The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game Crashing Issues

• rillean
    rillean
    Soul Shriven
    Here is a thought. If so many people are having issues maybe it is not a problem with their computers but a problem with the game?

Maybe I am the only one but my vote is that you suspend releasing new content until the base game actually works.
    "I do what I must, because I can!" - Heard being uttered from the Blessed of Mara before he jumped off a cliff.

Kitsune Clan
    Clan Emperor
    http://kitsuneclan.guildlaunch.com/
  • Smellfire
    Smellfire
    ✭✭✭
    From this evening get a ping from 500 to 999. Can't find eu ip to ping, but pinged a few other games and tired on steam other games and all worked fine.

Only one effected is EU ESO.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm crashing about 10x an hour in the gold coast zone on xbox.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • mrvbalc
    mrvbalc
    ✭✭✭
    ====================================================================
    eso has stopped working.
    ====================================================================

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.2.4.7.1320798
    branch = live
    char.account = mrvbalc
    char.alliance = 1
    char.name = Rhaegar Balc Targaryen
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = inworld
    client.renderertype = D3D11
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2016-06-15T00:36:18.612Z
    client.time_since_load = 321
    client.timestamp = 2016-06-15T01:47:32.662Z -frme 187318-
    client.uptime = 4274.1
    computer.name = DESKTOP-DC8AN0A
    computer.user = Balachandar
    cpu.arch = 0
    cpu.count = 8
    cpu.level = 6
    cpu.type = 586
    data.depotid = 4000
    data.dir = D:/Program Files (x86)/The Elder Scrolls Online/depot/
    data.syncm = databuild
    data.version = 0.win.0.live.1320798
    exe.buildnum = 1320798
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    gfx.description = 10.18.13.6822
    gfx.deviceid = 5080.117968936.161
    gfx.driver = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
    gfx.vendorid = 4318
    globby.address = 198.20.200.25
    globby.port = 24507
    loc.wloc = 234 133100 15484 193801 338.63
    loc.world = Reaper's March
    loc.worldid = 234
    loc.zone = Reaper's March
    login.address = 198.20.200.25
    mem.system_physical = 16283
    mem.total_current = 3195
    mem.total_peak = 3195
    mem.ws_current = 3050
    mem.ws_peak = 3050
    os.osbits = 64
    os.platform = windows
    os.version = 10.0.10586.
    ptime = 0
    realm.depotid = 0
    realm.id = 4000
    realm.name = NA Megaserver
    reportfield.ver = 3
    version.major = 2
    version.patch = 4
    version.subpatch = 7

crashing every 30 mins, and when i submitted a ticket i got a player's guide from ZOS as response to that ticket
    967qe6gfe8s7.png
    Balc
    As always Dragon of the Dominion
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree... receive several 'crash to black screens' during gaming since addition of DB... never experienced this before DB and nothing in my system itself has changed... the ONLY variable is the game update.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's good to have company? I'm on Xbox and crash back to the Xbox home screen if I try to move. I went into all characters and could open the menu and adjust attribute points but that's it. I was trying to get my main crafter to walk over to a crafting table in Elden Root. She spawns facing a banner and I can turn her around but that's all. I try to walk and the screen freezes, then goes black and I'm back on Xbox home screen. This has happened 5 or 6 times in the last hour so i quit for now.

This is, of course, since the patch yesterday which didn't finish downloading until late last night so now it the first opportunity I had to see how things were going. It's always rocky after a patch but this is worse than the previous DLC patches.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Dilligaf1369
    Dilligaf1369
    Soul Shriven
    I have been trying to get on any of my characters for over an hour and a half and crash out/time out on every character I try, PS4 restarted console once and still same no matter which character.
    More than you can imagine, or none in the least. It all depends on the subject.
  • Archmage1
    Archmage1
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One: crashing every few minutes in Anvil, other parts of Gold Coast, Grahtwood since DB DLC. Can't log back on due to instant crash (character in Elden Root, Grahtwood).
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    I'm crashing about 10x an hour in the gold coast zone on xbox.

Same here as well as the rest of our guild
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I've been lucky so far? Didn't get to play after db download yesterday(Xbox) but played about 5 hours today swapping between characters with no issues.
  • ausmack2014
    ausmack2014
    ✭✭✭
    Since June 14 I have had 3 crashes on my PC, and have not had a computer crash in 2 years prior to that. I have changed nothing, the display driver is up to date, the operating temperatures are fine.

If this issue is not fixed I will be unable to continue to play ESO and will sadly have to discontinue my subscription. Its not what I want to do but I will have no choice.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since June 14 I have had 3 crashes on my PC, and have not had a computer crash in 2 years prior to that. I have changed nothing, the display driver is up to date, the operating temperatures are fine.

If this issue is not fixed I will be unable to continue to play ESO and will sadly have to discontinue my subscription. Its not what I want to do but I will have no choice.

So you would discontinue over THREE crashes?? I have that many happen on a DAILY basis playing ESO since the DB update, and it's not really a computer crash but a game crash.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium has finally killed my character. I tried to find the Enchanter and not even two minutes after saying i was most likely gonna crash, i crash to the home screen. I then attempted to log back in and i crashed three more times in a row trying to load that character.

After trying the Power Cycle suggestion, I have now crashed six times.

Time for a support ticket i guess.
    Edited by ArchMikem on June 16, 2016 5:24AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • HonourXL
    HonourXL
    ✭✭
    well I'm playing at console what the *** should I suppose to do. loading screen in every 100 meters and crashing in every 10 min. Good job ZOS. Welcome to ESO BETA.
    XBOX- EU
    Honour XL aka Kaiser Mehmed
    DC - STAM NB
    DC - STAM SORC
    AD- MAG TEMPLAR
    DC - MAG DK
    DC - STAMPLAR
    DC- MAG NB
    EP- STAM DK
    MY CHANNEL:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCnvn5pMPMXYfjcTPHOHi5mA
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash after crash after loadibg screen after crash, not to mention the message make sure you have a valid internet connection how about zos makes sure it has a valid server..
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Ilawynde
    Ilawynde
    ✭✭✭
    I'll see if I can add to the choir.

I have been trying to get my characters moved from Elden Root to a quieter zone so I can play.

I have struggled to get 1 moved. My Provisioner.

I will try to get my weapons armor enchanter and alchemist moved.

This is absolutely the most @#$% I have had to deal with on this game since "stress testing".

NA XBONE

AD

GT Ilawynde

• zadori1975
    Greetings.
    I'm playing on Xbox. After the dark brotherhood dlc, the game crash very often. I tried to reinstall the game but nothing happened. Also very often experiencing frame rate drop, lag. Loading issues as well. Quest trackers missing from the map. Not just me, everyone everywhere in the European server. I hope you can resolve these problems, because the game almost unplayable this moment. The crafting bag is very cool. The brotherhood quest line also, just very difficult to play be use these technical problems. I love the game and want to play, so please do a great job and fix it for us.
    Thanks.
  • Ilawynde
    Ilawynde
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to get all my characters moved out of Elden Root.

Some stuttering but it stayed playable.

Seemed to be "more phasing" than usual but the game stayed up!!

Breaks over.........................

Good luck to everyone and keep it enjoyable and civil!
  • Endless-Shogun
    Endless-Shogun
    ✭✭✭
    I'm crashing repeatedly when in town. Larger towns that have at least a bank. I stay in town maybe 15 in-game minutes (not counting crash-reload-sequences), to do my things. I crash about 2-4 times during this window.

No problems when outside of town.
    I have not been in Gold Coast for more than an hours so far, can't report about that area.
    - The Legion Empire -
  • golfercb
    golfercb
    Soul Shriven
    I have submitted a ticket and no response. I understand that y'all are busy. But I can't complete my weeklies because I crash in the same exact spot in VMA every single time. I have tried every superstitious and non-superstitious fix there is.
  • Fatal_x3
    Fatal_x3
    Soul Shriven
    Game Crashes so much with the new Dark Brotherhood so I try to queue for Dungeons and queue never pops... it was 3 hours into queue and a million side quests later. I really just want to run dungeons since everything else is crashing on me.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Orsinium has finally killed my character. I tried to find the Enchanter and not even two minutes after saying i was most likely gonna crash, i crash to the home screen. I then attempted to log back in and i crashed three more times in a row trying to load that character.

After trying the Power Cycle suggestion, I have now crashed six times.

Time for a support ticket i guess.

Update: I was eventually able to somehow load into the character that kept crashing and as soon as I did, turned her butt around and hightailed it out of Orsinium, and then used an exterior Wayshrine to leave Wrothgar. In total the game crashed around eight or so times. This only proves to show that I cannot enjoy the majority of the DLC content if it's just going to trap my Character in a near endless Crash cycle. And it makes me feel like Bark Brotherhood has the same problems from the horror stories I'm hearing from my Guildmates who have already started.
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    There have been multiple problems and multiple hotfixes on PC. The current state of things is as follows:

Gold Coast bounty boards are now back after a long period of being inactive/unusable- this is a win. Good job ZOS.

LFG is TOTALLY BUSTED. This got some sort of fix and worked for like 2 days, but is now back to being broken. Not only this, but some of the bosses in the dungeons (which have otherwise worked for years) are now totally glitched, so even if you manage to get a group the old fashioned way, you still might not necessarily be able to complete your group goals. This is an epic fail. Please investigate and fix this. I miss dungeons:(

Please note trials and vMSA also have bugs preventing completion, but not all the time. I know intermittent bugs are the worst ones to pin down down and fix because hey are hard to replicate. Wish I had some solid info to help isolate the problem(s).

The craft bag is GODLY- as a master craftsman, this is worth the expansion issues by itself.
  • Archmage1
    Archmage1
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One: it has gotten worse. My main character is in Wrothgar and I have crashed 30 times straight. I cannot log in!!!!!!!! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please make this a priority!
  • WynonaStealth
    WynonaStealth
    ✭✭
    COME ON ZOS GIVE US A RESPONSE! This is ridiculous you ripped off all your customers! You sold us a broken product! You can atleast get your ass on here and give us SOMETHING!? Are you even aware your game is *** jacked? Do you know the group tool no longer works? Why would you even mess with the tool after years of it being broken and FINNALY working, u break it AGAIN!? Woowwww. Are you aware the game crashes every 5 minutes on every platform and when it dosent crash the area takes soo long to load it cause severe frame drops? Are you ACTUALLY working on a fix for the bugged basic attack animation that you "confirmed" you were working on several ESO LIves ago? It's been broken for MONTHS btw! Did you realize that adding the shield icon while blocking was totally unneccasary and you decided not to also give us a toggle to turn that *** *** off? PleAse ZOS, are you there? Do you even read these forums anymore? Do you care?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah, even after I finally managed to move my character out of Crashinium and to another zone, couple days later Support writes back saying they moved my Character to a safe location. :p

Granted, I didn't let them know I had managed to move it myself, but still. I wonder where my Character is now.
  • WynonaStealth
    WynonaStealth
    ✭✭
    Lol hopefully not back to Crashinium
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    I see dlc zones and all around game performance haven't been fixed but new content keeps being added, putting more strain on the game.

Orsinium:
    Run around the city, crash.
    Go to the bank, crash.
    Dye station, crash.
    City forge, crash.

Abah's Landing:
    Dye station, crash

Hello darkness my old friend... lol

Honestly though, its pretty annoying that dlc content keeps being added without dealing with the base game's performance issues and older zones like Orsinium.

EDIT: I don't have DB yet so i'm sure that's going to be another crash/lag/framerate drop fest.
    Edited by Xerosus on June 18, 2016 2:36AM
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    the game is completely unplayable on xbox. I cant even log in anymore, when I try to login I get a message telling me to contact customer service lol...... ZOS have to be trolling
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomato wrote: »
    9 crashes yesterday and 13 today so far with a GTX 970

Be careful using G-Force products with this game. There was/is a severe memory leak that to my knowledge was never fixed. I had to replace my video card after it burnt up due to the continued issues.
    Edited by Goldie on June 18, 2016 8:38PM
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar