The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Crashing Issues

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a reply to the ticket I submitted about this about half an hour ago.It told me to seek professional help me remove my add-on files,check my DPIs,etc.
    I changed my game from W10 ccompatibility(which was fine until recently)to W7 compatibility
    I ran the game as Admin
    Checked my brand new video card
    Still,the game keeps kicking me out,and/or moving me elsewhere all of a sudden.
    If I am to pay every month,I should be able to play the game.
    For the time I am unable to do so,I should be reimbursed.
    Period.
    For the first time I am angry at what is going on.
    Since this is happening for only about a couple of weeks or so,it isnt my PC,or system.It is whatever they did to the game.
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    I crash every single time I go to pick up the undaunted pledges in grahtwood and every single time I go to drop of a writ in wrothgar. This is getting extremely annoying. I am on xbox one. Has anyone from ZOS even confirmed that they have this issue, or that they are doing anything about it?
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    After this week's patch the game crasher much more often.
  • ZairanArainai
    ZairanArainai
    ✭✭
    My game tends to crash every time I log out. Instead of taking me to my desktop, I get a black screen, followed by a crash report. This used to be an occasional issue, but in the past month or so, it's only gotten worse.
  • XANTITHESISX
    XANTITHESISX
    ✭✭✭
    I crash every single time I go to pick up the undaunted pledges in grahtwood and every single time I go to drop of a writ in wrothgar. This is getting extremely annoying. I am on xbox one. Has anyone from ZOS even confirmed that they have this issue, or that they are doing anything about it?

Yes.. I have been having the same issue.
    I could not even log into 3 of my characters located in Grahtwood on XBOX1 last night.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

We want to let you know that we are aware of the numerous crashing reports we’ve seen since Thieves Guild was released on PC/Mac yesterday, and would like to provide some troubleshooting steps for you to try.

First and foremost, there is currently a crash that we are working on fixing that is affecting many of you in various circumstances. While there’s no workaround at the moment, please understand that we are hard at work to address this as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please visit this article on our Support page and go through each of the steps to see if this helps address the crashing you’re experiencing. These steps include:
    • Making sure you meet the game’s minimum requirements (note that this hasn’t changed in this patch, and is still the same as it has been since last year)
    • Checking your graphics card drivers and settings
    • Downloading the latest Windows updates, including the latest Visual C++ update and DirectX version
      • Note that we have upgraded the ESO graphics engine to be DirectX 11 specific as per the 2.3.5 patch notes, and are no longer supporting graphics cards that are not compatible with DX11.
    • Changing your game’s graphics settings
    • Repairing the game client
    • Removing any addons
    If you go through each of these steps and your game is still crashing, please wait until we have implemented a fix for the crash we are currently investigating. If at that point you are still running into issues, we encourage you to submit a ticket with our Support Team.

We’ll keep you updated on the status of the aforementioned crash. Thank you for your patience.

Always hanging, no crashreport, when I quit the game to Windows desktop.
    "ESO is not responding" prompt.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Incarnatus
    Incarnatus
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting kicked to login screen. Totally random. I have to close the client before it will allow me to login again.
  • Jelle_Zwiers
    Does this problem only occur on Windows?
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to add.. if anyone else with PSN is having same issues. Game crashing a lot as well via PSN. Been quest constant last several days. It varies. Sometimes 3-5 times within the first 10-30 minutes for several durations within a few hours of playtime to once to thrive within an hour. Definitely, this error 318 is very annoying.

Also, lagging issue is quite often. Like when you're in a fight, my character freezes up right before an attack. I can still move around, but my axe is struck on the before the strike pose, then if crashes, I have to log back in. When I log back in, I am back in that same fight location and I can be found already dead. If it does not crash, I'm struck like that for about 10-30 seconds until it finally gets unfreeze and I strike the blow. It seems during my stuck mode, the enemy has been freely attacking me. It does show my health depleted some, after I get unstuck.

Also, I can be running or riding along and seems things are fine, then all of a sudden, I get warped back a few meters to my previous location. It seems like I was hit by an invisible lightning speed retractor beam or something. Been occurring quite often as well last several days.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried playing today, 8 crashes so I've given up even trying.

Barely spend 5 secs in game before crashing and getting the painfully unhelpful 'eso has experienced an error' message.

64 bit or 32 bit, makes no diff. I'm hoping like hell ya'll fix these issues with DB. Non-stop trouble since TG launched and I'm over it.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried installing the DB patch, got some info from the launcher that some files were opened and that I should close my game (and my game was closed).

- Repair was the only option. I clicked Repair.
    - Waited almost 3h to download the ENTIRE game again (!!!!), patch applying failed - files already opened, close the game message again.
    - Restarted the PC, opened the launcher, patch installed automatically without problems.
    - Started the game, crashed due to Error 11, both 64bit and 32bit.
    - Checked the web - in case of Error 11, click on Repair.
    - Oh great! Another 3h to waste.
    - Repairing again, currently at 3%.

IF anything, please make "Repair" work as should - finding the corrupt files, not downloading 33 gigabytes of data!!! :(
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Tried installing the DB patch, got some info from the launcher that some files were opened and that I should close my game (and my game was closed).

- Waited almost 3h to download the ENTIRE game again (!!!!), patch applying failed - files already opened, close the game message again.
    - Restarted the PC, opened the launcher, patch installed automatically without problems.

IF anything, please make "Repair" work as should - finding the corrupt files, not downloading 33 gigabytes of data!!! :(

If you are getting the "Error 1032 OSError_Locked" message (like I did initially) open Task Manager and find the "ZoCrashReporter" and kill it. Then I was able to launch the game without that error.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Sillouete
    Sillouete
    ✭✭
    Victus wrote: »

If you are getting the "Error 1032 OSError_Locked" message (like I did initially) open Task Manager and find the "ZoCrashReporter" and kill it. Then I was able to launch the game without that error.

Is there anyway to kill the crash report without killing the game? When I find it on the Task Manager and end the process, it also closes my game. When I relaunch it, the same thing happens, another crash report.
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Sillouete wrote: »

Is there anyway to kill the crash report without killing the game? When I find it on the Task Manager and end the process, it also closes my game. When I relaunch it, the same thing happens, another crash report.

Make sure this crash report and all instances of ESO are not running before you start the launcher. Start the launcher and it should come up fine and you can hit Play.

Are you getting this error message while the game is running?
  • Sillouete
    Sillouete
    ✭✭

Make sure this crash report and all instances of ESO are not running before you start the launcher. Start the launcher and it should come up fine and you can hit Play.

Nope, I'm getting it right after I hit the play button, or right after I launch the 64 bit launcher. The black screen with the logos start coming out and right at the instance, it crashes and the crash report window comes up. When I either close it, submit a report, or try to kill it via the Task Manager, it closes both the report window and the game itself.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been getting the same issue on my PC. Patch fails to download over and over again. Have repaired several times an it fails every time. Worked fine on my laptop.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, but I had no crash reporter present. Good thing to know in the future though, I'll open Task manager and kill everything ESO related. Thanks!
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭

Nope, I'm getting it right after I hit the play button, or right after I launch the 64 bit launcher. The black screen with the logos start coming out and right at the instance, it crashes and the crash report window comes up. When I either close it, submit a report, or try to kill it via the Task Manager, it closes both the report window and the game itself.

Ok this happened to me last night, and thankfully a Repair (and then re-download of the patch) worked for me.
  • Weveran
    Weveran
    Soul Shriven
    Thursday 9.02am AEST

Updated Graphics ....
    Updated Sound ....
    Repaired Client.....
    64 bit Client - GTX970 - 32GB Ram - MSI Gaming MB
    Windows 10
    Machine is less than 6mnths old - all drivers updated

WTF!!!

Framerate stutters, sound stutters, game takes 10 mins to load if at all, Character Screen stutters, log in issues

Prior to Patch - perfect
    Post Patch - crap
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still same problem with crashes without clear reason, no matter if there is patch or not, crashes occur. Addons are up to date, but are they the main problem? I doubt, because I can play for hours without crash then get ctd with doing some combo spells or simply staying still reading info on screen.

If it's addons the main problem, maybe ZOS would pay more attention to this part of game and their correlation with game content. None from my other MMOs actually crashes so often like ESO, without any particular reason I could describe in crash report. Stability is so unstable, I never know which from my in game activities can cause a ctd, and that's not entertaining at all.

PC 64 bit, I don't want to change back to 32 - just please keep working on stability.
    I play on cable, stable ping, mostly pve, proper rig stats accoring to game requirements.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game Crashing issues still happening in Wrothgar when you leaves the Outlaw's Refuge.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ever since DB patch hit I get an average of 6-10 crashes per 2 hours played.

All of them with the 'ESO has stopped working.... please tell us what you were doing' ZoS error popup.

Tried reinstalling everything... game, drivers, addons on & off... nothing makes any difference...

It's not the hardware as a limiting factor (980Ti etc)...

Thieves guild the crashes got worse... now with DB it's getting pretty unbearable for me. 3 crashes in our raid last night... and I was healing, so that's never good! ;)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learn to slow down, running around at max speed constantly, with every speed buff and spell, I'm thinking the game just loses you and thus CRASH :)
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    While in a 12 man raid group players get kicked to login screen. Totally random but all at the same time.
    Iv seen 6 crash at the exact same time unable to login for an extended period of time.

To me it look like the server got too many 'messages' because of the 12 man trial and kick players because they trigger a anti hack/exploit feature. then it prevent them for logging back in for around 15min.

There is nothing wrong with the involved player, no macro, no hack, no expoit just too much information sent back and forth.
    Unless its all our isp or all our computer at the same time...

my 2 cents
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    Crashed over and over again yesterday. Initially had problems with the update not wanting to decompress. Finally, after a couple of Repairs, it finally worked. Though trying to use the 64-bit game was not going to work.

When I would crash, usually it was when changing characters. I would get sent back to the log in screen with a notice about that there was a problem and should wait a few minutes before opening the game again. The Notices were not loaded and I would have to wait about 5 minutes before I could get the launcher to work and the log in screen.to display the notices.

Once ingame I would often have the game lag out with my actions and the enemy's actions not displayed, and when it would come back, I was dead.

A very frustrating day.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just crashed like 12 to 15 times back to back on my DK tank in Silver Pledge. I hope ZOS fixes this problem soon.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the latest patch I'm crashing at minimum once per 3 hours play time with the "ESO has stopped working" message. This never happened to me at all before. No lag generally, though it often stutters a little immediately before the crash.

Tried removing addons and repairing but no effect there.
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any time I try taking any wayshrine to Rawl'kha.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not crashing, but I am getting stuck far too often on infinite loading screens.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DB update was great, fixed my crashing. But since the hotfixes its getting worse again. Game freezing, crashing, its driving me nuts. Please stop breaking it with hotfixes.
    PC NA - EPHS