Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solo play too difficult

• fantom
    fantom
    Wrong. EASY leveling is the real chore.

I'm sorry that a game actually asks you to USE YOUR BRAIN when you play it. Shocking concept, I know.

ESO leveling isn't even hard, every class has the tools it needs to succeed and failure is due purely to lack of skill, not the game mechanics or tuning. You NEVER have to swap from being a light armor caster to heavy armor shield user, but you ARE expected to have more than 5+1 skills unlocked and ready to go depending on the fight.

You will have more than 1 HUNDRED skill points on your character before hitting 50 as long as you collect sky shards. And that's without doing a single dungeon or touching Cyrodiil. You have NO right to complain about difficulty if you aren't using the tools the game gives you (skill points).

Use your weapon swap, use your other skill points, use your interrupt/block/dodge. If you do that there isn't a single boss in this game pre-50 that you can't beat.
    Edited by fantom on April 20, 2014 5:15PM
  • TheVindelator
    TheVindelator
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god this game isn't any easier. It would be very boring for me and probably a lot of other people. I honestly don't think I'm that great a player but I've had no trouble taking on multiple enemies with any of my characters.
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    This game says "play as you want"...

I do not want to hurt mobs! This is mean!
    I do not want a single attack-skill in my actionbar and I refuse to group with people!

Pls change/nerf the whole game so I finally can get past the very first mob right after that prison cell!

I have been wiping here since 7 days now!
    This game is so broken!

You see what I did here?^^
    Edited by Hodorius on April 20, 2014 6:22PM
  • Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    Hodorius wrote: »
    This game says "play as you want"...

I do not want to hurt mobs! This is mean!
    I do not want a single attack-skill in my actionbar and I refuse to group with people!

Pls change/nerf the whole game so I finally can get past the very first mob right after that prison cell!

I have been wiping here since 7 days now!
    This game is so broken!

You see what I did here?^^

Yeah. You used the same crappy strawman argument I've been hearing from elitists since Ultima Online. Just because someone has issues with difficulty does not mean any of the following...

1. They are useless scrubs that need to play a different game.
    2. They want everything handed to them for no effort.
    3. They are just a bunch of kids.
    4. They are casual extremists who hate challenge.

For some reason, people like yourself seem to believe that if anyone cannot handle the difficulty in a game, difficulty that you were able to handle, that there is automatically something wrong with them. You have an overinflated sense of self-importance that leads you to insult and dismiss anyone who did not breeze through content as easily as you CLAIM to (notice, I said claim. I don't believe half of it). Stop it. Just, stop it. People like YOU are what drives a game into the ground. The vast majority of the gaming public these days is casual. Not bad, or useless, or stupid, just casual. I myself am casual. That doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing, it simply means that I don't have the time, the patience, or the desire to turn a game into a job. I have a problem with the difficulty of some of this stuff, and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

Games like this have to appeal to the widest group possible. If they are going to continually treat the game like a solo-style. single player game that just happens to have a lot of people playing (which is definitely what they seem to be doing, and that's not a complaint), then they need to make as much of the content solo-friendly as possible. If that means nerfing difficulty, so be it. If a few elitist jerks ragequit because they think the game is to easy, fine. I would much rather keep the largest audience for the longest period of time. Hardcore, elitist, "you have to die in order to learn" style players are a rather distinct minority.

I'm not saying I want a faceroll. I don't want everything handed to me and I don't want the content nerfed into oblivion. I DO think some aspects of the game are too hard for a sizable portion of the player base and need to be toned down.

That is all.

Have a nice day.
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • Apricot
    Apricot
    ✭✭
    fantom wrote: »
    Wrong. EASY leveling is the real chore.

I'm sorry that a game actually asks you to USE YOUR BRAIN when you play it. Shocking concept, I know.

ESO leveling isn't even hard, every class has the tools it needs to succeed and failure is due purely to lack of skill, not the game mechanics or tuning. You NEVER have to swap from being a light armor caster to heavy armor shield user, but you ARE expected to have more than 5+1 skills unlocked and ready to go depending on the fight.

You will have more than 1 HUNDRED skill points on your character before hitting 50 as long as you collect sky shards. And that's without doing a single dungeon or touching Cyrodiil. You have NO right to complain about difficulty if you aren't using the tools the game gives you (skill points).

Use your weapon swap, use your other skill points, use your interrupt/block/dodge. If you do that there isn't a single boss in this game pre-50 that you can't beat.

Oh I've beat all the bosses thus far and the tactics I used were friggin' stupid. Seriously, running around in circles for ten minutes? This is a tedious chore not fun and using your brain. But if you like it have fun, Einstein. Just because you think it's fun doesn't make it superior game play. That's purely subjective.

I don't think it's fun. I don't like it. Comprende?

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep telling you. I have disabilities. Certain play styles just don't work for me. I am not the only person playing who has disabilities. This isn't just an issue for casual players.

I believe that grouping should be allowed for all quests/encounters as an option. That forced solo content doesn't need to be nerfed, it needs to allow grouping.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe FORCED solo content SHOULD be completable by the vast majority without having to over level and constantly bang their head against a wall to complete.

With that said I think they also need to look at other content like elites, public dungeon bosses, dark anchors and make those much harder.

Group dungeons as far as I have seen are hard enough except for the trash mobs. Those don't seem to be working properly, my groups are always for some reason able to split these mobs quite easily simplifying the content.
  • Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun98ca2 wrote: »
    I believe FORCED solo content SHOULD be completable by the vast majority without having to over level and constantly bang their head against a wall to complete.

With that said I think they also need to look at other content like elites, public dungeon bosses, dark anchors and make those much harder.

Group dungeons as far as I have seen are hard enough except for the trash mobs. Those don't seem to be working properly, my groups are always for some reason able to split these mobs quite easily simplifying the content.

I would agree with this. This is the sort of compromise I'm talking about.

I like your thought process my friend. We need more like you. :)
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • supernickx
    supernickx
    ✭✭✭
    It's clear whatever blanket configuration file they applied to generate the VR content hasn't worked in some cases.

Some of the quests and monsters are so overtuned there is no chance you can solo it; the best you can do is ask a friend to help or wait for someone to come along. Assuming they don't tweak anything next patch, you'll know exactly what I mean when you have to kill Frost and Lightning Atronachs with 12k HP that hit you for 700 each auto attack and god knows what with skills.

This would be fine if the quest was marked as group but when you're expected to take on a 16k elite that hits you for 50% of your health, you know something isn't right.

Also sorry to say, if you are not in Veteran ranks, you got no experience to comment. The game is balanced and tuned just fine 1-50. It's an entirely different game in VR content.

It's also worth noting as a templar I feel like I probably have a much easier time than others, especially Nightblades. Ultimately though I just don't feel like my character is really powering up in comparison to the mobs which is the progression you usually want to see in an MMO.
    Edited by supernickx on April 21, 2014 1:12AM
  • Viverim
    Viverim
    ✭✭
    My own experience so far, limited though it is, is that a tank build (heavy armor, lots of health, health regen options) can solo with limited difficulty. I have on occasion met with bosses I have had difficulty beating (I had to out-level Doisha by like, 8 levels to finally beat her), but for the most part I can face 3 or so NPCs and win without too much difficulty.

My experience with anything that isn't a tank, however, is that you have extreme difficulty trying to solo content unless you follow a very strict build type. My nightblade has a lot of difficulty trying to fight any sizable group in medium armor, but that's because I have her built to deal burst damage without any built in heals. I will probably have to rebuild the character around the Syphon line instead to have a good chance of soloing.

So, my take on this is that it is possible to solo, but you have to have certain build types and certain armor configurations to do so well. This, unfortunately, does tend to run counter to the claim that you can play the game any way that you choose, which is a claim that the company makes.

Do I think that the game needs to be nerfed? In general probably not. There does, however, need to be some attention put into seeing if non-tank builds are viable for solo situations, especially in Main Story content where grouping isn't an option.
  • wardly
    wardly
    Personally i agree that solo play is to difficult at times. It's odd though, i mean most of the time it's not at all difficult you wade through mobs that aren't part of a quest pretty quickly, but you hit a named mob that you need to kill to complete a quest and you can't even come close to killing it. Over and over and over you die trying. trying different tactics popping potions at specific times, using what stuns or skills you might have to stop the mob from using what power is sucking down most of your health. But the odd thing is that it's not all quests, just occasionally you hit one that seems like it was intended to be a group quest or something.

Currently my nightblade is level 8, running a level 8 quest and i need to kill some level 8 mob (don't remember the quest name but i have to fight the mob with the queen) he summons two additional level 8 mobs and i'm toast can't even kill one much less three.

We're supposed to be able to play the game however we want. But that's a bunch of [snip]. You have to play with specific builds and gear or go home.

