The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was mentioned on a previous ESO live that the new music was going to be released in digital form in December (Including the new soundtrack that came with Wrothgar which is AMAZING!)

It's January now... do you have a new ETA?
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • Nahz
    Nahz
    ✭✭✭
    When can we expect a fix for the bug which is preventing the sorcerer pets from going into stealth? This bug continues to be a problem even though it was reported weeks before the Imperial City update. This bug makes players, who are already struggling to use pets effectively, more of a liability to their nearby allies as the pets can give away your position. I sincerely enjoy using the pets when soloing in PVP, and I would really like to develop ways to meaningfully incorporate them into my build when playing with a group; but this bug prevents me from doing that.

In addition, when can we expect the sorcerer pets to benefit from champion points? This is a topic which I've brought up in a previous post in the Ask Us Anything! thread.

With the CP system, enemy players will continue to gain resistance to the primary attacks from my pets (the twilight's lighting bolt, and the scamp's explosion), yet my pets cannot grow to challenge those stat increases. This issue also affects PVE, as my group members will continue to increase their damage as they build CP, but my pets will only benefit from the tiny amount of magicka I gain from 1/3rd of the CP I've acquired. If pets cannot benefit from the CP system due to technical limitations, when can we expect to see them buffed?

As a side note, I have a suggestion regarding the Daedric Prey morph of Daedric Curse. What are your thoughts on increasing the range of the curse explosion for this morph, and the damage the explosion deals to surrounding enemies? Because the pets themselves do not have much AOE utility, increasing the range and damage of the explosion would make pet builds slightly more effective against groups of enemies.
    Nahz - VR16 Sorcerer
    Paragon of Togglemancer Excellence
    Daggerfall Covenant | Trueflame NA PC

#SeeYouInCU
    Options
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    shugg wrote: »
    KramUzibra wrote: »
    Hi , are you going to spend some time balancing the roles with in the game, at the moment dps and healers can enjoy pve and pvp, tanks can enjoy pve, dps can enjoy pvp pve and arena . The game is very dps focused and some of us feel left by the side due to our role. Also alone with this are there plans to make stacking health worth it.

A suggestion make all damage scale of weapons and abilities use the magic or stam as resource , this would mean tanks can hit as hard as dps but less often as i would make bosses hit harder thus meaning a tank needs the hp pool for content. This would also balance ttk in pvp and and increase hybrid builds

Please don't do this! Zos your system is wonderful!

Roll a tank and go pvp or heal mealstorm arena then come and comment, just give it a few more dlc when u want to do dungeons and all u get is 4 dps. Only wsy to fix this is add a buff to roles or duel spec, we pay for content which we carnt do becouse of role preferance.

The way to fix it maybe wrong however the problem is still there.

You got a point, I used to tank and my sis used to be a templar heal but after the IP patch with the nerf to stam and heals we both switched to Dps.
    Options
  • Avioptimalnub18_ESO
    Avioptimalnub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hi !

1. Will we ever be able to reorganize are character slots. I don't play my first character much anymore but don't want to delete him and think something as simple as moving my new main to the top of the 8 list would be nice.
    2. I know there is talk on releasing more character slots. Will they be purchasable in the crown store or will they just be added into the game?
    3. I may be wrong but when you crouch to steal something from a container on console once you can see what is in the container the eye goes away and you can no longer tell if you are still hidden or are now in sight of a NPC. Any plans on making the eye always visible. (I know there is a sound effect and your character is shadowed when hidden but I feel it would be a great addition.)
    thanks for reading.
    Options
  • Ulfgard_the_RED
    Ulfgard_the_RED
    Soul Shriven
    Can you please release a mini patch for Xbox that allow us to rebind our keys?! Or at least a template that can switch quick menu (dpad up) with Emote menu(dpad left). This would be incredible useful people who have button issues.
    Options
  • RaiseToTop
    RaiseToTop
    Soul Shriven
    When will the performance patch for cyrodil hit consoles?
    Edited by RaiseToTop on January 4, 2016 8:56AM
    Options
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    @Trashyratchet
    You will be able to buy these helms with plain old gold as well. It was simply ZOS's mistake to announce it as a "PvP" vendor, as it will be equally available to all players and their styles of playing.

@RedRoomGaming
    Sadly this comes under gambling, and for the same reasons that almost all countries can't enter the 1Mil give-away, most players wouldn't be able to enter because of their countries laws. I think I speak for all the excluded countries when I say we would like future competitions to be more inclusive, and that means a lottery can't have any part of it.

I never thought about that, hmm maybe the same thing but not spending any money in game just better prizes for harder quests.

OK, vendor aside, you still have to complete PvE content to acquire them currently. So this would be considered a reward only available in PVE that can now be bought. I think it is only fair to have things only available in PvP to be acquired in the same manner.

That is a good idea yes, I was just stating an idea that popped into my head that is all. Maybe the same thing in pvp but rewards that earn you AP or PvP gear you know something only for end game pvp players.
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
    Options
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Hi , are you going to spend some time balancing the roles with in the game, at the moment dps and healers can enjoy pve and pvp, tanks can enjoy pve, dps can enjoy pvp pve and arena . The game is very dps focused and some of us feel left by the side due to our role. Also alone with this are there plans to make stacking health worth it.

A suggestion make all damage scale of weapons and abilities use the magic or stam as resource , this would mean tanks can hit as hard as dps but less often as i would make bosses hit harder thus meaning a tank needs the hp pool for content. This would also balance ttk in pvp and and increase hybrid builds

Please don't do this! Zos your system is wonderful!

Roll a tank and go pvp or heal mealstorm arena then come and comment, just give it a few more dlc when u want to do dungeons and all u get is 4 dps. Only wsy to fix this is add a buff to roles or duel spec, we pay for content which we carnt do becouse of role preferance.

The way to fix it maybe wrong however the problem is still there.

You got a point, I used to tank and my sis used to be a templar heal but after the IP patch with the nerf to stam and heals we both switched to Dps.

My stamina templar has never been the same since IC and I have been thinking switching to mage to heal everyone
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
    Options
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Show us the new trial, maybe? ;)
    Options
  • Jaywics
    Jaywics
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Ms. Gina Bruno, I hope you enjoyed the holidays! I just have two questions as I am new to the forums. My first is: will players have the ability to craft jewelry in 2016, as many current players feel this is much needed?

My second question is: boy or girl?

-Jaywics
    XBOX1 NA
    XBL: Jaywics
    Discord ID: jaywics#2078

Options
  • Llevndryn
    Llevndryn
    ✭✭✭
    Will you open up zones which become locked after certain quests for those who want to visit them again and for the roleplayers who want to roleplay in them ?

See this post about it : http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/116466/opening-up-zones-which-become-locked-after-certain-quests

Hope your holidays was great ! Can't wait to see you guys again in the next show :smile:
    Edited by Llevndryn on January 4, 2016 3:54PM
    Options
  • AllHailFred
    When can we buy bug fix through crown store? or will this be a DLC?
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to start posting the questions you answered on ESO live here again?

Are you ever going to offer a Skin in the Crown Store that will allow vampires to appear mortal, as they did in their pre-vamp state? If Verandis Ravenwatch can do it, why can't we?

Will you ever switch the times on Stage 1 and Stage 3 for vampires? If not, why not?

Are you ever going to offer a werewolf polymorph in the Crown Store? If not, why?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long would it take to level up from 1-50 off only the XP earned by killing innocents? (Justice-Neutral NPCs)

Why do soul gems not scale like all other consumables when you're battle-levelled?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Is this something that could be incorporated into the game when the Thieve's Guild comes. A Black Market Trader that will have all things for sell from all Guild Traders (with a fee of course), SO we can get more options instead of wasting time going to more than 2 or 3 towns to try and find something wwe would want to buy?

With this is there a better way you can make it to search on the guild traders, like searching for the name of something or something like that?
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With this is there a better way you can make it to search on the guild traders, like searching for the name of something or something like that?

@wwusterbarthub17_ESO: This will only be helpful if you're on PC, but...have you tried the Awesome Guild Store add-on?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we have a search function in the guild traders window? Since the release of mercenary style it's hard to navigate through all the motifs. It would also be nice to be able to choose between multiple quality items, like both blue and green at the same time.

Thanks!
    EU PC
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the removal of VR character levels:

-Please do not try and associate anything that is tied to VR to the CP system
    -But for Gear, can you look at using new motifs for materials now under VR1 - VR16

The motif idea is to have a proficiency for each individual character granted by each motif.

This would be a purple consumable item that is BoP or BoE, which unlocks the ability to wear each higher tier of materials. Considering the progression of mats exists already within the VR system, this drop would work for wearing and crafting thus removing the CP requirement of gear and maintaining the gear progression and value of VR1 - VR16 items.

As far as how to address characters with existing gear, just let everyone keep what they have with the same stats and any "NEW" drops would fit into this new motif concept with higher stat values. The motifs would also fall in what we now consider VR zones from mobs or chests

To me this thought process fits into the seasonal gear you mention to want to bring into the game.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 5, 2016 5:53PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY did you make Laurels bound?

Options
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    When is console text chat going to be added? A lot of Xbox users, I don't know about Playstation as I don't pay much attention to it have requested it in multiple threads over the course of the games history on console, some numbering hundreds of replies. I would like to request that the option to be added and let the user decide which option voice or text they would like to use. ZOS has been entirely silent on the matter and I think a lot of people myself included would like a new official response as previous information was made from around console launch. I really don't mean to be rude, but it would be nice to have an answer without being ignored. I have attempted to message Gina directly as well as Rich Lambert with no response.

EDIT: I understand you may not want to answer this question, but please I'm begging is there any future plans to implement this on consoles? If you can't answer this on ESO LIVE, please PM me.
    Edited by DragonSamurai360 on January 6, 2016 9:47PM
    Options
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    When is the next ESO Live? Miss you guys :)
    Options
  • Deathztalker
    Deathztalker
    ✭✭✭
    Bow abilities currently have issues generating soul gems do you have plans to fix these issues?

The current solution for bow users to generate soul gems is for them to switch over to Dual Wield and spec in to Steel Tornado then go AOE grind mobs.
    Live, Love, Laugh, Learn!
    Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get details and video on Thieves Guild soon?
    :smile:
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 6, 2016 4:58PM
    Options
  • Deathztalker
    Deathztalker
    ✭✭✭
    When is the next update to weapon (The bow) abilities and passives planed for? With the recent introduction of some game mechanics for group play and with other changes introduce over the past year some passives are now disadvantaged.
    Live, Love, Laugh, Learn!
    Options
  • ianleenders043
    Hi everyone!

Starting now, during every ESO Live we’ll hold a Q&A where we’ll answer some of your questions about the game. All you have to do is post your questions in this thread and we’ll choose some to answer every two weeks on the show, though we do want to remind you to please be constructive with your questions. If you’re able to join us during the show, we’ll also take some questions from chat as well!

Thanks for your support, and we hope you’ll enjoy this new segment!

Options
  • ianleenders043
    hi zenimax, iv'e got 3 questions,

question 1:

wil we ever be able to create our own titles so that some players don't walk with the same titles and also the players could imagine who they are by titeling their character

question 2: when it was Halloween you did put some costumes in the crown store, but will there ever be quest's that have to do with events like a Christmas quest or something

question 3:

why did you remove the world group finder.

warm regards ianleenders043
    Options
  • Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭
    Pronounced "Gray Geeky".

1. Can we have an ESO Live FAQ somewhere on the ESO website so we can see the questions asked and answered?

2. My Google authenticator started with one website about a year ago, now I have about six websites that I use it for since companies have taken login security more seriously. Can we have two-factor authentication as an option to our ESO login?

3. Can we have an option in our settings to turn off campaign messages when we are not in Cyrodiil? I don't need to see messages about so-and-so stealing such-and-such elder scroll while I'm doing PVE outside Cyrodiil.

Thank you

"Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this may seem like a silly question, but will there be any content in the Thieves Guild DLC for players who don't play thieves?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I know this may seem like a silly question, but will there be any content in the Thieves Guild DLC for players who don't play thieves?

Not dumb. I have the same question
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Letter to the Mages Guild:

@Lawrence_Schick

To Vanus Galerion Archmage of the Mages Guild

and to whom it concerns

Esteemed Leaders of the Guild
    Honored colleagues of Arkana.

I come to you all with a matter that concerns me greatly. Since two years I have the pastime of learning and also having the opportunity to teach new initiates on many topics in the boundaries of our Sanktuarium.

When I am not on Eyvea, I travel the land of our beautiful continent. And that lead me to some rather frightening occurences.

Namely on regular occasions untrained Summoners in every corner. Of course since the Soulburst nullified the covenant with the Aedric Divines, it got increasingly easy to conjure all sorts of daedric simulacra. Since I seem to have the regular duty of aiding Guild Members and Hedge Wizards of all couleur trying, to control their amateurish attempts at summoning padomaic beasts, I demand stricter control and supervision of Conjuration initiates up to the rank of adept.

Since I had close encounters with Daedric Princes myself I know what I am talking about. Even the nature of their more mundane servants is not to be underestimated. We may perceive scamps and dremora as lesser beings. But don't let yourself be fooled. Even scamps harbor a fiendish intelligence, that can very well surpass the abilities of our average pupil. We also know that it is even possible for the uninitiated folks to get into the clutches of a higher Daedric being or even a prince per accident. Let alone all the cults that infest the face of Tamriel and try to find the uninformed and unrestraint to lure them into their plots.

I think it is clear for all concerned, that this situation needs a solution per our own edicts. We are the experts and we are tasked with upholding the highest standards of Magicka and Arcane knowledge. Also we are responsible to protect the public from the machinations of our stray members. It might some day be the case, that no experienced person is around to save the day. And who knows what consequences this might have for the Mundus.

I therefore beseech the Elders of the Guild, to take the necessary steps. To ensure the uninhibited processes and to guarantee the safety of the public and the students of our Academies and Institutions.

It would be agreeable to hear the opinions of my betters and colleagues.

With respect and admiration also urgency

Delvis Pendrillion – Adept of the Mages Guild
    Edited by Pendrillion on January 7, 2016 12:45AM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.