The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crash on Launch after patch

• ixuluub17_ESO
    ixuluub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    it isnt even worth the comment, bye fellow players : /
  • therasia2_ESO
    therasia2_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well it looks like I will not be playing anymore unless I get a new $80.00 power supply and a new GTX card for 145.00 or purchase a new computer. I have played ESO since the BETA as a tester and now after being a subscriber all this time up until now I will not be able to afford these updates needed:( I am not happy with the current game status that has shut so many players out of the game. :(
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    Sa0n wrote: »
    Playing on PC/EU/64bit at the moment without issues. GPU is GT630M from 2011-2012.
    Making sure that the ESO64.exe was using the correct GPU and running as administrator did the trick for me. Eventually.

@Sa0n hey please how i can do it? cannot find an option in Nvidia control panel
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swaggasm wrote: »
    Having this same issue neither 32 or 64bit versions work, crashing as soon as I try and launch either, and I have DirectX 12....

You were able to get on the PTS, though. So something broke between then and now...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Maui_lion
    Maui_lion
    Same issue here as well. Although my computer is a bit older (made in 2009) it could still run the game until this update. Now it crashes upon startup. Everything is up to date AFAIK, C++ and my nvidia drivers.

This is putting quite a damper on my evening, as this is the first MMO in many, many years my boyfriend has found interest in that we can play together and have fun in.
  • del_cabonb14_ESO
    del_cabonb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same problem. I have a little older computer that up until now ran ESO just fine. I have tried everything. My card only supports DX10.

It was a nice run. It's hard to believe the developer would just change course so callously, but so it goes. Perhaps the PS and Xbox people are their new focus. Luckily I was able to cancel my membership before it renewed this month.

Perhaps Ill check back in a few days and see if they plan to address this issue. After that Ill have to move on until I can afford a new computer. By then I will have probably found a new game.
  • Sa0n
    Sa0n
    ✭✭✭
    NerfPlease wrote: »
    Sa0n wrote: »
    Playing on PC/EU/64bit at the moment without issues. GPU is GT630M from 2011-2012.
    Making sure that the ESO64.exe was using the correct GPU and running as administrator did the trick for me. Eventually.

@Sa0n hey please how i can do it? cannot find an option in Nvidia control panel

@NerfPlease In the Nvidia Control Panel, select "Manage 3D-settings" -> "Program settings"
    If you can't find ESO under the droplist, then choose "add."

Game files can usually be found in C:/Program Files (x86)/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online EU (or NA)/game/client/

After you have found the executable, pick "High-performance Nvidia processor" under the second droplist and apply.

Edited by Sa0n on March 8, 2016 9:15AM
    Literally eat my assflaps.

Uninstalled.
    Time wasted: 6 years.
  • Nomen
    Nomen
    ✭✭
    djtzen wrote: »
    Anyone have their issue resolved yet?

I`d resolved my instant-crash problem.I`d completely reinstalled the game(not by repair tool,but by uninstalling and deleting remain files,and using install_ESO.exe after that).
    All is fine now,and even all of my old addons(they ve been saved in basket) work fine.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds as if some ADVANCE WARNING that DirectX 11 would be required to play ESO post-patch would have been a very good thing. As it happens, I might be in luck.

You see, I've been struggling to play ESO since it was in Beta with a computer that does not have a graphics card. As the result, there were lots of things I could not do well. One of them was PvP in Cyrodiil - anybody could kill me because I wasn't looking at the present, but at the 1-2 seconds past. Another: If I was harvesting resource nodes, there'd be times when it sure looked as if I reached a node first, and was bending down to get it, and then another player would come running up and snatch it while I got a BONK sound and the message "Someone else is using that."

But since I have no card, I don't have any OBSOLETE cards. Meaning that I didn't waste USD 300 like most of you guys did. Just updating DirectX on my computer ought to get me back into the game as well as I was ever there, and if I do buy a video card in the future, it'll be my first one.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • NerfPlease
    NerfPlease
    ✭✭✭
    @goatlyonesub17_ESO matter in in DX support by a card

not in the version of directx you have installed
    so probably your internal card will not run ESO anymore

no matter what DX version you have on your PC
  • djtzen
    djtzen
    Soul Shriven
    Nomen wrote: »
    Anyone have their issue resolved yet?

I`d resolved my instant-crash problem.I`d completely reinstalled the game(not by repair tool,but by uninstalling and deleting remain files,and using install_ESO.exe after that).
    All is fine now,and even all of my old addons(they ve been saved in basket) work fine.

Thanks for the response Nomen. Was trying to hold off on a complete reinstall but seems like I have arrived at the last resort, since still no other helpful information or insight given from support.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been searching for a DirectX 11 download link that actually does download DirectX 11. There are apparently a number of wild-goose chases out there, some of which lead you to download... something. One of them seems to be a music player that uses "DirectX 11 Technology."

My current version of DirectX is 10.1. Despite several attempts to upgrade it to DirectX 11, the diagnostic app continues to report that I am using version 10.1.

I haven't been able to play ESO since the servers went down for the update. I still have over 5000 crowns unspent on my account. Money lost, I guess.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My game crash every 2-3 minutes of gameplay, no matter what I'm doing: Looting, fighting or just looking at the pink horses (yes, now the game has pink mounts, pets, even pink plants!)... It's sooo frustrating... :neutral:
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm presently downloading (what I believe to be) an off-line installer for DirectX 11/11.2. In case I get the choice when I run the app after it finishes downloading, which version of DirectX is better for ESO? 11 or 11.2?
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is everyone running DX11? Remember, as of today, we are not supporting DX9 or any graphics cards and operating systems that are not compatible with DirectX 11.

I have both and still cant enter game with crashes when i hit play , i'm also in north amereican server. Its now been 24 hours for me and i'm losing money as a subscriber since release.

• sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been searching for a DirectX 11 download link that actually does download DirectX 11. There are apparently a number of wild-goose chases out there, some of which lead you to download... something. One of them seems to be a music player that uses "DirectX 11 Technology."

My current version of DirectX is 10.1. Despite several attempts to upgrade it to DirectX 11, the diagnostic app continues to report that I am using version 10.1.

I haven't been able to play ESO since the servers went down for the update. I still have over 5000 crowns unspent on my account. Money lost, I guess.

If you have dx 10 it means most propably your card cant handle dx 11 - you cant download just dx 11 at all you download direct x software.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Msg received 2-3 sec after hitting play from launcher or trying to load game from exe's in game folder.

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.2.3.5.1278414
    branch = live
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = startup
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2016-03-07T22:33:58.607Z
    client.timestamp = 2016-03-07T22:33:59.364Z -frme 0-
    cpu.arch = 0
    cpu.count = 4
    cpu.level = 16
    cpu.type = 586
    exe.buildnum = 1278414
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    mem.system_physical = 4094
    os.osbits = 64
    os.platform = windows
    os.version = 6.0.6002.
    ptime = 1
    reportfield.ver = 3
    version.major = 2
    version.patch = 3
    version.subpatch = 5

Except for the time, my crash report is exactly the same.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lack of response is amazing. These guys at ZOS must vote for Trump.

Ha! "Hey players! YOU'RE FIRED!"
    What a hoot.
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using DX11.3, my card support DX11, I've tried to launch admin, repair, etc but the game can't start anymore ...

Thx ZOS.
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    TOS:

ZeniMax may patch, update, or modify a Service at any time with or without notice to You. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ZeniMax has no obligation to make available any patches, updates or modifications or correct any errors or defects in the Services. ZeniMax makes no guarantees about the persistence or availability of any user names or other personas at any time and assumes no liability for lost or deleted Account data. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), You agree that ZeniMax will not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform, any loss of Content (including, but not limited to, User-Generated Content and Downloadable Content), and/or Account data (including, but not limited to, Character data) resulting from any causes whatsoever. ZeniMax reserves the right to offer new Services, change and/or discontinue certain Services at any time in its sole discretion.

EULA:

The Game is a Service offered by ZeniMax and is only playable online. A persistent Internet connection (which is not supplied by ZeniMax) is required to play the Game. The Game Client alone without a persistent Internet connection does not give you the right or ability to play the Game. You are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with acquiring any hardware, software (e.g., Internet browsers) or other products or services required to play the Game.

We've gotten into the habit of bleeping over stuff like this because 99 times out of 100 nobody yanks the rug out from under us.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24 hours and nothing, this is what DLC brings don't do anymore its just worse and worse.
    Was chatting in game over weekend and everyone was excited for thieves guild but also dreading all the problems that was coming with it.
    Saddest part they fix it in time and move on like nothing except a empty apology.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on March 8, 2016 1:08PM
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »
    If you have dx 10 it means most propably your card cant handle dx 11 - you cant download just dx 11 at all you download direct x software.
    I don't have a video card in my computer. The motherboard processes the video. It's slow (of course). I have been having to play on minimum resolution. Even then, there are times when I can't play, and there are in-game situations that I have to avoid (like mass combat areas or crowded places where people keep spamming spells). But I've been getting by with a reduced game experience that has nevertheless, and up until now, been worth what I've been paying for it.

I have one hope left, and that is to download an offline DirectX 11 update installer. It's 572 MB in size, and you can find it here:

http://offlineinstallersoft.blogspot.com/2014/04/downlaod-directx-91011112-offline.html

If this doesn't work, then ESO will be a thing of the past for me.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep seeing problems with players not being able to log in on EU servers so are your ignoring NA players with same problem?
  • kaliduss
    kaliduss
    ✭✭
    My card is not compatible with dx11 and i cant buy a new one. If Zos wants to force us, i dont want to play the game. Theres a lot of games which we can play. And im not buying a game from Zos anymore until they fix this. Cya!
  • Avianographer
    Avianographer
    ✭✭
    There is quite a lot of misinformation from users in this thread regarding the age of certain technologies.

DirectX 11 was released to market on October 22, 2009. It is compatible with all Windows operating systems since Windows Vista (which required a feature update to support it).

All ATI Radeon HD 5000-series cards and later AMD-branded cards support DirectX 11. These were released in 2009.

All Nvidia GeForce 400-series cards and later (with the noted exception of the GeForce 405 which was OEM-only) support DirectX 11. These were released in 2010.

Those who are submitting issues regarding their GeForce 9800 GT should realize that you are using a video card that is almost eight years old (July 2008). ZeniMax shouldn't have to think twice about dropping support for a card that old.
  • marten_philip
    marten_philip
    ✭✭✭
    Is everyone running DX11? Remember, as of today, we are not supporting DX9 or any graphics cards and operating systems that are not compatible with DirectX 11.

You're now forcing people, to upgrade their hardware in order to play the game?
    Which they were guaranteed to be able to play up-on purchase?

This actually sounds like a first degree of false advertisement.

As my purchased retail copy of ESO clearly states that I don't need dx11 in order to play.

Nor have I been fully instructed nor warned that this would changed.

A serious case of customer unfriendly services.

Hench e the reason why blizzard is still the leading company in the mmo franchise.
    As for they don't force major hardware upgrades in order to play, in fact they make new graphical changes optional and allow you too chose in between old and new graphical lay-out.

So my question to you who represents the company.

Is what will you do now that you've practically scammed your way in to people buying a non functional product under false pretense?
  • gefstyle
    gefstyle
    ✭✭✭
    How about remove the new DLC, refund the people that payed for it and go back to the drawing board so you can realase lets say by next year a proper version of it.
  • Avianographer
    Avianographer
    ✭✭
    @marten_philip, you gave ZeniMax this authority when you agreed to their Terms of Service.

"ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be available at all times, in all countries and/or all geographic locations, at any given time, or that ZeniMax will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You."
  • marten_philip
    marten_philip
    ✭✭✭
    FakeAlGore wrote: »
    @marten_philip, you gave ZeniMax this authority when you agreed to their Terms of Service.

"ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be available at all times, in all countries and/or all geographic locations, at any given time, or that ZeniMax will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You."

My coppy clearely states that I can play the game on dx 9 and 10. Do you want me to provide a photo? I can even walk up in to the shop and make a photo of any current offered product in the stalls. whom also clearely state that the product support dx9 and 10. It's a promise and marketing detail they use.

Which no longer is valid in other words false marketing, aka illegal. aka still printed on the boxes.
    Aka a promise made to all who bought it.

Edited by marten_philip on March 8, 2016 3:38PM
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using a GeForce 460 GTX that support DX11 (and I have DX11.3) but I'm still crashing at launch :'(
    Edited by ZigoSid on March 8, 2016 3:46PM