I pretty much solo since i have other things in life that will from time to time pull me away from the computer for a few minutes. That is extremely annoying for a group to deal with. So because of that I don't group so i don't have to put people through that.

But i still enjoy playing mmo's for the open world type of rpg that you can't find in any single player rpg outside of skyrim which i've played way to much already. So i agree with the original poster, that it's to difficult.

Some love the difficulty but the majority won't make it past level 10 and they're make it easier. It just seems all to unbalanced because again sometimes the quest isn't hard at all and other times it's almost impossible for the level of the quest.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 7, 2024 2:32PM
  • Strawberrycocoa
    I am playing a Templar. I started out going Resto staff with light armor and using some class spells for offense. The spells were powerful but I got eaten alive by big groups just as you described. I switched to heavy armor and sword/shield, and the extra survivability became really noticeable. A full respec later and I love being a sword/shield heavy character more than I liked being a light armor user.

So, yeah, try new mixes. Try using the alternate skillines, Guild and World and etc.
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to think there might be a problem too, just as the OP says. But then I thought how to counter what I was encountering as a sorcerer.

As a sorcerer I found that having the Unstable Familiar, equipping Lightening Splash (for aoe damage), using a fire staff so that I can use Destructive Touch's knockback, and of course Mage's Fury. That way I can control mobs of three which used to kill me.

The key here is to think about what you are doing and what is going on and adjusting to it.
  • wardly
    wardly
    I used to think there might be a problem too, just as the OP says. But then I thought how to counter what I was encountering as a sorcerer.

As a sorcerer I found that having the Unstable Familiar, equipping Lightening Splash (for aoe damage), using a fire staff so that I can use Destructive Touch's knockback, and of course Mage's Fury. That way I can control mobs of three which used to kill me.

The key here is to think about what you are doing and what is going on and adjusting to it.

There are two points here for me anyway. One being that you have to play a particular way using particular skills and particular types of equipment or go home. i think your statement only enforces that concern of the game. The second is that you have to be a cookie cutter class to be able to complete the quests otherwise there to hard. which again your statement only enforces the concern.
  • Skyhawk462
    Skyhawk462
    ✭✭
    I have played solo since the launch of the game and have not had any real difficulties. You just have to know your class and adjust your tactics. One thing I like is that you can use terrain to your advantage at times. Sometimes a root/snare while you hide behind a tree waiting for that curse to explode and do its damage to and archer will help. Also, your class will be a lot more effective against some types of opponents than others. Its all about having fun and experimenting the different options available to your particular style of play more so than the class abilities themselves in my opinion.
  • Elencha
    Elencha
    ✭✭✭
    When I first started playing, I really felt the game was too hard. I was annoyed and pouty every time I died. Which was often. Very, very often. I am accustomed to a single player game where if the same thing kills me five or six times, I can go look up the console command to kill all enemies. I am not a casual player, at least in the sense that I don't play often. Video games are my primary and nearly only source of entertainment. But I have never been good at them.. I was awful on Atari, I was awful on my Commodore 64 and I was pretty bad at Dragon Age and most of the games in between. Didn't matter. I had Google. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a button masher, at least not until I start panicking because my health is low. I just don't have very good reaction time or aim very well. I hit the wrong button fairly frequently and I'm used to sniping for a big chunk of damage.
    So yeah, when I started this game, there was much pouting and raging at my screen, my cat, my puppy, my boyfriend and anyone else who might have come near me after I got killed for the fifth time by that giant eyeball thing that represents Lyris' terror. I definitely thought it was way too hard for a game with no console cheats.
    Now, though, I've learned to (mostly) stay calm and think out an encounter. I'm learning to compensate for my lack of hand-eye coordination. And I don't think the game is too hard overall. I'd hate to see it made easier, even though it's kicking my tail and the learning comes hard.
    That said, I do see some things that might imply a balance problem. I picked up the Vampire quest yesterday, (I was curious, I admit it), way before I was ready for it, and I actually almost killed one of the worm assassins. Bear in mind she was level 42 and I am level 13. Not an uber-skilled, I-speced-out-my-character-before-launch-using-advanced-algorithms level 13, but a why-doesn't-this-dang-game-have-cheat-codes level 13 that just got her heiny handed to her by post-nerf Doshia. I should have been squashed like a bug.
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it's frustrating to see these kinds of threads since people complain about difficulty without trying to improve too much. Not everyone, but a good portion do. There will always be different skill levels in any MMO. However I think the game does a good job at teaching you to use your brain before you go raging into battle.

