Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• zantarizb14_ESO
    zantarizb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Although I tend to be a hoarder, I have gotten comfortable getting rid of high value equipment as long as I am able to craft a replacement if needed. However, there is no crafting of jewelry at this point, so I find it hard to get rid of the more valuable pieces because they aren't easily replaced. Is jewelry crafting somewhere on the docket for future development and release?
    Options
  • zantarizb14_ESO
    zantarizb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PVP is not something that interests me. However, I discovered that I LOVE exploring the vast open space that is Cyrodil. At that time there were several instances of Cyrodil and so I simply joined the least populated to explore in peace. Now with the limited more populated instances, I avoid Crydoil like the plague. Has there been any consideration given to the idea of implementing a non-PVP instance of Cyrodil so that those of us who are not into PVP, but who like the exploration can enjoy it?
    Edited by zantarizb14_ESO on December 31, 2015 5:21AM
    Options
  • zantarizb14_ESO
    zantarizb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Weapon swapping is a great feature, but it seems a bit inadequate, especially when you need to switch from a Stamina based DPS Templar (for example) to a Magicka equipped Heals Templar. Is there anything in the works to improve the system to allow a one touch swap of equipment sets and Skills slotted to your toolbar? (potentially also including quickslot slotted items). While two configuration sets would be good, three would also allow the use of a purely visual equipment set (i.e. city clothes or costumes).
    Options
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    What is the fastest way of getting vigor from the assult tree?

Grind pvp like a dog!
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
    Options
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any plans to higher the drop rate for v16 materials and yellow mats?
    PS4 Eu Server
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Btw, all you guys with many VR 16 alts out there, how the hell do you level up so quicky?! I've been stuck on VR 12 for a while now!

My main is still VR 14 and I've been here since launch! LOL However I'm a roleplayer with an army of alts on 2 accounts so... you see my problem. BUT when I do work on leveling I do it this way.
    1. Put my status to offline and talk to NO ONE.
    2. Pop an XP potion or scroll.
    3. Go after every skyshard in the zone. Go after every lorebook in the zone. Kill EVERYTHING between me and those 2 objectives.
    4. Do every delve. Kill EVERYTHING in the delve.
    5. Do every Dolmen.
    6. Kill every World Boss.
    7. Have I mentioned killing EVERYTHING you see with a red aura in the zone?
    8. Pick up quests as you go but do not focus on them unless they are the "Kill lots of X" type quests.
    9. Kill EVERYTHING.

You will level quickly doing this. Promise.

May I ask what class you are, as my nightblade sucks at world bosses?

Well my main is a Sorc. But I do have a NB only level 33. Vamp, dual weild, magicka, siphoning. I usually don't have too much trouble though but it may take me a couple tries! LOL The hardest thing for me to remember is KEEP MOVING. If you are not a tank do NOT go toe to toe with a boss for even a moment. As a NB keep getting behind them. Use ranged attacks in between your gap closers.
    Edited by MornaBaine on January 1, 2016 2:52AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

@Screamer19b14_ESO: Now that the blacksmithing and provisioning costumes have been removed from the Crown Store, are there any plans to create costumes for the other 4 professions?
    We would like to offer everyone something for each profession. With that said, we want to improve working with the community as a whole to find out what you guys want to see in the store. We have been reading! Expect to see more proactive communication about this in the near future.

I'm almost positive no one has ever asked for the costumes you keep putting in the crown store. When will you start adding the costumes and polymorphs and skins people HAVE been asking for over and over?

lol. this made me laugh... thank you for that @MornaBaine.

I live to serve. ;)

On another note, I see this has really died down. Perhaps players are realizing we are not being listened to.

I accepted this in October 2014 when I posted this thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/134538/zos-what-do-you-need-from-us/p1

If there were ever a thread I "expected" an official response from ZOS, it was that one.... but the thread was met with silence. Silence can be a pretty powerful answer, too.

There were other threads that strengthened that feeling of not being heard... and the last thing that convinced me that ZOS doesn't listen to these forums at all was the Armchair Developer segment where the devs rambled on and on about underwater combat... something that forum-goers have explicitly said we could do without... and then the bit about underwater mounts just had me throw my hands up.

There are three groups ZOS seems to listen to: streamers, leaders of large guilds, and the complaint horde. Why is this?
    • Streamers are advertising for them
    • Guild Leaders will recruit for them
    • Complaint horde is usually made of potential customers

Forum goers? We're already customers. They have us in the game and we will spend money one way or another. As far as they are concerned we are "mission accomplished".

At least... that's how it seems from my perspective. It's ok though. I still enjoy posting and discussing my ideas with my fellow ESO customers. :wink:

I could easily be considered part of "the complaint horde" but they sure as heck don't listen to me! LOL But I keep coming back for your threads Gid! So keep coming up with new "crazy" ideas!

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Screamer19b14_ESO: Now that the blacksmithing and provisioning costumes have been removed from the Crown Store, are there any plans to create costumes for the other 4 professions?
    We would like to offer everyone something for each profession. With that said, we want to improve working with the community as a whole to find out what you guys want to see in the store. We have been reading! Expect to see more proactive communication about this in the near future.

I'm almost positive no one has ever asked for the costumes you keep putting in the crown store. When will you start adding the costumes and polymorphs and skins people HAVE been asking for over and over?

lol. this made me laugh... thank you for that @MornaBaine.

I live to serve. ;)

On another note, I see this has really died down. Perhaps players are realizing we are not being listened to.

I accepted this in October 2014 when I posted this thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/134538/zos-what-do-you-need-from-us/p1

If there were ever a thread I "expected" an official response from ZOS, it was that one.... but the thread was met with silence. Silence can be a pretty powerful answer, too.

There were other threads that strengthened that feeling of not being heard... and the last thing that convinced me that ZOS doesn't listen to these forums at all was the Armchair Developer segment where the devs rambled on and on about underwater combat... something that forum-goers have explicitly said we could do without... and then the bit about underwater mounts just had me throw my hands up.

There are three groups ZOS seems to listen to: streamers, leaders of large guilds, and the complaint horde. Why is this?
    • Streamers are advertising for them
    • Guild Leaders will recruit for them
    • Complaint horde is usually made of potential customers

Forum goers? We're already customers. They have us in the game and we will spend money one way or another. As far as they are concerned we are "mission accomplished".

At least... that's how it seems from my perspective. It's ok though. I still enjoy posting and discussing my ideas with my fellow ESO customers. :wink:

I could easily be considered part of "the complaint horde" but they sure as heck don't listen to me! LOL But I keep coming back for your threads Gid! So keep coming up with new "crazy" ideas!

Ah... that's the thing though @MornaBaine, the horde only exists if a MASS of people across multiple social networks are all screaming the same thing in one really irritated unified voice (For an example see ESO's subscription model).

People like you and me? We are but singular voices clamoring for changes. We may have a couple of people that agree with you but not enough that care passionately enough to be heard above the cries of the horde... I guess we could be called the "Ignorable Few" :lol:
    Edited by Gidorick on January 1, 2016 6:48AM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Deathztalker
    Deathztalker
    ✭✭✭
    Its been over a year now is there any ETA on when the bow will get another pass to fix some of its issues?

1) Bow abilities have issues generating soul gems.

2) Long Shot, in PVE (trials) there is boss mechanics that require you stack in melee range for heals which is a larger loss of DPS for bow users.

3) Bow set bonuses, if we are using armor for the bow set bonuses then when we switch weapons we lose the set bonuses leaving bow users such mainly using the bow.

4) The bow has two average AOE abilities instead one.

5) Hasty Retreat never got updated with the changes to doge rolling
    Live, Love, Laugh, Learn!
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does the 'Provisioner Delivery Crate' writ only rewards you 10k inspiration (does gives same amount of gold 604) vs 20k inspiration like the other five crafting types?

Suggestion: Secondly what use is the inspiration to a player maxed out in all crafting skills... Maybe instead give us a reward of one hour in which any item crafted (clothing, woodworking and blacksmithing) without a trait gets automatically the 'inspiration' trait to help out leveling up new characters or friends characters with faster decon. Enchanting, provisioning and Alchemy can for one hour have a 25% chance to gain a boost in time or increase strength in a effect.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Trashyratchet
    Trashyratchet
    ✭✭✭
    With the addition of a monster helm vendor, I assume that I will be able to trade my monster helms to this vendor for a significant amount of AP, correct? I couldn't possibly think of a good reason why a PVE mechanic could be bypassed with currency while not allowing the same convenience the other direction. Thanks.
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    There must be a lot of armor styles concepts planned for motifs, have you ever considered placing in tailor shops or armor merchants a preview system say like 'future fashion'.. so we can give feedback and let you know which ones we like see added the most?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen the Star-Gazer banner in some of the footage for Abah's Landing. Will we be seeing a return of the Star-Gazers in the upcoming DLC?

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony

A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    What about a player raffle.

Say either daily/weekly you get the chance to get items or rewards for a minimal deposit.

Say each player deposits 100g (roughly) into a vendor, the prizes could be

Motifs blue or purple or 1/100000 chance a yellow.
    Recipes ^^
    Gold
    A full set of gear (same colours)
    Stacks of mats
    1-10 pieces of yellow mats
    The ability to re run pledges
    Redo writs
    And extra hirelings

You get the idea. It would be a good enticing idea to bring more players back and to keep active players entertained.

If you could word it better but that's what it came out like.
    PS4 Eu Server
    Options
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Is there a special reason The Lord Mundus Stone is not found in Cyrodiil? It does not get in the way of my enjoyment of the game, but the choice makes me curious. :) Oh, and lore-wise, if I choose the Lord's Mundus Stone, would that mean that my character was born under the Lord/First Seed, or are the stones there for general worship in-universe?
    Edited by Pensola on January 1, 2016 11:23PM
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trashyratchet
    You will be able to buy these helms with plain old gold as well. It was simply ZOS's mistake to announce it as a "PvP" vendor, as it will be equally available to all players and their styles of playing.

@RedRoomGaming
    Sadly this comes under gambling, and for the same reasons that almost all countries can't enter the 1Mil give-away, most players wouldn't be able to enter because of their countries laws. I think I speak for all the excluded countries when I say we would like future competitions to be more inclusive, and that means a lottery can't have any part of it.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    @Trashyratchet
    You will be able to buy these helms with plain old gold as well. It was simply ZOS's mistake to announce it as a "PvP" vendor, as it will be equally available to all players and their styles of playing.

@RedRoomGaming
    Sadly this comes under gambling, and for the same reasons that almost all countries can't enter the 1Mil give-away, most players wouldn't be able to enter because of their countries laws. I think I speak for all the excluded countries when I say we would like future competitions to be more inclusive, and that means a lottery can't have any part of it.

I never thought about that, hmm maybe the same thing but not spending any money in game just better prizes for harder quests.
    PS4 Eu Server
    Options
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to add capes, scarfs and shoulder capes to either accessories or as craftable items?
    Options
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get the heros of tamriel styles in either motifs or costumes?? I especially would like the nords.
    Options
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    shugg wrote: »
    Hi , are you going to spend some time balancing the roles with in the game, at the moment dps and healers can enjoy pve and pvp, tanks can enjoy pve, dps can enjoy pvp pve and arena . The game is very dps focused and some of us feel left by the side due to our role. Also alone with this are there plans to make stacking health worth it.

A suggestion make all damage scale of weapons and abilities use the magic or stam as resource , this would mean tanks can hit as hard as dps but less often as i would make bosses hit harder thus meaning a tank needs the hp pool for content. This would also balance ttk in pvp and and increase hybrid builds

Please don't do this! Zos your system is wonderful!
    Options
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »
    shugg wrote: »
    Hi , are you going to spend some time balancing the roles with in the game, at the moment dps and healers can enjoy pve and pvp, tanks can enjoy pve, dps can enjoy pvp pve and arena . The game is very dps focused and some of us feel left by the side due to our role. Also alone with this are there plans to make stacking health worth it.

A suggestion make all damage scale of weapons and abilities use the magic or stam as resource , this would mean tanks can hit as hard as dps but less often as i would make bosses hit harder thus meaning a tank needs the hp pool for content. This would also balance ttk in pvp and and increase hybrid builds

Please don't do this! Zos your system is wonderful!

Roll a tank and go pvp or heal mealstorm arena then come and comment, just give it a few more dlc when u want to do dungeons and all u get is 4 dps. Only wsy to fix this is add a buff to roles or duel spec, we pay for content which we carnt do becouse of role preferance.

The way to fix it maybe wrong however the problem is still there.
    Edited by shugg on January 2, 2016 6:23PM
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @KramUzibra: Last I heard they were planning to add them to the Crown store as costumes some time this year.
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Sixthly
    Sixthly
    Will players who purchased the game through Steam ever be able to purchase Crown Packs directly from the ESO Store?

The 5500 Crown Pack directly from ESO costs $40 AUD, but from Steam it costs $39.99 USD which is $57.62 AUD after currency conversion.

My name should be quite easy to pronounce. ;p
    Edited by Sixthly on January 3, 2016 10:39AM
    Options
  • Greiver
    Greiver
    ✭✭✭
    Greiver wrote: »
    1. Any news on when/if damage and healing numbers will be added?
    2. Will there ever be a search box in the guild traders?

Like to add a number 3: when is this game actually going to be playable again?

I suffer lag in all areas of the game. It's like a god damn slideshow. Not just in Cyrodiil.
    Ps4 Na Daggerfall
    Elders of Daggerfall
    High Elf Sorc
    Catshit Nightblade
    Imperial Templar
    Dark elf Dk
    Options
  • Seberii
    Seberii
    ✭✭
    Is The Tamriel Town Crier going to make a return?
    Options
  • Trashyratchet
    Trashyratchet
    ✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    @Trashyratchet

@RedRoomGaming

I never thought about that, hmm maybe the same thing but not spending any money in game just better prizes for harder quests.

OK, vendor aside, you still have to complete PvE content to acquire them currently. So this would be considered a reward only available in PVE that can now be bought. I think it is only fair to have things only available in PvP to be acquired in the same manner.
    Options
  • Zombiehunter7X
    Hi Zen for the future could you possibly improve our characters feet and suppurate the toes similar to what you've done with the giant s feet model?
    Ps4
    EU
    Argonian dragonknight tank V16
    Ebonheart Pact
    Free WW&V bite community helper
    Options
  • zantarizb14_ESO
    zantarizb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was just checking out the crown store and noticed that, although I've purchased the Orsinium DLC, if I wanted to purchase the Orsinium Collector's Bundle at a later time, I would need to pay full price, essentially re-purchasing Orsinium again. Is there any plan to offer a reduced cost Collectors Bundle for those who have already purchased the core DLC... not just for Orsinium, but for any similar DLC upgrade?
    Options
  • zantarizb14_ESO
    zantarizb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In the Crown Store, if you have already purchased an item, it replaces the cost of the item with the word "Purchased". I understand that you don't need to know how much something costs if you've already purchased it. However, if I want to recommend a Crown Store item to someone, it's frustrating to not know how much it costs. Any chance of changing it so, after purchase, it still grays the item out but it leaves the price and displays "Purchased" somewhere else?
    Options
  • lDcoyl
    lDcoyl
    ✭✭
    Hi ZOS, love the show!
    My Question is in regards to console and is one you have heard before, but I would love to see a strong response from the team.
    Will you look at introducing text chat as a selectable option for players to interact with others?
    If text chat will never be an option would you consider putting in a method where we could customize text in the quick chat option?

Many thanks! :)
    Options
This discussion has been closed.