The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crash on Launch after patch

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was 10.1 support on the PTS?
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Was 10.1 support on the PTS?

i tested with mine 9800 gt - YES
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My game insta-crashes when I try to launch it. As admin, directly from the game folder, 32-bit or 64-bit... doesnt make a difference. I do have a DX11-compatible GPU (GTX 970).

I'll try repairing and see if that helps...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    For those of you who have downloaded the VC++ package and appear to be meeting min spec, but are still having issues, please submit a ticket with our Support Team so they can troubleshoot with you. If you visit help.elderscrollsonline.com, click on "Additional Support Options" on the right side of the page, and log in.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nvidia has never 100% supported every single feature of Direct X 11, or 11.1 so im not surprised to see this happening. Those in the know in PC hardware have known this for years.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/nvidia-7-series-doesnt-support-directx-11-2.186399/

Everyone knows AMD is better at Compute performance and hardware level DirectX feature support (AMD is the only one that fully supports Direct X 12 right now, both of my GPU 100% support it including Asynchronous compute) Nvidia has always been better with propreitary feature such as Gameworks, Shadowplay, etc.

Simply put if you want to play ESO in the future with no issues, go buy a AMD GPU and be done with it.

This is 100% Nvidia's fault for adverting these GPU's as DirectX 11 compliant when they are not...this is not ZOS fault, its Nvidia's fault...its why i stopped buying their stuff back in 2010.....because it didn't support the specs....

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nvidia has never 100% supported every single feature of Direct X 11, or 11.1 so im not surprised to see this happening. Those in the know in PC hardware have known this for years.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/nvidia-7-series-doesnt-support-directx-11-2.186399/

Everyone knows AMD is better at Compute performance and hardware level DirectX feature support (AMD is the only one that fully supports Direct X 12 right now, both of my GPU 100% support it including Asynchronous compute) Nvidia has always been better with propreitary feature such as Gameworks, Shadowplay, etc.

Simply put if you want to play ESO in the future with no issues, go buy a AMD GPU and be done with it.

This is 100% Nvidia's fault for adverting these GPU's as DirectX 11 compliant when they are not...this is not ZOS fault, its Nvidia's fault...its why i stopped buying their stuff back in 2010.....because it didn't support the specs....

See, at least someone gets it.

Nvidia has relied on the 10.1 engine for years (massive compatibility debacle when win 8 came out if anyone remembers that), and ending support for that pretty much ends Nvidia support for this game (until 700+ series, in most cases)
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Nvidia has relied on the 10.1 engine for years (massive compatibility debacle when win 8 came out if anyone remembers that), and ending support for that pretty much ends Nvidia support for this game (until 700+ series, in most cases)

what about 600 series?
    i have GTX 660 and all okay
  • Kormyr
    Kormyr

I'm running an Intel graphics card, s

I'm running Intel, so is this applicable to me? If not, why am I having the same problem as everyone else?
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfPlease wrote: »

what about 600 series?
    i have GTX 660 and all okay

depends on the chipset, if its WDDM 2.0 compliant it might work (those came out early and cost massive cash at the time)
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • AEAltadoonPadhome
    AEAltadoonPadhome
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you who have downloaded the VC++ package and appear to be meeting min spec, but are still having issues, please submit a ticket with our Support Team so they can troubleshoot with you. If you visit help.elderscrollsonline.com, click on "Additional Support Options" on the right side of the page, and log in.

So @Rylana is correct and it's about the hardware version and not only the software version/compatibility mode? Any source for this? Isn't the dx11 emulated by the drivers and therefore should it work?

So do you really need such a new graphics card to run the game now? I'd like to have a clear statement from this from ZOS as it determines if I should troubleshoot further or I shouldn't and have to decide to either buy a new graphics card or quit the game. If it is compatible, I'd rather wait with upgrading my gpu before those things get better/cheaper.
  • Nomen
    Nomen
    ✭✭
    Lines from my dxdiag -
    Card name: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 Series
    Feature Levels: 11.1,11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1;
    I run,oh no-try to run ESO as admin with latest version of Visual C++ and crash,crash,crash after I push the start button.
    I`ve already repaired and reinstalled the game.Nothing helps.It`s very frustrating by itself, but I`ve
    knocked out tomorrow day off specialy to play new addon :'(
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    There is a planet where it's Nvidia's fault that I can't play ESO on my gaming PC tonight, but it isn't this planet guys, it really isn't. You are correct in what you are saying, but the fact remains that yesterday I could log onto the PTS using my gaming PC and play the very latest version of the game. Today that same machine is incapable of running the game. This is nothing to do with Nvidia.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a temporary fix to this you can do this:

1. Open your UserSettings.txt file
    2. Find the line that says SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11"
    3. Change that line to this SET GraphicsDriver.7 "OPENGL"

Now start the game and see what it does.

This should force the game to render in OPENGL instead of DirectX. If your GPU supports OpenGL 4.1 or newer this should work for you. Its all you can really try that this point i think.

Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• DubbyaTeeEff
    DubbyaTeeEff
    Soul Shriven

====================================================================
    eso has stopped working.

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.2.3.5.1278414
    branch = live
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = startup
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2016-03-07T19:22:04.542Z
    client.timestamp = 2016-03-07T19:22:05.477Z -frme 0-
    cpu.arch = 0
    cpu.count = 4
    cpu.level = 16
    cpu.type = 586
    exe.buildnum = 1278414
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    mem.system_physical = 8190
    os.osbits = 64
    os.platform = windows
    os.version = 6.0.6002.
    ptime = 0
    reportfield.ver = 3
    version.major = 2
    version.patch = 3
    version.subpatch = 5

DxDiag:
    System Information
    Time of this report: 3/7/2016, 11:21:23

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 64bit Unicode

Display:
    Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1077 (English)

I've been subscribed since you allowed us to even subscribe! I was in Beta! I can't afford a new PC, but mine played the game just fine yesterday... This is Bonk
  • Athrys5
    Athrys5
    ✭✭✭
    I have DX 11 but my game keep crashing whenever i launch it,what i have to do? :\
    EU - PC

Athryss
  • DubbyaTeeEff
    DubbyaTeeEff
    Soul Shriven
    Subscription Cancelled.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last but not least
    • Delete your usersettings.txt file
    • Delete the entire contents of the Addon Folder and the Saved Variables Folder[/b] (Except ZOS_LUA )

Try launching the game then and see if it works. if your running Crossfire or SLI turn it off before launching the game so we can pinpoint where the issue is, im on lunch now and have a meeting after work, the soonest i can get home to address these problems if after 8pm EST. Try some of this stuff and get back to me.

Also running a repair may be a good idea as well.
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on March 7, 2016 7:29PM
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Sa0n
    Sa0n
    ✭✭✭
    I encourage you to read this, because it fixed the crash issue for my laptop from 2012. (GT630M and dxdiag doesn't show dx11 in the feature levels.)

Alright, so this got the 64bit client to launch. Still can't log in though. (Errors 108 and 201)

Ensure your video driver is selecting the correct GPU for ESO.
    Open either the NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Catalyst Control Panel and ensure that ESO64.exe is making use of your primary GPU.
    (copied from the support site)

Also, what's with the game taking so long to quit?
    Edited by Sa0n on March 7, 2016 7:59PM
    Literally eat my assflaps.

Uninstalled.
    Time wasted: 6 years.
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    Subscription Cancelled.

same here :(

i will try to ask my grandma about money for new videocard, but i think i will failed
  • AEAltadoonPadhome
    AEAltadoonPadhome
    ✭✭✭
    From the 2.3.5 patch notes:
    DirectX 11 Upgrade
    We have upgraded the ESO graphics engine to be DirectX 11 specific.

You will no longer be able to launch or run the DirectX 9 version of the game.
    We will no longer support graphics cards and operating systems that are not compatible with DirectX 11.
    This will allow us to implement new graphics features only possible with the removal of DirectX 9, as well as improve the overall performance of the engine.

What is meant here? Specifically "graphics cards and operating systems that are not compatible with DirectX 11"
    I don't know the internals, but as far as I understand it, my graphics card (ATI radeon HD 4800) is 'compatible' with directx 11 through software emulation but implements the directx 10.1 interface in hardware. Am I right? What is meant by "compatible" here and is it the same compatibility meant in the patch notes?
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    Radeon HD 5000 series started support fully DX11
    so probably you cant play with 4800
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M on a OSX Bootcamp partition running Windows 7

Currently running the 64 client flawlessly.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nomen wrote: »
    Lines from my dxdiag -
    Card name: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 Series
    Feature Levels: 11.1,11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1;
    I run,oh no-try to run ESO as admin with latest version of Visual C++ and crash,crash,crash after I push the start button.
    I`ve already repaired and reinstalled the game.Nothing helps.It`s very frustrating by itself, but I`ve
    knocked out tomorrow day off specialy to play new addon :'(

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD_Radeon_Software_Crimson_Edition_16.2.1.aspx

Try installing that and see if your issue is resolved
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    Man i hope my 4 way SLI will work ..... ( GTX Titian Black)

or i just blew away a crap ton of money
    Sometimes the real enemy are the one who moderate it.

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

Heart of Daggerfall-=Iron Legion=- Founding Member

The one and only LordSteindeath
  • LostGamer
    LostGamer
    ✭✭✭
    I also have this issue. Have tried all suggestions on web-site & submitted support ticket.
    Have tried Rinaldo's suggestions in this thread, and none have worked.
    My system exceeds min spec and DXDIAG indicates Directx 11.

Please, this needs resolution asap, and my remaining subscription time credited for time lost (or money refunded).
  • Tzadik
    Tzadik
    Can't log in ....

eso has stopped working.

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.2.3.5.1278414
    branch = live
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = startup
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2016-03-07T20:43:38.248Z
    client.timestamp = 2016-03-07T20:43:38.831Z -frme 0-
    cpu.arch = 0
    cpu.count = 2
    cpu.level = 6
    cpu.type = 586
    exe.buildnum = 1278414
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    mem.system_physical = 6033
    os.osbits = 64
    os.platform = windows
    os.version = 10.0.10586.
    ptime = 0
    reportfield.ver = 3
    version.major = 2
    version.patch = 3
    version.subpatch = 5
    Ebonheart Pact - PC EU
    Hasidic Chant - magicka templar
    Na Nach - magicka nightblade sap tank
  • Tzadik
    Tzadik
    Btw. tried all you guys wrote here and contacted support - no reply.
    Ebonheart Pact - PC EU
    Hasidic Chant - magicka templar
    Na Nach - magicka nightblade sap tank
  • wildxbambib14a_ESO
    wildxbambib14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is super disappointing. Ive been playing since launch on the same PC laptop and now because of this patch it no longer works. im really getting fed up with this. I really like this game and am disappointed that i need to drop money on a new system just so i can play the game again. i may not come back.
    Edited by wildxbambib14a_ESO on March 7, 2016 8:58PM
  • FlicksZ
    FlicksZ
    ✭✭✭
    Is everyone running DX11? Remember, as of today, we are not supporting DX9 or any graphics cards and operating systems that are not compatible with DirectX 11.

I have the latest vc++, run as admin didn't work either. My system has DirectX 11, but my graphics adapter has a DDI version of 10.1 (found under monitor tab in dxdiag). Does this mean my graphics card does not support ESO or is it another issue?

That is correct, your graphics card is no longer compatible with ESO.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately that appears to be my situation. Usual 3 month recurring sub just relapsed too.... oh well gl.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4682273.jpg

Really feel sorry for you guys. Not everyone can just go out and spunk £100+ on a new gfx card.