Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why will class change not be implemented?
    I know it might mess up some things but the thing is either that or you make achievements mount upgrades and research account wide as to make up for it.
    I know I suck at being a nightblade, but I connot take it anymore. I am constantly having survivability issues. I'm thinking of becoming a templar if it was implemented. I love my nightblade stamina bosmer. I really like the way she looks too. But I am constantly having trouble.
    If class change is a big no no, then at least make vigor the first ability in the assult tree.
    Please help in any way possible.I know that I should be a good player and have skill but it's not fair that some classes have it easier than others. And I am constantly bothered by this.
    I know I keep complaining about this, but when I keep dying it disincourages me to play, as I'm a completionist and I hate restarting again with a new character and starting from zero after I've gone too far. Especially in fishing.

Try Re-speccing to a NB SapTank? Or even a NB Healer, as I can solo everything with mine.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the Loremaster Archives be coming back for the new year (and new DLC)?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • VamppireGhost
    VamppireGhost
    ✭✭
    Houses?

I love being able to buy, build or obtain a house in previous "Elder Scrolls" games. I would like to be able to have something similar to "Hearthfire" or just be able to buy a house to call "My Home" but i understand due to game capabilities there is really "no room" to allow every player to build a house or buy a house but if you allow me to make a suggestion. In the game "Runescape" members were able to build their own house while working on one of their skills. So implicating a system like that would be awesome. The game is already amazing and with not many flaws that i can point out that haven't already been mentioned or fixed in the past.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy."
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    Why will class change not be implemented?
    I know it might mess up some things but the thing is either that or you make achievements mount upgrades and research account wide as to make up for it.
    I know I suck at being a nightblade, but I connot take it anymore. I am constantly having survivability issues. I'm thinking of becoming a templar if it was implemented. I love my nightblade stamina bosmer. I really like the way she looks too. But I am constantly having trouble.
    If class change is a big no no, then at least make vigor the first ability in the assult tree.
    Please help in any way possible.I know that I should be a good player and have skill but it's not fair that some classes have it easier than others. And I am constantly bothered by this.
    I know I keep complaining about this, but when I keep dying it disincourages me to play, as I'm a completionist and I hate restarting again with a new character and starting from zero after I've gone too far. Especially in fishing.

Try Re-speccing to a NB SapTank? Or even a NB Healer, as I can solo everything with mine.

The thing is I like playing as a stamina dps. The probblem is survivng.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houses?

I love being able to buy, build or obtain a house in previous "Elder Scrolls" games. I would like to be able to have something similar to "Hearthfire" or just be able to buy a house to call "My Home" but i understand due to game capabilities there is really "no room" to allow every player to build a house or buy a house but if you allow me to make a suggestion. In the game "Runescape" members were able to build their own house while working on one of their skills. So implicating a system like that would be awesome. The game is already amazing and with not many flaws that i can point out that haven't already been mentioned or fixed in the past.

@VamppireGhost Housing is in early development. We won't see it any time soon, but it's on the plan for the future. If you're interested in seeing some ideas for how housing could work, see this thread (as an example; there's lots of threads out there. I'm biased to that one because it's got some good suggestions and that's also where I put my ideas :) ).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is ESO really getting a Japan server in June?
    Options
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    1. Any plans to bring in race changes?
    2. any plans to add a barber shop?
    3. any plans to add an alliance change?
    4. any plans to add a PC-Console change where you can move your characters from PC to Console? and vice versa of course
    GT-Daedxz, Guild Master of "Cannon Fodder" Xbox One, American Servers/DC for lyfe. I kill I steal I conquer
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the fastest way of getting vigor from the assult tree?
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know what would be cool?
    If you apply alliance change but add a quest with it. For example I'm ebonheart pact and I finished the main story. So it would be cool if when I choose the aldmeri Dominion, queen ayrenn agrees as I would be a geat asset to the aldmeri after every thing she heard I have accomplished for the pact. Afcourse she'll be a little hesitant at first but I mean c'mone. I'm the hero of tamriel! I defeated molag bal. She has to accept the offer. ;)
    Anyway, what I'm getting at is that it would be cool if there was a quest where you had to swear alliegence to the other faction.
    Or what would be cooler if somehow when you finish cadwel's gold they find out you were the same person all along in all the factions! That would would make them want you to finally swear your alliegence to one of them and any player ( soldier ) I have killed in cyrodiil would be forgiven.
    Also it would be cool as that would allow me who was in the ebonheart pact to get a house in Grahtwood as I am a wood elf ( if that it how housing is implemented , of course. )
    It would really be a cool quest as it would cause a scandal and make for an interesting line of quests.
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on December 29, 2015 3:00PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Is ESO really getting a Japan server in June?
    Yes, this was announced in September. You can visit the official site here: http://eso.dmm.com/
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Would ZOS consider making achievements account-wide? I wish I could play my alts more regularly but I always feel like I can't because of my completionist OCD. :(

Yes, let's have Level 3 Alts run around with the title Grand Warlord or Boethiah's Scythe... Sure would suck if my Level 22 Sorcerer went through the trouble of getting the titles Fighter's Guild Victor and Master Wizard for nothing since I already have it on my main...

