Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood: First Look"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Dark Brotherhood: First Look. We hope you enjoyed this sneak peek of the next DLC! Which feature are you most excited about?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hey, thanks for this and maybe it hasn't been released yet but are we not getting new dungeons? Has Zenimax decided we are going to release 'X' number of dungeons annually and is this number only 2?
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    "a new District capture system for Imperial City" nice!!!
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what you listed, as far as changes to the game are concerned, are very intriguing
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooooh! I want!!!!!

HAIL SITHIS!!!!!
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Base game patch sounds nice, the dlc itself, well, another dlc without proper group content, similar to wrothgar.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At first glance, this looks really good. Of course, execution will determine whether it actually is. I am looking forward to going back to IC. I had more fun in IC when it launched than I ever had in Cyrodiil. Though, vicious death is probably going to decrease the fun.

Sanctum Ophidia scaling and vet mode will be nice too.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im withholding judgement until I see more details. I worry when I see they are doing "tons" of balance changes, skill changes and trait changes. Too many changes at once can be a bad thing.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO scaling ? SO scaling !
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭
    still no race change or barber? :(
    Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Achievement points: 33290
    Alliance rank: Grand Overlord (50)(since 2016)
    Soloplayer
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :open_mouth:

Woah.

So so so amazing. To be honest.. I think I'm more excited for the base game updates! lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Umm, why will we have to spend additional money for motif previews?! This is to be in the crown store... you got to be kidding me. This should be implemented within base game patch... Or do I misunderstand something?
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    that base game patch tho *o*
  • Gonza
    Gonza
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you zos <3 These are really gooooood neewwwss :)
    Play for fun!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Umm, why will we have to spend additional money for motif previews?! This is to be in the crown store... you got to be kidding me. This should be implemented within base game patch... Or do I misunderstand something?

To clarify, you'll be able to preview what a motif from the Crown Store looks like on your character before you purchase it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno race change is still coming right?
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To clarify, you'll be able to preview what a motif from the Crown Store looks like on your character before you purchase it.

Oh, now I understand because the current wording in the article is a little confusing. Thank you for clarification!
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭

But I can just use the crown store to get a free preview of a motif I already know, before I craft it. Correct?
  • Dorrow
    Dorrow
    ✭✭✭
    Poison-making, guys!
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Dorrow - Dragonknight Tank
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

can we get info on this @ZOS_GinaBruno please?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additional character slots? Poison making? Removal of Vet ranks? Crafting bags? Smells like fan-service :D:D

Can't wait!
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like silent stealth kills will become available again, its been sadly missed x
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rebalancing for the Imperial City dungeons
    So, not only are we not going to get any new 4-man content, they're also gonna hit vWGT and vICP with the nerfhammer? :( (Unless by "rebalancing", they mean "buffing", but somehow I doubt that's what they meant.)

4-person content is such a huge part of this game. It's a MMO, so why in blazes is there so much focus on solo questing in each update? And while I do enjoy running trials, most people in this game have a hard time getting together 12-person groups for that. But the 4-person content? That's fun group content (remember, this is a MMO!) that you can easily clobber together. And we haven't had any updates to 4-person content since the introduction of vICP and vWGT.

So, no new 4-person content. No updates or scaling to vDSA. And now, it looks like we're likely to see nerfs to the only two pieces of challenging 4-person content in the game. Please, no.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my question is what about text chat for the consoles O.O was hoping it would be with this like the SCT was with the TG patch. Then again it says and more so maybe it could be.... I cant wait to see.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ButtersEP wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hey, thanks for this and maybe it hasn't been released yet but are we not getting new dungeons? Has Zenimax decided we are going to release 'X' number of dungeons annually and is this number only 2?

Doesn't look like any in this patch, but I found a new dungeon in the code entitled "Ruins of Mazzatun". So there is one coming. Clockwork City maybe?

Xsorus wrote: »
    Ling wrote: »
    still no race change or barber? :(

I don't believe either of these items were for Q2.
    Edited by Dominoid on April 20, 2016 3:12PM
  • deadlock007
    deadlock007
    ✭✭✭
    This update looks awesome B)
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree that the base game changes look decent right now. The DLC preview makes me think it is going to turn out to be a carbon copy of the TG DLC (a few hours of content, boring dailies and one motif to camp bosses forever to get). Hopefully they give us a bigger zone with more to do, and integrate the DB into the rest of Tamriel better.
    They list poison making as though it will be a new skill... when we already have alchemy to make poison. Does this mean they will be re-vamping alchemy? Or will they be adding some other redundant interface to accomplish this?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Surely this will eventually lead to a true crafting preview at the crafting stations . . . .
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    It would be nice if Maw of Lorkhaj could be fixed before you release a new DLC. tyvm
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    Still no pvp-update, nice!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vote-kick is OK and opens the way for bonuses to needed roles in the random dungeon selector. Giving a bonus to rewards for tanks when they are in short supply, for example, but being able to /kick those who fraudently queue as a tank just to get a group. This can be further balanced and made more positive by adding a commendation/rec system wherein each party member can commend one other group member at the end of a run with a random group. Plenty of time to slip those additional features in before the update goes live on PC, right? :)

With such small additional changes on top of the many positive steps already taken/announced the LFG tool will finally start to look like something people will be eager to use which means it will work better with more people in the queue who are getting matched more quickly.

(Oh, and how about getting an extra reward of gold and add in a bonus to raising the undaunted skill line for doing five randoms in a day or something like that?)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this