The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood: First Look"

• SpazzmanNDQ
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Ghostbane @SpazzmanNDQ If you're interested in how district capture could work, see my thread on District Control. If you're interested in how ZOS originally designed district capture, back before Tamriel Unlimited, search for @Dominoid 's datamining info.

Thanks for that link if its anything like that I could care less about the DLC that sounds epic
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the parts the excite me the most are the item locking and craft bag.
  • Ghrimn
    Ghrimn
    ✭✭✭
    This seems like it'll be a great DLC, especially by letting us see Kvatch in its prime, and I would hate to not experience it due to not being anything else to do besides committing crimes. So please ZOS, please let us join a lawful faction in this DLC, or let us try to destroy the Dark Brotherhood (even if we're not successful). In every TES game we were able to choose not to join DB and instead kill them. Or at the very least give us (lawful players) more to do in this DLC than just a trial, because that's all you gave us for Thieve's Guild, and unless you want to commit crimes there's no point in purchasing that DLC. So I hope the same doesn't happen to this one.

Edited by Ghrimn on April 20, 2016 5:41PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TatsukageX wrote: »

No. Just like with the justice system this is ripe for grief. As they said numerous times from now on PVP will remain in designated areas (i.e. cyrodill and IC which is in cyrodill). You will be killing NPCs. If you want to kill players there are already bounties in cyrodill for that.

No issue, PvP mini games then? a team guarding a target while another is on an assassination mission? or anything else...we need more PvP content....I am one of those who suffer huge lag in Cyrodill most of the time I have a BEAST of a computer and a good connection but massive PvP doesn't work for me.

Well sorry but thats the breaks. There is plenty of PVP content dont like the big fights go to IC. People are not going to purchase a DLC which lets others kill them if they try to do anything. They learned a lesson lots of other studios learned years ago with IC. You wont be ganking newbs in DB zone.
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know mag DKs got a boost last update but it would be great if them finished them by adding a high damage skill and an execute.

Easy fix would be to up the whip damage and have that be your high damage skill and change stone fist in to some sort of execute skill

Having an earthen heart dps ability would not be balanced
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praise Sithis! Finally we can see Kvatch in its glory days and feel the nostalgic pulse of Anvil!
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -"IC" update will be great i hope
    -"SO" update yes it was neccesary
    -Rebalance IC dungeon means : if it is getting them buffed it is not something good...
    - Poison Making... GREAT:)....
    - Removal VET Rank...very good PS: i hope there wont be any coding mistakes tho....
    -

BUT;

-I think there should be atleast 2 or 3 4 player group dungeons... It is MMO pls dont turn into whole single player al DLC AND game content
    -there should be updated vDSA
    -There should be updated Set Gears
    - even there should be a new 12 people Trial
    - Balance combat system ...i hope thats not mean many many nerfs...
    - barber shop could be good tho...
    - improvments on Traits... Cant say anything before info.. :smile: - )
    -

Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • SpazzmanNDQ
    blabafat wrote: »
    I know mag DKs got a boost last update but it would be great if them finished them by adding a high damage skill and an execute.

Easy fix would be to up the whip damage and have that be your high damage skill and change stone fist in to some sort of execute skill

Having an earthen heart dps ability would not be balanced

I'm new to dk so it doesn't matter which tree I just think all classes should have access to the same base abilities healing DPs execute mobility. And since three of the four have a skill that can pop for a big number then do should have one too
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the parts the excite me the most are the item locking and craft bag.

Yesssh! Item Locking! Hyyyype!!!!
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will it arrive pts?
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... Where is race change, appearance change, and alliance change? Where is our promised barber shop? Hats? Are you kidding me? Forget the hats. Give us our barber shop we've been BEGGING for since BETA.

... How are you going to compensate all the players who got themselves to V16? That's a lot of gear, money, and time that's going to be yanked away from people who LIKE veteran ranks.
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have reservations about how they intend to move forward, post Veteran Ranks. Will the Champion System be reduced to a Veteran System with bigger numbers?

Can we get a detailed explanation of how the VETERAN change is going to work EXACTLY?

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Taisynn wrote: »
    ... Where is race change, appearance change, and alliance change? Where is our promised barber shop? Hats? Are you kidding me? Forget the hats. Give us our barber shop we've been BEGGING for since BETA.

... How are you going to compensate all the players who got themselves to V16? That's a lot of gear, money, and time that's going to be yanked away from people who LIKE veteran ranks.

How do you figure anything will be yanked away? Just think of it as CP rank instead of vet rank. Same thing basically. So 160cp gear is VR16 gear. Something like that.
  • SpazzmanNDQ

I want to know this too does all my V16 gear scale down cause I'm not at max CP I wouldn't appreciate that at all
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the number of additional content sounds really great, I'm affraid of this removing of vet ranks.
    What will we receive instead, in details? Max lvl 65 and progressive levelling? No more 850k xp after lvl50?
    So many hours spent on levelling into vet ranks to feel like a veteran... I trust the changes will not be drastic.

What I like the most btw is that there is a big Chance that most of this new content items will become available also to non-eso plus after some time. Like it was with rare motifs and style materials (laurel, malachite) :D .
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Ghostbane @SpazzmanNDQ If you're interested in how district capture could work, see my thread on District Control. If you're interested in how ZOS originally designed district capture, back before Tamriel Unlimited, search for @Dominoid 's datamining info.

Here is my original article from datamining IC prior to release AND from the developers at Guild Summit 2014.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3090iq/data_mining_imperial_city_new_crafted_sets_new/

Summary:

Three of those districts can be controlled by the three alliances as well as by the denizens of Coldharbor. The sections that can be controlled are the Market District, Noble District and the Arboretum District. There are a few benefits to ownership of said districts:
    • The ability to respawn in that location
    • Special access to an armory within those districts each with a new crafted set
    • A “defender” buff that increases XP for monster and player kills in all of Cyrodiil and the Imperial City

Now that IC has been released in one state, it is unknown how much of the original vision will make it into the changes coming in DB.

If the district is controlled by the denizens of Coldharbour (if this is how they are going to do it again), you could only capture the district from them by making a jaunt into Coldharbour itself. ZOS created nine total Coldharbour "dungeons" (3 for each capturable district). You can see those maps in this Imgur Album.

This was also left on the IC cutting room floor and could make an appearance:

6 New Mundas-like AOE Buffs

Another new mechanic being added to the game with the advent of the Imperial City, are six new AOE buffs designed to aid you and your group. At the guild summit we were told these wouldn’t be permanent buffs but would be on an eight hour real-time timer. These buffs appear to revolve around the Divines and based upon the fact that there are six of them, there will most likely be one in each of the six districts of the Imperial City. There will be a shrine devoted to one of the divines and upon activation will bestow an AOE buff to benefit you and your group:
    • Akatosh: Grants increased Weapon Power on all Dual Wield attacks for the blessed and nearby group members
    • Arkay: Grants reduced cost to CC Break when wielding 2 Handed weapons for the blessed and nearby group members
    • Mara: Grants increased range to Restoration Abilities for the blessed and nearby group members
    • Stendarr: Grants increased Stamina Regeneration while wielding a Shield for the blessed and nearby group members
    • Julianos: Grants increased range on all Destruction Staff attacks for the blessed and nearby group members
    • Kynareth: Grants increased range on all Bow attacks for the blessed and nearby group members
    While these aren’t mind blowing or necessarily overpowering (they can't be), they do add a new dynamic to the mix.

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What are togglable nameplates?
    TheHsN wrote: »
    -Rebalance IC dungeon means : if it is getting them buffed it is not something good...
    Lol, they are easy AF, they need a buff, like they were right when they were released.
    Edited by Woeler on April 20, 2016 6:09PM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope togglable nameplates will have an option to show a guild's name we actually represent.
    With an option to pick a guild we represent from all our active guilds and see the guild's name under player's name or title.

I think that would be helpful especially when guilds have their meetings in places like Cyrodiil, when guildies from all factions are gathering together.

Btw. @ZOS I hope that you will update some quest rewards, especially this very interesting to do Izad's Treasure quest, which gives about 300g plus from completing and... a treasure chest with worthless necklace (144 g) - for a lost treasure of some famous pirate this is ridiculous value. Please at least give 2k gold :D.
    Every random treasure chest gives more valuables inside and we find hundreds without any quest...

yjfqEv5.jpg
    Edited by Gargath on April 20, 2016 6:31PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    When will it arrive pts?

obviously noETA™
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Hey Folks,

Regarding White Gold Tower, Imperial City Prison and Veteran City of Ash: We have adjusted their balance down a bit. We hear the feedback and appreciate the passion for this content but, we were not happy with the difficulty to complete these and wanted to ease that burden. Those three dungeons are still not a walk in the park but they shouldn't be quite the roadblock they are now.

RE Sanctum Ophidia: Loot has indeed been updated with the creation of Normal and Veteran modes. We have made some tweaks all around in the Trial but largely the mechanics stay relatively the same, just more difficult. We anticipate strategies will need to be adjusted to complete the Veteran mode of the Trial.
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I want to know this too does all my V16 gear scale down cause I'm not at max CP I wouldn't appreciate that at all

No it doesnt scale down. If you are VR16 they said you will get 160cp even if you dont have that much. Then some more bonus cp for something I dont remember. Fact is tho you wont have to worry about your current gear being scaled down or being weaker than before.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SO scaling? Yes! More, please!

code65536 wrote: »
    rebalancing for the Imperial City dungeons
    So, not only are we not going to get any new 4-man content, they're also gonna hit vWGT and vICP with the nerfhammer? :( (Unless by "rebalancing", they mean "buffing", but somehow I doubt that's what they meant.)

I also suspect this means an incoming nerf. ZOS is sitting on data that tells them how many players have tried the dungeons, how many have tried and failed, how long it took, and at what point groups give up. If something like 2% of runs are successful completions (made up statistic), or too many people try it once and never come back, they are going to nerf it. That's not enough player engagement to justify the time spent developing the dungeon.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I also suspect this means an incoming nerf. ZOS is sitting on data that tells them how many players have tried the dungeons, how many have tried and failed, how long it took, and at what point groups give up. If something like 2% of runs are successful completions (made up statistic), or too many people try it once and never come back, they are going to nerf it. That's not enough player engagement to justify the time spent developing the dungeon.

In fact, I suspect that this is what has happened, according to Finn... http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/2894042#Comment_2894042

Edited by Elsonso on April 20, 2016 6:40PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new skill line is only passives again?? hm

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, no race change yet????

PC EU
    PvP only
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything about this update looks good! My only concern is with the size of the landmass and the amount of content in it... I did enjoy the Thieves Guild update but it left me wanting much, much more. I hope the Dark Brotherhood DLC will be at *least* double the content!
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    rebalancing for the Imperial City dungeons
    So, not only are we not going to get any new 4-man content, they're also gonna hit vWGT and vICP with the nerfhammer? :( (Unless by "rebalancing", they mean "buffing", but somehow I doubt that's what they meant.)

4-person content is such a huge part of this game. It's a MMO, so why in blazes is there so much focus on solo questing in each update? And while I do enjoy running trials, most people in this game have a hard time getting together 12-person groups for that. But the 4-person content? That's fun group content (remember, this is a MMO!) that you can easily clobber together. And we haven't had any updates to 4-person content since the introduction of vICP and vWGT.

So, no new 4-person content. No updates or scaling to vDSA. And now, it looks like we're likely to see nerfs to the only two pieces of challenging 4-person content in the game. Please, no.

I appreciate that it's a mmo, but I have to say I'm primarily a solo player. I'm thrilled by the focus on solo questing!! I will group with people when I really "have to" but as a rule, I would much rather have the option to "do it solo." I know mmo means other players.. and I like that I see other players out in the world where I am.. that's "mmo" enough for me..

I do understand what you're saying though.. I think it would be awesome if they were able to make group dungeons scalable to the number of people you have in your group.. that way.. you could group with people.. and I could do it solo.. a win/win! :)
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    We have made some tweaks all around in the Trial but largely the mechanics stay relatively the same, just more difficult. We anticipate strategies will need to be adjusted to complete the Veteran mode of the Trial.

new mechanic maybe?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Mysteri0n
    Mysteri0n
    ✭✭✭
    So Nothing about making the Banker and The Merchant actually worth the 5k Crowns. Zos Plz let the Merchant Repair, and let the banker access the Guild store and Guild bank. They not really merchants or bankers in their Current state. They are Apprentices, you know the people you hire that you really don't trust so you give them Limited Access to their stuff. Sorry not gonna spend 5k Crowns for a Apprentice.
    Lore Council Conclave of Shadows, Trade Council in Knights Arcanum
    Officer Celestials of Nirn, Proud Member of Enders Jeesh .Stam Sorc Since Beta 2014
    #ARGONIANMASTERRACE
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poison crafting...but no gem/jewelry crafting? Lame...
    Edited by Avidspark on April 20, 2016 7:21PM
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed