The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Official Feedback Thread for 64-bit Client

• Lunachik
    Lunachik
    ✭✭✭
    Win 7 user here. I had no issues with the 64 bit client. I did get a noticeable, even tho small, ( I'll take it) , improvement in performance. PTS is very poor performance wise for me in comparison to the live game, so it actually makes the testing environment easier for me to participate it. If these improvements carry over to the live server , I'll be quite pleased.
    **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only had a brief chance to test it so far (in Cyrodiil near Chalman Keep). What I noticed is that my frame rate still drops from time to time, but seemed to come back up again very quickly. Previously, my frame rate would drop from 30-40fps down to around 10fps near large battles and stay down for a long time. Sometimes required /reloadui or restarting the game to improve frame rate. During session with 64-bit client, it seemed to stay around 30fps, occasionally dropping to 10 but quickly coming back up again.

There were not very many other players in Cyrodiil at the time, so I'll try again later, but I'd say overall using skills / weapon swap in the middle of combat seemed to be more responsive, and a lot less frame rate drops.

Crashed twice over the course of about 45 minutes - once just after dying and a second time in the middle of a battle with a few players around. Some pink (missing) textures, perhaps because my graphics card has only 1GB vram, but it doesn't seem to happen on live server.
    Win 7 Home Premium 64, i7-820QM, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 1GB AMD 5830 Mobility Radeon
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on February 14, 2016 2:15AM
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super nice, no crashes. No lags. No hangs in cyro, yet. Got up to 3gb ram usage. Looking forward to using it in zerg fest.

I run win7 pro 64bit. i930,24gb ram,gtx970. If that helps anyone.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else running SLI? I have two cards yet the second card is only using 8% while the first card works it's tail off. The second card never goes over 8% regardless of idle or in combat causing the first card to basically act like it's the only card running.

System specs:

Intel i7-5960X CPU
    Corsair H110i GTX Extreme CPU Liquid Cooler
    32GB RAM
    (2) EVGA GTX980Ti Classified ACX 2.0+(SLI)
    850 EVO Pro OS & Game SSD drives
    SeaSonic Platinum Series 1200W PSU
    Windows 7 x64 SP1

32-bit Client standing idle in Haw's:
    DgWo55P.jpg?1

64-bit Client standing idle in the exact spot in Haw's:
    g8maDtU.jpg?1
    Edited by Seravi on February 12, 2016 2:11PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    64bit client works well for me since I am on Win7 BUT it seems to be incompatible with newly built-in scrolling combat text.
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the 64-bit Client. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes:
    • If you used the 64-bit client, did you find it worked ok?
    • Did you crash while using this client? If so, how often?
    • Did you notice anything peculiar?
    • Did you run into any issues when using /feedback or /bug?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

Windows 7 - 64 bit
    • Quite ok but for two issues.
    • No, I've never crashed.
    • - When using mouse to look around when still or when moving (pressing W), I had often issues: the axis was fixed - stuck just in one direction and it was not possible turn around or look around like usually. In these situations sometimes the central reticulate-viewfinder disappeared. I tested this also with the 32 bit client but it doesn't happen.
      - I had once a random huge FPS drop from 60-70 to 8-15 (I was still in the Thieves' den so not even in combat), after 5-10 seconds FPS were back to 60-70. I experience the same also on live server sometimes since Imperial City patch. Before IC I didn't have this problem. I tested it with two different computers (one with Windows 7 + ATI GPU + not high end hardware, the other one with Windows 10 + Nvidia GPU + high end hardware) and the huge random FPS drop is significant on both computers, even if more a problem with the first one.
    • No, just characters are too limited to provide some complete - long feedbacks.
    • I gain more FPS using the 64 bit client, even if in Abah's Landing the FPS are usually a lot lower than other areas in game. I experienced this both on 32 and 64 bit client. Considering that on live server there will be more players around, this can become a problem.
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seravi wrote: »
    Anyone else running SLI? I have two cards yet the second card is only using 8% while the first card works it's tail off. The second card never goes over 8% regardless of idle or in combat causing the first card to basically act like it's the only card running.

System specs:

Intel i7-5960X CPU
    32GB RAM
    Windows 7 x64 SP1

32-bit Client standing idle in Haw's:
    DgWo55P.jpg?1

64-bit Client standing idle in the exact spot in Haw's:
    g8maDtU.jpg?1

I honestly don't know much about SLI but I do know NVIDIA recognizes .exe programs by name and it may not know the eso64.exe file name and so does not know to apply the eso.exe sli profile to it.

I might suggest renaming eso64.exe to eso.exe and see if that helps. Be sure to change the 32 bit eso.exe to eso.exe.old or something. ie.back stuff up before you make changes. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU LISTENING TO ME! lol.
    Edited by danno8 on February 12, 2016 2:47PM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL thanks for the info. I tried that. I always set up a profile for each game. Nothing seems to help right now. Still working on a few settings to see if it makes a difference. I have one for the live server, one for the 32-bit PTS server and one for the 64-bit PTS server. Just odd it sees the card yet it won't use it properly. Will see how it goes after they update it.
  • louweezi2preub18_ESO
    Is @Xiana the only one that's been able to successfully launch the 64-bit client? Anyone else?

I'm running eso64.exe from directory w/no problems of any kind. Using Win 7 Pro (64 bit) everything updated. Haven't noticed much difference beyond game seems to run smoother & load screens shorter.
  • leo2kp_ESO
    leo2kp_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    System specs:

Intel i7-5960X CPU
    32GB RAM
    Windows 7 x64 SP1

The 64-bit client is not running properly with SLI. Card #1 uses 40% and card #2 uses 8-10% idle, aka just standing still. If I take her into combat with NPC's card #1 works it's tail off. There is no balance what so ever and it is causing #1 to run temps of 78 degrees while card #2 is 35 degrees.

I run SLI on the 32-bit live server and even in PVP, heavy combat and hours of playing the load is well balanced between both cards as well as the temps. My cards never go over 68 degrees. Nothing I change in the SLI settings will balance the load.

Honestly I'm surprised that it even registers on two 980ti cards. I have a single 980 SuperClocked and I never go above 50% utilization with my average being between 30 and 40%, all options at max at 1080p. CPU load, however, is 100% on one core and like 5-10% on the rest (6-core i7 970 @ 4GHz, 12 threads). The 64-bit client should resolve the CPU load balance problem.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leo2kp_ESO wrote: »
    System specs:

Intel i7-5960X CPU
    32GB RAM
    Windows 7 x64 SP1

The 64-bit client is not running properly with SLI. Card #1 uses 40% and card #2 uses 8-10% idle, aka just standing still. If I take her into combat with NPC's card #1 works it's tail off. There is no balance what so ever and it is causing #1 to run temps of 78 degrees while card #2 is 35 degrees.

I run SLI on the 32-bit live server and even in PVP, heavy combat and hours of playing the load is well balanced between both cards as well as the temps. My cards never go over 68 degrees. Nothing I change in the SLI settings will balance the load.

Honestly I'm surprised that it even registers on two 980ti cards. I have a single 980 SuperClocked and I never go above 50% utilization with my average being between 30 and 40%, all options at max at 1080p. CPU load, however, is 100% on one core and like 5-10% on the rest (6-core i7 970 @ 4GHz, 12 threads). The 64-bit client should resolve the CPU load balance problem.

Yeah my CPU is fine and the 32 runs great SLI. Heck even Skyrim runs like a dream on SLI. :) Guess that is why I was so shocked at what I am running into with the 64. Since there is obviously something wrong since so many can't use it, I will wait and let them patch it and see how it goes after that.
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm running W10 pro 64 bit and Eso 64 bit won't launch. Any suggestion?
    CP 2120+Lord Yakhin- Magicka NB - High Elf - DC Jack Templar - Stamina Templar - Dark Elf - DC Darth Morbius - Stamina Sorcerer - Dark Elf - DC Bloody Merril - Stamina Vampire NB - Redguard - DC Master Kun - Stamina DK - Redguard - DC Exarch Kun - Magicka Vampire NB - High Elf - DC Ace Bollah - Stamina Warden - Dark Elf - DC Icy Jack - Stamina Warden - Nord - DC Prior Tedas - Stamina NB - High Elf - DC 10 traits Woodworker - lvl 50 Enchanter - lvl 50 Alchemist - 10 traits Clothier & Smither - 10 traits jewelcrafterProud member of the Band of Daggers - www.bandofdaggers.eu
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Install Win7 x64. It works there. Wait till next week patch. Atm the client is bugged.
    Edited by deleted008293 on February 12, 2016 10:37PM
  • Adraeus
    Adraeus
    When is the x64 client going live? Next week?
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    x64 will go live with the tg dlc. atm you can test it on pts... monday patch might fix issues with client not starting... fingers crossed
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    same here for 64 bit pc - i have windows 10 updated - last video-audio etc.. nothing happen when I click on eso64.exe
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    WINDOWS 10 64 pc as well. Nothing happens when trying to load from .exe in pts folder. I've tried running as Admin as well as in various compatibility modes. Also downloaded the C++ 2010 I saw suggested in another thread.
    i5 4690k / Nvidia GTX760 .

Any anticipated fix?
    PC/NA

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    nordmarian wrote: »
    x64 will go live with the tg dlc. atm you can test it on pts... monday patch might fix issues with client not starting... fingers crossed

Unfortunately we won't have a fix for the 64-bit client with our next patch. We know what the problem is, but just haven't finished implementing the fix yet. Sorry, guys. We'll let you know as soon as it'll be fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately we won't have a fix for the 64-bit client with our next patch. We know what the problem is, but just haven't finished implementing the fix yet. Sorry, guys. We'll let you know as soon as it'll be fixed.

So we will only have 1 week before the 64 bit client is pushed to live server to test it give feedback and bug reports about stability and performance? Some how i don't think this is going to end well at all.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »

So we will only have 1 week before the 64 bit client is pushed to live server to test it give feedback and bug reports about stability and performance? Some how i don't think this is going to end well at all.

The 64-bit client will not be delivered to Windows players when the Update goes live. It will come in an incremental update 1 or 2 weeks later.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Alferino
    Alferino
    ✭✭

By this do you mean how i can not launch the PTS, i crash on launch
    If it goes to live and i cant even open live you will have one very very angry alfie, and probably alot of angry angry people
    how can we test if alot of people keep crashing on launch?
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »

Not necessarily. They could still push the DLC to live servers without the 64 bit client but continue testing it on PTS.
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    Mac user here (10.11.3, iMac 5k with Radeon 295X 4GB)

some missing shades (at least at the very beginning)
    J5x6yql.png

and bad moire effects with shadows at ultra when it's raining
    QWYD1OC.png
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mac user here (10.11.3, iMac 5k with Radeon 295X 4GB)

some missing shades (at least at the very beginning)
    J5x6yql.png

Noticed this as well, some armor textures were pink (missing) for a while until I died and respawned.

• deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also noticed this if i play the game on opengl on pc.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to fathom that there aren't people testing and developing on Windows 10 machines. Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 over a year ago...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to fathom that there aren't people testing and developing on Windows 10 machines. Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 over a year ago...

I would guess they test on Windows versions newer than 7, but I would not turn away the Windows counterpart of @chris.dillman if they wanted to pop in here and tell us what's up with the Windows client.

Edit. Dillman has the perfect anti-spam forum name. Feel sorry for poor "Chris" but he has not logged in for a while. Hopefully, he has notifications turned off. :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on February 14, 2016 8:34PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Install Win7 x64. It works there. Wait till next week patch. Atm the client is bugged.

Ummm not everyone has windows 7.... I had to buy windows 10 since i has vista on my old rig..... hopefully they will have it fixed before it goes live or I am screwed.... :p
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not true, support for Windows 7 doesn't fully end until 2020. It will very likely remain the dominant OS for some time yet, quite possibly even beyond 2020 if MS don't address the privacy and update issues currently holding back a lot of people from Windows 10.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Been meaning to upgrade, just need to stop procrastinating and set aside some time to do it. Currently 64 bit client is not working for anyone with Win 10?