Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crash on Launch after patch

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
Crash report below.

This happens within seconds of trying to launch the game from the launcher or directly running the game executable using both the 32 and 64 bit clients.

I've tried a repair, reboot, running as admin, and just about everything else I can think of..

Suggestions please?

@ZOS_GinaBruno I can't be the only person with this issue....?

====================================================================
eso has stopped working.

[reporter]
version = 0.01

[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.2.3.5.1278414
branch = live
client.executablebits = 32
client.mode = startup
client.session_start_timestamp = 2016-03-07T17:12:49.026Z
client.timestamp = 2016-03-07T17:12:49.481Z -frme 0-
cpu.arch = 0
cpu.count = 4
cpu.level = 6
cpu.type = 586
exe.buildnum = 1278414
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
mem.system_physical = 3406
os.osbits = 64
os.platform = windows
os.version = 10.0.10240.
ptime = 0
reportfield.ver = 3
version.major = 2
version.patch = 3
version.subpatch = 5
Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's from a different computer..

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    branch = live
    client.executablebits = 64
    client.mode = startup
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2016-03-07T17:36:41.088Z
    client.timestamp = 2016-03-07T17:36:41.416Z -frme 0-
    cpu.arch = 9
    cpu.count = 4
    cpu.level = 6
    cpu.type = 8664
    exe.buildnum = 1278414
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    mem.system_physical = 8191
    os.osbits = 64
    os.platform = windows
    os.version = 6.1.7601.Service Pack 1
    ptime = 2346
    reportfield.ver = 3
    version.major = 2
    version.patch = 3
    version.subpatch = 5
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rylana I have two GTX Titan Blacks in SLI running the latest nVidia drivers (from last week). That may explain some people, but not my gaming rig.. I'm logged in on my laptop right now.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they dont want AD to zerg anymore
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    I know exactly what it is crown, and I have the same issue. They ended direct X 10.1 compatibility for this client, you must have directx11+ on the card. Almost every NVidia card up until the 700 series used DX 10.1 because 11 wasnt fully released until 2014, something developers often forget

Zenimax just locked out roughly half of their players with this patch, only the power gaming systems or ones purchased/manufactured after 2014 will work correctly, stock.

Gonna have to drop 150 bucks for a 750ti or better to run this game now. Absolute bull.

It's their lag fix xD
  • AEAltadoonPadhome
    AEAltadoonPadhome
    ✭✭✭
    @Rylana I have the exact same issue and running dxdiag shows me my directx version is 11. So this is not the issue.
  • mb14_ESO
    mb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Mine says this:
    eso has stopped working.
    [reporter]
    version = 0.01
    [extra]
    ProductName = eso
    branch = live
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = startup
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2016-03-07T18:02:08.559Z
    client.timestamp = 2016-03-07T18:02:08.999Z -frme 0-
    cpu.arch = 0
    cpu.count = 4
    cpu.level = 6
    cpu.type = 586
    exe.buildnum = 1278414
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    mem.system_physical = 8126
    os.osbits = 64
    os.platform = windows
    os.version = 6.1.7601.Service Pack 1
    ptime = 0
    reportfield.ver = 3
    version.major = 2
    version.patch = 3
    version.subpatch = 5

Please fix
  • Sa0n
    Sa0n
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe they broke the game again, when they were supposed to do the opposite. Or can I :worried: Same situation here.
    Dx11 is there, 64bit client crashes on launch, 32bit doesn't let me log in. Oh, my bum.
    Literally eat my assflaps.

Uninstalled.
    Time wasted: 6 years.
  • Sa0n
    Sa0n
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather like it if that was actually the case. It would surely make my decision on whether to quit ESO or not a lot easier.

Uninstalled.
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    how to run the game in OPENGL mode pelase tell me?

i edit Usersettings and add OPENGL insdead of D3D 11

but game still crashed! both exe

Geforce 9800 GT
    Edited by NerfPlease on March 7, 2016 6:27PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Have you all tried downloading the most recent Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package? If not, please visit this page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Also, make sure you're running the game as admin. Let us know if either of those fix the issue for you.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno - I'm already running a newer version than the one you linked. I've even tried uninstalling it, then installing this one, testing, updating it, then trying again. I've tried running both 32 and 64 bit clients as local administrator as well.
    Edited by Crown on March 7, 2016 6:33PM
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you all tried downloading the most recent Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package? If not, please visit this page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Also, make sure you're running the game as admin. Let us know if either of those fix the issue for you.

I have a newer version of that Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package, can you explain how to run both as i can't figure it out. And also how to run as admin. Not all of us are tech savvy :p
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And also how to run as admin. Not all of us are tech savvy :p

You can right click the executable and then run as administrator should be on the context menu.

The executable files are most likely in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    And also how to run as admin. Not all of us are tech savvy :p

You can right click the executable and then run as administrator should be on the context menu.

