Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.0

• GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the love of Mike, could you guys stop nerfing all the content in this game? There's few enough end game challenges as it is. Now City of Ash, WGT and ICP are less challenging? :( ZOS, you guys should be scaling up AA and Hel Ra to give folks more challenging end game content, not dumbing down the semi-challenging dungeons. :(

I like the general idea of the Det changes in nerfing their damage to single targets, but cutting the damage to groups seems unfortunate to me. Takes away from the whole appeal of that skill.

I don't think wrecking blow really needed that change either, though I understand why it's happening.

• cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you not understand how screwed magicka sorc is. Fear immobilizes them for 5-6 seconds, stuns and cc's last for almost the same amount of time as our ward. meaning we get feared at 2 seconds in our ward that it game over, we will get burst down.

If you implemented these changes and left Sorc alone everyone would be more or less balanced. However right now StamPlar and StamDK are the kings of PvP. They can just shield up vigor down and still DPS you to oblivion. Atleast old sorc burst took 8 seconds to work, oh and thats dead too with the killing of proxy damage but whatever.

Finally our pets already were hard to keep alive, 5k health is not gonna make them anybetter. The Twilight pet will still get 1 shotted.

And finally we have no straight damage dealing ability except force pulse. You even took away the webs, I mean you neutered our survivability and our dps. Are we all suppose to just Overload??? Come on...
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    It is disgusting how many poison morphs DKs get compared to sorcs. That thundering presence "buff" is a joke. Why did every class get respectable Stam buffs except for sorc?
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LearnThis wrote: »
    There are some really great changes, but some changes I am very much against as of right now. Why is my DRAGONknight dealing poison damage instead of flame damage? -_-

its obviously for stamina builds and the way the cp system works. same with some nb abilities doing disease. the changes will greatly improve damage for stamina builds
  • Pirsius
    Pirsius
    ✭✭✭
    Combat & Gameplay
    [*]Dawnbreaker: This ability and its morphs no longer deal bonus damage to Undead and Daedra, and now deals Physical Damage instead of Magic Damage.
    [*]Flawless Dawnbreaker (Dawnbreaker morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, we reduced the amount of Weapon Damage this morph increases while slotted to 2/3/4/5% at Ranks I/II/III/IV from 5/6/7/8%.
    [*]Expert Hunter: Redesigned this ability and its morphs so they no longer grant a small chance to deal additional bonus damage; instead, they can be activated to reveal hidden or invisible enemies in a 6 meter radius for 5 seconds, and prevents revealed enemies from returning to stealth for 3 seconds.
    [*]Camouflaged Hunter (Expert Hunter morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph now also grants the Minor Berserk buff for 5/6/7/8 seconds after dealing a Critical Hit from crouch at Ranks I/II/III/IV.
    [*]Evil Hunter (Expert Hunter morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph now also reduces the Stamina cost of Fighters Guild abilities by 25% while active.
    [*]Slayer: Redesigned this passive ability so it now increases your Weapon Damage by 1/2/3% for each Fighters Guild ability slotted at Ranks I/II/III respectively, instead of increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 3/6/9% against Undead and Daedra.
    [*]Skilled Tracker: Redesigned this passive ability so it now increases all damage dealt with Fighters Guild abilities by 20% against Undead, Daedra, and Werewolves. Fighters Guild abilities no longer innately have a bonus to Undead, Daedra, and Werewolves without this passive ability.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of these proposed Fighter's Guild changes.

Flawless Dawnbreaker gets a huge nerf. Loses its 60% bonus to Daedra, and weapon damage boost gets 3% nerf. Skilled Tracker makes up for 20%, that's still a huge decrease.

I do not particularly like the changes to Expert Hunter and its morphs, both from a offensive and defensive perspective. Seems like these changes will limit Nightblades in PVP by helping to combat sneaking, and across the board by taking away the small damage bonus. Nightblades already get Minor Berserk from Grim Focus, so Camo Hunter now seems obselete.

The Slayer passive nerf kinda explains itself. Especially since other Fighter's Guild skills are no longer worth as much to take. As right now the only skill that I will still slot is Rearming Trap (Trap Beast)
    Edited by Pirsius on April 25, 2016 11:16PM
  • f4naticb16_ESO
    f4naticb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina DDs finally have equal chances to Mag DDs !
    "Night among strangers. Secrets in the dark. Nocturnal is here."
    ―Nocturnal
  • Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭
    Can you sprint during mist form now?
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked and you can craft directly from the Craft Bag.

Haven't checked Enchanting Hirelings for Potency Runes yet though
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For item locking.
    Give us an option or a lock icon above our character gear set as lock/unlock all.
  • IITHEOPII
    IITHEOPII
    ✭✭
    Finally sorc shields get brought down to a normal time duration like blazing shield etc. Time to put it on the good old front bar. It's great to see shields all being around the same time duration now, not a 4 second shield V a 20 second shield.
    Stats - Highest DPS DK in Tamriel.
    Twitch: IITHEOPII
    Youtube: IITHEOPII
    Twitter: IITHEOPII
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Potency runestones no longer need to be harvested, with every tier of both polarities now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors.

Does this mean you CAN'T harvest them anymore? Or just that they are now available for sale?

So rather than sell off your Potency runes quickly before this patch. it is probably better to get as many as you can...this will become a gold sink afterwards
  • bhlegit
    bhlegit
    ✭✭✭
    also why change dawnbreaker? :(
  • Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    Vamps can't move in stealth now unless they're stage 4? Pretty stupid if you ask me, a vampire is a vampire is a vampire; they should move in stealth however I can understand taking damage with less cost of vamp abilities.

Why ZOS, why?

You said in another post and got us all excited for changes to vamp but this nerf isn't helping, buff not nerf....
    Same with my templar, another nerf to my healing?

WHY?

Yet you don't balance Jebus Beams, but you nerf healing AGAIN?!! Nerf my Jebus Beam, make it like all the other executes and give me back my damned heals.

PTS DB
    -.- really? The DB costume, the neck is all exposed and it has front flaps and butt flaps... why have dangly handing things on an assassins costume? I vote for the removal of buttflaps!
    Edited by Blacksheepart on April 25, 2016 11:37PM
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

• Gonza
    Gonza
    ✭✭✭
    THANKS <3
    Play for fun!
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bracing was actually good for heavy armor, there was no need to change it, resolve is one that reallly needed to be changed, and a nerf to flawless dawnbreaker, you guys said this was the stamina dlc, i dont see my buffs here
    Edited by zuto40 on April 25, 2016 11:38PM
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Paul_DA
    Paul_DA
    Give me my race change, I'm waiting for 2 years now ffs!
    You said it will come "soon" !!!!
    Stuck in PvP ? Bring 10 friends to be OP!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Nirnhoned: This trait now increases the damage of the weapon.

Why would you do this? There is already a weapon damage enchant when there isn't a spell damage one. Who thought it was a good idea to get rid of one of the few magicka user traits to replace it with more weapon damage?

Doesn't the poison make this matter cause now u can have the trait and enchant but poison would disable the enchant? (Asking as that's how I read it)

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These notes are amazing!
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall some pretty good changes..

However, please tell me I am blind and just didn't read it, but what about Blazing Shield, Fragmented Shield and Green Dragonblood? Are they finally being adjusted to the battlespirit reduction? GDB has been useless since September 2015 when BS was upped. Same goes for the shield strength of the other two abilities.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @Wrobel
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaada wrote: »
    "White Gold Tower & Imperial City Prison
    We adjusted the difficulty in both Normal and Veteran versions, which will result in an overall reduction in difficulty for both versions."

Really - Why an overall reduction? Theres plenty of other dungeons that are easy.... have a wide spectrum from easy mode to pro mode. This binary way of thinking - on off challenge = normal / vet challenge is just elementary / novice, and now you guys dumbed it down in further.

When these two dungeons were first released, it was extremely challenging..... and now that its been awhile with people learning the dungeon, obtaining better or improved gear, along with players practicing and spending more time in there, the dungeons still remain fun with a challenge.

Now you're just making it boring, no challenge... As much as I know those two dungeons, I still have fun in there because I can still die if Im not on my "A" game.

Overall reduction in difficulty is just going to let me faceroll my keyboard or complete the dungeon in my sleep.

Please don't do this.

You are in the minority of people going to be hurt by this. Take your stacked groups and go do Vet Trial content?
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    And Vicous Death still procs by AoE spells -_-.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Runeboxes: Opening a Runebox will bind it to your account; however, you can only open a Runebox if you do not already own the Collectible contained inside.

I'm missing something here... If the box is not used, it's Unbound. If the box is used, but you already have the collectible, it won't open and it remains Unbound. If you don't have the collectible, the box is Consumed. There is no possibility here for the Runebox to ever become Bound to Account.

- Templates: You will receive a new item, “The Ultimate Crafting Crate”

The users and contributors of the ESO Fashion website give you a grand and heart-felt thank you!

There's no excuses now, people! GET THAT SITE'S DATABASE FULLY COMPLETE! :)

- Various Nightblade Morphs and Disease damage

This strikes me as a little odd for the archetype. Perhaps instead this should be Caustic damage? Or, alternatively, switch the Dragonknight morphs to Caustic and the Nightblade morphs to Poison. You would have to add Caustic as an elemental type to the Champion system as well, though.
          In verity.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol @ a stam shield.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why Get Rid of the Exploration Trait? While behind the scenes, you may have simply renamed it,what you've actually gone and done there is created a new trait, and removed an old one. Why not just leave the old one?

I quite liked exploration - exploring is my favourite part of ESO, and getting an XP boost was good for me when I was levelling to Lvl50.

Also... Six second wards? Why not just remove them completely?
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy moly theres gonna be a lot of changes to builds
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Aerem
    Aerem
    ✭✭✭
    So Magicka DK don't get any cheap ults now that Dawnbreaker is physical.... Leap is still physical, so I basically have standard as my "cheap" ult unless I go vamp. This is going to force Dk's to either go monster sustain low damage or go vamp.

#mDK Masterrace
    #NerfDragonblood
    #NerfmDK

Aerem Incendium l mDK
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wards need to be placed on your main bar now; and you'll have to manage them better. This means you can't just spam 2 shields on your back bar and absorb 20k to 30k magical damage while going full offense.
  • Alarra
    Alarra
    ✭✭✭
    So, is it going to still be possible to unlock the costumes that were previously available at veteran ranks some other way?
    UESP - Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
    UESP forum/blog/Discord admin, wiki patroller, NA/PC Guild Advisor
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aerem wrote: »
    So Magicka DK don't get any cheap ults now that Dawnbreaker is physical.... Leap is still physical, so I basically have standard as my "cheap" ult unless I go vamp. This is going to force Dk's to either go monster sustain low damage or go vamp.

Let's be honest; you're going to want to go vampire anyway just for the escape which magicka dks need
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's the surprise?