The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Feedback Thread for 64-bit Client

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    64 worknig fine on windows 7 but crashing often upon using wayshrines.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Client still does not start for windows 10...
    Edited by Derra on February 16, 2016 3:06PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Derra wrote: »

Yep, we're aware and it's listed in the known issues in the patch notes. We don't have a fix for this in 2.3.2, but are still working on it. In the meantime, please just use the 32-bit client instead.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    iMac 21.5-inch, Late 2012
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
    OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

Testing things on low par settings, and I've noticed, if you have Shadow Quality set to off, you get ghost frames interlacing on top of the current rendering.

Update:

The canvas clears itself whenever I move with the movement keys, but when I hold still, and move the camera, that is when the frames draw and don't clear.

Eww looks so ugly get a Windows pc for 800$ and run it on ultra 60fps like me!
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hey Gina, any update on this? Would love to try it out on windows 10!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    No updates on this yet. We're still working on fixing the issues specific to Windows 8 and 10, and will let you all know as soon as it's available.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about the lower FPS issue? On PTS the FPS is lower than live.
  • Wolfster
    Wolfster
    ✭✭✭
    So the weird 5FPS bug on the Mac client has something to do with having a bow equipped.

Swap to daggers, 30+fps on maxed settings. Bow, 4-5 FPS on minimum settings. It might be something to do with the shader effect on the bowstring? It looks kinda wrong.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfster wrote: »
    So the weird 5FPS bug on the Mac client has something to do with having a bow equipped.

Swap to daggers, 30+fps on maxed settings. Bow, 4-5 FPS on minimum settings. It might be something to do with the shader effect on the bowstring? It looks kinda wrong.
    Interesting find. Holding the bow in idle animation, my FPS drop to 9. Drawing the bow and holding it for a heavy attack, FPS go up to 36 (vsync off). Most likely a shader issue, indeed. Bow and bowstring look funny only when in attack position (high FPS), normal when idling (low FPS).

Edit: system specs.
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on February 20, 2016 9:27AM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there is a real FPS issue with this client. Not to mention the SLI issues and the overall bad game performance. I really, really, really hope there is a lot of testing before this hits the live servers.
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    well how are they going to even know of all the bugs, when even the submit bug report CRASHES the game
    PBDyySv.jpg
    and at nothing less then with voice over for the main DLC quest giver not working!

You do test these things before putting it on the public PTS, yes?
  • Gorak
    Gorak
    ✭✭✭
    Client won't launch on my Mac. It freezes at the beginning of the opening credits.
    Also when I force quit, I get no error information. :(

n0oq5nb4zhaw.png

ux3e5nnxpnky.png

Edited by Gorak on February 21, 2016 8:35PM
    I want a raven avatar, please.
    PC NA; DC ftw
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @epicenvoyub17_ESO ,

could you please try to edit your UserSettings.txt file located in your profile in folder
    ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/pts?

There should be two lines which, when set to 1, will prevent the logo vids from being played:
    SET SkipPregameVideos "1"
    SET HasPlayedPregameVideo "1"

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No updates on this yet. We're still working on fixing the issues specific to Windows 8 and 10, and will let you all know as soon as it's available.

Fingers crossed as we all know what´s going to happen if the 64-bit client goes live without testing - uh oh.
    <Noricum>

• Wolfster
    Wolfster
    ✭✭✭
    As the patch notes mentioned frame rate improvements I figured I'd check; the Mac client still has a problem with an equipped bow except for when you hold the bow fully drawn. The bowstring still looks kinda funky but I have no way to prove the two are connected.

It's already stated but for clarity, the framerate drops to almost nothing, and I've only been able to reproduce the weirdness with a bow but I haven't exactly done exhaustive testing.

This will make playing an archer virtually impossible on the Mac if it isn't given some attention but there's no official acknowledgement yet that I'm aware of.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why when i launch 64-bit client i have some weird background sounds in-game including often white noise.
  • Dragnelus
    Dragnelus
    ✭✭✭
    64 still doesmt wotk on w10 and 32 fps is even lower for some reason
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭

In the 64-bit client graphics worse than the client 32-bit
    64-bit Client
    q_WV_wUPf1g.jpg
    32-bit Client
    l33Q4nd3Zb8.jpg
  • KaneBunce
    KaneBunce
    KNOWN ISSUES
    General
    • Please continue to refrain from using the 64-bit client for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 while we continue to work on outstanding issues with those clients.
    Yeap, it definately needs to be delayed until 2.4 or the entirety of 2.3 delayed for several weeks now. Otherwise there is simply no way for it to get properly testing before launch. Please do not even consider launching the 64 bit client without the delay. The Windows 7 testing alone is not enough. It needs proper testing on Windows 8 and 10 as well. And please do not consider releasing it with the current warning of only using it on 7 and not 8/10. Finally, please do not release it on schedule with a fix and suggesting Windows 7 Compatability Mode until you are sure it works well on 8 and 10.

Doing either of those will result in people creating a lot of bad PR that you don't want. I would not want to see it happen, but it will if you stuff things up like that.
    Edited by KaneBunce on February 23, 2016 9:16PM
    "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole." - Wizard's 9th Rule.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Yep, we're aware and it's listed in the known issues in the patch notes. We don't have a fix for this in 2.3.2, but are still working on it. In the meantime, please just use the 32-bit client instead.

Serious question: Was the 64-bit client tested on a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 machine before it was made available to download.

Are all of the developers running Windows 7, and just didn't bother to test it on a different OS? Very curious. Please lend some insight into the testing/QA process.
    Edited by Sallington on February 23, 2016 9:16PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are already over 200 million people running Windows 10. Not a good idea to release a bugged client for it.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/01/04/windows-10-now-active-on-over-200-million-devices/
    :trollin:
  • KaneBunce
    KaneBunce
    There are already over 200 million people running Windows 10. Not a good idea to release a bugged client for it.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/01/04/windows-10-now-active-on-over-200-million-devices/

This is especially true when you consider how quickly Windows 10 got to so many installs. It is the fastest growing version of Windows 10, beating out Windows 7 for that record. So, it is crucial for a businesses's interests for software to be tested on 10 and not just 7. Especially since the above figure will be out of date by now given how fast 10 is growing. In fact 10 will soon overtake 7's install base among Steam users.
    Edited by KaneBunce on February 25, 2016 7:38PM
    "A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole." - Wizard's 9th Rule.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Good news everyone, we should have this up and running in next week's PTS incremental patch! We look forward to getting your feedback on this new client, and thanks again for your patience while we worked through the original issues.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    c835b052306a475e7f1321fd515e638f.jpg
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news everyone, we should have this up and running in next week's PTS incremental patch! We look forward to getting your feedback on this new client, and thanks again for your patience while we worked through the original issues.

This is amazing i can't wait for monday!
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can only hope that ZOS learned from this lesson...in future it would be great to test with other operating systems(win 8 & 10) than just with windows 7.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope they have looked into the SLI issues with WIN 7.
  • KaneBunce
    KaneBunce

That will be just one week of testing for WIndows 8 and 10! That will NOT be enough testing for Windows 8 and 10. Period.

Please, please, please delay the release of the 64 bit client until either 2.4 or an live server incremental so that we can test it properly. The Windows 7 testing is NOT enough to be sure it will work well on 8 and 10. Those two have a lot of changes to underlying systems afterall, especially 10.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seravi wrote: »
    I just hope they have looked into the SLI issues with WIN 7.

SLI is mostly an Nvidia thing. If the game engine supports it at all it´s on nvidia to provide a profile for their drivers.
    <Noricum>

• sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is they will release the 64 bit client like normal when the DLC launches, but they will not set the launcher to use it on x64 systems until a few incremental patches. That way people that want to use it can manually launch it and still test it, but it wont launch by default on x64 systems till later.
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on February 25, 2016 8:47PM
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant