The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about.
    • If you think the assistants are not worth having because they lack features => fine, don't buy them, this is none of your business, it doesn't affect you.
    • If you think the assistants are worth having but too expensive and people won't buy them => if you're right, just wait, the price will be adjusted downwards. If you're wrong, then many people will buy them, it will make money for the game and we'll get extra features and functionalities in the base game without having to pay extra cash for it because they'll be financed buy these crown shop items.

I fail to see in what situation you'd loose anything.
    And finally, every penny earned by ZOS is a penny more for game stability and development (well that's an assumption on my side because nothing tells us they invest all profit back into development, but it's a security for the long term future of the game).

Stop bashing, start thinking. Noone forces you to buy.

While I agree with the sentiment of your post, I can't agree with your base assumptions. I've owned this game for almost two years and I've subbed the entire time. I've never been closer to cancelling my sub than I am right now.

I kept my sub alive because of your sentiment: "every penny earned by ZOS is a penny more for game stability and development." Now, after almost two years and spending several hundred dollars supporting the game, I think it's fair to ask how much of an obligation I have to keep supporting a game that remains broken.

And to be clear: I'm not talking design elements I disagree with; I'm referring to bugs and broken systems which have been acknowledge by Matt Firor as broken but without any ETA for repair or improvement. "It's a big game," he says. "Repairs have to be made incrementally." Okay, then my subscription should be paid incrementally.

When ESO announces a crown store item that costs any extraordinary amount of money, it is reasonable for players to ask what they're paying for. And why aren't bugs getting fixed in the meantime? What about the acknowledged problems in Cyrodiil? What about announced developments in the game that we've been waiting years for (e.g. spellcrafting). Sure, we don't have to buy the item if we think it's over-priced. On that point, you're correct. But it's still fair to question how this improves the game when so many other things need improvement.

And before anyone chimes in, let me address some predictable forum arguments:

1. You're assuming the same Zenimax employees who make the Crown Store items are the same employees who would fix the bugs and lag. You're wrong!!

Fair enough. Then how about Zenimax hire some people who know how to fix the stated problems with the game?

C'mon, some players may have owned the game for six weeks, but others of us have owned the game since release. We're tired of this. I remember when there were deer and torchbugs in Cyrodiil. Removed to make the game work. But the game still doesn't work. We see a lot of stuff going into the Crown Store but we don't always see a lot of game improvement or bugs getting fixed.

2. Do you have any idea how hard it is to make a game? Do you work in IT? Do you have a degree from yada, yada, yada?

Oh please. I am so tired of this argument. You know, I don't know how to make an Audi either, but the one I drive works perfectly fine - and is so much more complicated than this game. And if it doesn't work, it gets fixed and without excuses. Imagine what it would be like to say: "Wow, it must be really hard to make a car that goes 180 mph ... so feel free to leave off a few safety features ..."

I cannot understand the sentiment within the video game industry that states "It's okay to sell a broken product because, wow, making this product is hard." Meh. Grow up. Take responsibility for your product.

3. True but your Audi cost a hell of a lot more than this game.

Price is relative. When I bought the Imperial Edition of ESO in April of 2014 is was $79.99, making it one of the most expensive video games on the market.

4. You (and others like you) just don't want to support the game. You just want to complain.

Wrong again. I've had an unbroken subscription since 2014. I even kept my sub alive when I was working in a foreign country for two months and didn't have time to play. Yeah, I'm a casual - and I kept my sub alive because I want to like this game.

Honestly, some of us are beyond wondering what we get with our monthly subs. Crowns that we don't need? No. Experience that we REALLY don't need or even want? No. Access to DLC that we already own? No.

So what are we doing? We're subbing to support a game that we want to see improved.

5. If you're so frustrated, why don't you just leave?

Again, a fair question. And maybe it's something to think about.

The reason some of us post our complaints and frustrations on this forum is because we hope that @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and others from Zenimax will read them and at least consider what steps need to be taken to improve the game. It's a fair and legitimate use of the game forum.

But really, asking people to leave gets you nothing. The more people leave, the less money the game makes and the worse the game gets. This should be obvious. If people leave because they don't like a particular design feature, that's one thing. Nothing is going to make them stay. But if people start leaving or unsubbing because of they've reached a critical frustration level with the game bugs that aren't getting fixed, then maybe it is time for Zenimax to evaluate what it's doing with it's available resources.

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on March 30, 2016 10:07PM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, a luxury item to me is something what has an extraordinary added value to it - but where is that with those assistants?- They do not even do what the normal bankers and merchants can do for you. "luxury" without luxurious features are to me just a cash grab.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

We are glad to see everyone voicing their opinions in regards to the assistance. Now as this thread has become rather heated, we have removed a few posts for Flaming to help keep this civil and constructive.
    Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on March 31, 2016 2:04AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well dang guess I have to reword my previous post
    YDhAbuW.jpg?1
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    5000 crowns? None for me, then. Not even if she looks like Lydia.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Serpace wrote: »
    If i ever pay 5000 crowns for a useless NPC someone please check me into a mental care facility.

tyvm.

Same if I ever spend 2000 crowns on a horse or 1 crown on an outfit.

An assistant is worth way more than a mount. Or a motif, which somehow sell for 5k.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on March 31, 2016 2:36AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    That is almost $40 for a freaking assistant? WTF, i preorder new releases from Best Buy and it cost me 38 bucks plus tax. This might be the biggest ripoff i have ever seen in a video game. One assistant cost as much as i pay for entire games. Crap i bought this game on sale for $40 in December plus it gave may something like 8000-9000 crowns with it. But one assistant is 5000 crowns which is equivalent to almost $40?

More like $22. Just make sure you only buy crowns when they are on sale 5500 for $24.

No they aren't, I pulled up the PS4 store right when I posted this. It was 40 bucks for 5500 crowns

Don't buy them now. Buy them when they are on sale. Just like buying games.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    davidtxr wrote: »
    I will probably buy the banker, but I thought the merchant was useless.

Think of 5000 crowns as a starting bid. If they don't sell enough then it will come down.

And what alienate all those that brought at this price that would be a great move by Zos

That is what happens to early adopters.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ritzey01 wrote: »

Lol 5k a good price yeh mate whatever....can buy 2 versions of the game and have money left over or 1 merchant...bargain, money well spent.

This is what i did, bought a second game for my wife, who doesnt play anymore :-( . So i just mail all my loot to this account and log on and return it about once a week. Never need to worry about full packs.

But the postage!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just providing another update on the poll about whether you'll buy the assistants (and if so which one) at 5K crowns. With almost 400 people responding now, here's how it looks:
    Poll4_zpskcr4qng7.jpg
    The thread has been closed, but if you haven't voted in the poll you can still do so here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256386/at-5000-crowns-each-will-you-buy-the-new-assistants/p1
    This is info that is absolutely impossible to garner from this discussion thread, so please vote if you haven't already!

Also, please vote in the other poll about assistants here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256456/how-much-would-you-pay-for-the-new-assistants#latest
    It's asking a different question that is also looking for info that can't possibly be garnered from this discussion thread so please vote in that one too if you haven't already!

Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • snoogadooch
    snoogadooch
    ✭✭✭
    I think the price point is okay because I'd rather not see bankers running around all over. However, if the banker has no guild function and the merchant does not repair, I'll be passing anyway.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post @IrishGirlGamer
  • lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    petraeus1 wrote: »
    lookstwice wrote: »
    Wow, unbelievable timing. I actually quit playing this when it became free because I have never been a fan of that model. I quit LOTRO for the reason.

But about week or two ago, I decided to sign up for month to check things out and I was starting to drink the kool aid. I only found this thread because I was actually looking for the feedback forum and was going to give ZOS some credit. And to maybe say I was partially wrong about this whole free to play business.

The store didn't seem that intrusive and I figured I would just remain an ESO+ because I was thinking okay maybe these guys aren't so bad. Add a few little things here and there and that would be fine.

LOL!!! I guess I should have stuck to my instincts. I guess glad it happened now and not later.

Except LOTRO is a pain in the arse to go around without microtransaction, whereas these assistants are hardly useful.

Of course there's marketing behind this, of course they want to make money when the inevitable sale comes.

I'm however happy with the price. I'd hate to see identical bankers running all over the place to the detriment of bristling hubs.

I'm also happy they're not very good. It's an indication that the general banking and vendoring experience isn't very bad, and that ZOS isn't interested in selling OP stuff for insane prices. They sell crappy stuff for insane prices, so I don't feel inclined to buy them.

This is great actually. Imagine if these were actually really good and actual banks and vendors were few and far between. My poor wallet. Now I can shrug and smile and notice how reasonably priced the DLC is by comparison.

Good points!! Maybe my reaction was a little too much. I guess I still just have my doubts about free to play games. LOTRO probably just added to it.

I just really like the game and I worry about that slippery slope. You can see others repeating the mistakes of the past and just hope they don't succumb to it.

• lookstwice
    lookstwice
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, unbelievable timing. I actually quit playing this when it became free because I have never been a fan of that model. I quit LOTRO for the reason.

But about week or two ago, I decided to sign up for month to check things out and I was starting to drink the kool aid. I only found this thread because I was actually looking for the feedback forum and was going to give ZOS some credit. And to maybe say I was partially wrong about this whole free to play business.

The store didn't seem that intrusive and I figured I would just remain an ESO+ because I was thinking okay maybe these guys aren't so bad. Add a few little things here and there and that would be fine.

LOL!!! I guess I should have stuck to my instincts. I guess glad it happened now and not later.

So what are your specific thoughts on the assistants?

Ultimately as long as this is not a slippery slope to microtransaction hell, then I really don't have an issue with it. I do want them to make money and for this game to be around for years to come.

But I do love me some Jeeves and this reminds of Jeeves from WoW. Pretty every single toon for me was always an engineer for these types of convenience items.
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I agree with the sentiment of your post, I can't agree with your base assumptions. I've owned this game for almost two years and I've subbed the entire time. I've never been closer to cancelling my sub than I am right now.

I kept my sub alive because of your sentiment: "every penny earned by ZOS is a penny more for game stability and development." Now, after almost two years and spending several hundred dollars supporting the game, I think it's fair to ask how much of an obligation I have to keep supporting a game that remains broken.

I never understood this. ZOS isn't charity. There's no need to 'support' them. You buy their product, whether that be the base game or the subscription with additional perks. They deliver that product. There's no relationship of obligations established apart from the customer making the payment and the company delivering the product as advertised.

Now I can understand when there's bugs introduced that break the game up to a point it doesn't function as can reasonably expected anymore. Thinking especially of Cyrodiil. Then there's reason to complain. But outside that, it's an illusion to think we should have a say in development pipelines. Let alone that money spent on the game, buys that right.

I've talked before about the weird way ZOS and customer share the product, as in ZOS retains the right to patch it without asking the customer's consent. With all due consequences, mostly for the better, but sometimes to its detriment. Either way, it's all covered in the TOS. You don't owe them a dime, nor do they owe us anything, apart from ensuring basic functionality and follow-up on advertisement. The price of Crown Store items doesn't fall among those.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the cost is too high but then I have a bunch of crowns in my account sitting about and so will probably buy one of them anyway and then feel mild irritation when they go on sale in 2-3 months time for some holiday or other.

It is definitely too much if ZOS are looking to shift a lot of them but if they are simply looking to use them as a bit of a crown sink for those who are sitting on lots of them and a high end luxury item for those who don't mind spending a bit of money
    then fine.

And they are a luxury - a high end item that is more about mild convenience that real practical application simply there for the occasional time you really can't be bothered to get to a wayshrine.

There are lots of genuine problem,s with the game but over pricing an item that you have absolutely no need to buy is not a reason for rage - buy them if you feel like it, don't buy them if you don't. If you really want them and can't justify the crowns then wait for the inevitable sale :)
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    petraeus1 wrote: »

Except LOTRO is a pain in the arse to go around without microtransaction, whereas these assistants are hardly useful.

Of course there's marketing behind this, of course they want to make money when the inevitable sale comes.

I'm however happy with the price. I'd hate to see identical bankers running all over the place to the detriment of bristling hubs.

I'm also happy they're not very good. It's an indication that the general banking and vendoring experience isn't very bad, and that ZOS isn't interested in selling OP stuff for insane prices. They sell crappy stuff for insane prices, so I don't feel inclined to buy them.

