Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solo play too difficult

• RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember in the beta the mobs were actually harder then they are now. I think ZoS did this on purpose, possibly to het the newplayers used to the combat and mechanics before they started committing to a build that simply would not fit the player (or just plain not work).
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    I remember in the beta the mobs were actually harder then they are now. I think ZoS did this on purpose, possibly to het the newplayers used to the combat and mechanics before they started committing to a build that simply would not fit the player (or just plain not work).
    I like the comment about committing to a build that fits the player and works. I played to 50 as a 2H Templar not knowing what I was...Tank, Heals, DPS...and being blah at each. Had a hard time with the last quests solo in ColdHarbour, added resto staff, adjusted my skills with leftover skill points and flew through. Whew, feel much better now that I'm a healer with ranged damage. LOL

• Jogi1
    Jogi1
    ✭✭
    I like the comment about committing to a build that fits the player and works. I played to 50 as a 2H Templar not knowing what I was...Tank, Heals, DPS...and being blah at each. Had a hard time with the last quests solo in ColdHarbour, added resto staff, adjusted my skills with leftover skill points and flew through. Whew, feel much better now that I'm a healer with ranged damage. LOL

This is me! Man did I have trouble with the last boss. I started with a bow, died like 12 times, though I have used the bow all the time, all passives activated, best weapon that I ever had (purple ), stamina in hitting max and restore stamina ticking. Stilll I died, raged, fought died, I was very frustrated. I had no food left, my gear totally gone, no mending kits left, all potions used. I even whispered to a friend to mail me more stuff, food, potions and kits, but he couldn't help, his alt was too low to get my level stuff.Then I decided to try an other way. I chose the green restostaff, no passives opened, 25 level lower in weapon skills than bow, same tactics than bow, move/fire/move. The damage was scratch of the bows damage. I still don't know why, but I had no difficulties taking the boss down , and all mobs. After the victory I decided to make the Templar a slave crafter.
    "Anon us most soon again, for sooth."
    Lord Rugdumph gro-Shurgak
  • theinsaneb16_ESO
    Laura wrote: »
    i got to 50 without grouping yet. you need to block roll move and re-evaluate your specs. I like that it is actually challenging and makes you THINK. I miss when games were actually difficult and with all this crying you just know its all going to get nerfed =/

I am fine with their being challenge, however making gameplay this difficult so early in the game (still at level eight) a lot of players are going to give up before actually delving deeper into the game.

Other mmos have suffered because of this very reason and changed their earlier areas to compensate because they lost so many players within the first 10 levels. I feel that ESO will need to do the same, because while some players like yourself will find it great to have that challenge, a far greater percentage will just leave the game completely.

it isnt "that difficult". It isnt difficult at all, just need to know your skills a bit then it will be better for you. I started the game with no knowledge at all, and maybe died twice but that was after start area + davons watch, im 15 now on my sorc and havent died anywhere anymore (yet). Now it gets a bit more difficult where I am but thats mainly cause of the solo dungeons.

The difficulty factor is perfect atm, we dont want a wow clone where we can eyes closed lvl to max lvl
  • Sylinias
    Sylinias
    This is only a problem if you skipped the starter islands. You want to skip content don't be surprised when your under leveled/under powered. I can't count the amount of new players running around the first main cities in Coldharbour rags doing quests lol. I was level 7 and had full magic gear and a full bar of skills by the time I left the starter islands.

I agree that they really did the player community a disservice by not putting folks there as they did in beta.
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    it isnt "that difficult". It isnt difficult at all, just need to know your skills a bit then it will be better for you. I started the game with no knowledge at all, and maybe died twice but that was after start area + davons watch, im 15 now on my sorc and havent died anywhere anymore (yet). Now it gets a bit more difficult where I am but thats mainly cause of the solo dungeons.

The difficulty factor is perfect atm, we dont want a wow clone where we can eyes closed lvl to max lvl
    Our perceptions would vary as to difficulty depending on class and skill allocation within the class. I was amazed seeing a VR1 sorcerer face rolling mobs of 5 while I was slowly downing 1 or 2 with my Templar (2H or Resto Staff). Extreme AOE dmg everyone does not have. Perhaps it is the game balance that I'm sure is in flux in regards to AOE and large mobs in normal quest or solo dungeon areas.

• hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There are two types of players: Those who have fast accurate typing skills and can use every exploit to produce the highest quality gear, best build of skill points and skills on the hot bar, and simply LOVE dodging and rolling and otherwise zerging the game.
    The other player is not as competent on the keyboard, does not understand the skill point builds and what to put on the hot bar and how to use those skills in game.

I am of the latter group, but I slowly learned the tricks and am now able to do the dungeons (except group dungeons) solo and I do not get killed every ten feet I walk. It took me a lot of play time to gain the experience to do this. Now the battles are a lot easier.

So, I see both points. I agree that beginners are not supported in this game. The "You can do anything," motto doesn't work. You must follow certain rules to make characters sufficiently strong to play the game.

Saying the game is easy doesn't help. Beginners need an in-game book for each of the class builds that tells exactly what they have to do to make a survivable character. This beginner quest needs to force beginners to actually develop their character and get an NPC to evaluate them around level 10.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all for your comments. I am currently looking into different ways of using the skills and tactics I have and have gone back to grind out some skill in another weapon.

Part of the issue I have is that blocking and dodging uses a great deal of stamina; something my sorcerer has very little of so I run out fast, and if if the fight is protracted or against two or more mobs then I soon run out of mana, and am a bit of a sitting duck. Also, mobs, especially named mobs, hit like a truck! One unblocked major hit and nearly half my health is gone, more if its a named one.

I will indeed heed the advice about getting food and better potions as they will give me a boost in mana etc, as I had not been using food thus far. My gear is of the same level I am, though without traits (I haven't learned any yet in tailoring). There is perhaps hope yet for my sorcerer.

I would however refer back to my original post, because while some builds are more survivable than others, if the game is too difficult at the beginning for the average player, most won't level enough to see that difficulty curve balance itself. I am not talking here from a personal bias, but from data backed up by the gaming industry (articles from Rift , as well as in one of the video blog extra credits [sorry I couldn't find which one it was for this reply]).

My post wasn't about killing challenge, but about making the game more initially accessible to a greater range of players, about making the curve of difficulty slower to rise in the early levels to encourage players to persevere and learn rather than get frustrated and quit.

A great way of boosting you stats is food. I can make purple food that boosts all 3 primary stats by a massive amount. If you send me a PM and you are on the EU server, I'll make you some food but you may have to provide a few ingredients.

Most of this game is very easy with some fights being just stupid like Sinmur, I Think the giants called, with a bazillion health. The trick is to learn the fight mechanics. I remember back in beta when doshia actually was hard and mannimaco, those fight now have been nerfed to hell. I remember hitting Molag with my Sorc and dying off the trash. I must have died 10 times to those gargoyles and then I found out that the mighty Molag could be beat with a staff at level 1, light attacks, your OTT shield and a few healing spells. Personally I think that the game should stay hard but I respect that not everyone sees it the way I do.
    Edited by Loxy37 on May 12, 2014 5:17PM
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    hrdndv_ESO wrote: »
    This beginner quest needs to force beginners to actually develop their character and get an NPC to evaluate them around level 10.
    Interesting idea. Perhaps tooltips that come up in some areas after you are laying face down with suggestions. I do like that there is so much free will to individualize characters in ESO without needing a textbook to tell you what to do. As long as whether single target build, healer build or aoe dps builds are effective then the individuation of characters will be successful, game balance.

• Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    Hi There,

I'm finding the game difficult as well. I've played every Elder Scroll game since Arena and the last real MMO I played was DAOC. I'm having a hard time with my Red Guard Night blade with Doshia and Werewolf guy (cant remember the name still knocked senseless for the 6th time he has killed me lol). I've tried everything, played the beginner Islands, crafted my own armour, I dodge, I block, interrupt etc. but cant seem to take out the quest bosses. At lvl 12 still cant take Doshia because of the confined space for my area of the quest, I cant seem to get all those healing globes before she gets one. I'm having fun but wish I had the option to group on those bosses. I can take out mobs of 3-4 5 though. I think I will take these bosses on at 15 so I can swap between bow and Duel Wield, much better suited to my style of play. For me its not about leveling really but learning to play so not ready to give up yet. My one big criticism of the game is not having the choice to group those solo bosses, if all I want to do is solo then I can go back to Oblivion/Skyrim and not pay the monthly charge. My daughter and I want to play this game together and we dont like the fact in order to finish these quests you have to do it solo. We plan to adventure together but cant do it in all aspects of the game - disappointing. I believe the choice should be there. I'm not looking for an easy game and dont want those bosses nerfed just dont like the forced solo thats all. A nightblade is hard to play dishes out a lot of damage but cant seem to take it and will take a lot of play to learn the best tactics for him.

That being said my Dark Elf Dragon Knight that I play also is much easier to play, being able to pull the mob to you hand out damage is very handy. I will enjoy playing this guy as well.

Put on a ranged weapon and kite Doshia if you are having trouble killing orbs. The orbs can't touch her if you constantly kite her. Not to brag, but I killed her the first time I tried. I'm a natural born kiter though, so I thought nothing of it until guildies told me they were having extreme difficulties. Many of these quest bosses are easier to fight if you can kite properly. GL
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashlynne wrote: »
    Put on a ranged weapon and kite Doshia if you are having trouble killing orbs. The orbs can't touch her if you constantly kite her. Not to brag, but I killed her the first time I tried. I'm a natural born kiter though, so I thought nothing of it until guildies told me they were having extreme difficulties. Many of these quest bosses are easier to fight if you can kite properly. GL

Yeah doshia is better with a AoE also. Templar was very simplistic to beat doshia and sorc was like easier than easy but my NB struggled a little more but still managed it.
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    There are two types of players: Those who have fast accurate typing skills and can use every exploit to produce the highest quality gear, best build of skill points and skills on the hot bar, and simply LOVE dodging and rolling and otherwise zerging the game.
    The other player is not as competent on the keyboard, does not understand the skill point builds and what to put on the hot bar and how to use those skills in game.

I am of the latter group, but I slowly learned the tricks and am now able to do the dungeons (except group dungeons) solo and I do not get killed every ten feet I walk. It took me a lot of play time to gain the experience to do this. Now the battles are a lot easier.

So, I see both points. I agree that beginners are not supported in this game. The "You can do anything," motto doesn't work. You must follow certain rules to make characters sufficiently strong to play the game.

Saying the game is easy doesn't help. Beginners need an in-game book for each of the class builds that tells exactly what they have to do to make a survivable character. This beginner quest needs to force beginners to actually develop their character and get an NPC to evaluate them around level 10.

This is assuming that the beginner will not only read the book but comprehend it. I am continually shocked at the lack of reading comprehension of many of the players in this game that find it too "hard". Read and research, then try out new tactics. It works great.
    Edited by Ashlynne on May 12, 2014 5:19PM
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    This beginner quest needs to force beginners to actually develop their character and get an NPC to evaluate them around level 10.

There is Doshia at level 8, Mannimarco at level 40, and Molag. Doshia has been nerfed significantly since beta and is no longer much of an NPC evaluation though.

I am sure you have witnessed the number of threads complaining how impossible the above "evaluation" NPC's are for some.

Granted the method of scoring is kind of harsh, as a failing grade equals death.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah solo'ing in ESO is VERY easy, at least as a NB. Granted there are a few named mobs like storyline bosses that make me nerd rage a little until I figure out the right strat but to the OP, you aren't playing right if you can't solo just about everything in this game. To clarify, I NEVER have on better than blue gear (oops I lie, I had 1 epic chest at like level 16 for a few levels). I'm now VR3 doing VR4 content because I got ahead of myself and there's no issue whatsoever.
  • Magicke
    Magicke
    Soul Shriven
    This is an interesting thread for me. My Nightblade Assassin, second weapon Bow has been effective from early on, but I had a couple of hard lessons. Now around level 48 I intend to pick up resto staff, as it seems to be the only option to get through some fights. I might also take sword/shield and invest some skill points. The combo of shield + resto staff might get me past the mobs to the last boss I need to kill now. It seems clear to me that no char can ever purely tank/dps/heal.

This game is not a tab target and spam rotation style game. It is not a clone. My char started with pure dps abilities and sure I could kill a mob in a couple of hits. Sneaking, dodging and evasion were my friend and all I did in early levels was dodge run away and only kill if I got the jump on the mob first. More than one mob and I would find I would die once for each mob in the group, picking them off one by one. Timing is the first lesson I learned. With the same mob, same fight I could kill it without taking any damage, by timing my weapon swings and blocks well. Usually one mistake and the advantage is lost, and weapons hurt. Combat health regen is enough that evading damage can heal you up, but a derped opening means you may very well die especially with even one stun or disorientate on you.

So eventually I started to remember my days in Morrowind and focused on Alchemy, farming green mobs to get Siphoning up to a level I could morph to the Swallow Soul healing dot ability and researching Traits on gear. I also sneaked some skyshards, you can go many places by porting to a guild mate in a higher area and pick up some extra skill points. These you can spend getting crafts skilled up and powerful, potions with 3 simultaneous effects, like vanish, healing and dps buff for example. 18 hours of research and a level 3 char can craft the first tier set-bonus gear, if they know where to go. So the aim of the game is to find synergy to optimise your playstyle. The hardest lesson is that out of 5 slots on the hotbar at least one will probably not be what you would choose, I have the Siphoning dot on every arrangement of abilities for every weapon, it is my heal.... I only spent the skill point because I was frustrated and angry. And I refuse to buy any more siphoning abilities until I feel forced to do so again :)

The last lesson I learned is that the group content is there for fun, while the guild/story content is character developement which seems to follow more the Korean model of gameplay than the western MMO model. Each solo quest wants you to rearrange your hotbars, select abilities for the environment, perhaps go away and learn some new ones, find some shards and a new weapon build for example. Even to go and craft the weapon you are going to adopt so you can add a set bonus for THAT encounter and use a different synergy, speed rather than stealth often for me. Quests are not a formality, as the world mobs are not a formality. Each is an encounter which requires preparation, research, developement, experimentation and implementation. Anyone who explores the game world will be blown away by the richness and scope of the content and how available it is to players of any level, anyone who is having trouble just needs to explore, delve into crafting and easy skill points and plan their next encounter.

It is also well worth it for even a level 3-4 char to try find some public dungeons. Hide near the entrance and follow a good sized group through, try to hit something if you can and you get good loot for research, xp for exploring and getting the dung ach and can loot all the crates and barrels. Following the chain is just one option.
  • NuclearSqworms
    My character is templar and is solely focused on healing. Therefore I use restoration staff and class abilites (I've ignored the spear line in lieu of the dawn's wrath line which has a very nice passive).

I used to be able to solo through the solo dungeons - even the boss mobs. Recently, in late 20's and early 30's I've been trying to sneak past them, because my DPS cannot keep up with their regeneration rate.

This build also makes it difficult to beat groups of mobs, unless they are undead/daedric and I use a fighter's guild skill.

Until I max my restoration staff and class healing skill line, I am devoted to this build. I normally have no problems in pick up groups doing group dungeons as a healer, but I do agree that soloing can be difficult depending on the skill choices you make.

I think the build I went for was more of a traditional healer and it works great in groups, but not so much solo.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Soulfire Plateau used to be filled with elites. I walked in there after launch and felt cheated. I knew it was all down hill from there...
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    ya know, its funny, at first I was depressed about how hard some of the content was for my templar healer solo play, some bosses made me nerd rage. but now I am enjoying having to switch out my abilities for each challenge, rethink strategies and so on.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    reggielee wrote: »
    ya know, its funny, at first I was depressed about how hard some of the content was for my templar healer solo play, some bosses made me nerd rage. but now I am enjoying having to switch out my abilities for each challenge, rethink strategies and so on.
    Same with my Templar. Doing quite a bit better switching between the Resto Staff and 2H weapon, still haven't got good enough with groups of 3 or more unless they are undead and can be stunned with silver bolts. AOE still lacking on mine. Wondering if switching to some of the Sun or Aedric spear line would take care of the AOE deficiency effectively?

• Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got into VR3 content yesterday. I am trying to make an AoE build with a destro staff for my second bar. Up to now had used only a single target build. I must have died 6 or 7 times last night getting those new skills morphed.

But I was actually having fun. Took out some anchors with groups of players that just trickled in until we had enough to attempt it. Same with the skull and crossbone bosses. Ran the zone dungeon that takes a group to complete (at least for me lol) and got the quest done. Was invited and grouped up for some of these events, then went on my solo way.

Because the content is somewhat challenging, people group up naturally. Sometimes, without a word, you run with another person on the same quest just because it makes the 3 mob pulls die faster and is safer.

It is actually more like an MMO to me than pre-50 content. I am not into lore, I listen to the NPC's mainly because some of it is funny. Yet I find myself not minding the quests.

Spent several hours getting about 1/2 VR level and had a good time. Solo is really not impossible but you will find people willing to run with you to beat content.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyres wrote: »
    I'm a level 9 dragon knight with 3/3/2 stat spread and what ever I seem to try and do I just seem to be constantly on the verge of death or dying repeatedly in any combat. I understand a challenge but there's nothing I can seem to do that would l even help me stay alive longer. It feels like mobs damage or health is too highly tuned for an actual enjoyable solo play.

Well, I got a level 9 DK...because I deleted the high level NB... my DK build is
    0/8/0 right now + food buff and all heavy armor health enchants. I use a 2h normal sword (no enchantment) and no class skills at all. I never thought it would work...but it does beautifully until now.

bash two senseless...not a problem with always 60- 70% health left... bash three...20-30% health left. I wonder how this will turn out later on :) However, right now it is interesting and fun.

However... I am under no illusion I can defeat the bosses that way. I guess I need to put something in magicka and stamina eventually.
  • freddy_hgnrb18_ESO
    Maybe i'm a bit stuck in my ways - but as a long time RPG'er I have always felt that if you are playing a Role - you shouldn't have to change your ethic, or playstyle to get through game content

I have a V3 Bosmer Nightblade - solely using a Bow (I have not levelled any other weapon skill), in conjunction with Syphoning, Fighters Guild, and a hint of Vampire (for the in combat drain)

I am finding it more and more frustrating to get through content (currently in the Fen's zone) and it seems almost every other enemy is a caster of some sort - mainly fire - and they are appearing in more 3-4 person groups.

I am an enchanter, but have not been able to get my enchanting skill high enough to learn Potency 6 runes (to make glyphs able to enchant V gear - which means any Fire Res glyphs I make can't enchant my gear - and am not buying gear/glyphs of others that I should be able to make myself as a self sufficient player where possible)

My action bar usually is set up for the following:
    Funnel Health, Invigorating Drain, Syphoning Strikes, Venom Arrow, Magnum Shot. - Ultimate : Devouring Swarm

For Undead/Daedra areas it varys slightly to:
    Funnel Health, Syphoning Strikes, Evil Hunter, Silver Shards, Magnum Shot (or Sorched Earth if in a group) Ultimate: Flawless Dawnbreaker

My understanding is the above 2 bars should be more than adequite to combat most enemies/scenarios i find myself in - but after suffering plenty of defeats (sometimes against only 2 enemies) I am getting more and more disillusioned.

Other players have intimated that no one wants to group in V leveling areas - because they don't think of it as an MMO - which seems to defy the whole point of the game.

I am in full medium armour (for the respective bonuses to stamina & combat) -
    Is there something, (short of studying new weapon skills - even though I currently have 20 skill points unassigned) that people can suggest I look into to reduce the ensuing death by anything (some bosses are completely insane to solo at the end of quest chains)

I am thoroughly enjoying the game, but getting more and more frustrated.
  • LeeroyHighhill
    LeeroyHighhill
    Soul Shriven
    Me personally I didnt feel the solo was over difficult it had times when I raged quit cause of it but when I got back on and calmed down and thought about what I to do I actually felt stupid for getting so mad when it came to mobs just look at what each enemy is first helped me alot like I always go for healer first then their big dude or caster then their archer but at lvl 8 it was pretty much just taking the time to think and look at my environment. Oh ok a vet 1 NB using duel swords or daggers
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    It is not that it is hard or easy. Some fights are for some players and other fights for others. But they should open up most fights so couples, friends, strangers can team up if needed, or just want to have fun together.

Their is no reason if you recommended the game to a friend what ESO would love, that you would have to make a new toon to play with them. They can do what Final Fantasy did. They programed it so when you entered a fight you could select level.

Easy would be for solo, normal would be party of two and hard party of three or four. In this case depending on what is selected you raise the stats of the boss 20% per lvl and a 20% chance at a better drop rate of gear and items.

This would make most people happy. Bots would get more crap drop, soloers could still do their thing, and friends and couples could enjoy the game together and perhaps better gear. Teaming up does make questing more enjoyable, on occasion you even get a OMG that was a thrill.
  • ninjapug
    ninjapug
    Soul Shriven
    This game is so easy. Wait till you try Dark souls 2
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should have gone more of the instancing route for much more of the content. That way they could control the difficulty of the game based on the number of players in the instance.

For me, the normal pre-50 content is fine, even a bit on the easy side. However, I have a friend who has only been playing games for a few years, I often coach about how to tackle certain encounters.

I wouldn't have minded if they opened up the quests so I could assist in those encounters, even if they bumped up the difficulty a bit for having two of us.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am in full medium armour (for the respective bonuses to stamina & combat) -
    Is there something, (short of studying new weapon skills - even though I currently have 20 skill points unassigned) that people can suggest I look into to reduce the ensuing death by anything (some bosses are completely insane to solo at the end of quest chains)

I am thoroughly enjoying the game, but getting more and more frustrated.

I think you probably need to explore additional weapon lines to give yourself some flexibility. Maybe a destro staff for AoE damage, or dual-wield for the Sparks/Heated Blade CC. Bow doesn't have very good CC other than keeping mobs away from you.

Also, in vet ranks there aren't any solo bosses (at least that I've encountered). You can always take a friend, or wait around for someone else to show up and group with them.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    This is a general comment about the difficulty level for people who are not in a group.

Basically I have found that when on my own, it is super difficult or impossible to kill some mobs if they are either:
    * 2 or more at the same time
    * Named quest mob

Sometimes I can -just- take on two mobs, but other times, dead, over and over and over again. It has somewhat lessened now I have the Ultimate ability, but even so, that isn't always available, and it doesn't always keep me alive. This has been happening even if I am a couple of levels (or more) over the mobs in question.

I just don't feel that the power level is right for the game right now. I am not an inexperienced mmo or general gamer by any means, and if I am struggling, (read: closing the game often in frustration at repeated deaths) then you can be sure that newer gamers are certainly going to be. It isn't because I haven't tried different build types either, as I have with different sorcerer, and templar, and still death is most frequent.

I like a challenge, but this isn't so much a challenge as an insurmountable cliff most of the time, and that just isn't fun. In an mmo especially, it is a dangerous path to go down because players will just up and leave without renewing their subscription.

This isn't just a small dismissable issue, it is a problem that I face each time I log in. It is the struggle to stay engaged in gameplay when each time I want engage more than one enemy, I end up having to wait around for another player just to be on the safe side, or avoid those mobs completely, which certainly isn't helping me level my character.

No it is not, it require one to pay attention to what actually happen in game, so they want you to actually play the game, don't get me wrong I am not bashing you or anything, but maybe you need to think of a different approach... I am nightblade, I really gotta think of what I am doing if jumping a group.... but one thing learned make me one step better and give me x amount of personal live experience to store in mind and use for the next battle, I rarely die to stuff myself though, I get away with beating 80% of the world bosses solo (ranged and close range approach) mini bosses in quest chains and so on and so forth.

But alot of it is thinking about what am I goign to do and how do I beat this thing without it getting me first, practise.. am Vr7 myself currently meaning I can't really outlevel my content having a more difficult day, but it hardens me alot doing it as well as picking up past experience from similiar things fought... caster... oh no... hmm the thing say I can interrupt... so thats what you do... ok... thing is doing nasty damage to me... ok... let me stun/knock it down it briefly to buy time killing the stuff.

This is not an easy peasy game like WoW, SWToR and other MMOs, it is a different MMO out there... love it for that and do not wish it would be like something we already got out there, because it is a fatal mistake because it would leave one at... 'why did you leave your previous MMO to begin with idealogy'

Went for TESO myself because I like TES in general, also wanted some different MMO experience and can only say, I like it alot :)

Anyhow here is a little piece of entertainment that should cheer ya all up a bit... remember to carry everything can be defeated in this game, just think different ways.

Portal - Dumb Ways to die
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SSdTXNK2mo
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a general comment about the difficulty level for people who are not in a group.

Basically I have found that when on my own, it is super difficult or impossible to kill some mobs if they are either:
    * 2 or more at the same time
    * Named quest mob

Sometimes I can -just- take on two mobs, but other times, dead, over and over and over again. It has somewhat lessened now I have the Ultimate ability, but even so, that isn't always available, and it doesn't always keep me alive. This has been happening even if I am a couple of levels (or more) over the mobs in question.

I just don't feel that the power level is right for the game right now. I am not an inexperienced mmo or general gamer by any means, and if I am struggling, (read: closing the game often in frustration at repeated deaths) then you can be sure that newer gamers are certainly going to be. It isn't because I haven't tried different build types either, as I have with different sorcerer, and templar, and still death is most frequent.

I like a challenge, but this isn't so much a challenge as an insurmountable cliff most of the time, and that just isn't fun. In an mmo especially, it is a dangerous path to go down because players will just up and leave without renewing their subscription.

This isn't just a small dismissable issue, it is a problem that I face each time I log in. It is the struggle to stay engaged in gameplay when each time I want engage more than one enemy, I end up having to wait around for another player just to be on the safe side, or avoid those mobs completely, which certainly isn't helping me level my character.

this sounds like a small dismissable issue. Cause YOU cant do it it must be to hard for everyone else. Your totally wrong. Go play WoW i hear you can get to level 90 in like 2 hours.
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Rather an uncalled for response and others also have some difficulty soloing as evidenced by the thread and those either dying or waiting for some help in questing and dungeons when the mobs are larger. Tagging along with someone else doing the same quest creates a symbiotic relationship of success. Soloing everything, perhaps some classes like sorcerer may feel op, but it seems most appreciate a little help, I sure do.
This discussion has been closed.