Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solo play too difficult

• Wimbuut
    I like to play solo aswell

- Dodge
    - Eat
    - Don't stand in anything red
    - Be no hero :wink:
    Wimbuut VR10 - Nord Dragonknight
    Achievement Points: 5805
  • Championofold
    My experience is that if you are struggling its because you are song something wrong all classes have healing abilities so perhaps your not effectively using your class to its potential try experimenting with different weapons
  • ollystephens
    I used to find it difficult like you, then I took an arrow to the knee. Or more correctly, put an arrow in their knee
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not that oddly I find that Magicka users have much easier time soloing stuffs than stamina users. I can only compare my Dragon knight stamina with my Sorcerer Magicka doing the main story quests. I died a lot more on my Stamina char, though it could also be because she was my first character, it was before update 6 so less stamina attacks.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it is a MMO, god forbid you have to socialize.

I pretty much solod everything except group dungeons

I was doing level 49 mobs at level 36 to 42 on my first play through and with CP points it just got easier with my alts

The game is good in that quests colours help.

White quests are too easy no XP hardly
    Green quests should be easy with standard XP
    Yellow quests are a bit tougher but doable standard XP
    Orange quests are hard with an increased XP, this is where I tended to play most.

Red quests were solid as a solo players great for groups but towards the end had to do them as that's all I has left with out dropping to green n whites
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with most of the recent comments. In no way was soloing to hard. You just had to pick your areas and quests wisely in order to get the best/quickest exp for your level. That's not hard.

Always start with your starter island (IMO), that way you'll have a great head start to rinse through quests when you're back.
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • hsang1201
    hsang1201
    I need friends to play with for this Aldmeri Dominion. All my friends are in other alliances. It's boring to play alone, plus I need buddies to play Dungeons. I'm lvl42, and I'd be happy to help lower lvl players to lvl up. HMU on PS4. Da_GR3NAD3R_XD
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is only a problem if you skipped the starter islands. You want to skip content don't be surprised when your under leveled/under powered. I can't count the amount of new players running around the first main cities in Coldharbour rags doing quests lol. I was level 7 and had full magic gear and a full bar of skills by the time I left the starter islands.

This...

Although the beginning when you are not equipped at all is a bit more difficult, you can still take on 2 mobs if you equip and advance yourself through the starter areas. If you skip them, you end up starting in town at lvl 3 I think, but you are in rags and without learning how your character works. After lvl 6-7 you should be able to do 2-3 sometimes, and by 10, usually have no trouble with at least 3. You also have to use strategy as what has been mentioned. Know what to use, when to block and get out of the way of certain attacks that are AOE or facing one direction. Flanking or moving when you see that an attack is coming is useful especially with named mobs. Watch for the red patch on the ground. Even level cave mobs are a challenge, but I have soloed them all in my faction, up to the last zone with a nightblade. Sometimes I didn't make it the first attempt, but it didn't happen more than 4-5 times.

Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • justin.a.hairb14_ESO
    This game is already too easy! There is no real threat to anything. This is an MMO not a single player game. I want a leveling experience that is fun, difficult, and that forces group play because had I wanted to play a rpg solo I would go play Witcher 3 or Skyrim. This is an mmo not a single player game. They need to make Anchors more difficult so you must group for them and then make difficulty scale based on the numbers players participating. They should make the zone boss fights (Skull & Cross Bone on map) More difficult where you need a solid group to kill them. I do not like playing this solo at all because this is an mmo and mmo games are no fun solo. This is because they do not have the story, skills, layout, quest structure of a single player game like Witcher 3. Witcher 3 is amazingly fun solo play because it is a single player game. When you make mmos so easy you can solo them and gear really doesn't matter so much then you make it a bore fest.

I played the new DOOM on Ultra Violence and it was very challenging and now I unlocked Nightmare mode and it is insanely difficult... Granted it is a shooter and not a RPG, but the point is it is a real challenge beating bosses on Nightmare and you will have to do them over and over until you finally succeed which creates a sense of self accomplishment. In Skyrim I played on hardest difficulty and would always go in full magic so every guy rushed me so it was more of a challenge.

I have a max level character on ESO PS4 and there is no challenge and I feel like there is no point to getting a rare helm from vet dungeon just so when I get to vet rank 16 I have to kill the same mob to get the same helm that looks the same only it's a little more powerful. Seems like they didn't know what to do with the end game and were rushed to release the game so they did it this way because it was faster and cost less.

What they should have done was make 50 max level, take out vet rank, and make the dungeons a tier so you do the first one to get powerful enough gear to do the next. Then release an expansion with max level to 60 and create a brand new set of tier dungeons and raids for the higher levels... This would of been way more fun, but the development cost would have been higher too.
    Edited by justin.a.hairb14_ESO on June 1, 2016 8:40PM
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We're closing this discussion to prevent an further necromancy.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.