This is great actually. Imagine if these were actually really good and actual banks and vendors were few and far between. My poor wallet. Now I can shrug and smile and notice how reasonably priced the DLC is by comparison.

Good points!! Maybe my reaction was a little too much. I guess I still just have my doubts about free to play games. LOTRO probably just added to it.

I just really like the game and I worry about that slippery slope. You can see others repeating the mistakes of the past and just hope they don't succumb to it.

LOTRO is hardly the same as it is free to play. You dont buy a box or anything just download it and go. Also in LOTRO you can earn the turbine points (crowns) in the game through finishing deeds (achievements). So you can theoretically earn the points to buy the dlc for the game without ever spending a nickle.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spent $1600 on a computer upgrade so I could get back in game. But I can use the new computer for lots of other things too, though it's advantages over the old machine (which still works fine) are mainly for running graphics intensive stuff like games. I guess I could model the universe or something and watch galaxies form up into clusters and filaments.

But I'm going to ignore all of the assistants. I don't want them. They're basically pets that additionally do in an inferior way what you can have superiorly done at a regular merchant or banker. I think that they'd bother me while I was sneaking. Even Lydia did that to me in Skyrim, with her overblown morals against trespassing.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D . Im a bit thick. But not that thick.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spent $1600 on a computer upgrade so I could get back in game. But I can use the new computer for lots of other things too, though it's advantages over the old machine (which still works fine) are mainly for running graphics intensive stuff like games. I guess I could model the universe or something and watch galaxies form up into clusters and filaments.

But I'm going to ignore all of the assistants. I don't want them. They're basically pets that additionally do in an inferior way what you can have superiorly done at a regular merchant or banker. I think that they'd bother me while I was sneaking. Even Lydia did that to me in Skyrim, with her overblown morals against trespassing.

I appreciate the general point you made :)

But feel that there is a misconception - the assistants do not have to follow you around - you put it on your radial menu along with your potions and summon it using Q (the default key on PC, please replace with whatever button you would normally use for potions), use it, then you unsummon it by hitting Q again. You are not stuck with it following you around when you don't need it.

EDIT: And people keeping their bankers out whilst in the bank, cluttering the place up with countless copies of the same NPC, are not going to find themselves on many players' Christmas card lists.
    Edited by Epona222 on March 31, 2016 9:09AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

We are glad to see everyone voicing their opinions in regards to the assistance. Now as this thread has become rather heated, we have removed a few posts for Flaming to help keep this civil and constructive.
    Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

But are you people actually TAKING NOTE of the sentiments here? This is GREED, pure and simple. Greed.

Did someone say: 'Let's see how far we can fleece our players before they stop paying'?

That price for full functionality, then maybe, yes, but for gimped services that you can get better in town? NO.
    Edited by AlienSlof on March 31, 2016 10:00AM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh got all excited when I saw the 'Z' next to the thread. Been here long enough to realise it wouldn't have been an answer, yet I still had hope :(
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krist wrote: »
    @Thornen

So everyone should be ok with companies overpricing items because other companies do it too...get a clue.

Edit: Seriously people need to wake the *** up and stop defending corporations for obvious profiteering.

Rather a nasty response. However, I will take the high road since you must be young with little experience in the real world. Companies are in the business of profits, and owe you nothing personally as the consumer except the knowledge of what you will be paying for. In a free market prices usually do start off high, for brand new items. Always has been that way. I will defend a free market when it comes to non-necessities because no one is forcing you to spend your hard earned money on it...or momma's, or my taxes. Companies owe their employees and investors more than they owe you.
    I do not care that people wont buy it, I may not buy them right now...or ever. I am concerned at how many have never realized this is a game, and you are not forced to pay for these items. That being the case, no, ZOS is not hurting you in any way, shape or form, and is not doing anything unethical. Simply do not buy the product. I am very impressed with this company and how much it gives out compared to many others in this same market.

(This is not directed at everyone that disagrees with the pricing. Many have hit the nail on the head and simply said they will not be buying the items, instead of coughing out some profiteering conspiracy)

Well let's say zenimax set a bar.

