Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood: First Look"

• ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Cuyler wrote: »
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    We have made some tweaks all around in the Trial but largely the mechanics stay relatively the same, just more difficult. We anticipate strategies will need to be adjusted to complete the Veteran mode of the Trial.

new mechanic maybe?

There *may* be a new Bannerman in there and some of the Bosses *may* have tweaked their abilities.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dorrow wrote: »
    Poison-making, guys!

That surprised me. Pretty sweet. Makes sense with DB. I wonder if DB skill line will include skills for improving poison making/usage.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    We have made some tweaks all around in the Trial but largely the mechanics stay relatively the same, just more difficult. We anticipate strategies will need to be adjusted to complete the Veteran mode of the Trial.

new mechanic maybe?

There *may* be a new Bannerman in there and some of the Bosses *may* have tweaked their abilities.

>:) very kewl

Will the new v16 vet SO be on par with "vMOL, the most challenging content to date"?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Regarding White Gold Tower, Imperial City Prison and Veteran City of Ash: We have adjusted their balance down a bit. We hear the feedback and appreciate the passion for this content but, we were not happy with the difficulty to complete these and wanted to ease that burden. Those three dungeons are still not a walk in the park but they shouldn't be quite the roadblock they are now.

RE Sanctum Ophidia: Loot has indeed been updated with the creation of Normal and Veteran modes. We have made some tweaks all around in the Trial but largely the mechanics stay relatively the same, just more difficult. We anticipate strategies will need to be adjusted to complete the Veteran mode of the Trial.

@ZOS_Finn
    Answer any of these questions that you can.

1. Is it just the old SO loot upgraded to max level or all new loot?
    2. Will the SO weekly drop SO gear or will it keep dropping vMoL gear?
    3. Will the upgraded SO gear drop for all slots including jewelry and weapons like vMoL?
    4. Will vMoL ever get added to the weekly rotation?
    Edited by timidobserver on April 20, 2016 7:30PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Rapthorne
    Rapthorne
    ✭✭
    So this dlc won't be the one for player housing, then?

That makes me sad, but overall this looks pretty cool
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    rebalancing for the Imperial City dungeons
    So, not only are we not going to get any new 4-man content, they're also gonna hit vWGT and vICP with the nerfhammer? :( (Unless by "rebalancing", they mean "buffing", but somehow I doubt that's what they meant.)

4-person content is such a huge part of this game. It's a MMO, so why in blazes is there so much focus on solo questing in each update?

There is no need for them to remember that "it's a MMO". The game is what it is. It is an online multiplayer game, so you would expect multiplayer content. It doesn't matter what "MMO" games are supposed to look like. I know I don't care about MMOs as a class of games. The solo questing is the best part of the game and more of it is welcome. Group content is fun for a change of pace, but it is repetitive and gets old quick. Sure, narratives get old quick too since they are only fresh the first time you play through them. But the difference is that many of us return to the game to buy new DLC so that we can play through it and would disappear from the game if they were not releasing new narratives. And people like me are low maintenance. I have never complained about balance or gear drops.

Comments like "it's an MMO" are why we see people from ZOS distancing themselves from the idea of 'traditional MMOs'.

The best asset that ESO has is the IP. The way to leverage the IP is through more storytelling that adds lore and expands the world.

• Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Folks,

Those three dungeons are still not a walk in the park but they shouldn't be quite the roadblock they are now.

I'm sorry but those dungeons are already a walk in the park. They were best on release, the challenge was thrilling and the mechanics mattered. Now after the nerfs, you made the only 4-man content that wasn't a walk in the park exactly that. And now you nerf them even more without the introduction of new dungeons for almost a year?

Come on Finn, not all dungeons need to be the same level as Wayrest Sewers. If people can't finish WGT and ICP and... even CoA as they are now.. then they just haven't learnt the game yet, and neither should content be nerfed over and over so that they still do not need to learn the basics of ESO.
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the base game patch, full of good suprises. I'm eagerly waiting for stamina changes, also trait changes are welcome.

I'm really glad DB is coming, though it probably won't be my favourite content. I don't have a good character to do it! New area and quest line is always fun for some time, and I'm happy to revisit town from Oblivion. After 2-3 more DLCs (group & pvp content, and housing) the game will be in great round shape.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Taisynn wrote: »
    ... Where is race change, appearance change, and alliance change? Where is our promised barber shop? Hats? Are you kidding me? Forget the hats. Give us our barber shop we've been BEGGING for since BETA.

... How are you going to compensate all the players who got themselves to V16? That's a lot of gear, money, and time that's going to be yanked away from people who LIKE veteran ranks.

You gained CP during all that leveling. Not something for ZOS to be concerned about. The leveling is still captured there.

Considering how long the removal of VR has been on the radar, it is hard to take your argument seriously.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    Poison crafting...but no gem/jewelry crafting? Lame...

Are you saying it would be better to not have poison crafting, even though plants already have negative traits?
  • amneziac
    amneziac
    ✭✭
    Praeficere wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Those three dungeons are still not a walk in the park but they shouldn't be quite the roadblock they are now.

I'm sorry but those dungeons are already a walk in the park. They were best on release, the challenge was thrilling and the mechanics mattered. Now after the nerfs, you made the only 4-man content that wasn't a walk in the park exactly that. And now you nerf them even more without the introduction of new dungeons for almost a year?

Come on Finn, not all dungeons need to be the same level as Wayrest Sewers. If people can't finish WGT and ICP and... even CoA as they are now.. then they just haven't learnt the game yet, and neither should content be nerfed over and over so that they still do not need to learn the basics of ESO.

^^^^
    This, this, and more this. I just watched a video of a templar solo'ing all of COA. We regularly run all 3 of these with dps only, usually under the influence...and face roll it already.

Maybe we should just institute an auto play feature that allows us to hit one button and watch the dungeon beat for us? Holy cow....this is just ridiculous. And no new 4 mans or trials? I'm excited for the updates to SO, but seriously, is that really supposed to challenge and keep folks interested. I doubt it.
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    I wonder what new pet we will get for playing the DB o.o it should be something awesome looking prob. Maybe it wont have such an odd noise as the ones so far from Wrothgar and TG

It's a Badger. (Seriously)

It won't be a pet... ;)

I'm guessing it's a giant Mudcrab mount.

i bet it will be a combat assistant for db...thats just a hunch though...hope that dromathra senche is the vet reward for v16s when db drops...plz give us at least a title or mount or both to show weve been here since before vet tank removal...kinda like how the senche was a loyalty reward for those that played the first year which does bring me to another question...will there be another chance to get that mount and the pet/cosutme...i was 1 month away from the sphere pet.but i dont mind spending bucko crowns or something to get that damn loyalty mount...be creative and make an interesting requirement for it...dont want it spoon fed to me...want to earn it. was poor back then but not now...so another chance would be nice.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ... Where is race change, appearance change, and alliance change? Where is our promised barber shop? Hats? Are you kidding me? Forget the hats. Give us our barber shop we've been BEGGING for since BETA.

... How are you going to compensate all the players who got themselves to V16? That's a lot of gear, money, and time that's going to be yanked away from people who LIKE veteran ranks.

I want to know this too does all my V16 gear scale down cause I'm not at max CP I wouldn't appreciate that at all

No it doesnt scale down. If you are VR16 they said you will get 160cp even if you dont have that much. Then some more bonus cp for something I dont remember. Fact is tho you wont have to worry about your current gear being scaled down or being weaker than before.

The special case you mention in that last paragraph should only apply to people who hit v16 before the catch up system was added. This is especially true for people who had a max level character before CP was introduced since the CP they doled out was pretty low. There is no way someone hits v16 now without 160CP.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have links to more ZOS or data-mined closer looks at the DB armor/motifs.

The teaser looks close to "Skyrim Nightingale" but there wasn't a full view.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Folks,

Regarding White Gold Tower, Imperial City Prison and Veteran City of Ash: We have adjusted their balance down a bit. We hear the feedback and appreciate the passion for this content but, we were not happy with the difficulty to complete these and wanted to ease that burden. Those three dungeons are still not a walk in the park but they shouldn't be quite the roadblock they are now.

RE Sanctum Ophidia: Loot has indeed been updated with the creation of Normal and Veteran modes. We have made some tweaks all around in the Trial but largely the mechanics stay relatively the same, just more difficult. We anticipate strategies will need to be adjusted to complete the Veteran mode of the Trial.

@ZOS_Finn Scaled Vicious Ophidian?? Please make sure it still drops with Impen. plsssssssssss
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • amneziac
    amneziac
    ✭✭
    And why not just introduce non vet versions of the dungeon if you're so eager to have it cater to everyone?
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skorol007 wrote: »
    "a new District capture system for Imperial City" nice!!!

Awesome! Now fix the Cyrodil lag, and many of us will resubscribe Zenimax. Good job so far!
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn does Warlock set level will be increased?
  • Lukefus
    Lukefus
    ✭✭
    I'm so HYPED for this DLC! Awesome stuff on the way and the base game update will be awesome too.
    Quite sad to see that no new 4-man content has been announced, we haven't had anything new since WGT/ICP, and they are both getting a "nerf". Hopefully not too drastic.
    White gold tower and imperial city prison have a very similar normal mode, you don't have to do veteran mode, it's nice that... being the same dungeon in both modes, you have an easy mode and a hard mode. I've seen people have problems with them and with vCOA, but I don't agree with them being nerfed too much. It's just a case of optimizing your build and rotations, you don't even need to min/max, just google a decent build for your role and learn the dungeon mechanics and how to work as a team.
    It was the only slightly challenging (until you get the hang of it) 4-man content in the game, and I enjoy them a lot (even though I'm having no luck with the set drop rates for my spell power cure, RNGsus hates me).
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the districts get locked, move the crafting tables out to some PvE area. I think it's better to clear out last remaining PvE ties from districts and then make them pure PvP fun.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran Rank Removal Questions:

When VRs are removed, will we no longer be able to tell what level Dungeon or PvE mob we are dealing with? (number next to name) Will the PvE mobs/bosses still show VR?

What actual level will 50+ NPCs and enemies show as or scale to if VR numbers are removed from them as well?

My concern being in PvE, you may be a newly minted VR/Champ, but you might not be able to defeat what was previously shown as a VR10 mob or boss. Especially if you don't know until they one-shot you because you're new to that alliance's map.
    In PvP I assume we will no longer be able to see a VR number next to the player name anymore. Kind of "fog of war". Not seeing it at all adds some level of unknown excitement for the encounter.

The toggle name tag thing should be good. Seriously, I was annoyed to find the names I wanted taken and then couldn't see them represented in game anyway. Now people can tell us they like weed and wrestling in 8 new ways.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow still no ETA on Barbershop, race or name changes
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Dark Brotherhood: First Look. We hope you enjoyed this sneak peek of the next DLC! Which feature are you most excited about?

A big smile has crossed this one's face today. Thank you.
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vote-kick is OK and opens the way for bonuses to needed roles in the random dungeon selector. Giving a bonus to rewards for tanks when they are in short supply, for example, but being able to /kick those who fraudently queue as a tank just to get a group. This can be further balanced and made more positive by adding a commendation/rec system wherein each party member can commend one other group member at the end of a run with a random group. Plenty of time to slip those additional features in before the update goes live on PC, right? :)

With such small additional changes on top of the many positive steps already taken/announced the LFG tool will finally start to look like something people will be eager to use which means it will work better with more people in the queue who are getting matched more quickly.

(Oh, and how about getting an extra reward of gold and add in a bonus to raising the undaunted skill line for doing five randoms in a day or something like that?)

nice but they really need to make pve tanking good again so more ppl make tank toons that way you dont have to wait 1 hr for a tank to join via LFG tool.SoZ make tanking fun again pls,no more crazy DPS is the only win.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Folks,

We need MOAR challenging 4-man content, not less

12txwd.jpg

@ZOS_Finn

Look how many of my toons u made cry
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dunno if this was mentioned, but Vet rank removal, and normal/veteran modes of trials.

...Anyone see this?
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Folks,

@ZOS_Finn I appreciate the need to make content more accessible, but with the lack of any new 4-person content to compensate, you are taking quite a lot away from people who enjoy end-game 4-person content.

In the case of WGT and ICP, they already exist in both normal and vet versions. Please keep the vet versions unchanged as they currently are and allow the normal versions serve as the more readily-accessible content.

I suspect, though, that the main problem here is that WGT and ICP are both in the pledge rotation, and for that, I propose a compromise: add a Hard Mode to the normal versions of these dungeons. The current system is 2 gold keys for vet+HM, and 1 silver key for nonvet or vet without HM. Why not make it 2 gold keys for vet+HM, 1 gold for nonvet+HM or for vet without HM, and 1 silver for nonvet. This, coupled with better messaging (even today, there are people who don't know that you can do the ICP/WGT "vet" pledges in nonvet mode for a silver key), should hopefully address the issues of accessibility without the need to nerf the vet versions of these two dungeons.
    Edited by code65536 on April 20, 2016 8:32PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mostly looks good. I am super excited for poison. The character names on Xbox and PS4, I am hoping also is coming to Gamepad Mode on PC(Really sucks seeing @names in the group frame, but character name when someone chats in group currently).

I am however bummed about the crafting bags though. Yes, I want them. Would rather have an option to purchase instead of renting. Or maybe just sell the 300 additional bank space in crown store or flat out in game for those of us that do not wish to rent forever. That is essentially what the crafting bags are, 300 slots(more if multiple double stacks). That's the kind of paid player advantage where some may feel justified leaving over.

And before I get called out on the number 300... here is where it comes from, if anything I may be missing some items here too...

50 provisioning
    9 weapon trait
    9 armor trait
    26 style
    3 style fragments(Glass, Orc, Dwemer)
    32 potency runes
    20 essence runes
    5 aspect runes
    20 BS Raw and Ignots
    4 BS Improvement tempers
    20 WW Rough and Sanded
    4 WW Improvement tempers
    20 BS Raw and Ignots
    4 BS Improvement tempers
    40 Clothing plants/hide and refined versions
    4 Clothing Improvement tannins
    18 Alchemy Reagents
    9 Alchemy Solvents

297 if 1 stack of each...
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

I want to know this too does all my V16 gear scale down cause I'm not at max CP I wouldn't appreciate that at all

No it doesnt scale down. If you are VR16 they said you will get 160cp even if you dont have that much. Then some more bonus cp for something I dont remember. Fact is tho you wont have to worry about your current gear being scaled down or being weaker than before.

The special case you mention in that last paragraph should only apply to people who hit v16 before the catch up system was added. This is especially true for people who had a max level character before CP was introduced since the CP they doled out was pretty low. There is no way someone hits v16 now without 160CP.

Right which is why everyone will have the gear they always had. It wont be any less powerful. I think they said they were planning on like 10 cp per vet level so if you didnt have 160 you would after the update. Then they mentioned some other bonus but I dont remember what it was right off hand. So ya everyone who is vr16 will have minimum 160 points if somehow they got there without gaining them.