The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crash on Launch after patch

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash when hiting play
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys at least getting into the game, then crashing? Or are you not even making it past character select?

I crashed 8 times yesterday. Sometimes after being in for hours of gameplay and sometimes only minutes. Sadly this sounds like you guys arent close to a solution. =(
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    Well im on EU so cant say yet, but im as Krainer crashing when hitting Play before, so i bet it wont help. lets see.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno It crashes less than a half second after launching eso.exe or eso64.exe

It still happens even after the patch of a few minutes ago (wife's computer).
    Edited by Crown on March 9, 2016 5:27PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, crash after hitting play or launching 32 - 64 directly. But I haven't tested the hotfix yet (EU)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys at least getting into the game, then crashing? Or are you not even making it past character select?

Not even making it to login screen, let alone character select. Click on eso.exe or eso64.exe and the standard ZOS crash screen pops up immediately. The one that asks, "What were you doing when ESO crashed." I hit submit everytime.

Vista 64-bit, Service Pack 2, DirectX 11 installed, GTX 560 Ti video card (which is a DX11 card as best as I can tell).

I seem to meet all the new requirements for Thieves Guild and DX11 but still no love from ESO client.
  • Kormyr
    Kormyr
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , I'm not even making it to character select. I hit play on the launcher, and it crashes immediately.
    Glad you guys are working on it, though. :)
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    Yep, finally some reactions for the guys crashing directly ;)
  • nordmeyerx
    nordmeyerx
    ✭✭
    Basically just echoing whatever's been said already but I click play from launcher, screen goes blank, crash. I do not even get the tumbling Zenimax cube icon animation. My crash log looks the same as other that have already been posted.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad but good to know I'm not only one crashing after hitting play
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh same, crashes as soon as I hit PLAY.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    guys its all about your videocard
    you need to buy new
  • nordmeyerx
    nordmeyerx
    ✭✭
    NerfPlease wrote: »
    guys its all about your videocard
    you need to buy new

The app should tell you it's your video card. Not crash. We have been told this. Some people are experiencing the crash on perfectly valid cards as spelled out in the requirements.

I'm willing to "buy new" as you put it, but only when I am convinced that is the issue.
  • The_Legendary_Arya
    Well, i have Directx1 11 and all newest updates possible, laptop is from 2012, cant be its not working cause of that.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, thanks everyone. We'll continue to investigate.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    but it wont tell you it atm
    i have the same crashes with all 3 old videocards i tested
    they all havent dx11 support
    Edited by NerfPlease on March 9, 2016 6:54PM
  • Ivanzarevich
    Ivanzarevich
    Soul Shriven

Crashes getting into the game.
  • amaniacub17_ESO
    I've got a pair of GTS250's that cause a crash before startup, and a GTX770 that will run fine, but isn't stable (it's dying), so I can't play for more than a couple minutes.

So I when I use the GTX770, it works. The problem is at least partially related to video card & supported DirectX level. I don't change any drivers, just power off, switch cards, reboot and can play/crash depending on which card is installed.
  • Maui_lion
    Maui_lion
    Just tried after the patch. Clicked play, screen goes black as if to start up, then immediately get the crash report.

So..yeah, not fixed for me either.
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    yup still crashing immediately on PLAY, patch applied made no difference
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • Renoaku_ESO
    Renoaku_ESO
    ✭✭
    Im running Direct X 11 and still crashing.

Pretty sad they went and did this to ESO though removing DX10 support

The card i have actually supports direct X 12
    Edited by Renoaku_ESO on March 9, 2016 8:40PM
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if the game crashes while trying to launch what is this? Problems with DX11 upgrade or just some bug? My friend is getting this
    ====================================================================
    eso has stopped working.

I also have the same issue when i try to start 64-bit client, 32 client is ok.
    Edited by Niaver on March 9, 2016 8:56PM
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    Niaver wrote: »
    So if the game crashes while trying to launch what is this? Problems with DX11 upgrade or just some bug? My friend is getting this
    eso has stopped working.

I also have the same issue when i try to start 64-bit client, 32 client is ok.

What GPU Nvdia or AMD? 32bit or 64 bit OS? run DXDIAG see what version of Direct X your using... people should post more info or go play console lol :smiley: (heard something about Nvidia having issue with the latest drivers /shrug I am using a AMD R9 390 and only having some missing textures using 64bit exe)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks everyone. We'll continue to investigate.

Glad to hear ZOS is still investigating the crashing issues, but what about the other issues, including character and mount speed reduction across the board and the jumping issues that were also introduced with the patch?
    Edited by ADarklore on March 9, 2016 9:08PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Derthar
    Derthar
    Soul Shriven
    I had the problem after updating TG, crashing immediately after launching the game . I made clean install of ESO that didn't help at all. Still was crashing on launch. I also tried other tips but no help.

I have AMD Radeon 270X, Windows 7 64-bit and i was running AMD driver version 14.12 Omega when crushing occured. I removed the driver using DDU and installed the driver 15.12 Crimson.

Updating the driver helped and the game runs fine now. So i guess that certain GPU drivers might cause problems with ESO even if the GPU supports DirectX 11.
    Edited by Derthar on March 9, 2016 9:13PM
  • Smartbean
    Smartbean
    I also cannot launch the game after pressing play on the launcher.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit, installed DirectX version as displayed in dxdiag is 11.2, my graphics card (which does support DirectX 11) is a AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series with current driver version 15.2 installed.

However, before I get the ESO Crash Report I get a pop up stating (translated) "Cannot find access point of procedure CreateDXGIFactory2 in the DLL-file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll"

Any help with this ZoS?
  • KallistaBlackheart
    KallistaBlackheart
    ✭✭✭
    many random crashes yesterday. none today so far, with about three hours of play so far.
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    Smartbean wrote: »
    I also cannot launch the game after pressing play on the launcher.

Try running the 64bit exe - not the launcher. C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client make a short cut and only use the launcher for updating.
    Edited by Buck on March 9, 2016 10:39PM
  • Ragnarok100ub17_ESO
    My PC meets specs and I crash immediately after hitting play just like everybody else. Doesn't sound like a DirectX issue. I submitted a ticket yesterday and I was told to "repair" my files even though I had tried that several times. I still can't play even after that latest "fix". I'm glad that it seems like they know about it but I'll be happier when they fix it. At least I know it's not just me having problems.