Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Good job zos broke overload with today's incremental

• Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people are against OP's tone. How can you upload a patch without even testing it? There are not thousands of skills in this game, it would only take 1 hour to test all of them; now it will take much more to fix it. That's totally unprofessional and OP has payed/is paying to play their game, it's his right to be upset.
    Edited by Aunatar on January 26, 2016 11:39AM
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyrander wrote: »
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, do patches get checked or tested before being applied? :smile:

Even though this was kind of a snarky question, we do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.

that answer is just not accaptable and shows an imo very bad development cycle.just do one dungeon with 4 people every class and go and try pvp for 2 seconds this whole stuff would be found out that you do 0 functionality check on your game is highly disturbing and as a developer i can only tell you no software should be released without an integration test.

I dont think 10 or 50 people checking out patches will be able to find every broken or bugged thing in the game.
    Some stuff just happens in certain situations/dungeons/areas/skillsetting/equipment-setting/races/classes/and so on.

But i gotta say: breaking an ultimate completly so its not working at all and not noticing that....thats something.

well the problem though is that they do not realise bugs attached to abilities being bug fixed in that patch to be tested.
    best example is the destruction of crithits by DW-heavyattacks when fixing the combination of DW-HA and camouflaged hunter. this example leads to two options the QA is complety incompetent what i doubt (hopefully) or they do not have the time and or tools to do their job properly. both cases reflect significant desinterest by the management for a quality product.
    Edited by Tankqull on January 26, 2016 11:47AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys, here's The Plan(tm)

Tonight during the European megaserver maintenance, we will roll out the fix for Overload. Note that doing so may extend maintenance a bit since we're doing the regular maintenance along with the hotfix at the same time. As this issue was originally tied to the fix for dodge rolling not charging the proper amount of stamina, that fix will not be applied.

Tomorrow at 10am EST, we will apply the hotfix for the North American megaserver. This will require downtime, though not as long as a regular maintenance. As with the EU hotfix, this will fix Overload but will remove the fix for dodge rolling until we can get that straightened out.

As mentioned previously, this will not be an issue with the console incremental patches this week.

Thanks for your understanding, all.

Just wondering.
    Are you saying the dodge roll fix breaks the overload fix and vice versa...or....
    Are you saying this patch comes from the same dept with limited time so their combo patch is being pulled and a purely overload one put in place ?
    Edited by Rune_Relic on January 26, 2016 11:46AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Important skill for pve breaks, instant fix.
    Important skill for pvp breaks, next major update.

All jokes aside Im glad its getting fixed, finally got the Molag Kena head piece last Sunday.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

Tonight during the European megaserver maintenance, we will roll out the fix for Overload. Note that doing so may extend maintenance a bit since we're doing the regular maintenance along with the hotfix at the same time. As this issue was originally tied to the fix for dodge rolling not charging the proper amount of stamina, that fix will not be applied.

Tomorrow at 10am EST, we will apply the hotfix for the North American megaserver. This will require downtime, though not as long as a regular maintenance. As with the EU hotfix, this will fix Overload but will remove the fix for dodge rolling until we can get that straightened out.

As mentioned previously, this will not be an issue with the console incremental patches this week.

Just wondering.
    Are you saying the dodge roll fix breaks the overload fix and vice versa...or....
    Are you saying this patch comes from the same dept with limited time so their combo patch is being pulled and a purely overload one put in place ?

That is what made me think about what these remarks actually mean as well.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All jokes aside Im glad its getting fixed, finally got the Molag Kena head piece last Sunday.

actually it is the MOST important PvE skill for sorcs...
    Lysette wrote: »

Just wondering.

actually it means they postponed the part of the patch fixing stamina consumption on rolldodging wich breaks overlol, to keep overlol untouched for now...

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

Sorry to be the one to say, but this has me very confused and a little frustrated, while I do support fixing this ASAP it makes me wonder

This gets fixed almost instantly and gets high priority over other fixes. What about Khajiit Crit Passive being broken or what about Templar Toppling Charge or what about Radiant Oppression not working, bleed damage for axes working with steel tornado and so forth

Why can't we put priority on those class breaking skills like we're doing with Sorcerer Overload, those bugs have made several players quit as it has been ignored for months.
    Can I ask, why does this get fixed and we still have to wait for those other fixes for a major update to roll out before we see any sort of fixing to them?

55753554.jpg
    Edited by Shader_Shibes on January 26, 2016 12:41PM
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because..so many Sorcs
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha sorry had to laugh. Poor Sorcs hope it makes it to console even if just for a day to give Sorcs a taste of life without 11k spams
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

Just wondering.

actually it means they postponed the part of the patch fixing stamina consumption on rolldodging wich breaks overlol, to keep overlol untouched for now...

As this issue was originally tied to the fix for dodge rolling not charging the proper amount of stamina, that fix will not be applied.

This says it was merely tied to a fix for dodge rolling...ie a combo patch and a new patch is being released is not a combo patch.
    All we know is the dodge fix is not in the new patch.
    That's not the same thing as saying the dodge patch broke the overload patch.

Better wording.... two separate unrelated patches in one bundle vs one patch that effects dodge & overload at exactly the same time for some common reason.
    One is a workload issue.
    One is a re-entrant coding issue.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on January 26, 2016 1:11PM
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof that God plays a Sorc, never seen anything in this game fixed this fast lol
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did the dodge roll exploit fix break overload? What's the connection between those 2 in the code?

Edited by Tomato on January 26, 2016 1:26PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wondering.

As this issue was originally tied to the fix for dodge rolling not charging the proper amount of stamina, that fix will not be applied.

This says it was merely tied to a fix for dodge rolling...ie a combo patch and a new patch is being released is not a combo patch.

Better wording.... two separate unrelated patches in one bundle vs one patch that effects dodge & overload at exactly the same time for some common reason.
    One is a workload issue.

there was no combo patch as overload was not adressed in any way. its simple the dodge patch broke overload, by not patching dodge(EU maintainance) they prevent the overload bug. its easy as is...
    Edited by Tankqull on January 26, 2016 1:27PM

• Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me...

Sorcs have a skill that is broke, they complain and it is fixed in a day.

Templars still hear crickets......
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Hi everyone. While it's OK to express one's frustrations on the forums, this needs to be done in a constructive manner. This thread has been running very hot, and we need everyone to take a step back and ensure they're keeping the discussion civil and within the community rules. There's a lot of productive discussion here, and we want to ensure that continues. Some posts have been removed.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • DeVoDeVo
    DeVoDeVo
    ✭✭

If any other class Ultimates broke by not working at all, do you think they would wait or fix it immediately?
    Edited by DeVoDeVo on January 26, 2016 3:03PM
  • jgrinsteadb14_ESO
    I have a theory on how they broke it.

Overload code points to movement code because it changes movement state by removing the weapon and changing the animation.

When they re-wrote the movement code, whatever overload is pointing to is no longer there. So, it generates an error on the server end and nothing happens.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    LOL! Maybe one build of a class. I have two sorcs, one v16 and one level 29. I only unlocked Overload on the v16 the other day because I was out of Ultimates to level up. I never saw the point, personally.
    You never saw the point? That sentence alone invalidates your entire opinion.

@AlnilamE are you a magicka sorc or a stamina?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a theory on how they broke it.

Overload code points to movement code because it changes movement state by removing the weapon and changing the animation.

When they re-wrote the movement code, whatever overload is pointing to is no longer there. So, it generates an error on the server end and nothing happens.
    Sounds like a reasonable explanation to me! ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Garwulf wrote: »
    Overload light attack 14k ...good to see it off the table for a while.....

This skill is SO easy to counter(s&b Reflect skill for non-DK classes works magic; also dodging - one roll dodge makes like 3 Overload attacks miss in my experience) its biggest use in PvP literally is that 3rd bar, in my experience. And right now I don't even have that>.<
    You know what else is easy to counter and does the same amount of damage or less? Meteor

so?
    One costs 200 the other costs 33
    for one cast that does more damage than the initial hit of the other.

Your argument saying it's easily countered doesn't mean anything, it's still stronger than a 200 costing ultimate and it needs to be changed accordingly

Where are you getting 33 from? Snipe does as much damage as overload and it's not even an ult.
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Garwulf wrote: »
    Overload light attack 14k ...good to see it off the table for a while.....
    It's an ultimate... it's supposed to do a lot of damage.
    Hm, once again templars are broken.

What does that have to do with overload?
    Nothing, but templar ultimates going against this statement that
    It's an ultimate... it's supposed to do a lot of damage.

When did this turn into an overload debate. The issue here is that it's not working. If you want to discuss whether it's too strong start a new thread. This isn't the place for it.
    My bad 64 my tooltip says, I knew you'd make a comment on it though, either way it's probably the strongest ultimate in game for being as cheap as it is.

I take it you don't know why Snipe is strong, it's actually Focused Aim which is the strong one because you can't mitigate Physical Damage - which is being added in.
    Not sure if you can mitigate the other morph with Hardy

Dude, have you ever even used overload? I mean I get that you obviously have difficulty avoiding it for some reason, but c'mon most people don't. It moves super slow compared to other abilities and it's frickin huge. How can you not see it coming? At the very least you shouldn't get hit by it more than once. On top of that you can roll, you can block, you can even reflect it. I can't believe people are crying about this.
    :trollin:
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHA!!!
    So much salt over people who hate Overload! I love it, moar please!
    To be honest though, Overload in PvP is easily countered and in PvE it's not the end of the world even if it does have a bit of an impact on the major DPS of that class. There are ways around it.
    Yes there needs to be a little more diversity in the way things are set up, but Overload is fine as it is. (Once this bug is fixed that is).
    Edited by JaJaLuka on January 26, 2016 3:26PM
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The way it should be.

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to fix a broken sorc ability = 1 day
    Time to fix a broken templar ability = 2 years(still not fixed)
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha sorry had to laugh. Poor Sorcs hope it makes it to console even if just for a day to give Sorcs a taste of life without 11k spams

Exactly. I hope it ends up on console too for a while.

• Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, do patches get checked or tested before being applied? :smile:

We do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.

Yeah, I know tha drill:

>Git commit
    >Git push
    >Release in Debug mode
    >Go home.

:))
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »
    Is it me...

Sorcs have a skill that is broke, they complain and it is fixed in a day.

Templars still hear crickets......

"Broke" rather than "Bugged" I'm sure if you hit your toppling charge and it failed to do anything 100% of the time it would get looked at asap.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wondering.

One is a workload issue.

there was no combo patch as overload was not adressed in any way. its simple the dodge patch broke overload, by not patching dodge(EU maintainance) they prevent the overload bug. its easy as is...

Tah.. I get it now. Keep thinking of the changes Brian wheeler was mentioning in this incremental too that isn't in the patch notes.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on January 26, 2016 4:16PM
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭

We do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.

Thanks for the insight Gina. I really don't think people understand what it takes to actually program or code software nor how one simple missing ' ; ' can break multiple lines of code.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Please remember to be respectful and constructive when posting, especially when disagreeing with someone. Several posts have been removed from this thread.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you rely on one skill/ultimate and you need a 3rd skill bar, your doing it wrong all together.