. Currently it is nearly impossible to sell such goods. I suspect that they only bought for trait research.

So for casuals it would be better too, because they will be able to buy narrow niche products. For example, I now sell cp100 rings from silver zones to NPC, because they sell really bad and occupy a slots in guild store. AH would have allowed for more diversity in goods. Rich guilds could try to control it, but the effort would be futile, few will pay high price for items that expire in 2 levels. Currently items stuck in guild stores because they could not be located by those who need it. Every guild store has about the same set of items with little diversity.
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    my world chat sales bit was not a boast. it was a demonstration of how it is possible to make good sales without being in a trade guild - because there seems to be a widespread delusion, amongst the proponents of an auction house, that the only way you can make good sales is by paying a fee to be in a trade guild...that is not the case.

same for buying stuff - a year or so back i need 1 recipe for the full set. i was in a couple of social guilds at the time and offered 20k if anyone could find it for me, no luck - was in wayrest a few days later did a world shout and was offered it for 100 gold. that is a functional system.

auction houses can be gamed and are gamed by people (there are a couple of particularly eloquent ones in this thread) who see trade as an integral part of the game. the gold made is how you keep score. the system as it stands could be gamed but it would be incredibly difficult to do - probably impossible for one person. it works, keep it as it is but fix the ui.

Guild stores and chat sales works for items that universal. But about about niche items (level 20 sets for example), try to sell them in guild store or on the chat. You would have found your recipe much faster on AH just because it is possible to put low demand items and still sell them. Games happen on AH, but I do not see them as game stoppers. There are greater problems on the marked IRL, but we live with it.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please lock this thread.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Viveun
    Viveun
    ✭✭✭
    @grom1024 I said casual players, not low level players. There are plenty of CP160+ players who may have technically reached end game, but are not end gamers simply because they lack the time or resources to gear out. That hurdle will become even larger with an AH.

Just as I take for granted how fickle and easy a mil is to earn, perhaps you take for granted the challenge a casual player has in obtaining golded-out gear. There will be a rise in prices of end game mats, tempers, and drop sets. The 56 alloys an end game tank needs might rise in price from close to 600k to easily over a mil. The gap between the elite and casual will widen, causing even more frustration from the latter.

Yes, these mats can be farmed. But at a drop rate of 1% on gold tempers, that time investment alone becomes a huge barrier if it's the only plausible means to an end.

That's not even considering high demand dropped gear that's BoE - Worm jewelry, lich pieces, sharpened SO swords, etc - that'll absolutely sky rocket.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think both this system and a regular auction house can be manipulated by the wealthiest to their own convenience, so there's not much different about it
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple Search Function

While it would make it far easier to search for items if we had a central Auction house, it would ruin other aspects of the game, including the feel of the game with the variety of traders standing around.

Instead, there is a simple change that would make the current system far easier to use, while not introducing something as drastic as a central Auction house... just introduce a simple 'type and search' function!

I am sure I cannot be the first to think of such an idea, and without scouring pages on the forums I suspect many have probably suggested it before... but this is what I feel is the thing that is really missing. The current system is slow and sluggish, and takes far too much time. A simple type and search system would cut a lot of wasted time!
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    Please lock this thread.

If you do not like the thread, read something else. We have just got to something resembling constructive discussion.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grom1024 wrote: »
    Grao wrote: »

I have seen people gone belly up with that in other game, they complained about "bad" people on the chat. It just requires other group with money to post sufficiently undercut price, so you would underundercut, they buy goods at that price and sell them when market is up again. Those who actually need goods, will buy them at active phase of trade war. For each strategy is there is a counter-strategy. Also, there is still zone/guild chat possibility for sales which you could not control. Just do not think much of yourself. Play your trade mini-games, and most of people even will not notice you. With sufficiently high trade tax, your problem of having too much gold on the hands will be solved eventually.

Also, I personally never bought temper from stores as I'm getting more from refining materials and writs than I spend, so good luck hoarding it. I might have upgraded something week or so earlier, but I'm in no hurry. Difference between purple and gold item is small.

You have seen players that didn't know what they were doing go belly up. As someone that played WoW for many years and for most of those years had firm grasp over the gem market in that game, I can tell you... I would not go belly up. ^^

You are right though, all it takes is someone with enough resources to fight you, but the question is, do you think that would happen a lot? Alliances in games are very profitable, why do you think my first point would be to create a guild to help control the AH?

And yeah, maybe you don't buy gold mats every day, but I will tell you there isn't a day in witch I don't sell at least 10 of each gold material and that is without even trying hard. ^^
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just think it would be nice to sell my crap that i dont need to ppl without having to spam random invites to ppl to find a guild with a current guild trader.. no text chat on ps4 .. also what is going to be the main purpose of the text chat when its introduced .. TO SPAM SALES IN POPULATED AREAS!! why cant there just be a gobal AH so i can sell my goods make some gold to buy stuff off other players that i need or want ???
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Guild stores and chat sales works for items that universal. But about about niche items (level 20 sets for example), try to sell them in guild store or on the chat. You would have found your recipe much faster on AH just because it is possible to put low demand items and still sell them. Games happen on AH, but I do not see them as game stoppers. There are greater problems on the marked IRL, but we live with it.

i only trade, mats, recipes and motifs - never considered low level gear as a revenue source - i either npc or deconstruct it. as for the recipe on an ah - would i have found it quicker? impossible to say.

yes markets irl are gamed and we live with it - we have no choice.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue about guild store right now is the inflation it creates, most people don't even bother about the average pricing of there gear and put it out there for a lot more then it's net Worth especially crafting material ... so overall a global price market would be really nice... removing guild vendore from there actual spot and put it all in one place would be a lost.

Inflation? Please do explain in detail as I have not seen any inflation on anything. I have not seen any inflation of anything in game.

If you are talking about people posting items for an absurd amount, that happens regardless of the trading mechanism so it is not an argument that supports anything. With a central trading kiosk I have seen players post crafted and non crafted items for many times what it actually sells for and of course it never sells.

Inflation is there, at least on PC NA, but it is not that bad. When I started, iron ore sold for 16 g each. Almost all the mats were in that range. Things have spread out a bit and iron ore sells for somewhere around 20 g now.

Inflation is driven by people farming gold to pay for the kiosks, coupled with what is likely more gold in the market due to more players. It balances out because the kiosks are removing that excess gold.

Iron increasing in cost is due to less supply. It's kind of obvious that proced of base matts change over time. That's not really inflation, inflation cannot be measured on one item.

I guarantee there is zero inflation, in fact there is deflation overall with spikes of certain categories at certain times. New desirable gear, especially crafted, becomes available then upgrade matts and such are in higher demand and therefore sell for more. Just a short term spike in prices due to demand.

using iron is probably the worst choice for judging inflation or not.

Edit: oh yea, and I'm on PC.
    Edited by idk on July 22, 2016 5:23PM
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    Simple Search Function

While it would make it far easier to search for items if we had a central Auction house, it would ruin other aspects of the game, including the feel of the game with the variety of traders standing around.

Instead, there is a simple change that would make the current system far easier to use, while not introducing something as drastic as a central Auction house... just introduce a simple 'type and search' function!

I am sure I cannot be the first to think of such an idea, and without scouring pages on the forums I suspect many have probably suggested it before... but this is what I feel is the thing that is really missing. The current system is slow and sluggish, and takes far too much time. A simple type and search system would cut a lot of wasted time!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/274132/city-of-merchants-concept

I already provided a better method than what we have now without introducing a traditional AH and keeping Guilds relevant. I get it that the current system is more immersive. But Immersion has been getting in the way of this games popularity.

Immersion:
    • No text chat for consoles
    • No Battle Log/Info
    • No Saved Gear Sets
    • No saved sets for Champion
    • No saved gear sets
    • No saved skill sets
    • No mini-map for console
    • No skyshard/lorebook addon for console
    • No global search for trading
    • No group finder
    • No Cross Faction Co play

You notice some of these have been fixed and some are talked of being fixed. Everytime ZoS tried to do something different than competitors, it ends up being in someway tedious to the user. I don't want a standard AH either. But an AH does not mean you are copying WoW. It just means you are developing your game with knowledge gained from the 1000s of game that game before you.

The fact is unless you are a hardcore commercial economy junky or like the immersion. Shopping in a videogame with extensive menu navigation is not seen as the fun part of the game, and you would not like having to search or travel from area to area looking for goods you use everyday. Slogging through menus is not fun or you wouldn't see most created apps shooting for responsive, intuitive navigations. So whether this system gets changed or not, one thing can't be argued. There is sluggish, non intuitive navigation for the buyer or you wouldn't see this being brought up at all.

If the concept was designed to bring guilds together, maybe it did that. But wouldn't you think actual group content or housing would be a better place to bring guilds together?

I don't think most casual players care about monopolies as much as convenience, so that argument isn't valid.
    Edited by Kalifas on July 22, 2016 5:24PM
    An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    Just as I take for granted how fickle and easy a mil is to earn, perhaps you take for granted the challenge a casual player has in obtaining golded-out gear. There will be a rise in prices of end game mats, tempers, and drop sets. The 56 alloys an end game tank needs might rise in price from close to 600k to easily over a mil. The gap between the elite and casual will widen, causing even more frustration from the latter.

Yes, these mats can be farmed. But at a drop rate of 1% on gold tempers, that time investment alone becomes a huge barrier if it's the only plausible means to an end.

That's not even considering high demand dropped gear that's BoE - Worm jewelry, lich pieces, sharpened SO swords, etc - that'll absolutely sky rocket.

I'm almost casual spending about 2-3 hours per day, and I'm cp285 tank as main char. It is perfectly possible handle veteran dungeons in purple gear even for tank. BoE jewellery is optional too, and I got it from vet dungeon drops. At cp180 I tanked the first vet dungeon (City of Ash), there were 6 wipes at different bosses, but mostly because I did not understand boss mechanics (we got it as random vet, instead of random normal that group gathered for). From my experience with playing DD NB as second char, for tank it is more important right rotation and resource management than absolutely perfect gear.

At cp160, I upgraded to purple only with mats I had, and I upgraded to 75% to gold immediately because I saved mats from writs and refinement. So these items are nice to have, but not must to have. It is possible to live w/o them and handle most of content. Trials are possibly different things, I do not go to them as groups want 300+ or 400+ for nSO. I'll wait until I'll get cp and pass silver and gold zones for more skill points. And I have not yet touched PvP side at all, as only things that are useful for my tank at it are caltrops and extra skyshards.

As casual player does not have to buy it, prices will stabilize at level where it more reasonable to grind gold then these items. Even, if it is hard to grind, one just need to get more CP to compensate difference. Random normal dungeon is perfect tool to earn experience and money for casuals. Wayrest Sewers is particularly good source of leather.

With One Tamriel, situation should improve further, as half of mats will be of the level of character. So cp150 mats will be finally cheaper.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    As for the majority base there is no way of knowing where the majority stands on this issue. A very small percentage of players actually post to these forums and this issue is usually split mostly even when a thread gets posted. You are lucky if you get twenty peoples opinions in a thread like this and twenty is nowhere near a majority.

Let's add AH to the game and let people vote with their feet. This would be most objective research. :wink:

I don't walk into MacDonalds and rally the customers to vote that they serve shrimp. If you don't like what ZOS servers on it's platter...then, well, WoW has an auction house.

No this game is for console too which is just as important as PC if not more important so that's definitely not an option lol.

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please lock this thread.

I so agree. There are dozens and dozens of "Auction House Threads" on forums. This is beating a dead horse. Accept it please. The system is not broke, there will be no auction house, and NO!! We DO NOT WANT A WoW CLONE!
    Lets please move on...:)
    Thank You...
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on July 23, 2016 6:33AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭

i only trade, mats, recipes and motifs - never considered low level gear as a revenue source - i either npc or deconstruct it. as for the recipe on an ah - would i have found it quicker? impossible to say.

This is exactly the problem. Because guilds are small partitioned markets, it only makes sense to sell items only needed by many, so at least someone would buy. But in my travels, I come across of items I would have used at appropriate level. For set items, only if set is complete. For now, I'm selling it to NPC or deconstruct. Because buying this items would make sense only as set at appropriate level. Larger markets would make it possible gather sets or find items needed for exact character situation. This will be greater choice for both buyers and sellers. Now buyer and seller choice is restricted. There are only few sale strategies that works.

• grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    Please lock this thread.

I so agree. There are dozens and dozens of "Auction House Threads" on forums. This is beating a dead horse. Accept it please. The system is not broke, there will be no auction house, and NO!! We DO NOT WANT A WoW CLONE!
    Lets please move.
    Thank You...

From what I see, you just want to silence the opinion that you do not like. If you do not want to participate in discussion, do not read it. None is forcing you. And please, replace "We" with "I" in your post. While some share your opinions, the support for that is not universal.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Some are trying to make it an us vs them issue but it's clearly just an issue of game design. It was an interesting idea that doesn't work out and instead of excessive traders they should go for a few traders at an auction house
  • snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand what these hardcore gamers and lore nerds think!!!!! DONT they realize with out casual gamers paying ZOS for there crap out of crown store A: it would be sub based ( how quick did that last ) B: no money in ZOS coffers so no development and the game would die even more so than it has!!! so humour the casuals that would like to have AH ... does it not make sense that pleasing the masses and making it easier for ppl to make gold and sell/buy things means more play time from the casuals???Days of hardcore games are gone .. COMPANYS WANT TO MAKE MONEY!! for the idoits that think its all done out of LOVE!! and more players = more money for ppl who dont understand economics!!
    Edited by snakester320 on July 22, 2016 6:47PM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is exactly the problem. Because guilds are small partitioned markets, it only makes sense to sell items only needed by many, so at least someone would buy. But in my travels, I come across of items I would have used at appropriate level. For set items, only if set is complete. For now, I'm selling it to NPC or deconstruct. Because buying this items would make sense only as set at appropriate level. Larger markets would make it possible gather sets or find items needed for exact character situation. This will be greater choice for both buyers and sellers. Now buyer and seller choice is restricted. There are only few sale strategies that works.

i don't see this.

the only gear i buy - ever - is top end (cp160) jewellery and that is only because i can't craft it.

all of my alts get by on drops for the first 20 or 30 levels then i craft sets. the sets last 10 lvls easily. my current played alt is still using lvl40 armour set (5 hundings rage 4 kvatch gladiator) - weps are cp160 admittedly. i don't see the point in either buying or crafting low lvl gear sets you'ii only have for a few hours - and that is why i never considered low level gear as a revenue stream. when i think about selling stuff i always ask myself the same question - would you buy it?

i do take your point (to an extent) about a full low level set of gear - it may be an attractive proposition to a new player. but what price are you going to sell it at - full set of gear is going to take some time and effort to assemble and there is no guarantee that you will sell it, no guarantee that you will find new player with enough gold to make it worth your while.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭

i don't see this.

the only gear i buy - ever - is top end (cp160) jewellery and that is only because i can't craft it.

all of my alts get by on drops for the first 20 or 30 levels then i craft sets. the sets last 10 lvls easily. my current played alt is still using lvl40 armour set (5 hundings rage 4 kvatch gladiator) - weps are cp160 admittedly. i don't see the point in either buying or crafting low lvl gear sets you'ii only have for a few hours - and that is why i never considered low level gear as a revenue stream. when i think about selling stuff i always ask myself the same question - would you buy it?

i do take your point (to an extent) about a full low level set of gear - it may be an attractive proposition to a new player. but what price are you going to sell it at - full set of gear is going to take some time and effort to assemble and there is no guarantee that you will sell it, no guarantee that you will find new player with enough gold to make it worth your while.

Without an auction house at least
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think half of these threads will go away once they introduce chat to the consoles.

This discussion has been closed.