The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Impenetrable Trait & Item Sets

• Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    In favor of removing Prosperous and Training from trials sets.
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES FINALLY

First off: please add Impenetrable for every item set, regardless where they drop. There are several good item sets out there, including those that will drop in CP160 when the Hel Ra and Atherian Archives Trials get updated. Furthermore, in the case of Monster Helms, it's a bit unfair that we have to wait only once a week to get the Impenetrable versions from the vendor whereas the others can be farmed as many times as ppl want.

Also "yes" to Remove Prosperous and Training. It's better to have these 2 traits removed from endgame gear and drops, and only have them on regular drops or quest rewards for research. That way we can craft gear for alts or new characters, and it'll no longer be a useless trait on desired gear (much to the joy of many players here)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep Training and Prosperous. Add Impenetrable.

Remove bind on pickup.

That way it's 100% random but also not punishing. The only time anything should be bind on pickup is if the item physically merges with your character and can never be removed from it. Which should be, like, never.
    signing off
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Keep Training and Prosperous. Add Impenetrable.

Remove bind on pickup.

That way it's 100% random but also not punishing. The only time anything should be bind on pickup is if the item physically merges with your character and can never be removed from it. Which should be, like, never.

You know they're never gonna remove BoP right? If they did less people would run dungeons and trials. People need SOME incentive to run content.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove training and prosperous from game end content and add impen to all game end content drop pool.
    Options
  • NateS4
    NateS4
    ✭✭
    1. Remove prosperous and training from ALL CP 160 dropped sets.
    2. Add impen to all sets except BoP trial sets (Ophidian,Infallible,Yokeda)
    Edited by NateS4 on July 15, 2016 7:28PM
    Nerf Nate
    Xbox NA
    Small Scale PvP
    Stamden (Grand Overlord)
    Mag DK (Palatine)
    Mag/Stamblade (Praetorian)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHyTq3wqzJ5K200K2JSNlRA?view_as=subscriber
    Options
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't mind the training trait for my grinding setup so I'd like to see that remain. But otherwise include impenetrable & remove prosperous.
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_Ox wrote: »
    Personally I don't mind the training trait for my grinding setup so I'd like to see that remain. But otherwise include impenetrable & remove prosperous.

Training eventually loses purpose though entirely. Of course that's at 3600 CP and all skill morphs on your character maxed out but still :p
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never wanted a training dropped set. I wear training when leveling alts, but it's easy enough to make.
    Options
  • Llyw
    Llyw
    ✭✭✭
    Add impenetrable as a valid trait for all item sets in the game, regardless of where they drop.
    &
    Remove prosperous and training as valid traits from ALL ITEM SETS

Yes please to both.

All so I would be very happy to see ADD STURDY to all item sets regardless of where they are dropped or how they are obtained.

Thank You

Options
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    This makes me happy!
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Prosperous and Training to every set that drops at gear cap, including trials gear, PVP gear, monster helmets, etc. etc.

Try to figure out some way to allow PVPers to select impen for their gear, and for PVE players to select Divines/Infused/etc. Turning this gear from BoP to BoE would be the simplest way, as it would allow for people to just sell the pieces they don't want and buy the pieces they do want. If that isn't possible for whatever reason, make impen drop on all pieces.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭

Training eventually loses purpose though entirely. Of course that's at 3600 CP and all skill morphs on your character maxed out but still :p

True, but At only 390cp and having just began my monster set grinding in the past few weeks I still have a use for them. For now at least B)

Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but At only 390cp and having just began my monster set grinding in the past few weeks I still have a use for them. For now at least B)

But not on the monster set itself, I'd wager :p
    Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please!
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know they're never gonna remove BoP right? If they did less people would run dungeons and trials. People need SOME incentive to run content.

Aside from the headache of making a group, BOP is good enough reason not to run group content.

The nonrefundable plane ticket isn't going to fly here. If they want group content to be repeated, they need to make the content more interesting and engaging. Then people would run it because it's its own reward. The stick or letter opener you get at the end is just a nice bonus. Keep it. Sell it. The choice is yours.

Adding Impen is a no-brainer. They shouldn't even be asking. But this feels like provisioning, where they get solid feedback and then they're going to do whatever they want anyway. So why not bring a good negotiation to the table? At least if it's ignored, it's not like it was never brought up at all.

People would tolerate less desirable traits as part of RNG if you could sell them substantially above merchant value. Trading in a group isn't going to solve that problem. That's just a mini-game of Pass The ***.
    signing off
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove prosperous and training from end game drops.

Add impen to all end game item drops everywhere.

The trial drop sets have amazing potential for PvP use. We would love the freedom to use them with the ideal trait mix for various builds.

The ones I care most about are vICP and vWGT drops though.

Also impen now encompasses the old sturdy effect of losing durability more slowly. It's a pve effect, if not a great one. Just like well-fitted and light/medium reinforced. :)

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS, AND PLEASE GO THROUGH WITH THESE CHANGES. YOU LITERALLY MADE MY DAY JUST NOW. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU !!!!!

I'm tired of feeling like a second rate member of the community just because I primarily like to PvP. :cry:
    Edited by KenaPKK on July 15, 2016 7:41PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get this in theory, but in reality, I have a totally crafted purple grind set in training. I dont need trials loot to grind. I need a little deeps and lots of sustain. So much easier to craft it and save the rage associated with training pieces on end game stuff.
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I hope this may help a bit with the final decision :p

aoiEpbc.png
    Options
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

But not on the monster set itself, I'd wager :p

The very first gold chest I opened came with a molag kena with training, i wear it every day :)

Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
    Options
  • shauny.gibbsb16_ESO
    remove training and prosperous from CP160 gear altogether, keep it craftable in case some loon wants it ;)
    Edited by shauny.gibbsb16_ESO on July 15, 2016 7:50PM
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

For ALL sets in the game regardless of where they drop (trials, dungeons, undaunted chests, vendor bags, pvp mails) remove prosperous and training and replace with impenetrable and sturdy. VMA weapons should only drop sharpened, precise, defending, and powered for resto staves.

Adding impenetrable back in place of the other traits doesn't hurt your chances of getting divines pieces for your pve gear and only encourages more people to do the content you have created. A lot of my friends that exclusively pvp would actually probably be interested in checking out the new trials and vet dungeons if they drop impen gear so its useful for them.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on July 15, 2016 7:50PM
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Post withdrawn.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 15, 2016 7:50PM
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ALL end game CP160 content should drop in Sturdy and Impen, but NOT drop in Prosperous or Training.

Right now there is no reason for predominantly PvPers to run end game trials and vet dungeons since they can't get the Impen trait that most of them want. Many PvE tanks who might want to run Black Rose won't play in IC to earn it because it doesn't come in Sturdy.

Any players who wish to use Training for grinding CP have access to crafted sets which can be made in whichever traits they need. You never, ever need that Kena helm to drop in Training for those purposes. And Preposterus is good for nothing at all, not even earning gold.

No one want the loot tables watered down further. By removing 2 unwanted traits and adding two that are potentially wanted, the RNG is the same for any player's desired trait. However, both PvE and PvP players get access to a trait they might want -- or one of their group-mates might want now that we have a trading system.
    Options
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, I'm not sure why you even need to ask this. NOBODY wants those horrible traits on our endgame gear. Is this thread so you can tell us (the community) you work hand in hand with us? Just right the wrong, and sooner than later please.
    Options
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to complain if Prosperous and Training get removed. 99% of the player base isn't going to use items with those traits, but there is something to be said for having as many items as possible drop in as many traits as possible for the sake of maintaining scarcity of high value sets so that they retain their value.
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, I'm not sure why you even need to ask this. NOBODY wants those horrible traits on our endgame gear. Is this thread so you can tell us (the community) you work hand in hand with us? Just right the wrong, and sooner than later please.

They ask because just because it is stated around the forums doesn't mean "nobody" wants it but since so many are requesting it it has been consdered. They are asking for opinions and intend to use them to determine a course of action. Obviously the majority of the posts are in favor of removing Training and Prosperous from sets that drop in Trials and the like and adding Impenetrable to every set in the game, and yes Sturdy should be in every set in the game as well, so since the majority is ruling in favor of the changes, we can expect them to happen now.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 15, 2016 7:57PM
    Options
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itemsets like spell power cure have been very important in pvp and already require pve to obtain, the fact they cannot drop in impen hurts a large base of players. Everything should have an impen option, since the game was marketed for AVA to begin with and sets are more limited for pvp
    Options
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove training and prosperous from trial sets and dungeon sets and add impenetrable for all item sets in the game, regardless of where they drop.

Actually, a good rule would be that if it drops in the abomination called "Bind on pickup" it shouldn't come with decon trash traits or drop under-leveled like 99% of the Wrothgar set pieces do.
    Options
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prosperous and Training have no place on end-game sets from anywhere while impenetrable/sturdy is needed on many sets that don't have them available. Prosperous is useless 100% of the time, and training is only good for players not at CP cap, and even then outside of lv 1-50 it is questionable at best.

All other traits are fine with the exception of charged on master/maelstrom weapons, as this serves no purpose and is a dead trait. Why have a trait that increases chance to cause enchantment effects when the effects are baseline 100% always active?
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
    Options