Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good job zos broke overload with today's incremental

• ZOS_MollyH
    Hey all, we appreciate the feedback regarding this both positive and negative. However, several comments have had to be removed due to violating the forum code of conduct. Lets keep the conversation civil!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's incremental is amazing. All my abilities and weapon swaps have a two to three second cast time now. Good job! Oh wait, I'm on console so this doesn't apply to me. It's apparently just a usual thing in cyrodiil. Would love to obtain assault skill lines through XP instead of ap but never mind. 5 FPS is an acquired taste I suppose. Got my writs done and logging out.
    Edited by mistermutiny89 on January 25, 2016 6:31PM
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    Stay tuned console players it will be in next week's patch

A patch for consoles next week?
    56158-doctor-who-10-laughing-gif-d1ci.gif
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they break chains with their fix too?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice.

This occured occasionally since ages - now it´s permanent?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• FullBlownBeast
    FullBlownBeast
    ✭✭✭
    Na, I don't *** believe it, LOL.
    Plain and Simple
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Another argument for putting every incremental patch up on PTS for a few days before they go live

Yes please!

And with a character copy each time. Us NA players have just 2 weeks out of each quarter on the PTS with our characters. Want to test out a theory that requires expensive crafting or respec? Can't do that on the PTS.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well at least you get to play and see that something got broke, my launcher passed update and went to install for some reason, now I am installing again because the game will not even give me the option to update. Never had anything like this happen before, I logged of last night and today the games wants me to install it again, /sigh
  • Decayed_Inside
    Decayed_Inside
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    Stay tuned console players it will be in next week's patch

A patch for consoles next week?
    56158-doctor-who-10-laughing-gif-d1ci.gif

This guy gets it. lol
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snip
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perfect, nerf the damn sorcerers. And the NBs too. The cost of cloaking for each second should be 10k magicka. Sneaky lil buggers.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Nice.

This occured occasionally since ages - now it´s permanent?

How can I reflect your overload back at you, when you can't use it period!?

This is breaking my immersions.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What is the ETA on this? This isn't a minor inconvenience, many sorcs rely on this ability for multiple reasons. Can you rollback the patch if you can't get this fixed in a timely manner?
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on January 25, 2016 6:52PM
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Woeler wrote: »
    Why do these topics always have to be titled in such a dramatic and accusative way?

"Good job ZOS", seriously, how old are we? 12?

Pretty sure it will get fixed before tomorrow IF this is something everyone experiences.

I'm with you.People just cant wait to jump on the Devs for anything they imagine is a failing.It will be fixed,and most likely within a few hours.If it hasnt already as I type this.

I'm not nearly as confident as you are. What exactly from your past experience with ZOS makes you think this will be fixed "most likely within a few hours"? Seriously. We are lucky if broken spells get fixed within a year, and I'm not exaggerating.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do these topics always have to be titled in such a dramatic and accusative way?

Pretty sure it will get fixed before tomorrow IF this is something everyone experiences.

Because these things should be tested internally before release. QA team ZOS must not have.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fix will be included in the next DLC.

Fun game;

find a patch that didnt break something
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We've found what's causing the issue, and are currently investigating to see if this is something that can be hotfixed or not. Fortunately, this issue will not be in the console incremental this week.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with you.People just cant wait to jump on the Devs for anything they imagine is a failing.It will be fixed,and most likely within a few hours.If it hasnt already as I type this.

I'm not nearly as confident as you are. What exactly from your past experience with ZOS makes you think this will be fixed "most likely within a few hours"? Seriously. We are lucky if broken spells get fixed within a year, and I'm not exaggerating.

The patch where they introduced Psijic Ambrosia/Perfect roe. Something made the game crash every time you looked at a recipe or activated a cooking fire. There was a hotfix in the same evening.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    For god's sakes. Bosses get stronger and stronger, sorcerers can barely compete with other classes and now the only thing that saves us during boss battles is screwed after a patch that, according to the notes, didn't even touch this skill.

Sometimes I'm afraid to even imagine the programming of this game...

You must be fun to do dungeons with if you can't do boss fights without overload...

Honestly, (magicka) sorcs have been pretty much on par with other classes since 1.6. That was 1 year ago. Yes, overload + kena are a nice thing to have, but you can do any content with medium attack, force pulse, liquid lightning, thundering presence and your choice of other damage skills.

PS: My main is a magicka sorc.

on par? you mean ON TOP?
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've found what's causing the issue, and are currently investigating to see if this is something that can be hotfixed or not. Fortunately, this issue will not be in the console incremental this week.

But it will be in the EU PC maintenance in a few hours. :trollface:
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Dirty_Digs
    Dirty_Digs
    ✭✭✭
    Settle down everyone, overload isn't broken it's just going though some changes. Just like all abilities, overload will be bent and broken beyond recognition during this transition phase so it can be rebuilt and re-coded to work worse than ever before. Before the changes it had a few issues that were irritating but playable, but now get ready for the new and improved overload that bypasses all the irritating bugs and goes straight to broke. Think of all the time you'll save and headaches you'll avoid by simply knowing that overload won't work instead of hoping it will, but then getting the shaft for trying to use it.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

The patch where they introduced Psijic Ambrosia/Perfect roe. Something made the game crash every time you looked at a recipe or activated a cooking fire. There was a hotfix in the same evening.
    I'm glad you were able to find the one example, though that didn't exactly cripple an entire class did it?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What is the ETA on this?

"soon"

(maybe...)

Moderator Note: Edited for spam
    Edited by ZOS_MollyH on January 25, 2016 7:56PM
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tb would love to see the slaugher fish get more terrotory by the QQ of the Sorc who aren't top class at that moment >:)
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bfish22090
    I agree 100%. If you had an update for some software you were maintaining, I guarantee there would be some hiccups along the way. Sure, you can sometimes foresee those issues and prevent them from ever happening. But titling your post like this is like saying, "Hey ZOS, I'm fully aware that you did not mean for this to happen, and that you'll fix it, and it was an honest mistake, but screw you anyway."

A little tact goes a long way.
    Edited by Autolycus on January 25, 2016 7:09PM
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What always gets me is how they break stuff so unrelated to what they were working on. What a bowl of horrors the code must be.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I want to know is what in the patch affected Overload in the first place? The only thing I can maybe see is if it was a Dual Wield issue.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is very nice but what about PC EU? Will we get the bug tonight?
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Dirty_Digs
    Dirty_Digs
    ✭✭✭
    A Sorcerer without overload cannot work........They took our jobs!!!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

I'm glad you were able to find the one example, though that didn't exactly cripple an entire class did it?

LOL! Maybe one build of a class. I have two sorcs, one v16 and one level 29. I only unlocked Overload on the v16 the other day because I was out of Ultimates to level up. I never saw the point, personally.
    The Moot Councillor