Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good job zos broke overload with today's incremental

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys, here's The Plan(tm)

Tonight during the European megaserver maintenance, we will roll out the fix for Overload. Note that doing so may extend maintenance a bit since we're doing the regular maintenance along with the hotfix at the same time. As this issue was originally tied to the fix for dodge rolling not charging the proper amount of stamina, that fix will not be applied.

Tomorrow at 10am EST, we will apply the hotfix for the North American megaserver. This will require downtime, though not as long as a regular maintenance. As with the EU hotfix, this will fix Overload but will remove the fix for dodge rolling until we can get that straightened out.

As mentioned previously, this will not be an issue with the console incremental patches this week.

Thanks for your understanding, all.
    Sorry to be the one to say, but this has me very confused and a little frustrated, while I do support fixing this ASAP it makes me wonder

This gets fixed almost instantly and gets high priority over other fixes. What about Khajiit Crit Passive being broken or what about Templar Toppling Charge or what about Radiant Oppression not working, bleed damage for axes working with steel tornado and so forth

Why can't we put priority on those class breaking skills like we're doing with Sorcerer Overload, those bugs have made several players quit as it has been ignored for months.
    Can I ask, why does this get fixed and we still have to wait for those other fixes for a major update to roll out before we see any sort of fixing to them?
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 26, 2016 3:12AM
    #MOREORBS
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol.. sorc skill is screwed and they go trough hell to fix it.. but all that other skills that never worked propper just don't matter.
    Rip dk & templar, no love for you guys
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we have to wait until tomorrow for the fix? If it's small, release it asap.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do we have to wait until tomorrow for the fix? If it's small, release it asap.

The EU megaserver is down right now for the patch install, which will take a few hours. The XBOX servers are getting their patch after that. They are pretty busy over the next 12 hours or so and it will take 2-3 hours to apply this fix.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • YoloWizard
    YoloWizard
    ✭✭✭
    YoloWizard wrote: »
    YoloWizard wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Garwulf wrote: »
    Overload light attack 14k ...good to see it off the table for a while.....

This skill is SO easy to counter(s&b Reflect skill for non-DK classes works magic; also dodging - one roll dodge makes like 3 Overload attacks miss in my experience) its biggest use in PvP literally is that 3rd bar, in my experience. And right now I don't even have that>.<
    You know what else is easy to counter and does the same amount of damage or less? Meteor

so?
    One costs 200 the other costs 33
    for one cast that does more damage than the initial hit of the other.

Your argument saying it's easily countered doesn't mean anything, it's still stronger than a 200 costing ultimate and it needs to be changed accordingly

Give me spammable class skill and Standard-like ultimate then take Overload, other than that its just sending Sorc down to where templars are. And if that happens I wouldn't mind as long as PVE DK gets nerfed too (to actually balance classes in PVE). Overload is what makes Sorc on same level as DK
    We wouldn't even be where Templars are though because at least they have heals.

In terms for DPS I mean

Honestly what skill would they replace to give you a spammable dps skill? Only one I would even consider is dark conversion or whatever but I know tons of people who still use that. In terms of class skills sorcs have one of the strongest line ups in the game. An execute, most powerful dots in the game, an unblockable undodgeable instant cast ability, a magicka increase toggle, best damage shield in the game, an escape, a huge burst damage stun ability, a great root ability, a protective unblockable stun that doesn't break on dots. I don't want to see sorcs with a class skill like banner because then it would just feel like a dk and I like the class uniqueness and maybe they change atro of something where it gives the 20% dmg buff to you and the Synergizer other than that I wouldn't want to see a dot ability that gives a dmg buff.

Most of them are great for PVP, the only skill line thats actually useful for PVE is storm calling. Only 2 skills from the other 2 skill lines that is actually useful. Keep things as it is but don't touch Overload then ;).
    RETIRED

World First Vet Maw Of Lorkhaj Clear
    World First Vet Halls of Fabrication Clear
    World First Vet Asylum Sanctorium +2 Clear

World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (YT)
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    One thing I know - what's ruining the immersion of ESO for me isn't Zenimax or bugs. It's those whiners on this forum that keep whining, mocking and moaning and playing this game in Tamriel with me. Fortunately, the spoiled brats are vocal minority.

Fanboy much?
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about the set bonus bug? Not many know about that one. The one that gives the last bonus without having the last piece.
    Edited by RatedChaotic on January 26, 2016 5:25AM
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tonight during the European megaserver maintenance, we will roll out the fix for Overload. Note that doing so may extend maintenance a bit since we're doing the regular maintenance along with the hotfix at the same time. As this issue was originally tied to the fix for dodge rolling not charging the proper amount of stamina, that fix will not be applied.

Tomorrow at 10am EST, we will apply the hotfix for the North American megaserver. This will require downtime, though not as long as a regular maintenance. As with the EU hotfix, this will fix Overload but will remove the fix for dodge rolling until we can get that straightened out.

As mentioned previously, this will not be an issue with the console incremental patches this week.

Sorry to be the one to say, but this has me very confused and a little frustrated, while I do support fixing this ASAP it makes me wonder

This gets fixed almost instantly and gets high priority over other fixes. What about Khajiit Crit Passive being broken or what about Templar Toppling Charge or what about Radiant Oppression not working, bleed damage for axes working with steel tornado and so forth

Why can't we put priority on those class breaking skills like we're doing with Sorcerer Overload, those bugs have made several players quit as it has been ignored for months.
    Can I ask, why does this get fixed and we still have to wait for those other fixes for a major update to roll out before we see any sort of fixing to them?

Most likely fixed because, undoing a change (like the one that caused this) is much easier to do than it is to fix a deep rooted bug that they may not be sure what the cause is.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Hm, that one fix can make another fix not to be applied, sounds to me either like a real mess in the game code or a real mess in the way fixes are sheduled. How can this possible be, that dodge rolling has anything to do with "overload" in a way that the fix for dodge rolling cannot be put live?- Sounds like the fix for dodge rolling was not ready to go live to me, which means, it would not have been tested whatsoever, if it would have been done in time - but so the "overload" fix is rolled out and there is no time for fixing dodge roll resp. testing the fix properly. That is how this statement sounds to me and both is not providing confidence in the way fixes are applied and quality tested. Is dodge roll fix not applied, because there was no time to do and test it properly because of the "overload" fix?- Is there just a couple of guys working in that department so that this department is unable to do 2 fixes in parallel?-.This makes me really worried about the financial health of the game.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, do patches get checked or tested before being applied? :smile:

We do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.

Leave it as it is pls... it would make pvp more enjoyable.
    Dont u dare fix it!
    Edited by Mumyo on January 26, 2016 7:17AM
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    For god's sakes. Bosses get stronger and stronger, sorcerers can barely compete with other classes and now the only thing that saves us during boss battles is screwed after a patch that, according to the notes, didn't even touch this skill.

Sometimes I'm afraid to even imagine the programming of this game...

You must be fun to do dungeons with if you can't do boss fights without overload...

Honestly, (magicka) sorcs have been pretty much on par with other classes since 1.6. That was 1 year ago. Yes, overload + kena are a nice thing to have, but you can do any content with medium attack, force pulse, liquid lightning, thundering presence and your choice of other damage skills.

PS: My main is a magicka sorc.

Yes sorc is the top class other than nightblade. In PvP or PvE. Im sure people should use soul strike. If overload is bugged. :D
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can u guys do us a favor and break Wrecking Blow next week?
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7SKxDMP.jpg
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on January 26, 2016 7:54AM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For god's sakes. Bosses get stronger and stronger, sorcerers can barely compete with other classes and now the only thing that saves us during boss battles is screwed after a patch that, according to the notes, didn't even touch this skill.

You must be fun to do dungeons with if you can't do boss fights without overload...

Honestly, (magicka) sorcs have been pretty much on par with other classes since 1.6. That was 1 year ago. Yes, overload + kena are a nice thing to have, but you can do any content with medium attack, force pulse, liquid lightning, thundering presence and your choice of other damage skills.

Yes sorc is the top class other than nightblade. In PvP or PvE. Im sure people should use soul strike. If overload is bugged. :D

Anyone who thinks sorc will come close to a DK in a grp setting without overlol is being delusional.
    You´ll be a bit behind NBs too - without offering any utility.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Anyone who thinks sorc will come close to a DK in a grp setting without overlol is being delusional.
    I see what you did there :trollface:

• daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing reaction time, thanks! But please please please can we have any news regarding the other bugs affecting overload?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

I don´t like the ability myself. It´s the epitome of cheese.

However it´s a core component of the sorc class in it´s current state. I really hope with thieves guild and some class ability redesign we will get a rework of sorc DPS to be competetive without overload along with a rework of overload to be less cheesy.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mcwoods55 wrote: »
    Im a vr16 sorc and Don't even use overload and can and have soloed 90% of original game and Wrothgar (minus new world bosses which were fun!) So I guess you need to learn to adapt right now :)

The skill hasn't been nerfed. It was accidentally broken. Why should anyone learn to adapt? Zos should learn to test things before a patch goes live.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 26, 2016 9:09AM
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭

sorcs can barely compete with other classes??? you must be a really bad sorc... in most grps iv seen in the past 3 months or so the sorcs have been doing the most dmg... usually 20k+
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • LadyScarlett
    LadyScarlett
    ✭✭
    So I am not alone, there is comfort in that. I don't depend on Overload but it is nice to have for backup.
    Mara's sweaty thong..........this is inconvenient. :/
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, do patches get checked or tested before being applied? :smile:

Even though this was kind of a snarky question, we do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.

that answer is just not accaptable and shows an imo very bad development cycle.just do one dungeon with 4 people every class and go and try pvp for 2 seconds this whole stuff would be found out that you do 0 functionality check on your game is highly disturbing and as a developer i can only tell you no software should be released without an integration test.

yeah because the stuff they find they obviously leave in?!!?!

im not reading 8 pages of this nonsense. its one skill. okay vMA is slightly harder this week whoopdie do ADAPT OR DIE
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

I don´t like the ability myself. It´s the epitome of cheese.

However it´s a core component of the sorc class in it´s current state. I really hope with thieves guild and some class ability redesign we will get a rework of sorc DPS to be competetive without overload along with a rework of overload to be less cheesy.

sth i hope for for nearly 2 years now :disappointed:
    Robotmafia wrote: »

sorcs can barely compete with other classes??? you must be a really bad sorc... in most grps iv seen in the past 3 months or so the sorcs have been doing the most dmg... usually 20k+

but thats because of overlol - without it sorcs bring the lowest dps beside heal temps to the field while offering no positive side effects on top (like insane NB offheal)
    Edited by Tankqull on January 26, 2016 9:55AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets not mince words here either...

The only reason this is getting fixed over night (if it does get fixed) is because all of the PvE'ers are crying so hard about their precious trials and crap like that...

If it was something only affecting PvP, it would not even be looked at ...
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭

Dude, its because it makes the cry-baby PvE'ers not able to complete trials and crap like that easily, that's why...

Those other things only affect PvP or at the very least they BENEFIT PvE'ers, if it were a negative, it would be fixed STAT...

"Here at ZOS, we believe quality is second to placating the cry babies."

I wish I was only being sarcastic...
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty valid concern. Why does the Sorcerer class come with previledges that the Templar class doesn't?
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »

Even though this was kind of a snarky question, we do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.

that answer is just not accaptable and shows an imo very bad development cycle.just do one dungeon with 4 people every class and go and try pvp for 2 seconds this whole stuff would be found out that you do 0 functionality check on your game is highly disturbing and as a developer i can only tell you no software should be released without an integration test.

I dont think 10 or 50 people checking out patches will be able to find every broken or bugged thing in the game.
    Some stuff just happens in certain situations/dungeons/areas/skillsetting/equipment-setting/races/classes/and so on.

But i gotta say: breaking an ultimate completly so its not working at all and not noticing that....thats something.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    It's nice to see that sorcs are gonna get overload fixed soon enough and I really really appreciate the fast and open communication regarding this matter, but that leaves me wondering why not every ability (and passive) is being treated the same way as Overload right now? Looking at templar charge, wings, carnage and whatever else there that is not working as intended. Is that stuff not important enough? Or have you given up on even trying to fix it? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Because we LITERALLY cannot use it AT ALL. Stop comparing it to every ability that at least functions albeit even if it's broken.

How about you just chill for once? You have been crying around in this topic the loudest and I don't want to hear an answer from you anyway, because I know you will shut down everyone who is not 100% in team "fix overload my immersion is broken and screw everything else because it's not important". For other people those skills are as important as overload for sorcs, it deserves the same amount of dedication. However, what we get is the promise of getting crap fixed in the next major update, which usually results in no fix at all. See the frustration here? I have a sorc as well and I am glad it gets a fix so fast. But I want to see the same being done for every other skill that is broken. It's only fair to ask for that.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thornen wrote: »
    How the hell does incorrect stamina charge on dodgeroll completely break a non related skill....imo the game engine must be alot like that insurance add where under the hood of the car all there is is 2 swedish blokes taking a sauna.
    I was wondering that myself. Those two things seem about as unrelated as it gets.
    Just like a quest interactable that started selling produce ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's break Fragments, Ward and Streak too and Sorcs can feel like Templars for a day.
  • Lil_Willie
    Lil_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Why do these topics always have to be titled in such a dramatic and accusative way?

"Good job ZOS", seriously, how old are we? 12?

Pretty sure it will get fixed before tomorrow IF this is something everyone experiences.

Im 3