Most of what I've seen in game and read shows that aside from people with actual disabilities which have sounded off in this thread, other people are just lazy. They're using some mish mash of skills that don't synergize, with armor types and weapons that don't compliment their skills and then go trying to take down content in the traditional way. Precisely because you have a different build than other people means you need to take a different approach. If you play this game in the traditional sense with skill pairing, weapons, and armor its a cakewalk.

If you experimented (which is fine) then try different methods of attack, sometimes your build may not be as flexible as you thought it was. Just because that's so don't automatically think its the game difficulty. you can't stack the cards against you and then expect to win the jackpot. I don't think content is hard at all prior to VR1, I can't speak about past that since I just got to VR1 recently.

To be good at this game isn't really about skill as it is about thinking through it. If you want to call that skill then so be it, but this game does plenty to choreograph and give people opportunities to success for the most part (bashing, cc's, self heals, etc.). Just because you choose not to take the time to learn it like other people have doesn't mean the game is difficult, just means you didn't want to put in as much effort as other people. Learn how each skill works, learn the basics, learn patterns and you can beat this game while being half asleep.
    Edited by SuperScrubby on April 21, 2014 9:47PM
  • Rosiveil
    Rosiveil
    ✭✭
    Frankly, I am pretty upset with how watered down most of the Bosses are now compared to what we faced in Beta. The game is NOT too hard in fact..its a touch too easy for my liking. I dump mobs, cc casters, kite, LOS, and anything else I need to do in order to achieve what I need to achieve. Its called skill, and strategy, and tactics.
    I quest in areas 3-5 levels ahead of my toon just for the difficulty appropriation. If you are having a tuff time with a particular situation chances are your not properly evaluating, prioritizing targets and utilizing CCs or other situation manipulators. Take the time to decide what class you MUST be...then further your fluency and critical thinking with that particular class. This isnt pac-man.
    I used to throw myself into no-win situations just for the critical thinking. If there is one tip I can give, its awareness.
    I know I personally would never come to a public forum and confess that a game is too hard. I change my ability level to dominate the game...not the other way around. FTR I completed the Vampire quest line, killing 10 level 42 nps on my NB at level 20. Too easy...nuff said.
  • Bloodlance
    Bloodlance
    ✭✭
    Level 40 atm AD side and Templar.

Had zero problems with toughness, BUT have had tough fights a bit.

1. you need to have a interrupt ability or spell (knockback,knockdown , something to interrupt enemy abilitys/power moves).
    2. you need to have hp gain or shielding (heal or abilitys that gain you more sustain).
    3. AoE is needed at endgame if you solo (packs might be 5-10 guys per one go), so have one magica AoE skill (spammable) and one stamina AoE skill (spammable) (this you need for sure).

Also remember that a character master in everything does less damage...

I have focused to one skill line for dps and 2nd skill line for heal and 3rd skill line for more hp and crit.

• rdudley
    rdudley
    I'd have to agree the game is quite manageable in terms of difficulty. I had to redo the Doshia fight a bunch of times before beating her. Its the first time in a long time with an MMO where I had to really think about how to approach a fight when soloing. WoW has become to easy and accommodating to every play style and skill level.... does anyone remember how difficult and tedious it was trying to solo in EQ?

*sigh* we have been spoiled.
  • CrazyRoyal
    CrazyRoyal
    ✭✭
    DONT you dare to listen to this [snip] tread ZOS!!!

PLEASE DONT!

things already got nerved since the PTS/BETA, some things are already to easy.

This is a MMO ou not playing skyrim or oblivion as single player...open your mouth talk with people group up and kill things..

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 7, 2024 2:33PM
  • nexmilitis
    Personally, I quite like the current level of difficulty (outside group dungeons, but I will get to that in a moment). When I encounter a quest boss, they feel like a boss. I don't feel like I am going to face roll them, which is a nice change of pace. Yes each character is the hero of the story, but being the hero does not mean "insta win."

That being said, it would be nice if, in instances where you do encounter a boss (e.g. manimarco) that there is a way out of the immediate quest area and port back. Also, some sort of warning that the quest line you are about to complete is going to lead you to a difficult boss to fight. This would alleviate quite a bit of the angst people are having as one could better prepare for each fight (it really would have been nice if I could have ported back to get a health pot for that fight...).

Now, as for group dungeons, holy mother of potatoes! Being that you are grouping with randoms, the dungeons really shouldn't be as hard as they are...especially at low levels. It just doesn't make any sense. It really isn't worth it to go and done them because of the amount of gold wasted on wipes and repairs.

This opinion is based on a number of groups, some where we did quite well when everyone worked together, and others...well we just wont talk about the "special" groups, it isn't polite. This isn't a call for nerf, but more a rethink of "tells." Also, perhaps shorten the level gap on some dungeons, so that lower level players have to wait until they are powerful enough not to die from their "accidental" standing in bad.
    This is where an image would be if I were allowed to have an image in my signature...
  • Elencha
    Elencha
    ✭✭✭
    Valdavia wrote: »
    [snip]
    CrazyRoyal wrote: »
    DONT you dare to listen to this [snip] tread ZOS!!!

PLEASE DONT!

things already got nerved since the PTS/BETA, some things are already to easy.

This is a MMO ou not playing skyrim or oblivion as single player...open your mouth talk with people group up and kill things..

[snip]

As, I've said, I agree, ultimately, with the sentiment that this game does not need to be watered down for the lowest common denominator, (regardless of whether or not I may be a part of it). However, the aggression and insults strike me as a tad unnecessary. I am not a worse or stupider person because I struggle more at this game than you. Nor, misguided though they may be, are those who feel differently.
    I would agree that it might imply a perhaps questionable worldview to believe that something created for so many should be tailored to the needs/desires of the least capable, but I'm not entirely certain that was the implication of the original poster. (I could be entirely wrong of course.)
    I got the impression that he/she was suggesting that the balance could be off between beginning and later stages of the game. As I said before, my own ability to even come close to killing something 30 levels above me, after being flattened by Doshia at a level or two above her, implies that perhaps there are balance issues. Perhaps not, I don't claim to know. Maybe the few days between the two events actually resulted in some skill gain on my part.

Whatever the case, though I disagree on several levels with the idea of pandering to the least common denominator, asking for a video game to be easier is not like asking for a teacher to make a test easier. School is preparation for life which is not fair and mostly won't ever be. This lesson needs teaching earlier rather than later. Video games, on the other hand, are entertainment and
    A) Not everyone wants to struggle through their entertainment, and
    B) Most people here on this forum haven't quite grasped the lesson that life isn't fair, at least from what I've seen. I've seen numerous threads with a general theme of "Zenimax needs to ban, change or fix <fill in the blank>, so everything can be my interpretation of fair."

@rosicrucianub17_ESO I feel no need to be ashamed of admitting there are parts at which I have to improve because I'm not in competition with anyone but an inanimate object. I don't PvP and I don't group, so what difference would it make if some people know I'm not great at this game?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 7, 2024 2:34PM
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    i got to 50 without grouping yet. you need to block roll move and re-evaluate your specs. I like that it is actually challenging and makes you THINK.
    That's what's wrong... I haven't been _thinking_! Thanks.

• RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, what is the easiest solo character build to reach lvl 50 with? By easy I mean the least thinking needed. I have just run my level 10 solo NB into the ground. It may still be the right build but that requires some thinking and my head hurts. Please help. I like making progress forward--never regressing backward.
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    If a NB hides then strikes and then hides again to get away what good is done if your opponent heals? Your now back where you start.

How do you get away from your foe if you use a bow with the foe quickly closing the distance--you're in melee with a bow soon enough?

On the other hand could a solo NB reach lvl 50 melee with a 2H sword?
    Edited by RatsnevE on April 26, 2014 4:57AM
  • gabi_nelsonb16_ESO
    This is a general comment about the difficulty level for people who are not in a group.

Basically I have found that when on my own, it is super difficult or impossible to kill some mobs if they are either:
    * 2 or more at the same time
    * Named quest mob

Sometimes I can -just- take on two mobs, but other times, dead, over and over and over again. It has somewhat lessened now I have the Ultimate ability, but even so, that isn't always available, and it doesn't always keep me alive. This has been happening even if I am a couple of levels (or more) over the mobs in question.

I just don't feel that the power level is right for the game right now. I am not an inexperienced mmo or general gamer by any means, and if I am struggling, (read: closing the game often in frustration at repeated deaths) then you can be sure that newer gamers are certainly going to be. It isn't because I haven't tried different build types either, as I have with different sorcerer, and templar, and still death is most frequent.

I like a challenge, but this isn't so much a challenge as an insurmountable cliff most of the time, and that just isn't fun. In an mmo especially, it is a dangerous path to go down because players will just up and leave without renewing their subscription.

This isn't just a small dismissable issue, it is a problem that I face each time I log in. It is the struggle to stay engaged in gameplay when each time I want engage more than one enemy, I end up having to wait around for another player just to be on the safe side, or avoid those mobs completely, which certainly isn't helping me level my character.

• gabi_nelsonb16_ESO
    My tip for staying alive is to develop some sort of healing on the fly. Whatever class or type of player you are, get some restoration staff points. I have a 2-handed weapon fighter who is also at about 28 with a restoration staff. That helps a great deal. Many battles are won by just being good a getting out of the enemy's way for a bit and healing up fast!
  • kasdelfini
    RatsnevE wrote: »
    Okay, what is the easiest solo character build to reach lvl 50 with? By easy I mean the least thinking needed. I have just run my level 10 solo NB into the ground. It may still be the right build but that requires some thinking and my head hurts. Please help. I like making progress forward--never regressing backward.

@RatsnevE‌ --- I didnt group at all and with just two weekends of gameplay in I got my Nightblade char to lvl 25, whilst unlocking all ultimate abilities, and only using dual wield.

I find that not grouping is the best till you get to lvl 40+. If the quest is too difficult hide, recover, raise ur level, and try again. Simply scouting and finding locations on the map will bump you a level or two... As of right now, I have a complete map of the Aldmeri Dominion...
  • Danariel
    Danariel
    ✭✭✭
    RatsnevE wrote: »

If you like the bow, I've had great success with a BowPlar. Many of the Templar ranged skills synergize beautifully with bow attacks, and the ability to pull from 2 resource pools for damage is great!

I'm currently level 36. Attribute points so far are 10 Mag, 5 Health, and 20 Stam. I'm intending to end up at 10 Mag, 14 Health, and 25 Stam, with all Stam on my armor and Health/Mag blue food. I my jewelry currently has 4 (neck), 5, and 5 (both rings) to weapon damage, and pretty sure all have +health.

I use both Bow and Dual Wield. My bow bar has
    1) Poison Arrow (Venom Arrow Morph)
    2) Sun Fire (Reflective Light morph for multiple target snare)
    3) Piercing Javelin (Binding Javelin morph for longer knockdown)
    4) either Silver Bolts (Silver Shards Morph for multiple targets) or Scatter Shot (Magnum Shot morph for knocking enemy back and knocking YOU back as well, great distance opener and interrupt) depending on whether you're fighting undead/daedra or not
    5) Restoring Aura (Repentance morph, on activation consumes nearby corpses for health/stamina refill)
    6) Ultimate is Nova (Solar Disturbance)

Dual Wield bar has
    1) Twin Slashes (Blood Craze for small self-HoT)
    2) Flurry (Rapid Strikes for attack speed increase)
    3) Whirlwind (Whirling Blades for stamina refill)
    4) Puncturing Strikes (Biting Jabs for more damage) or Silver Bolts (Silver Shards)
    5) Rushed Ceremony (Breath of Life for additional friend heal)
    7) Nova (Solar Disturbance) Ultimate

I eventually intend to get Flawless Dawnbreaker as my Ultimate for 10% additional weapon damage when slotted.

I just got bit night before last, and got through the Vampire quest VERY easily. None of the Worm Cultists got anywhere near me before they died.

I did Doshia 3 times before the nerf, twice at 11, once at 12 (twice in Beta, once in Live). Using Silver Bolts, she was dead (in 3 shots) before she could even change form, much less get her healing balls off. I kept wondering why everyone had so much trouble with her...and what others meant when they suggested shooting the balls before they got to her, as I never saw them.

I got Dual Wield up to 2 in the Wailing Prison, and got Twin Slashes immediately. I left it on my (bow) bar until I hit level 15, so dual wield would continue to level prior to attaining weapon swap.

edit: Just wanted to add, the only quest I had problems with doing AT LEVEL was Castle of the Worm. The first time I tried it at 20, in the beta, I failed miserably (and the only way I could exit the quest area was to go into Cyrodiil.) I didn't even attempt it again until level 27. Then when I got to that quest in Live, I did it at level 24. This was prior to the recent nerf, so it might be easier now.
    Edited by Danariel on April 26, 2014 3:00PM
    Mara's Tester, Psijic Order Tester
    Danariel Van'nari (Warden), Danariel (Templar), Danariel Moonbow (Nightblade), Danariel Stormborn (Sorceress)
    The Old Timer's Guild, Mara's Moxie, The Psijic Order, Arrow and Knee Cafters
This discussion has been closed.