Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Crashing Issues

• TrollHunter73
    TrollHunter73
    ✭✭
    I'm a guild master of an active 87-man guild on Xbox One. We've managed to get a few dungeons done in the past few days, among other things, but not without some major problems. For example:

1. Enemies are not loading in dungeons.
    2. Player characters aren't loading in dungeons. (They are completely Invisible with the friendly player icon floating over where they are supposed to be on our screens.)
    3. Lag... tremendous amounts of lag. Frame rates often drop to zero. Especially in Capitol Cities and dungeons.
    4. Random game crashes inside and outside of dungeons. People are getting disconnected all the time. This is a major problem in Capitol Cities, and Wrothgar. It seems to happen to everyone... constantly.
    5. The wayshrine in Orsinium is completely broken. When we try to us it we almost always get disconnected.
    6. As of this morning I can't invite people to group on my main character, and I cannot be promoted to group leader while I'm on my main character. I've tried everything I can think of to try and fix this on my own, with the exception of re-downloading the game.
    7. I cannot get into dungeons using the activity finder. This issue has lasted hours.
    8. Lastly customer service is slow... Ridiculously slow.

Please fix these issues before releasing anymore DLC. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or anything, but how are we expected to play something that's unplayable? I just can't imagine continuing to pay for a subscription and for DLC on this game if it's not going to work... AND, I REALLY want it to work! Please help.
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    If it's any consolation, things are just as broken on PC. I get random disconnects all the time. So far, the triggers seem to be porting pretty much anywhere, or using a crafting station. Either of these two thing can crash me, but it's not consistent. Add ons make no difference. This basically means you get stuck farming whatever area you happen to be in. If you use a shrine go travel or enter a cave/delve/whatever you can crash.

The really annoying thing about the crash is the game screen is stuck in the for ground and you can't actually "see" the error message. You can tell the error us there because the mouse pointer changes, but you can't see what to click on to make it go away. That means every time I crash, which is frequently, I have to power off the PC and restart it from scratch. By the time I can get back in game, any group I was with WI have booted me.

I'm *** the bounty boards work in Gold Coast again, but for God's sake, please fix LFG!!! I have waited over 3 hours, consistently for a dungeon. It worked better before the DLC.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One NA. Game crashes between every round of VMA. And every death. And crashes at least once trying to log back in to go again. So... Garbage. Thanks!
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • WynonaStealth
    WynonaStealth
    ✭✭
    Hey Syn, I totally agree with you and ZOS has made me sick by delivering this crap to us and accepting our money for it. No f ing response from them either. But have you tried ctrl+alt+delete to close the game?
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on xbox one eu
    Same issues as trollhunters73 post +

1. Issue with unable to weapon swap
    2. Excessive wait times for npc to load to interact with
    3. Gap closers not working, shield assault, chains, invasion
    4. Riding on invisible mount on floor (still)

Not cool
    Edited by saxgooner on June 20, 2016 11:24AM
  • jimbowee
    jimbowee
    And they say PC is the master race smh.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any word on when or if they will resolve the crashing issues ? trying to go to grahtwood to pick up the dailies is giving my console an std.

• neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    game is completely unplayable since DB update
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any word on when or if they will resolve the crashing issues ? trying to go to grahtwood to pick up the dailies is giving my console an std.

So far there has been no "communication" on addressing these current issues, but I have seen some articles of them talking about future content for the "casual" players...
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • JelliedBigfoot
    Jailbirdy wrote: »

So far there has been no "communication" on addressing these current issues, but I have seen some articles of them talking about future content for the "casual" players...

Agreed. The forum responses I see mostly from ZOS are generally business speak and I understand the reasons for that. Yet with all of the feedback we do get there is never any clear concise message from the development team on what is being done. If I wasn't subscribing I'd accept that fact, but I do subscribe and I see more interaction from ZOS in regards to naming and shaming and locking threads where community members are discussing why they do or do not subscribe than I see in regards to the ever growing dashboarding and infinite loading screens which in my opinion make the game even less fun than the cheaters. Heck, if you're one of the CE guys kicking my butt, so be it, at least I was able to log on and experience something I've paid for each month before getting DCd. At this point I need to block off several hours if I just want to do my dailies, as an expecting parent I don't see that happening much longer. I know this is an MMO but I should be able to log on and play for 40-60 minutes if I want. For instance I tried playing on my lunch and was DCd on three different characters in the span of 30 minutes.

I played this game the week of release and set it down but that was of my own volition. When the 2year anniversary came around I joined back into the game 100%, this is post TG update. Sure there was the occasional crash but I expect those from time to time in an MMO, Orsinium has always been a problem for me and I came on late but through all my digging I can only find feedback from community and not the creators as to when or why the disconnections need to be fixed in this area, especially when it is the zone to deliver end game writs.

I could work around Orsinium, yet when the last minute Friday evening patch hit to resolve survey exploited issues the capital cities took a major hit and so did the rest of Wrothgar. Now following DB update, all zones are now affected by dashboarding, infinite loading screens, and multiple random transition loading screens when adventuring within the same zone.

However there is a fine line, you can spawn in if you are lucky enough to load a character, bide your time and let the game warm up for a minute so you don't DC as soon as you walk forward or summon your mount. If you wait to long though and remain standing in place for 30-60 seconds you will get dashboarded.

I am on XBOX and my GT is JelliedBigfoot. I'd like to think this is only my problem but all I hear from fellow guildmates and friends as well as all of the above posts is that it is not just me. Until ZOS steps up to the plate with a plan to fix instead of working to release new content that doesn't raise level cap and causes existing bugs to go viral within their own game, I will be saving enough crowns for DLC with an intent to cancel my sub. If there is no plan or hope on the horizon indicated to us the community, then why do I continue to give you money to spend half my play time in loading screens or rebooting the game?
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get freezes and crashes to login all the time during large PvP battles that makes them almost completely unplayable by me. This is a failure to deliver by ZoS. When I created a support ticket, and followed their instructions, they said they were too busy to look into into. Really lousy service all around.

We should all be able to get a refund for all money each of us has spent here, since the advertised large scale PvP is broken among many other things.

This is also false advertising, and illegal.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom why are we getting no information on this?
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom why are we getting no information on this?

We're still working on the technical issues that have been reported on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 since the Dark Brotherhood launch. This includes crashes/crash loops on specific characters, long loading times/load screens, things not fully loading, and general increase in poor game performance. Unfortunately, we don't have any updates beyond that. Our Engineering team (and more) have made this their priority and are working on getting it resolved as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, what we can do is move any characters that are stuck in a crashing loop to a different location. To have our Support team assist you with that, please submit a request via our Support page.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thanks for the update!

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So you are ignoring mine and others' crashing problems on PC?
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Gina is on maternity leave. Jessica has taken over that role for the time being.

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since this morning's patch game crashes on log-in. I find it sad that I have sent in tons of crash logs and in over 6 hours it has not been fixed and there is no mention of any fix from zos. Zos fix the damn log in error. sad I have to deal with *** ass centurylink internet connection on top of the horrible pvp server lag. now cannot even log into the game cause logging in crashes the program.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

No, and apologies if it seems that way. If you did get a Support response saying we're "too busy to look into" an issue you were reporting, please send it to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com. That doesn't sound right and we'd like to follow-up on it.

The top few crashes we're currently seeing on PC are related to the 32-bit client being used on a machine that is better suited for the 64-bit client. If you're crashing on PC and using the 32-bit client, switching to the 64-bit client is the first thing we'd recommend trying. The console crash issue and crash loops are new, so we're still digging into what the cause(s) are.

For any PC/Mac issues that switching to the 64-bit client does not fix, please submit a Support ticket so we can gather dxdiag details and troubleshoot with you.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    another day another session of crashes and lag.

game still broken.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, and apologies if it seems that way. If you did get a Support response saying we're "too busy to look into" an issue you were reporting, please send it to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com. That doesn't sound right and we'd like to follow-up on it.

The top few crashes we're currently seeing on PC are related to the 32-bit client being used on a machine that is better suited for the 64-bit client. If you're crashing on PC and using the 32-bit client, switching to the 64-bit client is the first thing we'd recommend trying. The console crash issue and crash loops are new, so we're still digging into what the cause(s) are.

For any PC/Mac issues that switching to the 64-bit client does not fix, please submit a Support ticket so we can gather dxdiag details and troubleshoot with you.

I was using the 64 bit client and already submitted a ticket that was denied. I am going to try the 32 bit client, as I was unaware that the launcher behavior was changed to default to the 64 bit client until today.

Will send you that ticket. Do I need to create a new one?

Thanks!

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will try the 64-bit client as I was using the 32-bit and it would crash to black screen three to four times a day since DB patch... hopefully this will resolve the problem I am experiencing.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great response zos. so game broken on 32 bit client so you want me to upgrade to 64 bit client that everyone I know running the 64 bit client have even more issues.
  • WynonaStealth
    WynonaStealth
    ✭✭
    The response is definetlty appreciated Jessica. I do have to say though, if it nots already obvious, this has got to stop. I know it's not your job OR responsibility to insure the game is stable, however, it'd be appreciated if you can really drill in the fact that patches need to be run thru better at QA to your team I think it'd save us all from constant frustration and headaches in the future
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMA cannot be completed on Xbox One. I crashed between every round and every time the boss spawned. Now playing overwatch, thanks for the wonderful experience. Sub-cancelled.

• AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after doing research it is discovered eso launcher automatically installed 64 bit so this log in error is on the 64 bit client
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just disabled 64 bit client and after 3-4 false starts being kicked back to log-in screen, finally logged in. so its only the damn 64 bit client that the game auto enabled that crashing.
  • KrayzieBone_88
    KrayzieBone_88
    ✭✭✭
    8 game crashes in two hours of play time....this is insane
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭

When I went ahead and submitted my first Support Ticket on the issue, I got a response that contained instructions for Mac OS and stated that I was experiencing issues with crashing (spoiler: neither was specified in my ticket, unfortunately). It also didn't address issues I was having with audio just suddenly going silent. The support agent also gave me instructions for Mac OS when I said that my OS was Windows 10. lol

Just submitted my second ticket regarding the issue as it has now gotten worse (I've got my account handle changed in-game if you want to look into it, btw). I haven't been able to test v2.4.8 tonight (been super busy), but I've gone into detail there in the ticket. If possible, it'd be great if it could be forwarded to someone I can speak with directly about the issues I've been having with the game's performance. I've been experiencing the permanent FPS drops as well as permanent loss to audio after 30 mins of playing in the worst instance of this scenario. Other times, it happens within every 1-2 hours, unfortunately. It drops from 60 FPS > 40 FPS > 30 FPS > 20 FPS (Music/Sound FX cut out at this point.) > 10-15 FPS. Sometimes lower.

It'd be great if I could get help regarding the issues I've been having. I'll provide any necessary tech specs in the ticket, if necessary. In the meantime, I'll try out v2.4.8 and the 64-bit client instead of running the game on 32-bit early tomorrow morning and see if that has any improvement.

Thanks for the information, Jessica! :)
    Edited by Korozenn on November 7, 2019 6:32AM
  • ripper1977
    ripper1977
    Soul Shriven
    PC master Race lol. PS4 my game crashed once since release. Lol
    Edited by ripper1977 on June 21, 2016 3:59PM
    DPS CP 1026