The executable files are most likely in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client

Haha, yeah i figured that out thanks :p
  • Kormyr
    Kormyr

Neither of those have worked for me.
    This is incredibly frustrating. I really enjoyed this game, despite it getting a lot of stick on release.
    Please find a way to fix this! I was really looking forward to this expansion, and now I feel like I've been shut out so that people with higher-end PCs can enjoy their game a little more.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kormyr People with higher end PCs are stuck too.

Incidentally my Mac laptop runs nicely now..
  • FlicksZ
    FlicksZ
    ✭✭✭
    I have this problem too. No more ESO for me? :'(
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Is everyone running DX11? Remember, as of today, we are not supporting DX9 or any graphics cards and operating systems that are not compatible with DirectX 11.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kormyr
    Kormyr
    Just ran the DXDiag, my Directx version is 11.1, despite my PC being from 2012, so why am I having this problem?...what's going on?
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    No luck for me. I now have one pretty new PC totally unable to run ESO, apparently due to DX11 requirement, and a small laptop that will run the client, but not log in. Error 301 is the latest in a series of different error codes its given me.
  • Sa0n
    Sa0n
    ✭✭✭

- Visual C++ is already up to date.
    - Running as admin makes no difference.
    - 32bit will launch, but displays error 108 on login.
    - 64bit crashes on launch.

Uninstalled.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is everyone running DX11? Remember, as of today, we are not supporting DX9 or any graphics cards and operating systems that are not compatible with DirectX 11.

Gina, removing directx 10.1 support on graphics cards literally screwed over everyone that has a card from before 2014

Want to front me 150 bucks for a new card? Like for real, this is bad. It doesnt matter what version of directx your OS has installed, if the card doesnt support it (we are talking ONLY high end gaming cards here manufactured after windows 8.1 came out in 2014) the game wont run.

Revert this change, for the love of god.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kormyr wrote: »
    Just ran the DXDiag, my Directx version is 11.1, despite my PC being from 2012, so why am I having this problem?...what's going on?

Check feature levels in the display tab, guarantee you its 10.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1

Feature levels 11 and higher only started coming out in mainstream cards (low/budget to midrange) in late 2013 and early 2014. Only a person spending 1000 dollars for a card before that time (GTX 600 series in late 2012/early 2013) would have it any earlier.
    Edited by Rylana on March 7, 2016 6:52PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Sa0n
    Sa0n
    ✭✭✭
    You can NOT be serious with this DirectX stuff.

Uninstalled.
  • AEAltadoonPadhome
    AEAltadoonPadhome
    ✭✭✭

I have the latest vc++, run as admin didn't work either. My system has DirectX 11, but my graphics adapter has a DDI version of 10.1 (found under monitor tab in dxdiag). Does this mean my graphics card does not support ESO or is it another issue?
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the latest vc++, run as admin didn't work either. My system has DirectX 11, but my graphics adapter has a DDI version of 10.1 (found under monitor tab in dxdiag). Does this mean my graphics card does not support ESO or is it another issue?

That is correct, your graphics card is no longer compatible with ESO.
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    Gina, I think you just nailed down a big problem there, as others on this thread have remarked. My gaming PC is not particularly old, and yet suddenly, as of today, it is no longer capable of running ESO. I suspect your devs may have made a terrible miscalculation here. Would it not have been better to phase out this support, rather than suddenly and dramatically cut it? It is only by virtue of the fact I have access to a small laptop that is DX11 compatible, that I am not now considering severing my nearly 2 year old subscription. That said, I have terrible problems trying to log in tonight, even with an operational game client available. This is all a bit much really.
  • Lunachik
    Lunachik
    ✭✭✭
    I am also crashing upon launch, using the 64 bit client, and the regular 32 bit. I have DirectX 11, the correct Visual C++ redistributables, and tried running as admin, nothing works. I tested the 64 bit client on the PTS when it became available, and it was fine, not sure what is different in the live version. Nothing on my system has changed.
    **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **
  • RA187
    RA187
    'is everyone running DX11?' are you kidding me? not everyone has the budget to buy a high end computer or a brand new graphic card. i did once said to my guilds that after the thieves guild launch i'll be leaving the game if the content isnt that good and for this, thank you you've made my decision a lot easier.
    v16 - Dimitri Veteran Healer - AD - NA
    Guild: Dark-Brotherhood-Dominion
    "Nightblades use Piercing/reapers mark, cant see *** at night time in PvP. i use 'power of the light', no more complain cant see the target's location"
  • Kormyr
    Kormyr
    Rylana wrote: »
    Kormyr wrote: »

Check feature levels in the display tab, guarantee you its 10.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1

Feature levels 11 and higher only started coming out in mainstream cards (low/budget to midrange) in late 2013 and early 2014. Only a person spending 1000 dollars for a card before that time (GTX 600 series in late 2012/early 2013) would have it any earlier.

You're right.
    Its not exactly that, but it does start with a 10...this is insane. They're just locking out paying customers!