Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good job zos broke overload with today's incremental

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, do patches get checked or tested before being applied? :smile:

Even though this was kind of a snarky question, we do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.

I wasn't being snarky! I legitimately wondered! :( I put the smiley face to try and show I wasn't being mean :/

My apologies! Sometimes it's hard to tell when just reading text. I'll even edit my response to remove that part ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, do patches get checked or tested before being applied? :smile:

Even though this was kind of a snarky question, we do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.

that answer is just not accaptable and shows an imo very bad development cycle.just do one dungeon with 4 people every class and go and try pvp for 2 seconds this whole stuff would be found out that you do 0 functionality check on your game is highly disturbing and as a developer i can only tell you no software should be released without an integration test.

Actually it was damn decent of her to give an answer to that question since it comes up every time something goes wrong with a patch. Programming something like ESO has to be really difficult and I can't imagine why highly trained IT professionals would do it especially for what little they supposedly make.
    Edited by Weberda on January 25, 2016 5:48PM
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Rudster
    Rudster
    ✭✭

Really?

The fix for fishing holes in Wrotghar made it so you get two fish per cast, it literally any amount of testing on the very thing that was would have caught that.

Your "fix" to Camo Hunter broke crit on DW heavy attacks, the kind of thing you would think you would test when the thing you were fixing was DW heavy attacks.

Your "fix" for Battle Spirit completely broke that as well.

Literally all major exploit\bug fixes you guys have released in the last patch broke something in a major way that would have been painfully obvious with any level of real testing.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, thanks for the info. Devs are on it and will throw a fix our way as soon as they can. No worries. :)
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We do absolutely test each patch before it gets deployed. Our team checks each fix that goes in, and also does a sanity check to make sure you're able to log in, create and load a character, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible to check each and every piece of the game before each patch. In this case, it appears as though something caused Overload to stop working (we're still investigating what happened) and sadly, even though it may sound like a cop out, these things can happen.

That's actually a very good response
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew that making 6 other characters was a good idea (I have two of each class).
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • YoloWizard
    YoloWizard
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Good good, so now since you are working on a fix for Overload can you finally fix its morph Power Overload? It has been bugged since Imperial City release and maybe before that! The morph reduces Overload damage by 3% instead of boosting it by 3%. This bug has been submitted like zillion times by now still no fix!
    RETIRED

World First Vet Maw Of Lorkhaj Clear
    World First Vet Halls of Fabrication Clear
    World First Vet Asylum Sanctorium +2 Clear

World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (YT)
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭

that answer is just not accaptable and shows an imo very bad development cycle.just do one dungeon with 4 people every class and go and try pvp for 2 seconds this whole stuff would be found out that you do 0 functionality check on your game is highly disturbing and as a developer i can only tell you no software should be released without an integration test.

Dude that is calling the kettle black when you can't even spell check and use punctuation before posting!
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funnily enough, I experienced something similar to this last night on EU. Sorry for the low quality but it's still processing!

https://youtu.be/CxsqTP1qEUE

I could do everything except light attack with Overload, it just pretended to throw it and that was it. The same thing I experience during Trials occasionally.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!
  • Sparky_Sorc
    Sparky_Sorc
    ✭✭✭
    Just sent a bug report on the Overload issue. I was going to redo champion points and do build work on my sorc.. That will be put off for now.. Darn It
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »

Actually it was damn decent of her to give an answer to that question since it comes up every time something goes wrong with a patch. Programming something like ESO has to be rely difficult and I can't imagine why highly trained IT professionals would do it especially for what little they supposedly make.

it is not how normal companies are developing or releasing stuff i develop a highly individualized software .every customer (mostly large companies) have basically their own versions with very narrow often multible new version a month with new features in every release. not once a version was released where a basic feature was not tested (ofc smt edge cases or secondary features where no changes have been made will not get tested with every release) . but normal software companies do not work like this
    Edited by ginoboehm on January 25, 2016 5:56PM
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time something like this happens I imagine the devs running around to the Benny Hill theme and bumping each others heads and causing all sorts of wires to come unplugged which ultimately leads to all these bugs.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I wasn't being snarky! I legitimately wondered! :( I put the smiley face to try and show I wasn't being mean :/

My apologies! Sometimes it's hard to tell when just reading text. I'll even edit my response to remove that part ;)

Thanks :smile: I assumed they checked it but wanted to be sure so people didn't start assuming people throw patches without checking them :tongue: I appreciate there's way too much to be looked at as it is, things are bound to slip through :smile:
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kildayen wrote: »
    Overload broken...

Thanks, Obama...

blamemeforthattoo_by_slayersyrena-d9ow4vv.jpg
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP sorc meta
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • Soneca798
    Soneca798
    ✭✭
    We're taking a look now, thanks for the report.

@ZOS_GinaBruno While you're looking into it, sometimes when spamming light attacks with overload it gets stuck on heavy attack and wastes a bunch of ultimate in the process. Other times when you are depleted of ultimate it doesn't automatically switch off and you have to manually do so.

This ^ been happening with me since my first character on console
  • Soneca798
    Soneca798
    ✭✭
    We're taking a look now, thanks for the report.

@ZOS_GinaBruno While you're looking into it, sometimes when spamming light attacks with overload it gets stuck on heavy attack and wastes a bunch of ultimate in the process. Other times when you are depleted of ultimate it doesn't automatically switch off and you have to manually do so.

This ^ been happening with me since my first character on console
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My poor Sorcerer is all like ...

tumblr_n21mo2FGHC1ru72puo1_r1_400.gif
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Snip
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 25, 2016 6:01PM
  • bimbo
    bimbo
    ✭✭✭
    overload was buggy already, now it just does not work at all lol

the best part is no ETA, oh wait. it might get fixed in next DLC just like Khajiit's passive.

Oh yeah
    EP-NB
    > Nightstop
    EP-SORC----> Magestop
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take your time to investigate that the other abilities are acting wonky too. No lag, despite the usual latency, and action bar stays grayed and abilities are requiring more than one press to activate.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • XANTITHESISX
    XANTITHESISX
    ✭✭✭
    I would wager that all of the people complaining are the same ones that complain about the time it takes to release new content.... never happy.

[snip]

A simple report that the ability is not working properly would suffice instead of speculation and drama as if it was done on purpose.

Moderator Note: Edited for insulting/rude comments
    Edited by ZOS_MollyH on January 25, 2016 6:21PM
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    Will not turn on or work at all.
    Stay tuned console players it will be in next week's patch

Lol
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least we no longer need a "Nerf Sorcs" thread.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is this already in the next console incremental patch awaiting approval?
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Decayed_Inside
    Decayed_Inside
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next weeks patch? More like two months from now and they better hotfix it before patching it in we are sick of incoming known bugs. Mess with us too much you lose our market were not PC players who will take it forever. Guess what happens if a node instantly respawns? they patch it overnight. Overnight. We deserve the same treatment when something hurts us like this overload bug. That KILLS my PVE sorc. That's his dps right there overload. Without it I'm pretty much dead weight. I can medium attack into force pulse and that's about it. I'm not gonna start frothing at the mouth but can you guys please hotfix this like it was something that benefits us? I'm tired of being treated like garbage and left with bugs.
    Edited by Decayed_Inside on January 25, 2016 6:18PM
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Any ETA on the fix? o:)
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smolt wrote: »

<3 Smolt

image.png?w=409&c=1
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another argument for putting every incremental patch up on PTS for a few days before they go live
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smolt wrote: »

Most likely in a week...