The dyes are account-wide, isn't that enough?

I'm not saying the titles should be account wide, because I agree that wouldn't make sense. I just want the achievement "book" and pool of points to be account wide. I assume they could just add a small line at the bottom of each achievement for each character that completes it. It could be like this:

10 - Alliance War Captain
    Earn the rank of Captain in the Alliance War.
    12/01/2015 Solariken
    12/15/2015 Dar'Sulken

So each time a character "unlocks" an achievement, they still get the on-screen toast and get their name added to the record, but only the first character to complete it will get points added to the pool.

I don't see why they didn't launch with this system, they lean very heavily toward account-wide systems already, which is fantastic.
    Options
  • victorcotrim
    Please zenimax, I would love the see more mounts and pets obtainable through gold, achievments or questing. Putting cool mounts and pets monopolized on the crown store is SO UNFAIR.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »

@Screamer19b14_ESO: Now that the blacksmithing and provisioning costumes have been removed from the Crown Store, are there any plans to create costumes for the other 4 professions?
    We would like to offer everyone something for each profession. With that said, we want to improve working with the community as a whole to find out what you guys want to see in the store. We have been reading! Expect to see more proactive communication about this in the near future.

I'm almost positive no one has ever asked for the costumes you keep putting in the crown store. When will you start adding the costumes and polymorphs and skins people HAVE been asking for over and over?

lol. this made me laugh... thank you for that @MornaBaine.

I live to serve. ;)

On another note, I see this has really died down. Perhaps players are realizing we are not being listened to.

Options
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    On another note, I see this has really died down. Perhaps players are realizing we are not being listened to.

Is it any surprise? When they seem to answer questions that a good majority aren't interested in or spend more time answering one/single person's questions in one episode, it definitely makes me care less about asking anything at this point. I wouldn't expect them to answer all questions, but I hardly see some of the more pressing questions or questions that a lot of people have been asking, being answered.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, all you guys with many VR 16 alts out there, how the hell do you level up so quicky?! I've been stuck on VR 12 for a while now!
    Options
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, all you guys with many VR 16 alts out there, how the hell do you level up so quicky?! I've been stuck on VR 12 for a while now!

I bought a lot, A LOT, of XP Scrolls during the Black Friday sale. I normally do a full zone clear, however. Not having the patience to it a third time, I'm only sticking to Main Story Line quests and skyshard/lorebook hunting. I finished The Rift at the same level as my last two v16 toons without XP Scrolls that did full zone clears. Most, however, grind, but I can't get myself to do that for very long (an hour at most), so I generally stay away from it.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would ZOS consider making achievements account-wide? I wish I could play my alts more regularly but I always feel like I can't because of my completionist OCD. :(

Yes, let's have Level 3 Alts run around with the title Grand Warlord or Boethiah's Scythe... Sure would suck if my Level 22 Sorcerer went through the trouble of getting the titles Fighter's Guild Victor and Master Wizard for nothing since I already have it on my main...

The dyes are account-wide, isn't that enough?

I'm not saying the titles should be account wide, because I agree that wouldn't make sense. I just want the achievement "book" and pool of points to be account wide. I assume they could just add a small line at the bottom of each achievement for each character that completes it. It could be like this:

10 - Alliance War Captain
    Earn the rank of Captain in the Alliance War.
    12/01/2015 Solariken
    12/15/2015 Dar'Sulken

So each time a character "unlocks" an achievement, they still get the on-screen toast and get their name added to the record, but only the first character to complete it will get points added to the pool.

I don't see why they didn't launch with this system, they lean very heavily toward account-wide systems already, which is fantastic.

I don't see why that would be a problem for a level 3 alt to be walking around with for example Master Angler as a title as he earned it fair and square on his main?
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My main is still VR 14 and I've been here since launch! LOL However I'm a roleplayer with an army of alts on 2 accounts so... you see my problem. BUT when I do work on leveling I do it this way.
    1. Put my status to offline and talk to NO ONE.
    2. Pop an XP potion or scroll.
    3. Go after every skyshard in the zone. Go after every lorebook in the zone. Kill EVERYTHING between me and those 2 objectives.
    4. Do every delve. Kill EVERYTHING in the delve.
    5. Do every Dolmen.
    6. Kill every World Boss.
    7. Have I mentioned killing EVERYTHING you see with a red aura in the zone?
    8. Pick up quests as you go but do not focus on them unless they are the "Kill lots of X" type quests.
    9. Kill EVERYTHING.

You will level quickly doing this. Promise.

Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭

My main is still VR 14 and I've been here since launch! LOL However I'm a roleplayer with an army of alts on 2 accounts so... you see my problem. BUT when I do work on leveling I do it this way.
    1. Put my status to offline and talk to NO ONE.
    2. Pop an XP potion or scroll.
    3. Go after every skyshard in the zone. Go after every lorebook in the zone. Kill EVERYTHING between me and those 2 objectives.
    4. Do every delve. Kill EVERYTHING in the delve.
    5. Do every Dolmen.
    6. Kill every World Boss.
    7. Have I mentioned killing EVERYTHING you see with a red aura in the zone?
    8. Pick up quests as you go but do not focus on them unless they are the "Kill lots of X" type quests.
    9. Kill EVERYTHING.

You will level quickly doing this. Promise.

May I ask what class you are, as my nightblade sucks at world bosses?

Edited by elven.were_wolf on December 29, 2015 6:15PM
    Options
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure about @MornaBaine , but my Nightblade generally has no issues with World Bosses. I've only ran into one boss I couldn't solo and that was a Public Dungeon boss in The Rift. Level 44, btw and running a Stamblade.

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Screamer19b14_ESO: Now that the blacksmithing and provisioning costumes have been removed from the Crown Store, are there any plans to create costumes for the other 4 professions?
    We would like to offer everyone something for each profession. With that said, we want to improve working with the community as a whole to find out what you guys want to see in the store. We have been reading! Expect to see more proactive communication about this in the near future.

I'm almost positive no one has ever asked for the costumes you keep putting in the crown store. When will you start adding the costumes and polymorphs and skins people HAVE been asking for over and over?

lol. this made me laugh... thank you for that @MornaBaine.

I live to serve. ;)

I accepted this in October 2014 when I posted this thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/134538/zos-what-do-you-need-from-us/p1

If there were ever a thread I "expected" an official response from ZOS, it was that one.... but the thread was met with silence. Silence can be a pretty powerful answer, too.

There were other threads that strengthened that feeling of not being heard... and the last thing that convinced me that ZOS doesn't listen to these forums at all was the Armchair Developer segment where the devs rambled on and on about underwater combat... something that forum-goers have explicitly said we could do without... and then the bit about underwater mounts just had me throw my hands up.

There are three groups ZOS seems to listen to: streamers, leaders of large guilds, and the complaint horde. Why is this?
    • Streamers are advertising for them
    • Guild Leaders will recruit for them
    • Complaint horde is usually made of potential customers

Forum goers? We're already customers. They have us in the game and we will spend money one way or another. As far as they are concerned we are "mission accomplished".

At least... that's how it seems from my perspective. It's ok though. I still enjoy posting and discussing my ideas with my fellow ESO customers. :wink:
    Edited by Gidorick on December 29, 2015 7:33PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to allow players to visit/explore City Isle?
    AFvgLfc.png?1

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick
    Where'd you get that City Isle map from? Is that official or fan-made?
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the Cyrodiil map in ESO @MisterBigglesworth . Edits by me. If I remember correctly I added the IC map to the center. The colorization was me and the location indicators were taken by referencing the map from TES IV: Oblivion.

So I guess fan-made.... :blush:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

Not sure about @MornaBaine , but my Nightblade generally has no issues with World Bosses. I've only ran into one boss I couldn't solo and that was a Public Dungeon boss in The Rift. Level 44, btw and running a Stamblade.

I'm also a stam nightblade! May I ask for your build? I'm currently a vet 12 bosmer nightblade stamina build.
    Options
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we see anymore betmer races like sloads in the future?
    Options
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also a stam nightblade! May I ask for your build? I'm currently a vet 12 bosmer nightblade stamina build.

@elven.were_wolf sent you a PM!
    Edited by OmniDevil on December 29, 2015 9:13PM

Proud Member and Officer
    Character List
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to ever balance shields? Any chance spell pen increasing damage against or amount bypass? It would allow sorcs to have more build diversity.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • Krazykenny
    Krazykenny
    Soul Shriven
    Are there any plans on mounts,pets, or costumes dropping from bosses/dungeons? I know we saw that rare costume drops came with IC and while hard to get I like the idea. Would be cool to see something like this exist in the future.
    Options
  • zantarizb14_ESO
    zantarizb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    On your Twitch page you have a lot of information and links to things on the official ESO page. However, there no link to the Ask Us Anything forum thread to facilitate easy access for the player community to submit their questions for the twitch based ESO Live. Why is that?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.