Say out of every 100 people, they want 20 to buy the banker at that price. 20 fools come along and buy them. Zenimax has hit it's target and deem it to be a success. So next item, they do the same. So that is a stupid price too.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything. But it's a big f u when they charge £32 for something that does as little as this. The thieve's guild dlc was less than half of that and has an assistant for free...

I don't know why people defend them.
  • aubrey.baconb16_ESO
    I won’t use cash to buy Crowns but I may use those received as part of ESO+.

I don’t use Crowns for cosmetic fluff and I’m not hurrying to max so don’t need XP scrolls. I did buy bag slots when they were on sale but otherwise I’ve still got loads of ESO+ crowns to use up.

I’ll hang on until Dark Brotherhood just to ensure that Crafting Bags are free to ESO+ users and that I won’t need Crowns for that. Otherwise I may just splash out on a banker, or a merchant, or maybe even both.
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Krist wrote: »
    @Thornen

So everyone should be ok with companies overpricing items because other companies do it too...get a clue.

Edit: Seriously people need to wake the *** up and stop defending corporations for obvious profiteering.

Rather a nasty response. However, I will take the high road since you must be young with little experience in the real world. Companies are in the business of profits, and owe you nothing personally as the consumer except the knowledge of what you will be paying for. In a free market prices usually do start off high, for brand new items. Always has been that way. I will defend a free market when it comes to non-necessities because no one is forcing you to spend your hard earned money on it...or momma's, or my taxes. Companies owe their employees and investors more than they owe you.
    I do not care that people wont buy it, I may not buy them right now...or ever. I am concerned at how many have never realized this is a game, and you are not forced to pay for these items. That being the case, no, ZOS is not hurting you in any way, shape or form, and is not doing anything unethical. Simply do not buy the product. I am very impressed with this company and how much it gives out compared to many others in this same market.

(This is not directed at everyone that disagrees with the pricing. Many have hit the nail on the head and simply said they will not be buying the items, instead of coughing out some profiteering conspiracy)

Well let's say zenimax set a bar.

Say out of every 100 people, they want 20 to buy the banker at that price. 20 fools come along and buy them. Zenimax has hit it's target and deem it to be a success. So next item, they do the same. So that is a stupid price too.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything. But it's a big f u when they charge £32 for something that does as little as this. The thieve's guild dlc was less than half of that and has an assistant for free...

Only need to find 19 fools I guess
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    I could understand if they were bundled together but at that price I don't think I'll bite unless we see another crown sale. But then again new guar mounts...
    Edited by Deceptive_Yoshi on March 31, 2016 10:52AM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    :(

I am a fool, I guess.

Yes, I think the banker is a bit overpriced for it's limited features. But it is something I have wanted since I began to play this game and I have the crowns from my sub.

The merchant... is just absurd. Even if they did add repair to it I would be hard pressed to buy. I mean I never repair at merchant anyway, it's always grand repair kits I use. For 5k they would have to add repair and a chance of him selling exclusive gear. Even at 1k they would have to add repair, really just don't see him being useful. I could just put excess items in bank and sell later at merchant, especially when crafting bags come into play and all of a sudden I have more inventory room.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because a business model where necessary stuff (DLC) is cheap and unnecessary stuff (assitants, mounts, pets, costumes) is expensive is GOOD FOR ME, and good for all of us.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because a business model where necessary stuff (DLC) is cheap and unnecessary stuff (assitants, mounts, pets, costumes) is expensive is GOOD FOR ME, and good for all of us.
    I agree with you there, but that fluff stuff should be comparable. They're more useful than cosmetics, so that puts them above 1,000. They're more niche than mounts, so that puts them above 1,800. But is an assistant with such limited functionality worth as much as a Gold motif? They're both time-savers, but buying a motif saves a lot more time than going to the nearest city, and has no downsides.

Also you seem to have a random dot at the bottom of some of your posts, which is visually jarring :stuck_out_tongue:

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Greetings all,

But are you people actually TAKING NOTE of the sentiments here? This is GREED, pure and simple. Greed.

Did someone say: 'Let's see how far we can fleece our players before they stop paying'?

That price for full functionality, then maybe, yes, but for gimped services that you can get better in town? NO.

They are a business out to make money. Greed is good.