Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.5.1

• dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gigasax wrote: »
    [

You want our Feedback?

-Remove Training and Prosperous from the End-Game Loottable
    -Bring back Inpen

THIS!!!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Can you ask someone about adding impen back to the PVE loot table?Many PVPers will like to use these new sets but if they don't come in impenetrable we really can't use them.

This has been long asked about (and long discussed internally), and we'd like to get the community's thoughts on it. There are some pros and cons, and ultimately it boils down to doing what's best for you, the players. We'll try to get a thread up about this later in the week, and get the discussion going.

I'll explain it like this.

You want people to do your PVE content; if you don't add impen to PvE content PvPers won't bother doing it.

This is how it worked in every game that had a pvp related stat. Rift was the same way basically...At the start of the game while it had a PvP stat the difference between PvP gear and PVE was minimal...You could get away with PVE gear in PvP....This lead to Raid Loot being extremely good in PvP so they increased the value of this PvP stat to compensate. (This is a whole other problem with raid loot and generally this game doesn't suffer from this problem) The problem with doing said change is you now separated the players..and for someone who focused on PvP in that game..I had zero reason to bother doing PvE at that point... So basically half of the game really served no point..

You add Impen to gear and i'll do dungeons more..There is a reason a lot of PvPers will not bother with PVE loot right now unless you have jewelry or weapons available...and that's the reason.

You could also just flat out remove the impen trait and move it over to Battlespirit...That'd also accomplish the same goal

Also there is zero purpose to Prosperous (it actually yields less gold then just running Impen cause of old Sturdy) or Training on end game loot (Its great for plvling and new characters though)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you ask someone about adding impen back to the PVE loot table?Many PVPers will like to use these new sets but if they don't come in impenetrable we really can't use them.

This has been long asked about (and long discussed internally), and we'd like to get the community's thoughts on it. There are some pros and cons, and ultimately it boils down to doing what's best for you, the players. We'll try to get a thread up about this later in the week, and get the discussion going.

I would be in favor of adding Impenetrable to loot list in PvE, but only if one of the worthless traits for endgame like Training or Prosperous is removed. Most of the people running group dungeons are PvE-centered players and we do not want yet another useless trait for us added to the loot table. The RNG is horrible enough as it is. When you multiple the RNG of sets available by the RNG of gear slots available by the RNG of traits available, the number of combinations is enormous. Adding another trait into that mix is going to explode the possible gear combinations exponentially. Please don't do that.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

I would be in favor of adding Impenetrable to loot list in PvE, but only if one of the worthless traits for endgame like Training or Prosperous is removed. Most of the people running group dungeons are PvE-centered players and we do not want yet another useless trait for us added to the loot table. The RNG is horrible enough as it is. When you multiple the RNG of sets available by the RNG of gear slots available by the RNG of traits available, the number of combinations is enormous. Adding another trait into that mix is going to explode the possible gear combinations exponentially. Please don't do that.

^ I agree with this. I personally do not want to see Impen back in the loot table, because I really don't PvP (like, at all). BUT, if you took out training/prosperous. I would gladly take impen back into the loot table.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Man I love you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for this and truthfully from all the polls and threads have shown that people want impen and want training and prosperous removed from all endgame loot tables its a waste and a smack to the face to the player base .I would say the same about charge.
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I have a few questions in regards the text chat for consoles,

-once activated will we have a text box on screen similar to whats on the bottom left of the pc screen or will we have to access it via the menu to be able to read it?

- how will inputting text work, do we have to navigate through the menu screen each time we wish to write something?

- will the text size/ box size be adjustable?

Thanks in adavnce
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I really hope that there is room for the Orc passives to be redesigned. It is just clearly worse than some of the other races.

Additionally, please keep a look out for a whole laundry list of videos that I have been putting together that will address some current issues that I am having which I hope to be resolved.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Romejin
    Romejin
    ✭✭
    Romejin wrote: »
    A text box on the main screen. The current one on the server looks more of a hassle.

Are you referring to what the gamepad mode text chat currently looks like on the PTS? If so, it's not a good representation of what it will look like when fully in the game on consoles. We'll see if we can get you a screenshot of what it actually looks like.

That'll be great, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom. Another question I have that regards console text chat, will we have a more customizeble ui down the line?
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope that during eso live we get some reasons for some of the racial changes. That's the heaviest balance pass this patch and many of the changes are off at best. I won't want to hear "we did this because reasons, deal with it". As someone who plays khajiit primarily I do not look forward to the rest of this pts run up til live. Either the racials will be reverted so AD doesn't end up with 2 almost identical races, or the things that make khajiit unique will be nerfed to compensate for these 'buffs'.

Please, just revert the khajiit's racial changes.
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried the trading with my group with an item from WGT. It works perfect. Gives us 2 hours to trade only to people on the list. Tried trading with someone who isnt listed and it says Item is Bound. So works good. Also lets you trade items from WGT ember chests.

Love this feature. Thank you ZOS.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Lorewise, Khajiit are the sneakiest race.

The only thing I'd like to know now, what's the main trait of Bosmer race, ofc "lorewise" ;)

Seriously, if we aren't a sneaky race, then give us bonus in some of a "bloodthirsty" meaning, bonus for being vampire, permanent blood altar, or at least huge fangs :D
    Edited by SirCritical on July 5, 2016 8:39PM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vythri wrote: »
    What would be the cons?

Every added Trait adds to the RNG aspect of trying to get the specific item set piece(s) and Trait combination you want. We're sensitive to the fact that this can already be a frustrating experience due to the randomness of it. So, we'd like to hear from the community if adding another Trait to the pool, as it were, is considered worthwhile.

This is so AMAZING. Like amazingly AMAZING. Spilled my guts out laughing, OK.

Remove the traits everyone complains about then, no more prosperous and no more training. In fact in SUPER DUPER FACT. Leave in training and add prosperous trait to the training trait kinda like how impen has the old sturdy put on it. Prosperous is so ridiculously useless that it does not even deserve to be a trait. Just combine it with training. And you can leave the training in the loot table and add in Impen, and it will be the same.

Because while there are some people who might be able to wear end game gear at 160, they might only have 160 - 180 cp so they think that training is useful for them ( IT IS NOT TRUST ME IT IS NOT TO PLAYERS WHO THINK IT IS, YES YOU WILL LEVEL A BIT FASTER BUT TRUST ME IT IS NOT BETTER) but they like it. So you have a player base (small and confused as they may be) who like training on end game gear, so leave it just combine it with prosperous, and ADD IMPEN. Because there are a lot of pvp players who skip out on PVE. And even for players who mostly PVE a lot of them still like to go into pvp. Just add it. JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What would be the cons?

Every added Trait adds to the RNG aspect of trying to get the specific item set piece(s) and Trait combination you want. We're sensitive to the fact that this can already be a frustrating experience due to the randomness of it. So, we'd like to hear from the community if adding another Trait to the pool, as it were, is considered worthwhile.

You want our Feedback?

-Bring back Inpen

Listen to guy and US ...PLS
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonstar Arena
    We've added Powered versions of The Master's Greatsword, Sword, Inferno Staff, and Restoration Staff to the pool of possible Master Weapons available in the Dragonstar Arena.

you mean "POWERED" more powerful ones or powered Trait ones....

PLS it be more powerful ones... cuz they are weak:(:(:( ?????

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

tnx ...
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be the cons?

Jessica,

Restricting the Traits to the mainstream variety of the desires of the community is as such nice.

But it will also lead to an avoidable monoculture.... Do we really want that ?

For example....
    the now new Weapon Trait "Charged", significantly increasing the chance on a secondary effect proc.
    Hardly any posts on it the past weeks.
    Not likely to be on the wish list of most players or forum members.
    And it will indeed not add a competitive synergy for most builds.
    But to some builds it is enough beneficial to use and from playing with it on a Lightning Destro in PVE, getting fountains of effects on crowded mobs....
    Really cool :)

So... are we now going to not add such a Trait to the loot table because the mainstream feedback of this forum is not interested to have the RNG diluted with yet another "useless" Trait ?

Do we really want that loss of variety ?
    I think not.
    So how to avoid that ?

I think the "trading option" when doing together a raid is a very good improvement :)
    Perhaps the devs can think out something creative along those lines.

Edited by hrothbern on July 5, 2016 8:55PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erm @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, why does your Template team insist on giving us the new year without the jewellery? This makes it so the vast majority of builds can't be tested and forces us into the 2x Monster, 5x Set and 3x Jewellery cookie cutter setup.

If you're going to give the new sets, at least give it in every piece for armour, every type of weapon and jewellery.

Mind updating the bags with the jewellery and giving us the IC sets such as Spell Power Cure too?
    Edited by Paulington on July 5, 2016 9:02PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Auri-El knows, why destruction mastery comes with shields :D I don't need to explain it
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd like an option when going into pvp zone to over-ride the current armor trait for Impen on all armor pieces. This would allow noobs to PVP and casuals to be able to make one set for PVE and use it in PVP as well. It's kinda BS that it requires so much mats to make gear at end game for the newly maxed and casuals. It crafted gear for Chris' sake.

Is there plans to do anything about Battle Spirit? It screwing class skills like Sun/Igneious shields and heals like Dragon Blood because of they way they scale compared to the OP Magicka Shields and Damage based Heals.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ... I'd tag Wrobel but I don't think it would matter.
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With group trading of drops being added, this is the perfect time to add impen into the loot table. If someone that only does PVE gets an impen drop, they can trade it to a PVP group member.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What would be the cons?

Well impen is usefull for quite many people, other gear is not usefull at all. So why don't you remove stuff like training and prosperous max level gear as well as items that don't make sense becuase their set bonus doesn't work with certain weapons (e.g. staves of the viper, shield of destruction mastery)
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still got both Necromancer and Stygian cp160 in veteran Hel Ra today.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be the cons?

Prosperous is the worst trait in the loot table. (The link goes to a thread explaining why.) Nobody will complain if it was removed and replaced with Impenetrable. That will maintain the exact same number of traits, and remove a much-hated trait in favor of a much-desired trait.

As a bonus, you can also remove Training too while you're at it. But I'm okay with you leaving that in if all you do is swap Prosperous out for Impenetrable.
    Edited by code65536 on July 5, 2016 9:50PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    What would be the cons?

Add impen, remove prosperous and training. There's no reason those traits should be in any pledge, trial, or vMA loot table.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why remove the Costume Dyeing icon from the Collections tab? I thought it was a clever indicator.
  • ckbud
    ckbud
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I have a request. Can the developers please consider changing this crazy system of one RNG trait-specific item at the end of vMA, or a dungeon/trial, to one where the player's offered like 3 or 5 random weapons/items after beating Veteran Maelstrom Arena and you can choose the one item/weapon you want? I've run vMA at least 50 times and I still have yet to receive a sharpened one-handed axe, a sharpened two-handed Maul or a sharpened bow. And also, I've received a leaderboard weapon once per week since the beginning of April, I've gotten about 8 restoration staffs from this weekly reward. It is becoming too infuriating to run vMA again and again, knowing that the odds of getting one of these three trait-specific weapons I want is incredibly small and futile. PLEASE, consider offering 3 or 5 RNG items/weapons at the end of vMA (at the very least, and hopefully dungeons/trials) and allow the player the freedom to choose the one that works best for them and their goals.
    Edited by ckbud on July 5, 2016 10:20PM
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want our Feedback?

-Bring back Inpen

THIS
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to getting on PTS tomorrow and seeing what colours are available in dye stamps. I've got an idea for those already, which I'll post over in the Dye Stamp Feedback.

Also nice to see an upcoming event being tested; hopefully with a good PTS run, the Witches Festival won't be as buggy as the Anniversary event :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down with the idea of an alliance war skill that converts gear permanently to the Impen trait. Don't add Impen back to the loot tables.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole PVE vs PVP argument makes the game much more unpleasant for us all and divides the community. I vote for adding Impen back to PVE lootables. Impen does have a PVE use now (old sturdy trait).

And also, I do agree with that idea of removing prosperous from all lootables and boxes. Add the extra gold to the training trait as previously suggested.

With these 2 changes everyone should be happy.

I was also expecting some changes to racial pasives but I understand it might be too early yet and devs must still be checking feedback, discussing and then programming. Having said that, I do hope Breton's get something more useful, combat-wise! ;)
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impen is the most vital trait for one part of the game. It has its place in all loot tables, same as how PvP gear should come in all (good) traits. Especially considering how a lot of the new/upscaled sets are more or less only useful in PvP.
    On the other hand, prosperous and training shouldn't drop on end game gear.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad